Author Topic: Liverpool v Spurs - League Cup 4th Round.  (Read 27624 times)

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
Re: Liverpool v Spurs - League Cup 4th Round.
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2016, 07:44:12 pm »
I think we're going to take this more seriously than them. Should see a strong 11 starting, but even if not, the good thing is that our squad is so strong that even a rotated side looks great right now.

Have to admit that although I love this competition, my eyes are firmly on the league right now. Still would be delighted to see us win this trophy though.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 07:47:04 pm »
im over it mate, just admit you're wrong 😆😆

OFFS in the last 5 games they have both played look at the OP.

Christ, Mountains and Molehills.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 08:04:35 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-set-ring-liverpool-changes-12066526#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Klopp set to ring Liverpool changes for Tottenham EFL Cup tie as Ings trains with first team
Y.N.W.A.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2016, 08:09:59 pm »
Yeah i'm of the same opinion Spurs will play a weakened side,they will want to get back to winning ways in the league and have a vital game after the weekend in the CL.

I would like to see Grujic play in this game,get some minutes under his belt.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2016, 08:11:35 pm »
We can still play a strong side and rest Mane, Phil and Firmino.

Henderson suspended and would rest Clyne and Milner.

Others need game time.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »
Ings and Alexander Arnold did not play today so.......

Stewart either, he might start with Lucas playing CB

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 08:32:09 pm »
Because a lot of the better teams are out or have drawn each other, theres every chance we can go far again. For that reason id rather we go all out to win this. First team bar a few of the guys who put the mileage in (milner, lallana, firminho).

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2016, 09:02:40 pm »
Want to see Sturridge and Origi start together again and unleash another Southampton performance, Ings off the bench

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Sturridge, Origi

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2016, 09:13:02 pm »
Ings to start and score a couple. Think the lad deserves a fair crack at it for us.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2016, 09:20:41 pm »
Want to see Sturridge and Origi start together again and unleash another Southampton performance, Ings off the bench

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Sturridge, Origi

Will be surprised if we go that strong. One of Matip or Lovren will sit out, as will Milner and Mane.

I think it will be Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Matip/Lovren, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Can, Stewart/Grujic, Origi, Sturridge and Lallana.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »
I expect to see Mignolet, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Origi and Sturridge definitely come in.

So who starts at right back, Clyne or TAA? Who's the third forward, Ings or one of our usual front three? And how strong do we go in midfield? Stewart, Grujic and Ejaria will be in the squad but how many of them start.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 09:42:14 pm »
I think Klopp will give some time to some of the players who have had few chances in the league. Hopefully they can win the game for us but if not then I won't be too concerned as our main focus will be on the league.
#JFT97

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2016, 09:48:54 pm »
I expect to see Mignolet, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Origi and Sturridge definitely come in.

So who starts at right back, Clyne or TAA? Who's the third forward, Ings or one of our usual front three? And how strong do we go in midfield? Stewart, Grujic and Ejaria will be in the squad but how many of them start.

I'd be surprised if Klopp rotates the goalkeeper, particulary as Karius is still feeling his way. Spurs may give him the opportunity to make some actual saves, rather than deal with random crosses.

Offline noshade

• Boys Pen
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2016, 10:11:22 pm »
Ings to start and score a couple. Think the lad deserves a fair crack at it for us.
Got to agree on this one. He's been doing quite well in the reserves, scoring a hat-trick beginning of Oct. The lad at least deserves to prove his worth. Our attack trio needs some rest and be ready for Palace. Dings with either Studge or Origi up front against Spurs for me.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2016, 10:49:50 pm »
Pochettino has already hinted at a weaker team around a week ago when he was talking about upcoming games.
YWNA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2016, 10:51:12 pm »
Full speed ahead, blow them out and if players need a rest they can get it on 60
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2016, 11:35:51 pm »
Oh jesus get over it will you. Last 5 each.
I was confused too, fwiw.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2016, 11:44:27 pm »

Yeah that's not going to happen. We're not playing all of them. Based on what Klopp was saying and what the Echo is reporting, they'll be at least five changes.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2016, 12:03:18 am »
Does rotating the squad even weaken it that much?

The team that started vs West Brom:

Karius
Clyne    Matip      Lovren     Milner
                 Henderson
            Lallana       Can
  Mané                          Coutinho
                  Firmino

8 changes...

