Author Topic: Benitez fumes after draw at Wigan  (Read 90874 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Benitez fumes after draw at Wigan
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:33 am »
There will be a meeting but the only players present will be 2 senior players.

They will be the same 2 senior players Rafa mentioned having a meeting with in his pre-match press conference.

Well I hope the players kick off with the lot of them to be honest because its a fucking mess in the boardroom and with Rafa at the moment. The players need to tell the owners either back Rafa or full off, Rafa needs to be told to get a fucking grip and stop being cautious and Parry needs to be told to take his CoCo self to a fucking lions den and stick his coco head out and see if lion eats it or not.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:41 am »
He is at fault for hauling Gerrard off, but the team he put out tonight should of beaten wigan and shouldnt of conceded a stupid penalty! 3 games 3 stupid goals!
It's at the players, the last time i saw Rafa fuming that much was when we lost against Crystal palace in his 1st season
You're wasting your time mate. Can't you see the witch hunt has gained too much momentum. When I see things like this, I just wonder how long until we hear Rafa Out chants. Suppose it will make for some sort of atmosphere though.

Hardly a soul in here seen the interview. They don't give a fuck that the OP where it's qouted was taken from a cut and pasted version on The BBC web-site. They don't even give a fuck what Rafa was talking about. They don't even give a fuck that one of Fat Head's replies is actually inserted with Rafa's answers. They just want to light the torches and have a lynching now.

I'm ashamed to be even classed as one of them through association. Liverpool supporters.... My Arse!
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:52 am »
The pen wasn't soft.. it was outright f"cking outrageous.  Lucas barely stuck his leg out and that twat was looking for it the whole way, wasn't even attempting to play the ball or do anything, just waiting for the slightest of contact.  He should've been red carded for simulation end of.  That's what Rafa is talking about, crazy decisions like this which make zero sense.

u must be fuckin blind u want people sent off for diving after there has clearly been contact and he has clearly brought down? dont know how anyone can say it wasnt a penalty

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2009, 01:37:02 am »
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gerrard come off when we were still ahead?

And we've got Chelsea on Sunday.

It was after the goal, I'm pretty sure.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2009, 01:37:51 am »
Yer well what can yopu expect playing a defensive formation hom and away, BTW Rafa with all the money you have been given you have bought absloute shite.

United attack, attack attack, we pass it back, back, back  and have 80 % possession so we are obviously doing things right arnt we. Accept we dont score any goals with this possession football and the other team get a set pieace and look like scoring more than we do.

Cant believe tonight just cant believe it we have a great team its just that they arnt aloud to express themselves what a shame hey, what could have been.

Just think we have players and we could have won the legues but our manager has more of a gard on for draws han he does wins.

I am gutted, and If he goes now i for one will not miss him boring possesion football I have defended him long enough and his elephant behind him Duck Kite but enough is enough we deserve more than that shite on show.

After all the money spent Bennynoon and Leiva Wow just wow.

I feel you Lynds , can I call you Lynds ? ?
anyway im getting a bit tired of the passing back when we are near the oppositions area , that says it all about some of our play really ...........
come to think of it we still havent hit that next level yet , we almost blagged our way to the top - not taking anything away but we wernt on fire at any point really , im kinda hoping its still to come and i know we will be better sunday
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2009, 01:37:51 am »
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gerrard come off when we were still ahead?

No I think he was subbed after the goal. Was the decision made beforehand, and then not rescinded?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2009, 01:38:26 am »

Yes we where 1 up and yes we have Chelsea on sunday. 4pm Barney.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2009, 01:38:35 am »
I can only stand up for Rafa for so long, he is done.

A stubborn man who is starting to sounds like the Voyeur Wenger.

Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2009, 01:38:37 am »
I hardly think Rafa has lost the plot. He's just understandably annoyed that we threw away ANOTHER 2 points. Now OK he made some ludacris decisions, but even then, on paper we had enough to beat Wigan. He's just making excuses, it's what managers do.  :)

I understand making excuses, but atleast make good ones.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2009, 01:38:43 am »

it was defo after the goal as he was stood basically behind mido whwen he was taking the pen with a look of utter frustration on his face

Offline grobb

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2009, 01:38:53 am »
fellow lfc fans we need to be realistic with this season . the fact of the matter is this is the first time in a long while we have been at the top come january and this in itself is a big achievement in the right direction .

if not this year then certainly next season but you know we (rafa) shouldnt just give up now, there is still always hope for this year (until its realistically impossible) though one thing is certain (shown by the performances over the last 10 games in particularly the last 3) if its to be this year then its going to the hardest and toughest way, life's not easy at the top, as rafa would testify to this i'm sure!!!without experience . it dosent matter wether we are 1st 2nd 3rd , the thing is have we got what it takes to stay in the hunt and leapfrog to 1st come what may

at the moment teams know that they can guarantee getting at least a point playing against us because we hand it to them, suggests inexperience lack of confidence to stay on top of our game right at the top by killing of the minnows like the twats at the top now

and please rafa stay calm cool and collective. now is not the time to be tinkering with the team  or jumping the ship and certainly not throwing your dummy out of the pram. listen to the fans, the fans have been watching lfc longer than you have.  trust us

i cant bare to see the twats get to 18 come on reds pride is at stake alternatively come on Chelsea

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2009, 01:39:25 am »
yes, it was.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2009, 01:39:28 am »

No mate they had just scored the pen and the Wigan fans were cheering and Rafa decides to bring Gerrard off.

The Chelsea match has nothing to do with anything. Doesnt Rafa say take it one match at a time?

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2009, 01:39:46 am »
Yer well what can yopu expect playing a defensive formation hom and away, BTW Rafa with all the money you have been given you have bought absloute shite.

United attack, attack attack, we pass it back, back, back  and have 80 % possession so we are obviously doing things right arnt we. Accept we dont score any goals with this possession football and the other team get a set pieace and look like scoring more than we do.

Cant believe tonight just cant believe it we have a great team its just that they arnt aloud to express themselves what a shame hey, what could have been.

Just think we have players and we could have won the legues but our manager has more of a gard on for draws han he does wins.

I am gutted, and If he goes now i for one will not miss him boring possesion football I have defended him long enough and his elephant behind him Duck Kite but enough is enough we deserve more than that shite on show.

After all the money spent Bennynoon and Leiva Wow just wow.

Fuckin'  'ell.  Are you really a Liverpool fan?
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2009, 01:39:48 am »

OK ta.

Only listened on Radio City. Not watched MotD either. I'll watch tomorrow on LFCTV.

87:13

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2009, 01:40:31 am »
Yes we where 1 up and yes we have Chelsea on sunday. 4pm Barney.

It was after their goal mate.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2009, 01:41:07 am »

Cheers all ;D

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2009, 01:41:11 am »
Did any of you dickheads actually watch the fucking interview....
You daft treacherous twats. The BBC cut up to interviews into this snippet and you jump all over our boss!
He was getting asked about our performance. He said.... It was crazy. Everyone was jumping in tackling and running around. You can't control things like that. But I don't want to say too much.
Bet he fucking will at Melwood tomorrow though.

As for Fat Head and the Ferguson comment....
The Interviewer was pressing him into saying Ferguson would be made up. Bruce said, That's nothing to do with me, or I have nothing to do with them now or words to that effect. The interviewer kept pressing and he eventually said, Yes. I'm sure he's delighted with the result.

I don't know about Rafa, but I definetly think a load of you disloyal c*nts should keep your fucking mouth's shut and stop jumping on the Boss - especially when you don't even know what you are talking about.

Getting really sick and tired of you c*nts in here.

Well in FS - you're right on it there. Someone add this post to that "Posts you should read" thread.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2009, 01:41:35 am »
It was after their goal mate.

No, no, no, no.

I know i was just trying to have a laugh.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2009, 01:41:36 am »
Just think if it wasn't for Spurs away we could have been the only team to go unbeaten all season and still not win the league. What an achievement that would have been!  :scarf :champ :duh
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2009, 01:42:24 am »
But we are playing Chelsea on Sunday Barney at 4pm.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2009, 01:42:45 am »
No, no, no, no.

