Author Topic: Liverpool 0 vs ManUtd 0 -  (Read 56757 times)

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 vs ManUtd 0 -
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:31 pm »
Feels like 2 points lost but happy where we are considering the teams we've played. Apart from Burnley

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:37 pm »
Imagine being a United fan and having to watch that turgid shite week in, week out.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:37 pm »
A point is fine. It could have been worse. Fucking frustrating, especially considering Mourinho got exactly what he dreamt of with the 0-0.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:49 pm »
Fuck I hate Mourinho, negative c*nt. Suppose he got what he came for, we were poor but picked up a bit when Lallana came on.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:50 pm »
They were time wasting in the first half I mean what on earth? we werent at the races but it's hard when one team wants to play. Felt we were unlucky in that second half, some brilliant saves and the odd dodgy touch when through on goal. Not ideal but we keep going, beat Wba and this wont look too bad. After our run of fixtures if you told me We would be 2 points from top I would have bit yer hand off for it.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:53 pm »
Had a feeling with all the hype surrounding it, it might end up being a 0-0 bore fest.

Positives - Clean sheet, no big league games(on paper) till the Merseyside derby in December & Utd remain 3 points behind us.

And their fixture list is looking a bit tasty.

It more or less panned out as some predicted. We knew they'd park the bus. Hardly surprising result. They're shit. Stoke with money.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:53 pm »
Imagine having to watch that every week. Just abbrutal, physical, destructive attempt to stop the other team from playing football. Utd and Mourinho deserve each other, shithouse tactics for a shithouse Club.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:54 pm »
With how tight that was I would've hated to lose it. We've got a good run of games after this now and we're only 2 points away from the leaders, lets go for it.

Offline Jurgenpressing

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:54 pm »
Missing 'Win-all-damn'

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:58 pm »
De Gea's save off Coutinho's is probably one of the best I've ever seen in this league. I thought it was in when he hit it as well as he did, but the fucker saved it. Fair play to him.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »
Played into their hands, improved slightly in the second half, Coutinho should of been closer to Sturridge in the first half, he's never gonna effect a game playing where he was first half. United deserved the draw they came for.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »
One of the most expensive football teams ever assembled and they came out and played like Stoke.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »
Is there anyone on the planet that didn't predict / expect that?

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:17 pm »
Anyone saying that's a good result for Utd is deluded. It shows how much they've regressed. Zero ambition to win that game from the get-go.

I disagree with this.  United have looked poor this season so far, with you lot blowing teams away with fluid, pressing football.  An away game at Anfield with the team in good form is never going to be an easy game, 0-0 - as much as United were focusing on stifling the game, Liverpool created very little.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:18 pm »
Well they did the job they came to do and to add on to it - we did not have the best of the nights ourselves. But that's ok, it is still a  good start to the season. Let's move on to the next game.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »
They've hardly been on form though have they? Burnley aside, we have and were at home. Did you really think they were going to go hell for leather against us?
I'm not expecting them to go gung-ho, but you can show some ambition whilst still being intent on remaining solid. There's a grey area between parking the bus and playing Kevin Keegan football.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:22 pm »
Moyes and Van Gaal at least attempted to play football. I can't understand the love for Mourinho from the press in the UK his football is stone age nonsense. United paid 100m for Pogba and he did absolutely nothing out there and form what ive seen from him this season he's the biggest waster of money ever. Did that fact get a single mention from the Neville or that knob Tyler though? did it f uck
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:24 pm »
LOL - Shitcoat sets his 1/4 billion pound team to play like Burnley - De Gea makes two worldly saves, they don't get close to our net, and that's what you have to say?

We weren't good enough. Much better with lallana on and Sturridge off. Firmino should be are main man and Phil is half the player in midfield.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:26 pm »
Fair result.

The bus was well and truly parked, but there was nothing that we could really do about it. What a let down given what this was hyped up to be. Minute 92:40 summed it up for me, Henderson looks up and passes it back to (Matip?), who passes it back to Karius who kicks it out. All while we're chasing a winner.
True that we couldn't do anything about it, so no point complaining. However, with Lallana and Wijnaldum fit we would have pressed a bit better, dominate the midfield and been able to break through. Alternatively, a little more quality in and around the box, like with Firmino's chance from Coutinho's flick, or a number of other occasions, and we could have scored. To illustrate, the same team with Aguero up front instead of Sturridge or Firmino would probably have scored today.

This indicates that we still have some way to go.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:29 pm »
Why didn't they try to win ?

Because they were the poorer team and knew that they would be ripped to shreds if they tried to attack. Same old Morinho........negative football.
#JFT97

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:30 pm »
It's the shit two yard roll to Lovren that does my head in...