Karius > Mignolet
Clyne > Trent AA
Lovren/Matip > Klavan
Milner > Moreno
Henderson (susp.) > Lucas
Lallana > Wijnaldum
Can > Grujic
Firmino > Sturridge

... and still a very strong team:

Mignolet
 Trent AA   Lovren    Klavan    Moreno
                        Lucas
                Grujic   Wijnaldum
      Mané                         Coutinho
                    Sturridge

Perhaps a little bit light at the back, but probably stronger than whatever Spurs could rotate to.

I don't think Grujic will start though; more likely that Lallana or Can do. Ditto for Trent AA; but 6-7 changes is easily doable.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:06:13 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2016, 12:10:39 am »
^^^ When was the last time we could say that 6-7 changes don't weaken the squad?!   ;)

Good times!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2016, 01:32:23 am »
Team I'd pick...

......................Mignolet...........................

TAA........Lucas............Klavan.........Moreno

......................Stewart............................

..............Can................Wijnaldum...........

.....Lallana.......Sturridge...........Origi........

That's a completely new back 6 so that might be a risk, maybe you could keep the CBs the same but having Lucas next to TAA I think would help him
think Stewart might start this one, and Can and Wijnaldum need to get some match sharpness.  You could easily start Ings for this one too think he's
going to be an important sub for Klopp moving forward.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2016, 02:26:38 am »
Have a feeling Klopp will make 1 or 2 changes but will keep mostly the same team as yesterday.  Can definitely see Ings getting some time

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2016, 02:51:16 am »
Think we'll see some changes for this one. I have a feeling we'll see the likes of Klavan feature along with Ings (possibly on the bench/from the right) and maybe Origi and Sturridge as well. Good chance to give these guys a game as Spurs will also have to rest some players.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2016, 03:46:25 am »
I've always been curious if the managers contact each other and strike up some sort of gentleman's agreement before these kind of matches as to how many starters they'll be benching.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2016, 03:57:23 am »
GK
I think this one is up in air. Karius has played 5 in a row now, including our previous cup game, after Mignolet played our first 6 in a row while Karius was injured. If Karius plays this one I think that's a pretty firm statement that he's our #1 now. If Mignolet plays it could be he will get his games mostly in the cups or that we'll rotate a little bit in goal this season. Personally I think the former is more likely.

DEFENSE
The Derby game saw Moreno and Klavan starting in place of Milner and Lovren. I'm guessing we'll see two changes from our preferred back 4 in this one too. Moreno will likely get a start and I think either of Klavan/Lucas could get a chance at center back. If I had to guess I'd say Lovren is the one to miss out out of him and Matip.

MIDFIELD
Henderson has started both our cup games so far, but is unavailable due to suspension. The other midfield roles were filled by Can/Lallana vs Burton and Lucas/Grujic vs Derby. I think we'll go strong here and start with two out of Can/Lallana/Gini and one out of Grujic/Lucas/Stewart. My guess would be Can/Gini/Stewart.

ATTACK
Both Firmino and Origi have started our first two cup games, and Origi is in need of playing time. So is Sturridge, and if both start Klopp might choose Coutinho ahead of Firmino to play alongside them as he's more of a creator and more often comes deep to pick up the ball in midfield areas. If only one out of Sturridge/Origi starts Firmino is likely the one to take the last spot in the starting 11 though. He's started all our games bar Chelsea so far this season, and it's possible Klopp see him as a vital part of our attacking play. I might go with Coutinho/Sturridge/Firmino and let Origi get 30-35 minutes off the bench.

In conlcusion I'd take a guess at something like this

.......................Karius............................

....Clyne.....Matip.....Klavan.....Moreno....

......................Stewart..........................

.................Gini..........Can.....................

......Firmino.....Sturridge.....Coutinho......

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 06:39:11 am »
Don't see any reason why Lucas wouldn't start this.
YWNA

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2016, 06:49:40 am »
Because a lot of the better teams are out or have drawn each other, theres every chance we can go far again. For that reason id rather we go all out to win this. First team bar a few of the guys who put the mileage in (milner, lallana, firminho).

Milner had the International Break to recover from. I'd rest the Brazilian Boys, Mane and Clyne. Henderson suspended

Online RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2016, 08:51:00 am »
Come on Redmen!!
I suspect that the main learning from this match will be that the depth of our squad is much stronger that Spurs. Am hoping to see a great result to demonstrate this. Those missing from Prenton Park plus the bench against WBA seem to be the starting line up. Mignolet, AA, Klavan, Lucas, Moreno, Ejaria, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Sturridge, Origi, Ings is my guess.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2016, 09:39:55 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing young Grujic play.

