Author Topic: Liverpool vs West Bromwich Albion Match Preview  (Read 26866 times)

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
Re: Liverpool vs West Bromwich Albion Match Preview
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2016, 01:24:00 pm »
Same 11 as Hull/Swansea for this one. Keep Emre in if Wijnaldum isn't fit enough to start.

Origi has looked promising in his last few cameos, it wouldn't hurt to bring him on if we need a goal or to see off the game.

Keep Karius between the sticks.

Offline G-Dragon

• Kemlynite
  • OH, so you wanna argue? BRING IT. Capslock ON!
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2016, 01:26:29 pm »
We will twat em guys. 4-0 or 5-0 easily. Very confident about this. Results go right and we could be TOP OF THE LEAGUE! Remember we will TWAT EM!

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »
We will twat em guys. 4-0 or 5-0 easily. Very confident about this. Results go right and we could be TOP OF THE LEAGUE! Remember we will TWAT EM!
Really hate posts like this.. Tongue in cheek or not, people never learn.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2016, 01:41:38 pm »
We've drawn 9 out of 14 games against Pulis' teams, and only won 2.

Haven't beat him in the league since 2011! We'll win this one though, early goal is key.

Fuck me, Pulis is literally your fucking da', we need to sort this record out ASAP the absolute chancer
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2016, 01:42:23 pm »
A must win game after the draw! Lallana needs to start

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2016, 01:47:52 pm »
Have a ticket for this, yeah!
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Eleven

• Voted for Trump. Not keen on LGBT rights.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2016, 01:59:45 pm »
Hate playing Pulis teams never an easy game against them, it could be a frustrating first hour of the game as they will look to kill as much time as possible and patience is the key for us.

I do think they will start to tire after the 60th minute mark and that will allow us to open them up for the crucial goal.

If I was to predict a scoreline for this game, I'll go with a 2-0 win and Frimino to score both of our goals.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2016, 02:00:28 pm »
Really hate posts like this.. Tongue in cheek or not, people never learn.

I hate posts like yours. We'll twat some teams and wont twat some others, get over it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2016, 02:11:11 pm »
Have a ticket for this, yeah!

Look to a game of Manchester United dullness mate.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2016, 02:12:50 pm »
Hopefully a comfortable 3-0, but more likely a very nervy 1-1/1-0. If everyone is fit it'll be interesting to see if Wijnaldum and Lallana come in and if so who for. Reckon Can will keep his place of Wijnaldum simply for extra height on set pieces and Lallana for Sturridge.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2016, 02:33:41 pm »
A good win here; with little bonuses thrown in (Karius coming up trumps) and the United result will look a good 'in in context

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2016, 02:39:07 pm »
Last time I slagged off the baggies in a pre match thread, they beat us.
So I'll just say that Lenny Henry is one of the the finest comedians of his generation and hope that the best team wins.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2016, 02:44:36 pm »
Pulis is very likely going to park the bus, hit us on the counter and take advantage of set pieces and freekicks, our achilles heel.

Going to be a test for us

Offline ahearnrm

• Kemlynite
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2016, 02:56:39 pm »
Lallana in for Sturridge.

I feel way more guttered when we drop points to Pulis compared to other managers. Hopefully does not happen this Saturday

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »
Patience. Decision making. Not forcing it.
These are things that we've heard a fair bit from Klopp this season especially after facing defensive teams.
For years now we've had this obsession with the first 20 minutes and if we don't score, we almost tell ourselves that it's going to be one of those days.

I hate to hark back, but when we were winning the league most years, I remember loads of times when we would be drawing at half time, sometimes even losing, but the final score we'd win 2-0 or 3-1. It was like the team and fans knew it would happen, it was just a matter of time and I think this mentality is what Klopp is after.

It wasn't just us either, the amount of time the Mancs would be 0-0 at half time, first goal around 60-70 mins, and they run out winning by 2 or 3. Even Arsenal, flat track bullies that they are often look like getting held, especially at home, until the pressure tells and the inevitable happens.

