Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30  (Read 37580 times)

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2016, 08:46:34 pm »
So another game to "prove" ourselves. Win away against a side who's first priority is to not lose. Hope we prove ourselves like we did last week.

Offline ass sitting midfielder

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/users/10882/8584/avatar92.jpg?1453804063
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2016, 08:47:14 pm »
That's ridiculous.
This is also ridiculous. Suarez isn't better than Messi and Ronaldo, it's not even remotely debatable. Suarez is world class but they two are still way beyond that.
You played footie DG? form lasts. like mushrooms. 3-5 weeks. thats about it.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »
Pattern of play so far...

Dominate. Score. Score again. Start to cruise. Concede. Fans lose their shit. Players don't. Win.

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48:04 pm »
rash shitting midfielder - now that's an image
?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48:08 pm »

Speaking of mushrooms...

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:20 pm »
How Arsenal managed 49 games unbeaten in 5 weeks I'll never know. Some effort that.
Don't be so obtuse.  He was clear that rotation is the clever manager's way around such anomalies.

Although 10 out of Arsenal's 11 first team players started 30 or more games that season, so, erm...  :-\
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2016, 08:52:44 pm »
Don't be so obtuse.  He was clear that rotation is the clever manager's way around such anomalies.

Although 10 out of Arsenal's 11 first team players started 30 or more games that season, so, erm...  :-\

It's really bad form using 10-15 players to prove him wrong...

He feels it!! Damnit!!

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2016, 10:30:58 pm »
You never played football mate? Form lasts from 3-5 weeks. We have just peaked. Maybe Mané is about to peak. Hopefuly he wins it for us.

Sorry RSM, this might be the dumbest post I've ever read on RAWK.  That's saying something given some of the jokers and posts that have passed through RAWK.  If this was posted on a popular social media site it would quickly be elevated to meme status.

How Arsenal managed 49 games unbeaten in 5 weeks I'll never know. Some effort that.

Boom!  :)

Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2016, 10:59:10 pm »

So are you saying for the next 3-5 weeks you'll be on your peak from mushroom usage and start every post with 'Have you ever played footie?'?   ;D

Yes, I have played footie.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2016, 11:05:42 pm »
Easy win.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2016, 11:30:56 pm »
0 3

We don't seem capable of keeping a clean sheet at the moment, annoyingly enough. I'm gonna say 1-4. Mane to score, definitely.

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »
They dont have shelvey now,so im convince we could get a win. But its going to be tight.
A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2016, 11:56:21 pm »
As if i'm reading timescales of the effects of "form" (which is a combination of football intelligence, good training, confidence, situations on the pitch and then you're ability to put all these things and more into a moment of football in thehope the other 21 players don't prevent you somehow) like its a science. Form is not real in the same sense luck is not real. Just thought we needed that clearing up.

As for the game its us to win by -1.5 goals again for me. Might do 2.5 if i'm feeling greedy
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2016, 11:56:55 pm »
Biggest game of the season?

They are very much like Burnley at the minute - hovering above relegation and typically the type of club we may struggle against away.

Expect two banks of four - and they may arguably be more effective than Chelsea at doing it, primarily because they are more used to defensive setups than Chelsea.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2016, 11:57:21 pm »
Last seasons starting line up against Swansea thanks to the europa league: Ward, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Smith, Ojo, Chirivella, Stewart, Ibe, Coutinho, Sturridge.  Lucas, Brannagan and Benteke off the bench. 

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2016, 12:47:40 am »
Real biggy this one,  expect more of the same after Hull, just hope it's not more of the same from the defensive perspective where we were undone from a corner from Hull's only real opening.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2016, 12:48:00 am »
Confidence is high in the squad, you can feel the players are chopping at the heels for each game to come, and we are playing marvellous footy. The best ive seen us play since 13/14. You feel that Klopp has them well drilled to his system and we can steamroll teams. I feel we will be too much for Swansea, just imagine you were a Swansea fan and you saw Liverpool demolish Hull the week before.. Lallana Hendo Firmino Coutinho Milner Clyne Matip are all in excellant form.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2016, 12:58:12 am »
Trying not to get too overconfident for this one, but it's hard not to with the way we've been playing recently.

I'd take any victory, but reckon we'll win by a couple. Would be nice to keep a clean sheet for once, but I can't see that happening and as long as we score more than them I really couldn't give a toss.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2016, 01:21:17 am »
Didnt play professional myself. But I sense it. 3-5 weeks peaking. Then just do my job for the team. You think players should be the top the whole season? Wow. Good luck with that. Without winter break. Just do it. ´Cause Solomon requires it. Good luck with that.

If only there was a recent example, say from last season, where a whole team of players were at the top of their game for practically the entire season. If only that had happened then maybe there would be some way of showing that your senses are wrong. But alas...

...hang on a minute.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2016, 01:56:42 am »
What on earth is this 3-5 weeks form thing about.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2016, 02:02:09 am »
We will win, no doubt about that!!
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2016, 04:10:35 am »

You clearly have never played footie in your life, mate.  ;D

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2016, 04:24:10 am »
We should definitely win this looking at how we're playing.