He has the physical attributes of Can, a great technique too... but hopefully he has more of an eye for goal...

Front three of Divock, Dings and Humungous D for me
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2016, 09:40:16 am »
I think we'll see a good few changes, not so much to rest players, but more to give others a chance to play.

Karius should play as he needs game time. No benefit in dropping him out for this....

Karius

TAA        Klavan    Lucas     Moreno

Can

Grujic             Lallana

Mane          Ings              Firmino

Putting that team together made me think....if Mane is unable to play who do we have to play that role? Ojo maybe when fit??  Next window maybe we need a Mane and Lallana back up?

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2016, 09:55:28 am »
Would like to see Ings, Origi and Sturridge to start up front with Can, Lucas and Gini covering the midfield and Migs in goal. Klavan might be partnered with anyone of Matip and Lovren and will be substituted with the other if we have a comfortable lead. I think Clyne might start and will be substituted around the hour mark by Alexander Arnold with Moreno starting at LB.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2016, 10:00:31 am »
Really want to beat these but Palace away four days later makes a few changes necessary IMO.

With Henderson out, I'd be dropping Can into the "number six" role to see if he's up to speed in that role. I'm not too keen on the idea of Lucas there against Spurs as I think we need mobility against Spurs' high press.

As much as the thought of watching Moreno play 90 minutes pains me, I'd be resting Milner as I see him crucial to our title hopes now and I think he's put in a tremendous amount of effort the last couple of games.

Not sure I'd be starting Firmino or Coutinho either given their recent travels. We can't afford to burn them out but they could be big from the bench.

And does Mignolet now become our cup goalkeeper? I'm not sure I see the point; sink or swim, we need to see how Karius fares against high-class opposition.

Karius

Clyne    Matip      Lovren    Moreno

Can

Lallana    Wijnaldum

Mane    Sturridge        Origi

Subs: Mignolet, Lucas, TAA, Grujic, Coutinho, Firmino, Ings
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:02:15 am by bcurtis92 »

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2016, 10:00:36 am »
We have to get the balance right in this one. Big guns are facing each other or are already out. There's a trophy at the end of this tunnel.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2016, 11:26:30 am »
Putting that team together made me think....if Mane is unable to play who do we have to play that role? Ojo maybe when fit??  Next window maybe we need a Mane and Lallana back up?
Already bricking it for when ACON starts and he misses the United and Chelsea games.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:28:06 am by MerseysideBrum »
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2016, 12:14:35 pm »
Think Spuds will make wholesale changes aa it seems they've looked jaded.

Can see Mane, Phil, Bob, Matip and Milner dropping to the bench.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2016, 12:14:36 pm »
We should take it seriously but I'd also like to see Grujic and Origi get game time.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2016, 01:02:11 pm »
Klopp's confirmed Mignolet will start and there will be other changes.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2016, 01:04:33 pm »
Sturridge needs a goal and Origi desperately needs minutes. Ideally you'd like to see something of Ings, but that will probably be off the bench.

Would he start both Sturridge and Origi?

Karius / Clyne / Matip / Lovren / Moreno / Can / Wjinaldum / Lallana / Coutinho / Sturridge / Origi would probably be my team.

We have no midweek games until the next round of this competition, which I think is the last week in November/start of December, so unless players are showing signs of fatigue, we should go strong.

I'd rest Milner because of how important he is in that position, and I'd sit out Firmino and Mane ahead of Palace at the weekend, because Sturridge and Origi need goals/minutes.

I don't understand why there has to be lots of changes, unless it's to give others minutes.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2016, 01:36:59 pm »
            Mignolet

AA   Matip   Lovren   Moreno

Elijaria   Can   Wijnaldum

Sturridge  Origi    Ings

Thats how I would line up. I don't think CBs need rested and the more games they play the better. Wijnaldum is just back from injury and needs minutes. Can & Origi need as many minutes as they can get, both of them look incredibly off the pace although Can improved during the West Brom game. Both fullbacks need a rest IMO, Clyne's form is starting to dip slightly and Milner looks to be carrying a few niggles and always seems to be in the wars.

I think this team carries a good mix of people who would contending for first team, youngsters (Arnold, Elajaria), and players who need to get involved at some stage (Mignolet, Ings, Moreno).

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2016, 01:51:49 pm »
Mignolet starts. Would expect 3 or 4 more changes.