Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield  (Read 42755 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield
« Reply #160 on: October 8, 2016, 07:20:42 pm »
Dont be surprised if grujic starts if lallana is injured

I think it's more likely to be Can with Henderson playing further forward. Or he may even drop Coutinho into midfield. That worked against Swansea. And start Surridge or Origi up top alongside Mane and Firmino.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #161 on: October 8, 2016, 08:00:56 pm »
Always cautious of this fixture, I try to temper the fire that burns deep inside on this game.
I will take any sort of win, points over performance , but happily take the 2.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 8, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »
Hate the fact this fixture is after this poxy international break!!!! Which means we've got to build momentum again!! Fucking England shite!!!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 8, 2016, 08:26:47 pm »
most of the posters here are overconfident i believe.

Mourinho say what about him. He knows how to setup team. Remember this is the man who stopped Barca whether he has that in him now , I dont know. Our players should know it wont be easy. Fans needs to be patient. I'm sure Jurgen will be taking care of this.

Come on you reds. If we can win this. It will setup a fantastic base for us to go for the title and also smash utd confidence. Somehow win this

Mourinho did not stop Barca.  One of the biggest myths about his managerial record. 

He is nothing more then a reactive manager who can't set his team up to go out and take control of a game when facing an attacking team.  Utd will sit in, defend, and lump balls in to the box.  If they win it'll be a performance that Tony Pulis would be proud of. 

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: October 8, 2016, 08:44:01 pm »
Mourinho did not stop Barca.  One of the biggest myths about his managerial record. 

He is nothing more then a reactive manager who can't set his team up to go out and take control of a game when facing an attacking team.  Utd will sit in, defend, and lump balls in to the box.  If they win it'll be a performance that Tony Pulis would be proud of.

He does deserve a bit of credit for that night though. But so do the players as well, I remember their goalie Julio Cesar  having an absolute blinder.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 8, 2016, 08:51:26 pm »
We're currently in good form but with games like these, form goes out the window.

They'll come and park the bus for the first half and breaking them down won't be easy as we'll have to be vary wary of the Ibra threat, even on his off days, he still has an incredible range of passes so we may have to sit a little deeper than we have lately to counter his effectiveness.

Hopefully we go gung ho from the first whistle, pepper their fucking goal and make them regret coming to Anfield by the 10 minute mark, but that's wishful thinking IMO.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 8, 2016, 08:55:04 pm »
We're currently in good form but with games like these, form goes out the window.

They'll come and park the bus for the first half and breaking them down won't be easy as we'll have to be vary wary of the Ibra threat, even on his off days, he still has an incredible range of passes so we may have to sit a little deeper than we have lately to counter his effectiveness.

Hopefully we go gung ho from the first whistle, pepper their fucking goal and make them regret coming to Anfield by the 10 minute mark, but that's wishful thinking IMO.

Problem is - no one is really in any form after a two week break. We may have a good mentality for sure - but hard to say whether the form will be there or not. Good part is Manu has at least as many away on internationals as we do.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #167 on: October 8, 2016, 09:04:22 pm »
most of the posters here are overconfident i believe.

Mourinho say what about him. He knows how to setup team. Remember this is the man who stopped Barca whether he has that in him now , I dont know. Our players should know it wont be easy. Fans needs to be patient. I'm sure Jurgen will be taking care of this.

Come on you reds. If we can win this. It will setup a fantastic base for us to go for the title and also smash utd confidence. Somehow win this

How did Mourinho do against Dortmund? Or Klopp in his first meeting in the Premier League?

Group D 2012/13 Champions League

Dortmund 2 - 0 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 2 - 2 Dortmund

Semi-Final Champions League 2013

Dortmund 4 - 1 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 2 - 0 Dortmund

Dortmund qualify for the final. Mourinho leaves Madrid by mutual consent 3 weeks later.

Premier League 2015/16

Chelsea 1 - 3 Liverpool

Mourinho sacked 6 weeks later.

Here's hoping...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #168 on: October 8, 2016, 09:07:20 pm »

Mourinho sacked 6 weeks later.

Here's hoping...

Nah I want him to have a nice long destructive reign...  ;D

Man U, effin hell. You can look at our legacy and see several key names.

As time goes on, if they stay like this, you'll come to consider Fergie's extended reign as a blip, albeit a successful one.

Sure I am biased but it is better to have values and a legacy that actually transcends individual managers.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 8, 2016, 09:25:51 pm »
Even when these lot have been shite in the past, they still at times have managed to rock up to Anfield and spawn a victory.