I'd love a win, any win on Saturday, but if I'm being greedy I'd be made up with one of those old school home wins. I'd love us to play well, keep believing and then get a couple without giving them a sniff. I just hope that players and fans are patient enough and have enough belief to make it happen.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2016, 03:29:53 pm »
It's definitely a tough fixture, the champagne version of Pulis showed him how to set up against us on Monday, as if he didn't know already.
The difference being this time is they have less quality to hurt us with on the counter, so we can really hit them with everything we've got early on and hopefully that will be enough to get the breakthrough.

Offline JohnRolo1989

• Boys Pen
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2016, 03:37:58 pm »
I think we need to start quick in game and have West Brom on the back foot as soon as possible.

Rondon is their main threat in attack so if we can stop the long ball up to him and the likes of Brunt and co working of him should be an easy 3 points

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2016, 03:45:09 pm »
so we can really hit them with everything we've got early on and hopefully that will be enough to get the breakthrough.
I think we need to start quick in game and have West Brom on the back foot as soon as possible.

See, this is what I mean about the obsession with the 1st 20. In an ideal world it would be great to blitz them early on, get a couple of goals and take it from there, but footy doesn't always work like that.
For me when we don't get the early breakthrough, it's about staying patient.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2016, 03:55:21 pm »
nice preview,thanks..
gonna be a tough one this..positive we can beat them..
bollocks

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2016, 04:02:10 pm »
Two park the bus mid table teams in a row. I hope we learned summat off the first. Expecting more of a challenge from these at set pieces at least. Come on Redmen!
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2016, 04:02:15 pm »
this game.....will be a tougher test than the one we had against man u.

There i said it ;D

While last week, we had a mid table team that is still trying to find its feet, this team already knows what they are about. With pulis, they take no prisoners. They going to come at us hard and try to disrupt our rhythm. And my biggest fear is that they are well drilled at doing that rather than the mid table team we faced last week.

I really do hope we hit them early to settle the nerves. The longer we go goalless the more the nerves and the crowd is going to be a bit more edgy. Won't help the team on the pitch at all.

Really hope Gini and Lallana are fit as we really miss both in the last game. And its going to be a big test for Matip as well facing Pulis thugs.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2016, 04:03:22 pm »
Must win, simple.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2016, 04:26:57 pm »
West Brom have had 4 away matches this season, a 1-0 win to Palace, a 1-0 loss to Bournemouth, and two 1-1 draws with Sunderland & Stoke.

Not the most difficult opposition, but they are tough to score against.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2016, 04:29:00 pm »
Pulis is very likely going to park the bus, hit us on the counter and take advantage of set pieces and freekicks, our achilles heel.

Going to be a test for us

Didn't we play Pulis' team on Monday night...................  ???
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »
Last time I slagged off the baggies in a pre match thread, they beat us.
So I'll just say that Lenny Henry is one of the the finest comedians of his generation and hope that the best team wins.

Not forgetting the ceaseless hilarity of the "boing boing" chants, and the enduring national treasure that is Adrian Giles.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2016, 05:02:24 pm »
West Brom have had 4 away matches this season, a 1-0 win to Palace, a 1-0 loss to Bournemouth, and two 1-1 draws with Sunderland & Stoke.

Not the most difficult opposition, but they are tough to score against.

Not exactly the most free scoring teams in the league though that they've faced away from home. Obviously they'll put 11 men behind the ball anyway but Stoke & Sunderland are shit and Palace seem fairly one-dimensional at times.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2016, 05:22:25 pm »
Lallana to start and Sturridge on bench imo

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »
Looks like they opened registrations again.
Seen us win everything

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2016, 06:15:17 pm »
Hope we have Lallana fully fit and Wijnaldum fit enough for the bench. As mentioned earlier in the thread, patience will be key to scoring against this lot. That being said I really wouldn't mind to see how they handle a blitz in the first 20 minutes of the match.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2016, 06:29:10 pm »
Karius, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

As much as it pains me to see Sturridge left out I think as things stand this is our best team when everyone is fit and should start against Brom

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »
Karius, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

As much as it pains me to see Sturridge left out I think as things stand this is our best team when everyone is fit and should start against Brom

It would pain me a heck of a lot more not to have our best team out there :D

So long as Lallana and Gini are fit, they both go back in I suspect.