I know i was just trying to have a laugh.

Sorry mate didnt know. laugh away now if you want.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2009, 01:43:55 am »
Sorry mate didnt know. laugh away now if you want.

It was comic genius how did you not notice, my talent is wasted on these people.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:03 am »
You're wasting your time mate. Can't you see the witch hunt has gained too much momentum. When I see things like this, I just wonder how long until we hear Rafa Out chants. Suppose it will make for some sort of atmosphere though.

Hardly a soul in here seen the interview. They don't give a fuck that the OP where it's qouted was taken from a cut and pasted version on The BBC web-site. They don't even give a fuck what Rafa was talking about. They don't even give a fuck that one of Fat Head's replies is actually inserted with Rafa's answers. They just want to light the torches and have a lynching now.

I'm ashamed to be even classed as one of them through association. Liverpool supporters.... My Arse!

Another good post - you're not alone FS - keep your head up mate!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:03 am »

Aye I had a vague feeling about us playing Chelsea sometime in the not-too-distant...

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2009, 01:45:06 am »
Aye I had a vague feeling about us playing Chelsea sometime in the not-too-distant...

No you silly man we have Stoke on sunday, 4pm.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline jackfrancis

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2009, 01:47:01 am »
Take off of the red tinted specs. It was a stonewall pen.

I just watched it again.. it was pretty lame for a pen.  I didn't see this morning that Lucas had actually touched his toe slightly.  Brushed up against his foot a bit.  Stonewall.

Offline grobb

• Main Stander
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2009, 01:48:27 am »
sunday will be the turning point a hard fought 2-0 win to boost morale and confidence and thus the title run in

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2009, 01:49:47 am »
I hate to say it but tonight was the night for me the penny dropped and i became disillusioned with Benitez

He's a complex man with different sides and there's no doubting he's done great things for our club and catapulted it forward from where we were when we joined

BUT

in the last few weeks his ego has sabotaged our team
the treatment of Keane has been farcical, his statement about ferguson - while i agreed with every word - betrayed an inferiority complex which has got worse in recent games and he seems preoccupied with his own contract situation.

of course he's not solely to blame - the heirachy of the club are a bunch of ego infested dick swinging morons who seem to act in complete contradiction to the teams best interests of the team on the pitch
however his decision making, aura and media interaction are falling apart - i wish it wasn't the case but how can you view things in any other way?

honestly i don't think we're quite good enough to win the title - but also that we're better than our current form. i think we're getting closer but when the pressure comes on Rafa's worst qualities have come on. He refuses to accept that to win the league he needs to change his mentality and risk defeat to gain victory
i hate to think this or type it but i dont see how we can win the league (which is incredibly difficult given the financial situation in the first place) with him in charge
having said that this isn't a constructive post because fuck knows where we go from here
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:56:34 am by JackWard33 »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2009, 01:53:16 am »
Why keep this thread on it's original subject when we can conduct a lynching? But for anyone who has the slightest interest in what actually happened...
Rafa was being asked about our performance. He was fuming and he said... It was a crazy second half. Everyone was running about tackling and jumping. You can't control things like that. It's been the same for the last 3 games.

FFS The man was talking about our team, not taking control, just running round, jumping into stupid takles and not keeping a grip of the ball. The, "it was the same in the last 3 games" was about 3 stupid goals been given away.

He then said, I don't want to say too much about it. Like I said before, I'm sure he'll have plenty to say to our players about it at Melwood tomorrow.

The interviewer then pressed Bruce into making the "I'm sure he's delighted" comment about Ferguson - which is actually atributed to Rafa in the interview in the original post.

That's because the interview in the original post is a very selectively edited version of what was really said. Funny what you can do with a bit of the auld cut and paste melarkey.

But why let any of that get in the way of a witch hunt, eh?

