Author Topic: Liverpool vs West Bromwich Albion Match Preview  (Read 26865 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs West Bromwich Albion Match Preview
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2016, 09:03:35 pm »
Personal insults is it? Are you telling me you like the way the board run the club?

This is the Pre Match thread to discuss the upcoming match, if you want to discuss how the club is run do it in one of the many threads already duscussing it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2016, 09:13:04 pm »
This is when we need to show our true mettle and this is how JK needs to earn his money. Although he hasn't been helped by lack of backing from the board our woes against least teams if anything have got worse under JK, against Burnley we looked pitful and for the second time in a year needed a pen to save us against Swansea.

We are the ultimate underdog team these days. Apart from Old Trafford our record at every big ground has been immaculate dating back to Kenny's return despite on the whole us being inferior to those teams, so why do we finish 7th on average? Because of games like this, teams sit back, we just don't have the invention to break them down. They counter with pace on the break and we can't cope. They get physical on set pieces and we fall to little bits. It's a problem deepe rooted into the club and that's because we have "cup players" and the main problem is the board for the lack of backing to our managers, selling to buy and getting projects that might turn good.

If we shown some ambition in the market Sterling and maybe even Suarez will still be here. Our top four hopes are solely reliant on Klopp being the genius a lot think he is because our team are average. Yes I know we have won at Arsenal and Chelsea, but we did in Kennys only full season and we finished 8th.

You must think we're all stupid to fall for this. You won;t survive more than a day.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »
Go back from whence you came, tell them you failed, miserably.

Bellion as in David.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 09:17:45 pm »
Haha...ok if I start it off this time, it's become a bit of a ritual in recent times!

'Oh I do like to be beside the sea side'......
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 09:31:14 pm »
Wait.. did we not just play Bromwich to a stalemate?

Great OP!
Now bring on the thrashing :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2016, 10:00:01 pm »
This is when we need to show our true mettle and this is how JK needs to earn his money. Although he hasn't been helped by lack of backing from the board our woes against least teams if anything have got worse under JK, against Burnley we looked pitful and for the second time in a year needed a pen to save us against Swansea.

We are the ultimate underdog team these days. Apart from Old Trafford our record at every big ground has been immaculate dating back to Kenny's return despite on the whole us being inferior to those teams, so why do we finish 7th on average? Because of games like this, teams sit back, we just don't have the invention to break them down. They counter with pace on the break and we can't cope. They get physical on set pieces and we fall to little bits. It's a problem deepe rooted into the club and that's because we have "cup players" and the main problem is the board for the lack of backing to our managers, selling to buy and getting projects that might turn good.

If we shown some ambition in the market Sterling and maybe even Suarez will still be here. Our top four hopes are solely reliant on Klopp being the genius a lot think he is because our team are average. Yes I know we have won at Arsenal and Chelsea, but we did in Kennys only full season and we finished 8th.

#fail

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2016, 11:52:57 pm »
Exactly how I want to spend my birthday, watching us trying to deal with Pulis and his shithouse antics.

Let's twat these redmen, 3-1

That's how i'll be spending mine!  ;)

Let's wish they get us the right result

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 12:00:40 am »

What a clown.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 12:22:58 am »

What a sad life you must lead to spend your days pretending to support another football team on the internet. Seriously, take a look at yourself mate.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 12:40:14 am »

Lol
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2016, 01:02:12 am »
Very average for the standard set by this club.

Who in this squad would get into Rafa or Houlliers best team's? Let alone the 70s/80s side? Clyne at a massive push but bar that? That's the standard we should be aiming for and we fall well short and thats down to the lack of ambition by the board in the market.

And whats this David Bellion hogwash?

One thing is for sure, our "average team" will be finishing ahead of your galacticos this season. Europa League football again for the Manchester Globetrotters next season.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 01:17:22 am »
One thing is for sure, our "average team" will be finishing ahead of your galacticos this season. Europa League football again for the Manchester Globetrotters next season.
What about his second team?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 01:35:57 am »
As Klopp said i think patience will prevail again against these lot. Monday was a cold war job not brought on by us i must add. so i think Mane will use his head and pull wide a few more times, Bobby will just dazzle them with his movement, Hendo will read everything they do and Adam will just buzz around them just like he does

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 02:13:49 am »
These are like the proverbial turd that's difficult to flush.

Hopefully we can get off to a rollicking start and make them chase the game.

Gini and Lallana back in will be a bonus.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 03:26:32 am »
Two games against Pulis in a week  :butt

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2016, 03:46:43 am »
Biggest test than against United for different reasons

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 07:34:36 am »
Their players aren't as good but if pulis can do anything it's drill a defence. They tend to have low goals against and though we could thump them we shouldn't get downhearted if it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go.

Like all good, kind reds, I despise fergie, but one of the stats I remember from his noughties side was a comparison of the number of passes in the last 15 minutes of the first half and the last 15 minutes of the game. They were always identical. The team was not allowed to give up or change what they did based on the score at the time. Fergie sold his soul to the devil but that did impress me. Klopp wants some of that intelligence and determination from the players and you can see it developing in the squad. We just need to develop it in the supporters and we'll be laughing.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 07:39:00 am »
Ideally you want an early goal. Pulis teams get more confident the longer is stays level and they know they have the ability to nick a goal the longer it goes.

Hopefully gini and Lallana return.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 09:26:36 am »
Haha...ok if I start it off this time, it's become a bit of a ritual in recent times!

'Oh I do like to be beside the sea side'......
'Oh, I do like to be beside the sea...'
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 10:00:01 am »
Nice OP. I hate playing a Pulis side, they're always so painful to watch. They'll be taking a page out if United's book and defending low and in numbers. I'd like to see Origi given a go, at least we'd have the option of a long pass over the top then. Hopefully Lallana is fit and can replace Can, other than that the team picks itself.

This next run of games is vital, if we can get around 12 points from the 5, I think we will find ourselves around the top 3 in December
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:22:54 am by Persephone »
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 10:31:56 am »
Good feeling about this one. 3-0 win for the red men is my prediction.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 10:32:58 am »
Another bunch of bus parking wankers. Should be fun  ::)

Let's hope we score early on and they have to come out and open up a bit. They'll be playing for throw ins and corner kicks all game

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 10:54:03 am »
Generally dread games like this due to our struggles against low block sides but I have an unusually alright feeling about this one. I think their decent enough start strangely helps in that they won't be quite as desperate for the points as I might have expected they'd be when looking at this fixture a couple of months ago.

That said, it's Pulis. Games against Pulis sides are rarely easy. The biggest concern is obviously set pieces, where they are lethal, and the goalkeeper. It's going to be a real test for him.

They're also more threatening on the counter at present than they have been; Matip and Lovren will need to try and nick the ball from Rondon quickly (easier said than done as he is a serious unit) otherwise the likes of McClean, Phillips and Chadli joining the play from deep will all pose a threat in behind. But the United game was a great sign that we are getting much better at this.

Now we need to get better at the other end and I think we will be, especially if Lallana and Wijnaldum are ready to start.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 11:29:06 am »
We've drawn 9 out of 14 games against Pulis' teams, and only won 2.

Haven't beat him in the league since 2011! We'll win this one though, early goal is key.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:42:08 am by Caston »

Offline Roarin-red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 11:52:53 am »
Serious test for us. Really want a win against a tricky Pulis side. I’m confident with Klopp at the helm. Especially with Lallana and maybe Gini back in. Even Can (with a game under his belt) should have more sharpness should he start. It’s truly these types of games we need to be winning…..and that aint easy.

Offline Roarin-red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 11:54:46 am »
We've drawn 9 out of 14 games against Pulis' teams, and only won 2.

