Author Topic: The Top Six Mini-League Thread... Sponsored by TENA  (Read 344138 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: The Top Six Mini-League and the Run In...
« Reply #1760 on: April 27, 2017, 11:27:19 pm »
Does your prediction model take into account them playing 5 games in 14 days? All of them likely to be intense.

Yeah that will be tough for them for sure

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1761 on: April 27, 2017, 11:28:38 pm »
Haha - you want to split that ppg into first half of the season vs second half?
You could also take a look at our expg in the last two months vs our opponents or our shot totals.
We haven't been playing well and we need it to change (or we need to get lucky - that'll also work)

Well let's see what the game on Monday brings. What we could do with is rediscovering our goalscoring form. A good win there, could really give us some momentum going into the last games.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1762 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:06 pm »
Haha - you want to split that ppg into first half of the season vs second half?
Then don't say recent level.

We won't need elite performances for these last 4 games. Palace is easily a level above them form wise.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1763 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:21 pm »

I'm the one who points out we have a world water shortage and we should use better analogies.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1764 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:43 pm »
Does your prediction model take into account them playing 5 games in 14 days? All of them likely to be intense.

They'll need their marquee signings for those games

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: April 27, 2017, 11:30:20 pm »
City and United will drop points in their remaining games.

City, Arsenal, United and ourselves will all drop points,  but who will drop the least?
We are Loyal Supporters

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1766 on: April 27, 2017, 11:30:25 pm »
I think Liverpool will win the next game and that's all I want to think about right now!

Exactly. 1 game at a time, table will become clearer week by week.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1767 on: April 27, 2017, 11:32:56 pm »
Klopp's PC tomorrow will be interesting. Let's hope he has some good news concerning Lallana and maybe even Sturridge.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1768 on: April 27, 2017, 11:33:01 pm »
Would be great if we could keep winning so that United go to Arsenal and/or Spurs really needing to win rather than just parking the bis knowing a point would be decent. Woukd go against all Mourinho's instincts in how to approach big away games.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1769 on: April 27, 2017, 11:34:07 pm »
If United win the Europa League and finish 5th we will have 5 English teams in the CL next season.   But would we still have 3 in the Europa League or would it drop to 2?   Quite significant if the likes of Watford and Southampton are in a battle for 8th place.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1770 on: April 27, 2017, 11:38:47 pm »
Then don't say recent level.

We won't need elite performances for these last 4 games. Palace is easily a level above them form wise.

Well ppg follow underlying numbers but not over short runs of games. We haven't been playing well or dominating teams for a while including recently
Winning 4 in a row in the league at any point is tough. We don't need elite performances but we also need some things to break our way

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1771 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:50 pm »

Win against Watford and we will finish in the top 4.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1772 on: April 27, 2017, 11:46:57 pm »
Utd are absolutely battered and down to bare bones with numerous injuries and suspensions. Mourinho is still intimating they'll prioritize EL, and he'll have to save some vital players for the semi-final. Considering their record this season against the dross at OT it really wouldn't surprise me if they slipped up against Swansea.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: April 27, 2017, 11:50:47 pm »
Utd are absolutely battered and down to bare bones with numerous injuries and suspensions. Mourinho is still intimating they'll prioritize EL, and he'll have to save some vital players for the semi-final. Considering their record this season against the dross at OT it really wouldn't surprise me if they slipped up against Swansea.

Them saving players still involves a lot of good players getting games.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #1774 on: April 28, 2017, 12:03:50 am »
Man United

Swansea (H) Win
Arsenal (A) Draw
Spurs (A) Draw
Southampton (A) Win
Crystal Palace (H) Draw

United will get at least 9 points here I feel leaving them on 73 points. I have a feeling that Celta Vigo will dump them out of europe however. People think Arsenal and Spurs will be the beneficiaries of United having one eye on silverware but I think it will be Celta taking advantage of some demanding performances in London.

Arsenal

Spurs (A) Draw
Man Utd (H) Draw
Southampton (A) Win
Stoke (A) Win
Sunderland (H) Win
Everton (A) Draw

Arsenal will get at least 12 points I think leaving them on 72 points

Liverpool

Watford (A) Win
Southampton (H) Draw
West Ham (A) Draw
Middlesboro (H) Win

We will get 8 points from the last 4 I reckon, it should be enough for 4th leaving us on 74 points. We haven't scored against Southampton this season I don't expect that to change seeing as Puel seemingly has our number. Not looking forward to playing a relaxed West Ham side who have nothing to play for either.