Those were burning my head out. Early days for the lad, but he looked a bit flappy.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:31 pm »
We managed to turn it on for 35mins again. Too little too late but it is encouraging that no matter the stage of the game we can crank up the pressure.

Think Sturridge will be picking splinters out of his arse for an bit.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:36 pm »
Forgotten it already.

Move on.

What are West Brom like then?

A poor man's version of the United side we saw today.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:36 pm »
You have Pogba and Ibrahimovic up front and you play like that.

Not a great game but the result is fine in the grand scheme of things.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:38 pm »
De Gea's save off Coutinho's is probably one of the best I've ever seen in this league. I thought it was in when he hit it as well as he did, but the fucker saved it. Fair play to him.

Behave. 30 yards out... not in the corner. He's supposed to save it

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:42 pm »
A point is fine. It could have been worse. Fucking frustrating, especially considering Mourinho got exactly what he dreamt of with the 0-0.

When others dream of lifting cups he lies in bed at night and dreams of 0-0s.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:42 pm »
What a absolute fucking shitfest. On the plus side we have a clean sheet and we're still in the hunt, unlike the useless c*nts we've just played who are happy staying in mid-table.

Yep , watched the 2nd half with the volume down,for fucks sake sky any chance of impartial commentators in these games.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:53 pm »
United players had 6 touches in our box in the entire game :lmao

And 35 percent possession for United is the lowest that OPTA stats have ever recorded.

They are fucking embarrassing.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:54 pm »
Moyes and Van Gaal at least attempted to play football. I can't understand the love for Mourinho from the press in the UK his football is stone age nonsense. United paid 100m for Pogba and he did absolutely nothing out there and from what ive seen from him this season he's the biggest waste of money ever. Did that fact get a single mention from the Neville or that knob Tyler though? did it f uck
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:56 pm »
That was shite. The whole match was worth watching for that wonderful flick by Coutinho that put Firmino through, and for the equally wonderful tackle by Valencia to save the match for them. 5 seconds of sublime football in 94 minutes of dross.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:05 pm »
Fair result. United didn't come here with any idea or hope of winning. A mentality you would associate with a bottomfeeder of the league, not the massive club they are/were... how the mighty have fallen :puke2 They can't even laud it as a "Mourinho masterclass" to be honest, because we created in that second half.

When we go to Old Trafford, we won't have a minnow's mentality, and it will be a better game. We will go there to take all three points. The difference in quality and mentality of our teams will show in the league table come the end of the season.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:05 pm »
Bus parking c*nts.  Of course de gea has his yearly worldie against us

Hendo motm for me

Bit unfair on De Gea that. He's one of the best keepers in the world. Their player of the year for 3 seasons. Which says as much about him as it does about Utd really

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:35 pm »
My thoughts exactly , had we played them saturday after swansea game we would of smashed them , lost our rhythm due to internationals

I think we'll get it back by Saturday, shame we couldn't beat United tonight but I can't see them being much of a threat this season.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:38 pm »
Not the worst result in the world though. I would have rather seen us win, but the complete lack of ambition from them was clear from the off. It's a long season and it's fine to occasionally drop points, even at home.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:46 pm »
Herrera MOTM.  Get to fuck Ratboy.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:47 pm »
I will remember two moments of brilliance from Countinho and Can, plus the flick on for Firmino, usually those are enough to win these games but not today. Can't see United making top 4 this year, not enough attacking talent let alone any real intent to improve team interplay. They're going to drop more points to the likes of Watford.

As for us, still need more depth in midfield, other than that, up and onwards. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:49 pm »
Zzzzzzzzz...

bit of an anticlimax eh.

Not the worst point.

Moved on already.

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:50 pm »
Least possession United have ever had in a Premiership game. 34%

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:52 pm »
It was a good effort despite the draw. The team played completely different and manged to string together far more passes after Firmino was moved forward and Sturridge was subbed. If only we'd made the change sooner and brought on Lallana at the same time. No matter were still in very good shape at this point in the season.

One thing to take out of the game is we at least defended very well.
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:57 pm »
We weren't good enough, simple as that.

I disagree, we showed a maturity i have not seen in a long time from a Liverpool side, Jose got what he wanted and we looked a lot more solid that previous seasons.

We are improving and its a very very good position to be after Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and United in our first 8 games, now let the others batter each other at the top end of the table, but now we have a run that we must get serious points from. The hard work is done for now.

WBA
Palace
Watford
Southampton
Sunderland
Bournemouth
West Ham
Middlesbrough

These are our fixtures until the Merseyside on December 19th.

Y.N.W.A.