Good to see Milner is ok as well.

Full squad more or less to pick from this weekend.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2016, 07:15:12 pm »
So the United game was a disappointment, but as a lot were saying in the build up, whatever happened in that game we are still set well. The point wasn't terrible and now we have a run of games that are extremely winnable and will help define exactly what it is we can hope to achieve this season. We should, should, go out and put these to the sword and if we do then the good feeling comes back immediately.

My only concern is that we haven't really played well in either of the last two games, second half at Swansea was better than the first but that isn't high praise and then of course we struggled against United and Mourinho's bus. Four points out of six when not playing well isn't half bad though if we can promptly kick back on and get another 3 on the board.

Offline JohnRolo1989

• Boys Pen
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2016, 07:40:50 pm »
See, this is what I mean about the obsession with the 1st 20. In an ideal world it would be great to blitz them early on, get a couple of goals and take it from there, but footy doesn't always work like that.
For me when we don't get the early breakthrough, it's about staying patient.

I understand your point of the obsession to blitz a team in the first 20 mins but in football this is when I team is at its most vulnerable you don't want a team like West Brom to settle in the game and gain there shape if they do this once again we will see a drab 0-0 once again.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:13:38 pm by JohnRolo1989 »

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2016, 07:55:34 pm »
I understand your point of the obsession to blitz a team in the first 20 mins but in football this is when I team is at its most venerable you don't want a team like West Brom to settle in the game and gain there shape if they do this once again we will see a drab 0-0 once again.
I like to think we show respect to our opponents throughout the match.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline JohnRolo1989

• Boys Pen
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »
I like to think we show respect to our opponents throughout the match.

Showing an opposition respect is not going to win titles you need to be ruthless from the first minute to the last minute.

I'm not saying that the blitz is always the best policy here btw I think one thing that we know about Tony Pulis is that you don't what his teams settling in and getting shape.... other times it may be right to be more cautious and find the right approach.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2016, 08:07:54 pm »
I understand your point of the obsession to blitz a team in the first 20 mins but in football this is when I team is at its most venerable you don't want a team like West Brom to settle in the game and gain there shape if they do this once again we will see a drab 0-0 once again.

100% this.

The Hull win happened exactly this way. They are dangerous on set pieces and corners. But before they even had a chance to settle and even get a set piece we were a few goals up. Later when they actually a set piece they're most dangerous set piece taker put in a wicked corner and they scored. But it didn't matter because we had already blitzed them.

West Brom's highest possession this season was 44%. Against Sunderland. They had 29% against Spurs last week. We are going to have a lot of the ball. There is no point in showing them any respect. Like we didn't against Hull. Just completely dominate the game from the off and try and overpower them.

I think the lead up to the United game did us no favours, especially with the hype. I think we'll see a much better performance on Saturday because the hype surrounding the United game is done, and the anxiety that built up over the international break is over.
YWNA

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2016, 08:09:59 pm »
No John...

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline JohnRolo1989

• Boys Pen
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2016, 08:37:53 pm »
Thanks for that OP Hazell.

I originally didn't know whether to stick or twist with this one,some fuckers really are gonna get a pasting soon & i'm sticking my neck out and saying West Brom are gonna get twatted saturday by a 4 goal margin..4-0 5-1 or 6-2 take your pick.
Hopefully Gio is fit enough to start,I suspect Can will continue & think Bob will start up front too.

Karius
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
                Hendo
          Can         Lallana
Mané                           Phil
                  Bob   

Its all about the 3pts & it would be right not to start Studge.
Fucking have these fuckers!

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2016, 01:10:02 am »

Karius
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
                Hendo
          Can         Lallana
Mané                           Phil
                  Bob   

If Wijnaldum is fit to start then he's in for Can.  Otherwise that's our best 11 at the moment.