Indeed. "Game raising c*nts" you might say.   :D

Offline GarBo

• Main Stander
« Reply #170 on: October 8, 2016, 09:27:43 pm »
I'm nervous about our new keeper in this one to be honest. This fixture has a history of making fools of GK's. From David James to Jerzy Dudek we've seen our fair share of howlers. I cant help but think they'll go back to route one. Fellaini, Ibra etc they will put Karius under massive pressure.

I hope we have enough to play them off the park on the deck. Fingers crossed.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #171 on: October 8, 2016, 09:28:27 pm »
I'd like to see Migs back in goal for this one, might not happen but just my opinion...
I'd also like to see Origi or Dani start.
Go at them hard and early, and be out of sight by halftime  ;D
But I'd take a 1 - 0 too!

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 8, 2016, 10:14:26 pm »
Hate the fact this fixture is after this poxy international break!!!! Which means we've got to build momentum again!! Fucking England shite!!!

I would prefer to be playing another club in the same position as ourselves rather than a Palace or Watford who have had 2 weeks to prepare for us. It would be great to win, anyway will do as the man said.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #173 on: October 8, 2016, 10:18:54 pm »
I'm nervous about our new keeper in this one to be honest. This fixture has a history of making fools of GK's. From David James to Jerzy Dudek we've seen our fair share of howlers. I cant help but think they'll go back to route one. Fellaini, Ibra etc they will put Karius under massive pressure.

I hope we have enough to play them off the park on the deck. Fingers crossed.

They will likely go route one. It's a simple yet effective tactic, and to be honest we haven't looked solid defending set plays this season. I'm not overly concerned by it though. Lovren is better in the air than he showed against Swansea and Matip is 6'5. If Lallana doesn't make it then Can could fill in for him and he's another physical player.

The key is not to allow them time to pump balls into the box. We won't back off them and allow them time to do so. Sure, they'll get a free kick or two in a dangerous position and some corners but I'm sure we'll be working hard during the international break to rectify our problems and Karius will be eager to put on a good show.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 8, 2016, 10:53:20 pm »
He does deserve a bit of credit for that night though. But so do the players as well, I remember their goalie Julio Cesar  having an absolute blinder.

I can't give anyone credit who spends as much money as he does and then sets his teams up to be so defensive time and again. 

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 9, 2016, 01:30:26 am »
Not a peep from the mancs I have the misfortune to see and talk to on a daily basis. None of their usual hilarious pre game 'bantz' .... stevie g slip ..... how many premier league medals has stevie got ... etc.

Think they are absolutely bricking it for the first time I can remember. They haven't even got the defence they don't buy success like the blue mancs and Chelsea after spunking so much.
But they haven't bought success. :o
« Last Edit: October 9, 2016, 01:40:13 am by idontknow »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #176 on: October 9, 2016, 01:39:33 am »
Stupid International break this should be right now.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: October 9, 2016, 12:00:37 pm »
Does anyone know if the boys who stayed at Melwood were given a few days off? The international break is 17 days long,  surely the likes of Milner, etc must have been given a bit of a breather, right?

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 9, 2016, 12:08:11 pm »

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #179 on: October 9, 2016, 01:01:03 pm »
How cringe is this from Sky!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10608998/mnf-red-monday

That person who closed the shop for 90 minutes obviously hasn't heard of half-time. He/she will miss the end of the game, the stupid idiot.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 9, 2016, 01:40:56 pm »
That person who closed the shop for 90 minutes obviously hasn't heard of half-time. He/she will miss the end of the game, the stupid idiot.

It's only 6.50. So they'll only see 20 minutes of the game. Idiots indeed.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 9, 2016, 01:49:08 pm »
How cringe is this from Sky!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10608998/mnf-red-monday

They did a similar thing way back when Cantona returned from his Kung-fu kick ban. 'Hunt for Red October' I think they called it. A certain Robbie Fowler stole the show that game.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 9, 2016, 01:53:47 pm »
Lets have an open 5-5, with a dodgy penalty at 5-4 to you lot given to Utd, leading to Klopp walking over in rage mode and twatting Mourinho. 

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 9, 2016, 01:57:34 pm »
I'd rather we just twated them 5-0 mate.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 9, 2016, 02:07:32 pm »
I'd rather we just twated them 5-0 mate.

I can see it happening, Fellaini and Pogba at CM are hardly convincing, or offer much protection, with their CBs pretty average.  I'd expect Mourinho to do what he did a couple of games ago, as he primarily focused on big games by making sure he doesn't lose.  Likely to start Ibra, keep the team compact and try to nick a free kick high up the pitch or a pen, go ultra defensive for the first half and introduce Rashford for the 2nd if the score is still respectable.  Probably play Fellaini and Carrick with Pogba ahead as a 10, and drop Mata and Rooney.  play Martial/Lindgaard down the flanks, or Henrik if he decides he can be trusted.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #185 on: October 9, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »
We'd better effing win this...

I'm currently working in Manchester - surrounded by this lot.

I want big fat smug smile on my face come the Tuesday morning  ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 9, 2016, 02:47:26 pm »
I can see it happening, Fellaini and Pogba at CM are hardly convincing, or offer much protection, with their CBs pretty average.  I'd expect Mourinho to do what he did a couple of games ago, as he primarily focused on big games by making sure he doesn't lose.  Likely to start Ibra, keep the team compact and try to nick a free kick high up the pitch or a pen, go ultra defensive for the first half and introduce Rashford for the 2nd if the score is still respectable.  Probably play Fellaini and Carrick with Pogba ahead as a 10, and drop Mata and Rooney.  play Martial/Lindgaard down the flanks, or Henrik if he decides he can be trusted.

Not sure he's yet got the defensive capabilities to do that with this lot though.  He'll obviously try as it's his go to tactic as you say but it backfired spectacularly against City as I don't think he has his preferred 2 sitters in the squad.

We're a far better team than when we met them in the Europa and they aren't as well drilled.  It could be a tight 1-0/2-1 either way or it could be a thrashing if we get our noses in front early enough but I'm really hoping he does the unthinkable for him and goes for it, as toe to toe we'll run rings round them.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #187 on: October 9, 2016, 03:06:55 pm »
Hopefully by eighty minutes Anfield will be belting out, as one (to the tune of Amazing Grace ), Joe zay....Joe zay.....Joe zay... Jo zay.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #188 on: October 9, 2016, 03:52:37 pm »
All Liverpool FC League Goals vs Manchester United 1986-2016
@MerseyGoals
https://youtu.be/CeCsXMFlHJs

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 9, 2016, 03:54:13 pm »
All Liverpool FC League Goals vs Manchester United 1986-2016
@MerseyGoals
https://youtu.be/CeCsXMFlHJs

Been removed mate.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 9, 2016, 05:51:25 pm »
Does anyone know if the boys who stayed at Melwood were given a few days off? The international break is 17 days long,  surely the likes of Milner, etc must have been given a bit of a breather, right?

Yeah they were, an Irish boxer(Michael Conlon) tweeted during the week that he had seen Milner in Dubai, said hi to him but Milner ignored him. :D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 9, 2016, 07:27:28 pm »
Been removed mate.

Agh, bloody Premier League. Been some great moments against them (as well as some low ones obviously), last season in the Europa League was great, especially at Anfield where we should have won around 4/5 nil. Coutinho's goal at Old Trafford wasn't bad either.

And us thrashing them under Rafa a few times was awesome, Reina going mad with Ngog is a particular highlight.

Another one of those wouldn't go amiss.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #192 on: October 9, 2016, 07:42:39 pm »
Yeah they were, an Irish boxer(Michael Conlon) tweeted during the week that he had seen Milner in Dubai, said hi to him but Milner ignored him. :D

Dubai eh? Sounds like the had a longer break than I expected hehe. Good for them, that's one of the few things the international calendar is good for, giving some of the players a rest and working on bringing those back from the medical department.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 9, 2016, 07:47:55 pm »
We've been brilliant against the top teams under Klopp. And yet we sometimes flop against the shite sides. That's the biggest worry here :wave

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 9, 2016, 07:53:00 pm »
Dont like my confidence levels for this 1!  over the years my over-confidence has not ended well generally.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 9, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »
I hope we twat the life out of these twats.

I total humiliation would be fantastic, say 4-0!

Any scoreline would do to be honest, just as long as we win!!!!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 9, 2016, 10:06:56 pm »
Loris Karius, Emre Can and Danny Ings all played 90 minutes in behind closed doors game v Bradford.
Liverpool won 5-0.

James Milner pen, Ings (2), Can and Yan Dhanda the scorers.

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #197 on: October 9, 2016, 11:09:29 pm »
I've seen shitter United sides against much better Liverpool sides rock up to Anfield and get a win, so i'm taking nothing for granted. i'd happily take a 1-0 to us after we play 98 minutes not being able to string a pass together then De Gea drops a right fuck up after being bored the whole match!

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2016, 12:03:43 am »
Fucking tedious wait for this  :no

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2016, 02:02:56 am »
Is the fucking stupid international week over yet?!...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."