Author Topic: Liverpool v Spurs - League Cup 4th Round.  (Read 27633 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Liverpool v Spurs - League Cup 4th Round.
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2016, 09:40:12 pm »
Mignolet
Clyne Matip Klavan Moreno
Grujic Can Wijnaldum
Sturridge Origi Ings

Karius, Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane

I hope Lucas gets a game! I wouldn't be surprised if it's him and Klavan in central defence.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2016, 09:56:15 pm »
I hope Lucas gets a game! I wouldn't be surprised if it's him and Klavan in central defence.

Of course. Forgot about him

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2016, 10:26:40 pm »
Taking my little girl (7) to her first competitive game tomorrow. Got her a shirt and scarf - she's absolutely buzzing and apparently hasn't shut up at school today about going. :D Really hope the lads can get a result for her/us. I always remember my first game at Anfield (Fowler 3-0 v Arsenal) and there's literally no better feeling than winning at your first game. I remember seeing the KOP for the first time and being completely mesmerised by it, seeing the passion from everyone around me when we scored, I was hooked for life. It'd be great if hers is a special performance too and we get the win.

Come on lads, don't let me down!  :scarf

Hope you guys have a good time!  :scarf

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2016, 10:37:23 pm »
Taking my little girl (7) to her first competitive game tomorrow. Got her a shirt and scarf - she's absolutely buzzing and apparently hasn't shut up at school today about going. :D Really hope the lads can get a result for her/us. I always remember my first game at Anfield (Fowler 3-0 v Arsenal) and there's literally no better feeling than winning at your first game. I remember seeing the KOP for the first time and being completely mesmerised by it, seeing the passion from everyone around me when we scored, I was hooked for life. It'd be great if hers is a special performance too and we get the win.

The pitch is a different, brighter shade of green under the lights. It can be a bit disorientating as she won't have seen anything like it before. Hope it's an exciting game with a win to us of course.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2016, 10:39:32 pm »
           Mignolet
 Trent AA - Klavan - Stewart - Moreno
        Grujic - Can -Ejaria
         Origi - Sturridge - Ings

Subs: no one over 22

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »
Sturridge - Origi - Ings as a front 3 might sound great but when you think about it there's no playmaker in there so I doubt it would be particularly fluid... especially without Lallana or Coutinho in midfield

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2016, 11:13:39 pm »
----------------Mignolet-----------
Clyne----Lovren-------Klavan--Moreno
-------------------Lucas----------------
------------can----------Gini-------
-------------------Lallana
----------Sturridge------Origi--------

Clyne needs a rest,by the way.Maybe alexander-arnold or milner to come on for him at some point?

Are spurs really going to field a weak side?
The change is cast

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2016, 11:28:51 pm »
Probably a fairly strong team with the likes of Mig, Klavan, Origi, Sturridge, Ings, Moreno, Lucas likely to start would be the assumption?
Would love to see one or 2 of the youngsters play too though. Maybe off the bench depending on how the match is going?

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2016, 11:30:39 pm »
 Think we will go two upfront like we did when we beat Southampton 1-6 with maybe Ings/Gini  as a 10

Mignolet
AA Lucas Klavan Moreno
      Grujic - Stewart  -Can
                Gini
        Origi - Sturridge

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2016, 11:35:06 pm »

Nice, hope it's a great one for her  ;).

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2016, 11:35:42 pm »
Think we will go two upfront like we did when we beat Southampton 1-6 with maybe Ings/Gini  as a 10

Mignolet
AA Lucas Klavan Moreno
      Grujic - Stewart  -Can
                Gini
        Origi - Sturridge

Wasn't Ejaria left out of the last U-23 game? Could be him in midfield in place of Can, though that would be a very young group. It'd be good to see a young attacker get a game but with Ojo injured, Kent on loan and Wilson/Woodburn having already played against Everton I'm not sure who else there is.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2016, 12:06:11 am »
Does rotating the squad even weaken it that much?

The team that started vs West Brom:

Karius
Clyne    Matip      Lovren     Milner
                 Henderson
            Lallana       Can
  Mané                          Coutinho
                  Firmino

8 changes...

Karius > Mignolet
Clyne > Trent AA
Lovren/Matip > Klavan
Milner > Moreno
Henderson (susp.) > Lucas
Lallana > Wijnaldum
Can > Grujic
Firmino > Sturridge

... and still a very strong team:

Mignolet
 Trent AA   Lovren    Klavan    Moreno
                        Lucas
                Grujic   Wijnaldum
      Mané                         Coutinho
                    Sturridge

Perhaps a little bit light at the back, but probably stronger than whatever Spurs could rotate to.

