Author Topic: Liverpool v Spurs - League Cup 4th Round.  (Read 27634 times)

Offline ScouserCal

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Spurs - League Cup 4th Round.
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2016, 10:32:59 am »
Think the players coming in shouldn't be a huge problem if he does decide to rotate, Klopp has the whole squad drilled to how he wants them by the looks of it.

Ings is perfectly suited to this pressing game just hope he gives him a start.

Hope TAA & Ejaria start swell.

Confident with whatever team we put out at home under Klopp.

Lets go red men !!           

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:02 am »
           Mignolet
 Trent AA - Klavan - Stewart - Moreno
        Grujic - Can -Ejaria
         Origi - Sturridge - Ings

Subs: no one over 22
Switch Lucas for Can and swap him with Stewart and you are there. Maybe Sahko instead of on one of those.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:10 am »
2nd Sep 2013 - Sakho and Illori join Liverpool: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23926042

Really thought they would be the future of our central defence for years to come! Now they can't even get a league cup game. Sad but there you go.

Who cares? Neither have shown themselves to be good enough for Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2016, 10:54:49 am »
Given all the stories from last night i'm expecting a pretty weakened team. Something like this...

Mignolet
TAA     Lucas Klavan Moreno
             Stewart
          Grujic  Ejaria
   Origi     Ings    Sturridge

I could see him having that back five (although I want Matip to play) but I'd be surprised if he went with such an untested midfield. Think Wijnaldum will play to build fitness ahead of the weekend. Stewart is a good shout and may well start, but wouldn't mind Emre playing instead. And I'm just not sure about playing three strikers - I'd probably take Ings out and play Phil or Mane.

So my team would be Migs, TAA, Matip, Klavan, Moreno, Can, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Mane, Origi, Sturridge with a bench of Karius, Lucas, Milner, Stewart, Ejaria, Coutinho and Ings.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2016, 10:57:49 am »
Hope to see some of the rest of our squad tonight....

I would hope Clyne and Milner are rested out of first 11, probably the Brazilians too.

I do want us to win a trophy and this is one of 3 chances this season, but really don't want any injuries tonight. If they are gonna go weaker than us I'd expect us to win it
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2016, 11:07:48 am »
Who cares? Neither have shown themselves to be good enough for Liverpool Football Club.

Sakho not good enough? Behave!   ???   ::)

Attitude issues maybe but he is certainly a talented player and should have been our CB for many years, had this "other stuff" not got in the way.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2016, 11:08:04 am »
Good line up that. The only thing I would change is to have Sturridge in the middle, Origi on the left and Ings on the right. I'm not sure playing Sturridge in a wide position would work too well against Tottenham because of his loss of pace, Spurs' speed down the flanks and most importantly, Sturridge's effectiveness within the box.

Problem is that if Sturridge is that he doesn't tackle, gets dispossessed and gives the ball away. I'm not sure our team functions with a centre forward like that. They might not be as good a finisher as Sturridge but at least with Ings or Origi they give us more of what Firmino gives us.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2016, 11:10:59 am »
A whopper so it is ;D

Self praise again?
#JFT97

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2016, 11:18:41 am »
Seems a little strange that we're going to make so many changes given the strong sides we put out in the last two rounds. I get the need ro rest a few and we have a tricky game at the weekend but I'd like to see one or two first choice players at Cb and CM (in particular)  I think.

But, we are at home, full of confidence and Spurs will be resting plenty too. Confident of a win, just feel we have a great chance here to make the Quarters and with that about a 50% chance of a very winnable looking tie given the draw for the last 16.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2016, 11:18:55 am »
I think, if you change one of our usual CBs for this, you change them both. Let the regular starters keep training together.

I don't see much point in playing Lucas and Klavan as the CB pairing. By my reckoning, that is our sixth choice pairing (after Matip/Lovren, Matip/Klavan, Matip/Lucas, Lovren/Klavan and Lovren/Lucas).

Would prefer we give one of those alternative pairings a run. I'd go with Matip/Klavan personally - they kept a clean sheet against Derby in the last round and their other game together was the 5-1 against Hull. Also think that Alexander-Arnold would benefit from having Matip alongside him, rather than two CBs playing together for the first time.

Of course, all of the above is moot if Klopp wants to rest both Matip and Lovren!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2016, 11:23:56 am »
Sakho not good enough? Behave!   ???   ::)

Attitude issues maybe but he is certainly a talented player and should have been our CB for many years, had this "other stuff" not got in the way.