Haven't beat him in the league since 2011! We'll win this one though, early goal is key.

Now I'm nervous  :butt

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2016, 12:09:17 pm »
2-1 for me, early goal, we'll concede just before half-time, all guns blazing 2nd half, goal within 10 minutes and then control the game
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2016, 12:09:31 pm »
With it being at home, I'm more confident of a win. At the Hawthorns, I'd expect a shite result.

Don't care if it's 1-0, 2-1 or 6-0 - just want the three points.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2016, 12:17:56 pm »
A 91st minute penalty by Milner would be fine.

And then, a quick dive into the FT thread to read about tiki taka and death of football.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2016, 12:19:04 pm »
Good news on the injury front no one ruled out according to Klopp.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2016, 12:21:40 pm »
Good news on the injury front no one ruled out according to Klopp.

then I think we have a good sense of the starting lineup - keeping in mind that we have Spurs on Tuesday

Offline redboxingyeti

• Main Stander
  • Jurgen Believer
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2016, 12:31:29 pm »
Listening to Soccer Saturday on, erm, Saturday, it sounded like Spurs were battering them.
Lo and behold, Spurs needed a last minute equaliser to get anything from the game. Games like this are weird sometimes.

We have struggled in the past against Pulis, and this is why we need the crowd in full voice - not easy when we're struggling to break them down but we can do it. A performance and result similar to the one with Studge's wonder goal will do me.

And on a personal level, I hope Pulis's cap falls into some cat shit.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2016, 12:45:22 pm »

We are the ultimate underdog team these days. Apart from Old Trafford our record at every big ground has been immaculate dating back to Kenny's return despite on the whole us being inferior to those teams, so why do we finish 7th on average? Because of games like this, teams sit back, we just don't have the invention to break them down. They counter with pace on the break and we can't cope. They get physical on set pieces and we fall to little bits.
It's a problem deepe rooted into the club and that's because we have "cup players" and the main problem is the board for the lack of backing to our managers, selling to buy and getting projects that might turn good.

[/s]

You said it chief.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2016, 12:53:58 pm »
Team i'd pick....

...............................Karius.......................................

Clyne..........Matip.................Lovren..............Milner

...........................Henderson.................................

..............Lallana....................Coutinho....................

...Mane..................Origi......................Firmino......

Think Coutinho in the midfield 3 gives us an extra attacking threat for this type of game although Wijnaldum has got forward plenty and links
the play really well. I'd personally go for Origi instead of Sturridge for his ability to pull wide which Sturridge doesn't seem to want to do much
anymore, I think Origi deserves his chance.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2016, 12:58:57 pm »
Haven't beat him in the league since 2011!
Jesus fucking Christ.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2016, 01:00:08 pm »
If I recall correctly, the game where we played them at Anfield was the one where Klopp brought the team to the Kop for an ovation. I remember the Mancs - as well as a few other sets of fans - mocking that incident. A year on, who's mocking who now? The first stage of the Klopp effect, now look at us.

We'll show these just how much we've progressed. Can see us winning, and winning emphatically.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2016, 01:03:04 pm »
Early goal is key. If we don't take the lead then this could quickly devolve into last season's fixture.

I don't really understand it when fans moan about the style of the opposing team. Pulis would be a fool to set up in any other way than he usually does against us.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2016, 01:05:09 pm »

Can see you lasting the craic here.

Keep posting. Love your work.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2016, 01:15:00 pm »
Fairly relaxed about this game. It's not as if tactically there is likely to many surprises. With an early goal we could turn this into a proper mauling. With Lallana likely to be back and perhaps even Wijnaldum it will hopefully be back to business as usual. I am going to give 2 predictions. In the absence of a goal in the first 20 mins I will go with 2-0 to us (obviously) and with an early goal 4-0
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2016, 01:22:06 pm »
Pulis last 6 against Liverpool, 5 draws 1 win

he loves playing us doesn't he