Man City

Middlesboro (A) Win
C Palace (H) Draw
Leicester (H) Win
West Brom (H) Win
Watford (A) Win

City will get 13 points from last games securing 3rd place with 78 points.

Its going to be incredibly tight either way.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: April 28, 2017, 12:32:15 am »
Good result tonight, with both Man City and Man Utd dropping 2 points. Middlesbrough and Swansea will be anything but a walk in the park for them over the weekend. Of course, we have to win against Watford.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1776 on: April 28, 2017, 12:55:39 am »
Not a good result for us last night
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: April 28, 2017, 01:07:04 am »
Good result tonight, with both Man City and Man Utd dropping 2 points. Middlesbrough and Swansea will be anything but a walk in the park for them over the weekend. Of course, we have to win against Watford.

Utd and City will both win comfortably.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1778 on: April 28, 2017, 01:21:00 am »

Arsenal

Spurs (A) Draw
Man Utd (H) Draw
Southampton (A) Win
Stoke (A) Win
Sunderland (H) Win
Everton (A) Draw

Arsenal will get at least 12 points I think leaving them on 72 points

You reckon the Bluenoses will leave us a draw? They may field their U18s to lose this match just so we can't get to CL

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: April 28, 2017, 01:32:17 am »
Utd and City will both win comfortably.

You mean Utd and City are both big favorites to win their respective games.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: April 28, 2017, 02:11:35 am »

Can't really see the relegation teams defeating either Manc club. Man Utd at home to Swansea should be a comfortable win for Man U, and I think City will probably get a draw at worst at Middlesborough. They barely score at home and it'll be more a case of if they can stop City from scoring which I think is unlikely. Boro I think will be resigned to going down - very unlikely that they will stay up given their remaining fixtures and Swansea's remaining fixtures. We shot our chances in the foot by our terrible performance against Palace, and then poor home performances against Bournemouth and Swansea, and away at Sunderland. We let it slip with late goals against Bournemouth, Swansea and Sunderland and that cost us 6 points. This would have virtually guaranteed a top 4 finish.

The key fixtures for our hopes now are:
Our 4 remaining games, of which we need to win at least 3 of 4, if not all 4.

AND

Spurs vs Arsenal
Arsenal vs Utd
Spurs vs Utd

For which we need Spurs to beat both teams, and for Arsenal to draw with Utd. That'll mean Utd can end up on 74 at best, and Arsenal on 73 at best. This will mean that if we can get 3 wins (taking us to 75) then we should be either 3rd or 4th depending on what happens to City. If Arsenal or Utd overturn these fixtures and claim points then we might finish as low as 6th. We have to do our part first which is to win as many of our remaining games as possible.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #1781 on: April 28, 2017, 03:51:20 am »
If we don't win the 4 remaining games do we really deserve to fall over the line for a CL spot based on other results?

That's assuming Yernited won't get maximum points.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1782 on: April 28, 2017, 05:32:05 am »

Why are people so sure that we won't get a result against West Ham? Are they suddenly good? Or without a manager that is dead man walking? And they have nothing to fight for. I just don't see us stumbling there.

Southampton will be the much tougher match for us.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1783 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:44 am »
Utd need a miracle.

The 4 games in 10 days will kill them off. 2 EL semi legs plus Spurs and Arsenal away, all in 10 days. Good luck with that.
I can see them dropping points elsewhere too. They just draw too many games and have done all season.

Will we do enough to take advantage of that though? I guess we'll have to wait and see. We've been our own worst enemy at times this season. Let's just hope we can string 4 wins in a row together. We should be more than capable of doing it. You just don't know with this lot though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #1784 on: April 28, 2017, 06:02:15 am »

Spurs vs Arsenal
Arsenal vs Utd
Spurs vs Utd

........we need Spurs to beat both teams, and for Arsenal to draw with Utd. That'll mean Utd can end up on 74 at best, and Arsenal on 73 at best. This will mean that if we can get 3 wins (taking us to 75) then we should be either 3rd or 4th depending on what happens to City.