Fuck it. I'm off to bed and I'm going to do my absolute best to stay out of here for quite sometime.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:13 am »
If you're that upset, maybe make some hugely funny fishing thread about sacking Rafa?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:15 am »
Thank God for posters like you, Fat Scouser!

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:40 am »
Fuck it. I'm off to bed and I'm going to do my absolute best to stay out of here for quite sometime.

See yer in the morning fella ;)

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:25 am »
So here's what really happened. It's understandable that noone wants to look at this now, but I took one for all you bitter bastards and watched it about 10 times over.

It's a throw-in to us with 10 minutes to go and we pushed up too far. That was it. For everyone crying about pushing for the second, it's what did us. Rafa had Keane up, and was giving him instructions. He was going for it. We had the ball, throwin near side.

Aurelio took the throwin left side to Mascherano, who gave him a very tough ball back, and he miscontrolled it. One Wigan hoof got the ball to the halfway line, where Skittles got beaten in the air in the Wigan half by Mido, it looks like, and the ball broke to Brown, who brought the ball up to our box. There was noone around. Everyone was too far up.

At this point, both Skittles and Carra are badly beaten and turned around. Arbeloa is jogging towards the fucking penalty spot from what appears to be the left side of the pitch, the right side is completely abandoned, save for two furious players running back at breakneck speed to cover for the three defenders that should not have been beaten so badly.

Yes, for all the moaners, those two were Kuyt and Lucas, tearing back like rats up a fucking drainpipe. It wasn't their job, but they did it anyway, and Lucas busted his arse to beat everyone to a bad fucking situation.

Lucas fucked up, but it wasn't that bad - Koumas was always playing for it. Here's the real kicker - Wigan had two players clearly offside at the time Koumas tried to take the ball past Lucas. If Lucas had just let him go, he was gonna either run out of pitch, or have 2 teammates offside in front of Pepe.

If you watch it a couple times, you might end up walking off the muppet stage for giving Lucas grief. Arbeloa, Skittles and Carra blew it. 7 minutes to go, and everyone went marauding for an unnecessary second goal.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:31 am »
Just think if it wasn't for Spurs away we could have been the only team to go unbeaten all season and still not win the league. What an achievement that would have been!  :scarf :champ :duh

we would be top by a point at this time if we won that game just incase you post isn't trying to be ironic

to everyone else just imagine if we now went on a 8 game winning run would you all want Rafa out then?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:01:19 am by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:50 am »
Well in FS - you're right on it there. Someone add this post to that "Posts you should read" thread.
I've calmed down a bit since posting that so I tried to post it again in a sane manner. Don't know why. The torches are well and truly lit and their rounding up the posse. They won't be content until they hound the man out - leaving us completely at the mercy of H&G and Parry and setting us back fuck knows how many years.

You know Dalglish finally walked when some of our own "Supporters" turned on him. How much will Rafa take.

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2009, 01:59:13 am »
Thanks for clearing that up FS

Didnt see it yet
Rafa was being asked about our performance. He was fuming and he said... It was a crazy second half. Everyone was running about tackling and jumping. You can't control things like that. It's been the same for the last 3 games.

but.... 

Surely its up to Rafa to control his players when  things like this are happening?
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2009, 02:00:08 am »
Fuckin'  'ell.  Are you really a Liverpool fan?

No whats yer problem?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2009, 02:00:43 am »
I Love You Liverpool Football Club.

Goodnight All.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline IloveGuinness17

• Knows fuck all about waves...
  • Legacy Fan
  • M.I.A.
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2009, 02:00:51 am »
Listened to the interview. to be honest, to me, it looked like Rafa was pissed off, no doubt, but he was trying to control himself. No outbursts and no ammunition for the press and other managers. I don't know why so much is being made of this really? Can someone please explain?

We were winning, on our way to 3 points, a penalty occured, we drew. Agaisnt Everton in the league, we were winning, we conceeded a bad goal, we drew. These were mistakes by the players that caused the loss of points. You can say Rafa should have this, Rafa should have that but you must also say Skrtel should have marked Cahill better, and Lucas should not have made a "bad" tackle. Rafa can't control these things. 
JFT 96-Solidarity