You honestly think if Klopp was truly convinced that Sakho's talent makes him "our CB for many years" he wouldn't try and overlook this "other stuff"?

You can't build a defence around a lad who's brilliant one match and awful the next when going for titles and trophies.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2016, 11:28:03 am »
-----------------------Mignolet

TAA---------Klavan-------------Sakho--------Moreno

-------------------------Lucas

---------Grujic------------------------Ejaria

Ings------------------Sturridge------------------Origi

As much as I'd like to see Sakho brought back in it's hugely unlikely given he played in the mini-derby and didn't train with the first team like a few others have (TAA, Ings & Ejaria). So I'd push Lucas back along side Klavan and put either Brannagan or Stewart in. If it's Brannagan then it would be more of a three in midfield, it it's Stewart then more of a one-two, with Kevin in the holding role (just like Lucas is above).

That's a lot of changes though....doubt Klopp will do anything like that.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2016, 11:29:27 am »
Seems a little strange that we're going to make so many changes given the strong sides we put out in the last two rounds.

I wonder if we played stronger teams in the previous rounds because Klopp wanted the 'regulars' to get into some rhythm to aid the league games. Now that we are 10-12 games into the season that is less important for the regular players. However, for the players on the periphery of the first 11 it's a good chance to get them game time and keep them sharp, incase they are needed over the next few weeks. Also some players have had the United and West Brom games off the back of an international break with some travelling. There's definitely a couple (Coutinho for example) that may benefit from sitting this one out completely.

I personally don't see the resting or rotation of players as not taking this competition seriously. We'll still put out a competitive team, even if it isn't the strongest available. I think Klopp is thinking more holistically about managing playing time in the squad and keeping 18-20 players involved throughout the season.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2016, 11:51:30 am »
You honestly think if Klopp was truly convinced that Sakho's talent makes him "our CB for many years" he wouldn't try and overlook this "other stuff"?

You can't build a defence around a lad who's brilliant one match and awful the next when going for titles and trophies.

So what your implying is that if Klopp thought Sakho was that good, what has gone on he would ignore and Sakho would be in the squad?

I think you don't know our manager very well.

Regardless of whether Sakho is brilliant or shit, he's not near the squad because the manager says so - its not about his talent.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2016, 11:56:44 am »
Switch Lucas for Can and swap him with Stewart and you are there. Maybe Sahko instead of on one of those.

Lucas in midfield for us just makes me sad these days.... he'll probably play though because we kept him around (for some reason) so we need to get him game time. Hope he plays in defence if he plays
Sakho should be playing but we all know he won't get near the team ...can't say 'he won't play this season' then back track 2 months in.

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2016, 12:03:56 pm »
I'd argue that even if Sakho is not in our plans anymore he needs to play in the cups in order too improve and make it possible to get some fee for him when he leaves.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2016, 12:04:38 pm »
I wonder if we played stronger teams in the previous rounds because Klopp wanted the 'regulars' to get into some rhythm to aid the league games. Now that we are 10-12 games into the season that is less important for the regular players. However, for the players on the periphery of the first 11 it's a good chance to get them game time and keep them sharp, incase they are needed over the next few weeks. Also some players have had the United and West Brom games off the back of an international break with some travelling. There's definitely a couple (Coutinho for example) that may benefit from sitting this one out completely.

I personally don't see the resting or rotation of players as not taking this competition seriously. We'll still put out a competitive team, even if it isn't the strongest available. I think Klopp is thinking more holistically about managing playing time in the squad and keeping 18-20 players involved throughout the season.

I agree with this.

I think tonight will be about getting some of the 'fringe' players up to speed (playing at Anfield, playing against a good side, playing directly under Klopp etc) and seeing if they can perform to the standard, or close to it, needed to cover the likes of Sane going to AFCON and Coutinho and Firmino going to Brazil for internationals.

I am looking forward to seeing the team that we put out, i think both sides will put out good attacking teams and could quite easily see it being a 4-2 or 5-3 type game, plenty of goals.

Someone mentioned about the draw for this round meaning that there will be quite a few 'lesser' teams going into the next round, we could have another great chance of getting to Wembley again.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline underdog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »
Given all the stories from last night i'm expecting a pretty weakened team. Something like this...

Mignolet
TAA     Lucas Klavan Moreno
             Stewart
          Grujic  Ejaria
   Origi     Ings    Sturridge

Looking at that isn't it great our weakened line up includes our top 2 strikers from last season, last year's LB and last year's number 1 keeper.