I don't think Grujic will start though; more likely that Lallana or Can do. Ditto for Trent AA; but 6-7 changes is easily doable.
I would do this, but also swap out the other CB for Sakho, Mané for Origi and Coutinho for Ings.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2016, 12:23:15 am »
I would do this, but also swap out the other CB for Sakho, Mané for Origi and Coutinho for Ings.

Completely forgot he was still around. Will Klopp ever forgive him ? ;D :o
The change is cast

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2016, 12:30:52 am »
I think he may be dead... Don't cross the Klopp...
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2016, 12:36:21 am »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2016, 12:42:47 am »
I hope Grujic, Origi, Stewart and Alexander-Arnold start. Sturridge could do with a start and a goal but in all honesty it won't matter because he's unlikely to start a game unless of injuries. I suppose Ings might get some game time as well. I think it'll be a competitive affair with a few goals, especially so if Spurs make changes too. I think we'll edge it 3-2.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2016, 01:04:27 am »
2nd Sep 2013 - Sakho and Illori join Liverpool: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23926042

Really thought they would be the future of our central defence for years to come! Now they can't even get a league cup game. Sad but there you go.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2016, 01:17:11 am »
I hope we go strong.

I really want us to win this trophy after last year's loss.

Would set us up nicely for the rest of the season confidence wise.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2016, 02:51:45 am »
He pretty much ended it all himself after giving a statement of some kind on his own Facebook or whatever, claiming that the powers that be were conspiring to keep him out of the team by alleging tjat he is injured or recovering, when in actual fact he feels fine. He had already been in trouble before that so that was the end of it, I think.

The interesting thing is that we all forget about his existence. It just shows how well we are defending outside of set pieces, regardless of whether he is being treated fairly or unfairly.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2016, 02:54:04 am »
Sissoko out is big news, why they dumped Chadli and got him i'll never know. Son has been great tho, a good player. thiis'll be tight. looking forward to a great game, Spurs are in their stride but im confident we can handle them. just dont start Lucas as a CB, against lower level opponents fine, but he's rusty.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2016, 05:19:24 am »
I think Spurs will play pretty much a second string. They have some very big games coming up and this competition isn't high on their list of priorities.

For us, I'm curious to see how Ings gets on because he's patiently waited for his chance this season. Also, looking forward to seeing Ejaria and Grujic.
YWNA

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2016, 06:29:08 am »
I think we will see something like this.

-------------------------------------Mignolet--------------------------------------

--AA-----------matip-----------------------Lovren-----------Milner------------

------------------------------------Can--------------------------------------------

-----------Grujic---------------------------Wijnaldum---------------------------

----Firmino------------------------------------------------Ings------------------

----------------------------------Origi---------------------------------------------

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2016, 07:23:46 am »
Clyne and Milner rested, Sturridge given an opportunity to show a teency bit of form and as many exciting youngsters as possible - please.

At the very least I hope Clyne is given a rest. If he picks up an injury, any aspirations of a title race go bye bye. No one's winning a title without a left OR a right back.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2016, 07:38:45 am »
Hope we don't make massive amounts of changes considering were not in Europe.

Although I don't think we will. Kloppo looks to be taking this competition serious so far.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2016, 07:45:56 am »
Very much doubt we'll see more than 3 players starting this game that started the game on Saturday, Can and the central defence perhaps, but even in defence, I'd be surprised not to see Klavan starting. Wino to start? Would like to see a bit of Grujic and Ejaria too. No Clyne please.

Spurs will be much changed too... Leicester at home next weekend, then Champions League games to play sandwiched in between 3 London derbies in November, incl visits to Arsenal and Chelsea.

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2016, 07:48:47 am »
Clyne and Milner rested, Sturridge given an opportunity to show a teency bit of form and as many exciting youngsters as possible - please.

At the very least I hope Clyne is given a rest. If he picks up an injury, any aspirations of a title race go bye bye. No one's winning a title without a left OR a right back.

Milner's doing just fine at LB, so much better than any of us ever imagined!  Definitely rest both Clyne and Milner though, along with a number of others.  Our key running players should all rest (Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and the FBs).  Looking forward to a differnt line-up but similar style of play and a win against the Spurs ressies.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2016, 07:54:04 am »
incl visits to Arsenal and Chelsea.

