Author Topic: HT TALK  (Read 10515 times)

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
Re: HT TALK
« Reply #120 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:48 pm »
Thought it was Coutinho being brought back rather than Sturridge coming on that allowed us to start dominating the midfield and the game, we were crying out for someone with a bit of agility there to cut through their pressing.
We certainly weren't great but they've defended really well it has to be said. And Wijnaldum... he's been great in recent weeks but adds nothing to the game today, complete passanger.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #121 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:57 pm »
Sooooo.... Just reading this thread. It's back to gloom.

Nah. We have every chance. Swansea have been running themselves into the floor.

IF the referee can manage to stay out of it and actually do his job and not send someone off or award bent pennos then I think we have every chance.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:58 pm »
:lmao

What on earth are you on about? How exactly is he supposed to get a corner which ended up 5 yards past his back post with about 4 lads jumping for it?

Nice to see us turning on the lad already.
To be fair mignolet would be getting stick for that.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #123 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:58 pm »
We'll miss Lallanas press but think theres more than enough to beat them here.

Really need to stop sigurdson (SP?) though. He's getting free far too easy. Move up 5 yards.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:02 pm »
Don't see how people are saying he's not offside on the goal. He's well off from the initial header.
He's not they literally just showed it he's onside.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:11 pm »
i'd happily take a point.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:18 pm »
Are we going on about zonal fucking marking again? Fuck off Coleman and Saunders.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:19 pm »
Got into it about 30 mins into the game.

Think we'll got an equaliser but very sluggish at the start.

Come on lads.

Offline realtowz

• Knows the sound of a fish when he hears one.
  • Kopite
  • at the end of the storm...
« Reply #128 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:35 pm »
We love to press but hate to be pressed,Swansea are playing well.
Big second half for the redmen.

We've been talking about improvement since the Burnley match. Now, they have their chance to actually prove this...

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:40 pm »
Need to up our work rate and keep calm, we'll get chances.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #130 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:43 pm »
They've out-Liverpooled us.

Their high press is showing Henderson's inexperience in that role. He is vulnerable to the press. They know where the ball is going when they press him. That Wijnaldum is not seeing much of the ball is indicative of where it is not going. Coutinho is having to come deep to get on the ball.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 01:26:49 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Half time: Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool
« Reply #131 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:46 pm »
:lmao

What on earth are you on about? How exactly is he supposed to get a corner which ended up 5 yards past his back post with about 4 lads jumping for it?

Nice to see us turning on the lad already.
Fucking hell fella if that was Mignolet who played that half.

And I don't think he's on about the goal specifically.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:46 pm »

If that was a penalty then it was a very, very soft one.

Seen them given. He comes across him, knocked him off his stride and it's in the area.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:46 pm »
Turn up against the good sides and play complacently against the lesser ones. Standard.
Like Hull?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #134 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
16 goals conceded from set pieces in the last year, fuck me.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #135 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:51 pm »
We just look nervous and unsure when the opposition score first.
It's almost we feel they aren't allowed to.
We look vulnerable at every set piece.

Have a feeling this could be just one of those days, how often do we mess up before an international break!

Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:51 pm »
He's not they literally just showed it he's onside.
I know, I just saw it. And he's still offside.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #137 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »
Are we going on about zonal fucking marking again? Fuck off Coleman and Saunders.

Watching the NBCSN coverage, I can't bear the Sky coverage any more.

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #138 on: October 1, 2016, 01:24:58 pm »
I don't know why we start some games like this, so nervy, tepid and slow. Especially after the last few games when our confidence and sharpness should be up. People can talk about set pieces but it was our attitude from the start that was our undoing; Swansea were a big threat in this period when we should have been a bigger one.

We got better as the half progressed but now we have an uphill task. Wouldn't mind seeing two subs early to try and get some fresh legs on and hopefully players with the right mentality from the get go.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #139 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:02 pm »
We were told lessons were learnt after the Burnley game, lets see how the second half shapes up.

Officials have been fucking shit.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #140 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:07 pm »
To be fair mignolet would be getting stick for that.

And the 3 or 4 other clear headers in the middle of the box and the Cork chance from the Sigurdsson ball

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #141 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:11 pm »

A strangely low energy performance, second to every ball, not getting its break and officials arbitrarily giving the home team every important decision.
Michael Oliver off the xmas card list. Yellows for Henderson and Sturridge? Weak weak weak.

Goal was offside no matter how the commentators try to spin it, I loathe those types who try to justify their narrative against the evidence of their own eyes.

A special word for the home fans: pathetic. Chips on both shoulders, shouting cheat when their players foul ours? Smalltime.