We've really come a long way.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2016, 12:08:57 pm »
So what your implying is that if Klopp thought Sakho was that good, what has gone on he would ignore and Sakho would be in the squad?

I think you don't know our manager very well.

Regardless of whether Sakho is brilliant or shit, he's not near the squad because the manager says so - its not about his talent.

I'm saying if he was the Luis Suarez of our defence as certain fans have bizarrely made him out to be over the last few years, no manager regardless of their principles would let him rot in the reserves because of some fairly minor albeit recurrent disciplinary issues. They would look to a game like tonight to phase him back into the side and prove their worth.

He was probably in Klopp's plans as 3rd or 4th choice prior to his indiscretions but I certainly don't think Klopp will be as upset as many of our fans still are about how it has turned out because he just isn't that reliable or consistent on the pitch, which is a quality that I think Klopp hugely values in his defenders, let alone off it.

I'm not denying he has talent and it was a shame that the ban came when he was finally starting to realise his potential, but even then, in three of his last four starts for the club (Southampton, Dortmund at home, Tottenham) we looked very shaky at the back - in open play, unlike from set-pieces now - and he made big errors in all of them.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2016, 12:14:49 pm »
I'm saying if he was the Luis Suarez of our defence as certain fans have bizarrely made him out to be over the last few years, no manager regardless of their principles would let him rot in the reserves because of some fairly minor albeit recurrent disciplinary issues. They would look to a game like tonight to phase him back into the side and prove their worth.

He was probably in Klopp's plans as 3rd or 4th choice prior to his indiscretions but I certainly don't think Klopp will be as upset as many of our fans still are about how it has turned out because he just isn't that reliable or consistent on the pitch, which is a quality that I think Klopp hugely values in his defenders, let alone off it.

I'm not denying he has talent and it was a shame that the ban came when he was finally starting to realise his potential, but even then, in three of his last four starts for the club (Southampton, Dortmund at home, Tottenham) we looked very shaky at the back - in open play, unlike from set-pieces now - and he made big errors in all of them.

Entitled to your opinion of course but from what I've seen of Klopp so far, its all about the team, not any one individual.

We could have the best defender in the world.  If the manager believes he is disrupting the team synergy, he'll be dropped or sold.

The top managers make the toughest and top decisions.....for the good of the team.

I think thats the type of manager we now have.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2016, 12:17:59 pm »
I like games like this where a few fringe players get a game. Hope to see Grujic as I have high hopes for him.
Would be very pleased for Danny Ings if he can get a game and or goal, he deserves it.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2016, 12:19:52 pm »
Entitled to your opinion of course but from what I've seen of Klopp so far, its all about the team, not any one individual.

We could have the best defender in the world.  If the manager believes he is disrupting the team synergy, he'll be dropped or sold.

The top managers make the toughest and top decisions.....for the good of the team.

I think thats the type of manager we now have.

Yes, I agree, hence why I wish people would just move on from Sakho and stand by the manager. Equally, though, despite his unprofessionalism, I don't think Sakho has done anything that would be considered irredeemable like Perisic directly calling Klopp out for "having favourites" on national television.

I just don't think Sakho has got the talent or consistency in Klopp's eyes to make him worth persevering with, and if anything it may have made it easier for him to phase out a cult hero who has shown a previous inability to deal with not playing every week.

And, as I expected, he is being proven right by how our defence is performing. It's not rocket science that if you minimise mistakes, you minimise opposition chances. Sakho, for all his natural talent, was never great at doing that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:33:49 pm by bcurtis92 »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2016, 12:21:33 pm »
Would love to see a diamond with Sturridge & Origi upfront , Gini as no.10 and midfield trio of Can, Ejaria and Grujic.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2016, 12:22:42 pm »
Would love to see a diamond with Sturridge & Origi upfront , Gini as no.10 and midfield trio of Can, Ejaria and Grujic.
But he's said Ings is playing hasn't he?

I think he'll go with Sturridge, Origi and Ings from the off.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2016, 12:23:54 pm »
Sissoko out is big news, why they dumped Chadli and got him i'll never know. Son has been great tho, a good player. thiis'll be tight. looking forward to a great game, Spurs are in their stride but im confident we can handle them. just dont start Lucas as a CB, against lower level opponents fine, but he's rusty.