THIS

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: April 28, 2017, 06:25:21 am »
Not a good result for us last night
Why?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: April 28, 2017, 06:42:53 am »
Why?

Probably because they will both be above us by the time we play Monday. Not the worst it could have been but not a good result.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: April 28, 2017, 06:52:35 am »
I'd have preferred a City win, but they both dropped points so a draw isn't the end of the world. None of it will even matter if we don't win our games though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1788 on: April 28, 2017, 07:07:22 am »
Why?
Means Yernited is still hard on our tails
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1789 on: April 28, 2017, 07:54:48 am »
Why are people so sure that we won't get a result against West Ham? Are they suddenly good? Or without a manager that is dead man walking? And they have nothing to fight for. I just don't see us stumbling there.

Southampton will be the much tougher match for us.
How did we stumble at a shocking Sunderland? Or a Hull side who couldn't buy a win? Or a Leicester team which had looked like relegation fodder for the season until they played us? A Bournemouth side who we had a 2 goal advantage against with minutes left of the game?

Because of our poor defense and frail mentality, teams do not fear us in the slightest. The remaining fixtures we have this season are exactly the type of games we are likely to drop points in. I would rather have a run of games against the top 6 sides.

We can take solace in that neither of our competitors can win every game but we bloody well better make sure we hold up our end of the bargain.
JFT97

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: April 28, 2017, 07:55:55 am »
Means Yernited is still hard on our tails

They have a huge pile up of fixtures and are missing players to both injuries and suspension, say nothing of having to play games close together. The other problem is there having difficulties winning at home. It is why I have a feeling Swansea can nick a point on Sunday. They will be confident after a crucial win and vitally have everything to play for. We just need them to have a real go at United.

This is not going to be as straight forward as people think. We just have to make sure we win our games.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: April 28, 2017, 08:02:12 am »
I would have been worried about Utd but thankfully those midweek games which are likely to be intense will play a major reason in them dropping pts against Spurs and Arse - probably lose at least one if not both.

They've not lost for 24 games, so who says Mourinho doesn't go there like he did at City, get 2 draws and win the other 3, then we need 10 points - Anybody really sure that will happen?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1792 on: April 28, 2017, 08:04:19 am »
They've not lost for 24 games, so who says Mourinho doesn't go there like he did at City, get 2 draws and win the other 3, then we need 10 points - Anybody really sure that will happen?
They're due a defeat then...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: April 28, 2017, 08:08:51 am »
They have a huge pile up of fixtures and are missing players to both injuries and suspension, say nothing of having to play games close together. The other problem is there having difficulties winning at home. It is why I have a feeling Swansea can nick a point on Sunday. They will be confident after a crucial win and vitally have everything to play for. We just need them to have a real go at United.

This is not going to be as straight forward as people think. We just have to make sure we win our games.

They haven't got this huge pile up of fixtures that everyone keeps going on about. They got through December, January and February with much worse. Spurs and Arsenal can hopefully do us a favour.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: April 28, 2017, 08:18:29 am »
They haven't got this huge pile up of fixtures that everyone keeps going on about. They got through December, January and February with much worse. Spurs and Arsenal can hopefully do us a favour.

They have 7 games in 3 weeks. What are you on about?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1795 on: April 28, 2017, 08:18:31 am »

Well that's it they will never lose again.

People losing their heads here!

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: April 28, 2017, 08:19:03 am »
How many times do you want to post that they've drawn a lot of games? In most of the games they've drawn against the dross they've been really unlucky - it's been hilarious but it's also more likely they'll win their games against the dross than not.
It's going to be very tight - most of the prediction models have us as a favorite but those are using our performances across the season not our recent level. It looks like a total coin flip between us and united
Twice. Ive mentioned it twice. That ok hun ?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1797 on: April 28, 2017, 08:24:39 am »
Have you seem their fixtures? At one point they're playing every three days.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1798 on: April 28, 2017, 08:26:43 am »
They have 7 games in 3 weeks. What are you on about?

Yes the usual amount of games for teams in Europe. 2 games a week madness.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: April 28, 2017, 08:27:51 am »
Think its ourselves and Arsenal we need to be worried about. Think Manu are done. Fixture pile up, injuries, tough away games, theyre toast. I can see Arsenal being more a threat but if we get at least 9pts i think / hope it will be enough regardless.   
Football is a lie