As the half wore on Swansea ran out of steam, we need to be sharper and better their energy and we will win.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:18 pm »
Oliver, useless.

Embarassing when we resort to these excuses.

We were poor.

Online Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #143 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:20 pm »
Turn up against the good sides and play complacently against the lesser ones. Standard.

Yeah, just like last week.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:24 pm »
Swansea have been decent. They've been well organised and targeted our wings, the use of which did give them a breather / furthered their play on a few occasions since we don't naturally have anyone positioned there first up in our shape, they use the time it takes Mane after his run infield or Coutinho (the same) to get there, or more often it's Hendo who's the 2nd phase of defence, by which point they've got numbers up.

If that Borja fella had adjusted his run just a bit to match the flight of the ball on his first headed chance it could have been worse, don't remember anything for us on the other end.

Sturridge has provided a bit of spark on the odd occassion, it's unsurprisingly him and Mane who look our most potent players. Which isn't enough at the moment, we need more, we need Firmino and Coutinho to step up. I'm disappointed by how ineffective Phil has been, he's got to have a bit more variety than the fake, cut in, fake, cut in, fake, look for shot, cut in...peters out act. On the odd glimpe of goal he's hit some glorious goals but he can be so much more.

Offline klobutruck

• Main Stander
« Reply #145 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
They've outpressed us in the first half. We've been second to most 50/50 balls. We look sluggish. It's only half time. We can turn this around. I have faith.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #146 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
We looked equally out of sorts against Arsenal in the first half (albeit went in 1-1 thanks to a stunner from Coutinho) and then came out a different side for the second half. We've got it in us, we can turn this around.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #147 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:47 pm »
Slow, awful start against a team winless in five. Slightly better in the latter part of the half, but we have turned the ball over far too easy. On a wet, greasy pitch, we haven't tested Fabianski. Oliver has been shite as well.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #148 on: October 1, 2016, 01:25:53 pm »
Looks like the players still haven't shaken off the 'it'll be a walk in the park the way we've been playing' mentality.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #149 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:11 pm »

Hull are a good side?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #150 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:15 pm »
Fucking hell fella if that was Mignolet who played that half.

And I don't think he's on about the goal specifically.

Yeah I wasn't. Don't know how you could watch that half and not be worried he doesn't come enough / command his box enough.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #151 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:18 pm »
3 to 5 week theory coming to the fold.

One of those days
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
« Reply #152 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:19 pm »
we got this calm down everyone

we'll win it 3-1
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:22 pm »
A few players are putting in some awful performances.  Big test for this group right now. 

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:32 pm »
This thread is about 45mins of football not about the whole season.

whoppers been holding in for the past 4 games we have won. they are out in full force now.

cue hendo is no DM. we need a 30 goal centre forward and maybe a defensive coach as well. ;D

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:42 pm »
This is so unlike us, I'm stunned...

Lol. Echoes of last season. Poor at set plays and lethargic starts to games. Swansea should be at least 2 up

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:47 pm »
Thought it was Coutinho being brought back rather than Sturridge coming on that allowed us to start dominating the midfield and the game, we were crying out for someone with a bit of agility there to cut through their pressing.
We certainly weren't great but they've defended really well it has to be said. And Wijnaldum... he's been great in recent weeks but adds nothing to the game today, complete passanger.

Basically. He's the one that's constantly dribbled past a couple of players and earnt us a bit of space, which is what Lallana would have done normally. Ridiculous that people are having a go at him.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #157 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:49 pm »
Have to give Swansea a bit of credit here. They've defended well (not just one or two last ditch tackles but they are crowded around their own box and when we dont have space to play and are put under pressure we struggle.

City needed some luck to beat them last week and it looks like we will need the same to get anything out of this.

Not confident based on what i've seen so far. When we dont have spaces to exploit we look sluggish.

Absolutely - Swansea deserve to be ahead and it could have been more (If you ignore the offsides) - but they are getting stuck in, pressing well, running and putting us under pressure.

Can they do it second half?

We need to make sure we don't put any tackles in. I can see Henderson getting sent off for nothing - his first yellow was an absolute joke, not sure he even touched him.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #158 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:52 pm »
To be fair we have been shite.

But lets beleive ay people. 3 - 2 liverpool.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #159 on: October 1, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »
We looked equally out of sorts against Arsenal in the first half (albeit went in 1-1 thanks to a stunner from Coutinho) and then came out a different side for the second half. We've got it in us, we can turn this around.
Hoping this is the case, we have it in us but Swansea look so up for it. I'd settle for a draw.