Chadli didn't quite fit their style of play. One of them who seems to score plenty, but couldn't quite play how they wanted him to. good player though, too good for WBA.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2016, 12:27:32 pm »
But he's said Ings is playing hasn't he?

I think he'll go with Sturridge, Origi and Ings from the off.

Said he would feature Didnt say he would start

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2016, 12:28:52 pm »
I'd argue that even if Sakho is not in our plans anymore he needs to play in the cups in order too improve and make it possible to get some fee for him when he leaves.

Probably just let him leave like the last player we bombed out, Balotelli.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2016, 12:39:00 pm »

Yeah this would be cool. He probably won't change the shape but Origi and Sturridge up front as a 2 has looked so good when we've watched it before

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2016, 12:47:20 pm »

Yeah I do agree and I'm willing to concede that Jurgen may have a better idea than me who needs a rest and who can play!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2016, 12:50:26 pm »
Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria and Grujic are all set to start against Spurs tonight. [Paul Joyce]
bollocks

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »

Given the type of football we've played this season why would you want a change in shape?

Personally i'd much rather stick to our shape/identity and make the players fit in that than change our shape to fit the players.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2016, 12:55:42 pm »
Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria and Grujic are all set to start against Spurs tonight. [Paul Joyce]
Surprising, given the strength of the teams against lesser opposition. Really excited to see AA though.
AHA!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2016, 01:00:06 pm »
I know it will probably won't work but I'd like to see an Ings-Origi-Sturridge triplet up front.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2016, 01:02:43 pm »
Given the type of football we've played this season why would you want a change in shape?

Personally i'd much rather stick to our shape/identity and make the players fit in that than change our shape to fit the players.
We shouldn`t be that rigid to never change formations and find the appropriate tactical frames for whatever group of players we have available. You still get a midfield 3 , it`s just the 3 upfront in a slightly different shape.

We`ve seen Sturridge and Origi in two games at Soton where we played lights out and the reason why I think this might work really well is that 442 diamond is great for open games and Spurs will obviously come here to compete rather than park the bus or anything.

It suits both Sturridge and Origi and be in two up top rather than either of them going wide in a front 3 plus Gini was killing it for Newcastle as no.10.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2016, 01:20:05 pm »
We shouldn`t be that rigid to never change formations and find the appropriate tactical frames for whatever group of players we have available. You still get a midfield 3 , it`s just the 3 upfront in a slightly different shape.

Thing is, i think you should. You should have an identity running through the whole that's not just style but shape(without the ball). We press in a certain way, we defend(from front to back) a certain way, we move collectively in a certain way to stay compact, we have certain patterns of attacking movements. By changing the players starting positions you effect all these things for very little benefit. We play 4141/433. It's how we practice, it's how we play. And we're very confident playing the way. Why ask the players to learn something new in probably just 2 training sessions since the last game?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2016, 01:24:17 pm »
Want to see some of our squad players get a run out in this but at the same time I want us to maintain our unbeaten run. We're due a trophy and this provides an excellent opportunity to grab one so I want to see a committed performance from the boys and some real quality. Love beating Spurs as well so that would be the cherry on top.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2016, 01:33:13 pm »
Yeah I do agree and I'm willing to concede that Jurgen may have a better idea than me who needs a rest and who can play!
Very big of you Nick ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :lickin :wave

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2016, 01:41:25 pm »
Can't stand these. Confident regardless of the team we put out. Definitely want to see Ings and Grujic. Smash the twats please.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2016, 02:08:39 pm »

it seems like every hour another of our player is leaked to be starting. We really need to expose the mole!

So thats AA, Ejaria, Grujic, Ings and Ming all starting. Love to see Stewart and Lucas too. If only Ojo wasn't cuptied ;D

AA will probably start at right back. if Ejaria and Grujic plays, it leaves only 1 spot for the midfield. I hope to see Lucas or Stewart as the No 6. Looks functional but just lacking a bit of creativity and guile that Lallana brings.

We`ve seen Sturridge and Origi in two games at Soton where we played lights out and the reason why I think this might work really well is that 442 diamond is great for open games and Spurs will obviously come here to compete rather than park the bus or anything.

It suits both Sturridge and Origi and be in two up top rather than either of them going wide in a front 3 plus Gini was killing it for Newcastle as no.10.

a lot of talk as gini starting as no 10. That means your starting 3 up front with Gini, Studge and Origi? With ings on the bench?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2016, 02:17:00 pm »
It's on Sky. And it's live!
AHA!