Feels boss knowing we've already boxed these visits off with wins. ;D
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2016, 08:32:31 am »
At minimum I'd like to see three from Saturday keep their place - probably Matip, Can and Mane. Then start Migs, Klavan, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Sturridge, Origi all of whom I'd consider members of the core first 18 (with Gini part of our best XI). That leaves space for just two of the U23's to start - I'd go TAA and then probably Grujic, although it wouldn't surprise me if Stewart got a start too.

Which would leave Ings on the bench. Would be disappointing for him, but I think Sturridge and Origi should both start and doubt we'll play with three strikers. Sub him for Sturridge on 60 mins.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2016, 08:41:00 am »
I would like to see Ings play tonight. Since injury I dont think he has been given a proper game. I really rate Ings.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2016, 08:50:04 am »
Reading his comments from yesterday sakho is done as a Liverpool player imho. There was an article doing the rounds a while ago making comparisons with why paris sg got rid, and they were similar situations. Good, not great, player but seems his attitude is way off where klopp wants it to be.
Such a waste. He could have been a cult figure amongst fans.
I would like to see Ings play tonight. Since injury I dont think he has been given a proper game. I really rate Ings.
Me too mate. Really hope he starts.

Offline Roarin-red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:44 am »
And wanker of the year award goes to.... Charlie Nicholas!!! I don't know were the hatred for us stems from or he's just a complete fool as pundit (probably both) but listen to this snippet:

"Spurs are well drilled and Liverpool can be frustrated, as we've seen in recent games, failing to break down Manchester United then falling over the line at the weekend against West Brom after we got very excited about them"

We battered them even after they scored and looked like the only team likely to score after their goal......hardly falling over the line!!

I've been noticing his little digs at us for a while, he's a clueless troll. Ps I'm aware he went for us to win but I never hear him give to genuine compliments our way.

I firmly believe we'll run out 3-4 nil winners tonight for whats it worth :)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2016, 09:33:02 am »
"Spurs are well drilled and Liverpool can be frustrated, as we've seen in recent games, failing to break down Manchester United then falling over the line at the weekend against West Brom after we got very excited about them"

People got excited about us as we had good rhythm, then the fuckin international break came and two of our players were out injured...nothing to do with us disappointing, more to do with thickos like Nicholas not managing to read a situation. All these sports pundits have goldfish memories, like they've never noticed that after two weeks off for an international break, it might take a team some time to rebuild a rhythm.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2016, 09:35:13 am »
I've the feeling we'll see Grujic show us a bit of his potential tonight. He's gonna be a beast.

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2016, 09:38:22 am »
Mignolet
Arnold Klavan Sakho Moreno
Gruijic Lucas Can
Ojo Origi Ings

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:22 am »
Given all the stories from last night i'm expecting a pretty weakened team. Something like this...

Mignolet
TAA     Lucas Klavan Moreno
             Stewart
          Grujic  Ejaria
   Origi     Ings    Sturridge
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2016, 09:51:08 am »
I think the following will start Mignolet Arnold  Moreno  Lucas Can Origi Ings sturidge and then made up from Saturday team. with Ejaria ,stewart and Gujic on the bench with others from the weekend.
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2016, 10:03:18 am »
Given all the stories from last night i'm expecting a pretty weakened team. Something like this...

Mignolet
TAA     Lucas Klavan Moreno
             Stewart
          Grujic  Ejaria
   Origi     Ings    Sturridge

Good line up that. The only thing I would change is to have Sturridge in the middle, Origi on the left and Ings on the right. I'm not sure playing Sturridge in a wide position would work too well against Tottenham because of his loss of pace, Spurs' speed down the flanks and most importantly, Sturridge's effectiveness within the box.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2016, 10:07:44 am »
Sissoko out is big news, why they dumped Chadli and got him i'll never know. Son has been great tho, a good player. thiis'll be tight. looking forward to a great game, Spurs are in their stride but im confident we can handle them. just dont start Lucas as a CB, against lower level opponents fine, but he's rusty.

I have a feeling Son won't start upfront, if he does start at all. They'll probably give game time to Janssen.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:09:50 am by mc_red22 »

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2016, 10:08:50 am »
I think, if you change one of our usual CBs for this, you change them both. Let the regular starters keep training together. 

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2016, 10:17:08 am »
Seems like the whole XI is being rested. Not sure if I trust the defence. Time for the others to prove their worth and stake a claim though.