We can barely fit out best players in the first XI at the moment and there are too many players on form and playing out of their skins for them / us to have a major off-day at all once, I think personally.

Having said that, how many times do we ever get the 3 points before an international break? I've spent pretty much all international breaks I can "recently" remember sulking and avoiding football because we've lost (or had a shite point) and then had to wait 2 weeks for us to play again 😐

Does anyone have a stat for this? Not that I think it'll make the blindest bit of difference come Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:26:42 am by LIVE-MAU5 »

Online vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2016, 05:12:21 am »
Oddly nervous for this Game. If we play to our potential we will win . No doubt about that.

Burnley game was like we didn't start well . Clyne made a mistake at the start which resulted in a goal then everything went downhill.

Hope we start well. Score first and we have sealed the game, Guidolin is quoted saying that he might lose his job if they lose. Swansea players might be motivated to perform . Lets watch out

Come on you redmen

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:37 am »

There were some clear nerves and a breakdown in communication in Burnley's first goal. It's the kind of goal you let in less, the more confident you are. For me that's why it's important to keep the winning feeling going. Put the fear and pressure on the other team, and moments like that will happen less and less.

Karius is going to be really important for moments like that, when we're trying to pass our way of of a press. Having such a cool and confident ball playing keeper will increase the chances of success when passing our way out of trouble, and will increase the confidence of the back four to do so as well, knowing there's such a good option behind them.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2016, 05:48:20 am »
It's another big test for us. We passed one last week. Now the challenge is to play well and beat Swansea at their ground. Which is something we haven't done since they've come up. It won't be easy, but I believe we have the quality to do it. We just need to stay focused and not get carried away with all the media attention we've been getting recently.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2016, 06:56:09 am »
It's another big test for us. We passed one last week. Now the challenge is to play well and beat Swansea at their ground. Which is something we haven't done since they've come up. It won't be easy, but I believe we have the quality to do it. We just need to stay focused and not get carried away with all the media attention we've been getting recently.
I think we did beat them one year, Hendo got a winner after running through on goal.

Just win tomorrow, don't care how. This will be a tough one regardless of form.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2016, 07:35:23 am »
Mushrooms 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2016, 07:48:08 am »

Its the same thing as the boring statements by the media " Lets see if Liverpool can do it against the big teams!".. We have already done it against Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and last seasons champions. Why are the journalist and Expert so fucking stupid? It really boils me! Lawros at it again. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37485966

Offline Never walking alone

• Boys Pen
  • Living this dream, sweeter than I ever imagined
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2016, 08:17:26 am »
Very confident - we are a better team, squad, and all things being equal will be too strong. What I'm waiting for is to see how we play on a heavy pitch on a miserable day... was a bit like that at Burnley - doesn't suit the high intensity short passing style.  We'll find out tomorrow if BBC weather is anything to go by. 

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
Win the league and the only trophy left for him to win is the World Cup... I wouldn't put it past him!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2016, 08:37:51 am »
Their supporters seem extremely confident. They favour speed and targeting Milner.

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2016, 08:43:01 am »
Just a win tomorrow going to be tough with I think the predicted bad weather, Swansea arnt a bad side, we'll need to be at our best! Same 11, need a win and hopefully spurs and city will draw
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:41:43 am by Realdidi »
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2016, 09:35:28 am »
With their manager under duress of sacking, they are bound to lift their game for him.

Though we dont have a good record in the last 5 games there, I believe we have the strength and momentum to get a win there tomorrow.

Good to have the likes of Sturridge, Ings, Can, Grujic and Lucas available on the bench - that alone should scare the hell out of them.

I will be surprised if we dont score 3
Doubters to Believers

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2016, 09:40:13 am »
Just a win Tomoz guna be tough with I think the predicted bad weather, Swansea arnt a bad side, we'll need to be at our best! Same 11, need a win and hopefully spurs and city will draw

Who the fuck is Tomoz? And what's a guna?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2016, 09:42:06 am »
That's ridiculous.
This is also ridiculous. Suarez isn't better than Messi and Ronaldo, it's not even remotely debatable. Suarez is world class but they two are still way beyond that.
I think you have to factor in that Suárez is pretty much indestructible, whereas both Messi and Ronaldo tend to be out with injuries for about a month each season.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2016, 09:49:06 am »
Donctha understand me blood?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2016, 09:52:57 am »

The sensation, the legend, Tomoz Guna...
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2016, 10:02:41 am »
So are you saying for the next 3-5 weeks you'll be on your peak from mushroom usage and start every post with 'Have you ever played footie?'?   ;D

Yes, I have played footie.
Never tried them myself mate  ;D Any good?

Sorry to speak about 3-5 weeks form period. I was on couching course and was told so. Also fell that when I played.

As for Arsenal record, the defenders do not need to be at their peak to manage a game. They were at least reliable all the time, great when on form. Anyway.. I want us to win. We might not be at our best is all I am saying. Difficult ground, hope its not a last kick of dying horse.

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2016, 10:46:52 am »

Apologies for the bad grammar
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis