Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30  (Read 37577 times)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2016, 12:33:48 pm »
That's a bit vague
I didnt want to put the paramedics around Swansea and Liverpool under necessary stress.

Oh and a penalty appeal by Swansea waved away a minute before the penaltypool winner, just for davek.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2016, 03:58:31 pm »
Just win Redmen, please just win!

Sturridge didn't have a great game there last year if I remember rightly..? That's got nothing to do with his selection for this game, but I'd love to see him start and score. However, I think Klopp will go for the same team again, but with Lovren returning.

I don't see the need to change it unless there are injuries. If United was next weekend, I would have expected to see Firmino rested for Sturridge.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2016, 05:17:23 pm »
Excellent. I get to watch it before I go to work.

Optimistic for this one, we seem to be getting a bit more consistent in our application. And with a weeks rest, we should be up for it.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »
Forget last years tealeaves readings. What we need this season is for Neil (tmsneil?)  from the wrap to make his utterances. Last week, on the Friday show I think it was, he said "we shouldn't be surprised to see a Brace from Milner". Lo and behold, the very next day, in the exact game predicted, two goals from the shy Yorkshireman. 
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2016, 05:43:40 pm »
Origi an injury doubt

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2016, 05:52:41 pm »
Origi an injury doubt

Where is this from, and how bad?

edit - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/237707-injury-news-origi-reds-only-concern-ahead-of-swansea. Minor foot injury due to a kick, not too much to worry about.

Offline BritishGas

• loved Heinz Baked Beans
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2016, 05:59:57 pm »
No reason to be scared or worried about Swansea but one wonders whether their manager's precarious position could lead to a rallied* performance. 

*lucky cunty performance

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2016, 06:16:52 pm »
I think Henderson always had a good game against Swansea.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2016, 06:35:20 pm »
No reason to be scared or worried about Swansea but one wonders whether their manager's precarious position could lead to a rallied* performance. 

*lucky cunty performance

Or if the players want him out they may just mail this one in.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2016, 06:38:16 pm »
I have a sneaky feeling that Hendo and Wiji will socre in this game.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2016, 06:45:04 pm »
Summary of Klopp's pre-match press conference: "Winter is coming"  :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2016, 06:45:57 pm »
Feels like an age between games at the moment.  For that reason I don't mind it's an early kick off.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2016, 06:55:28 pm »
Feels like an age between games at the moment.  For that reason I don't mind it's an early kick off.

we have to win though - or it's a looooooooooooog weekend

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2016, 07:04:26 pm »
Buzzing for this. Buzzing to just watch the Reds again.

Confident we'll smash these. 3-0 win.
Believe

Offline ass sitting midfielder

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
    • http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/users/10882/8584/avatar92.jpg?1453804063
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2016, 07:07:49 pm »
I'll concede the first point you made, but the rest are ridiculous. Player form only lasts 3-5 games? They've peaked? Yeah Suarez in 2013-14 peaked after the first 5-7 games for us and was shite after that.  ::)  It's still September ffs. As for the Sakho saga, what saga? He just isn't in Klopp's plans and should simply deal with it. I doubt the likes of Lovren, Matip and Klavan who are playing in his place are losing any sleep over it. He isn't going to affect dressing room harmony simply because he's not in the dressing room. And as if Guidolin (if he's even still their manager by then) didn't already know how Klopp is going to set us up and what he expects us to do. Klopp can personally phone him and tell him our starting eleven 3 days in advance, reveal his tactics and in-game approach and we'd still beat them if we play to our level. Why? Because we have the better team and individually are better than them in every position.

That doesn't mean we should get complacent or lose concentration. It's just the truth. Play like we did against Leicester, Chelsea and Hull and we'll beat them comfortably.

You never played football mate? Form lasts from 3-5 weeks. We have just peaked. Maybe Mané is about to peak. Hopefuly he wins it for us.

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2016, 07:17:38 pm »
I'll concede the first point you made, but the rest are ridiculous. Player form only lasts 3-5 games? They've peaked? Yeah Suarez in 2013-14 peaked after the first 5-7 games for us and was shite after that.  ::)  It's still September ffs. As for the Sakho saga, what saga? He just isn't in Klopp's plans and should simply deal with it. I doubt the likes of Lovren, Matip and Klavan who are playing in his place are losing any sleep over it. He isn't going to affect dressing room harmony simply because he's not in the dressing room. And as if Guidolin (if he's even still their manager by then) didn't already know how Klopp is going to set us up and what he expects us to do. Klopp can personally phone him and tell him our starting eleven 3 days in advance, reveal his tactics and in-game approach and we'd still beat them if we play to our level. Why? Because we have the better team and individually are better than them in every position.

That doesn't mean we should get complacent or lose concentration. It's just the truth. Play like we did against Leicester, Chelsea and Hull and we'll beat them comfortably.

Your post sounds like we beat Swansea 3:0. Hope you are right. Shame you never consider migitating factors. Thats why we have no debate. Just bully our way to win, thats about it. Tyson style.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »
Form lasts from 3-5 weeks. We have just peaked. Maybe Mané is about to peak. Hopefuly he wins it for us.

What nonsense is this?

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2016, 07:32:03 pm »

Its always great using the best player of the world as an argument. well done

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2016, 07:36:31 pm »
What nonsense is this?
Have you played footie? You are getting on form gradually, it lasts from 3-5 weeks. Then you go down. Thats about it. Thats why top managers rotate players. You are not going to be on top form the whole season. If you dont get it you have no idea about football.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2016, 07:48:49 pm »
Have you played footie? You are getting on form gradually, it lasts from 3-5 weeks. Then you go down. Thats about it. Thats why top managers rotate players. You are not going to be on top form the whole season. If you dont get it you have no idea about football.

I have played footie mate. But not at professional level. Professionals can hold their form for more than 3-5 weeks.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2016, 07:50:44 pm »
I have played footie mate. But not at professional level. Professionals can hold their form for more than 3-5 weeks.

Name 1!! Besides

Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Gerrard, Pele, Maradona, Cryuff, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Platini, Best, Zico, Rondalo, Xavi, Iniesta.

Seriously Sol name 1!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2016, 07:54:16 pm »
What makes you think we've hit top form already?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2016, 07:57:10 pm »
That's ridiculous.

Its always great using the best player of the world as an argument. well done
This is also ridiculous. Suarez isn't better than Messi and Ronaldo, it's not even remotely debatable. Suarez is world class but they two are still way beyond that.

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2016, 07:59:56 pm »
Didnt play professional myself. But I sense it. 3-5 weeks peaking. Then just do my job for the team. You think players should be the top the whole season? Wow. Good luck with that. Without winter break. Just do it. ´Cause Solomon requires it. Good luck with that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »
Didnt play professional myself. But I sense it. 3-5 weeks peaking. Then just do my job for the team. You think players should be the top the whole season? Wow. Good luck with that. Without winter break. Just to do it. ´Cause Solomon requires it. Good luck with that.

You feel it in your bones dontcha?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2016, 08:05:24 pm »
Didnt play professional myself. But I sense it. 3-5 weeks peaking. Then just do my job for the team. You think players should be the top the whole season? Wow. Good luck with that. Without winter break. Just do it. ´Cause Solomon requires it. Good luck with that.

I played as close to pro as you can without signing pro forms and I can assure you that peak performance 20 years ago lasted more than that - In todays modern game there are plenty of teams who've gone 3-6 months churning out the same level of performance week in, week out.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2016, 08:05:42 pm »

Personally, and if it was down to me, I'd be changing your user name to Clinton Baptiste.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2016, 08:06:01 pm »

What the hell are you wittering on about lad?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 08:11:36 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2016, 08:14:06 pm »
Haha what the fuck am I reading? :lmao

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2016, 08:15:55 pm »
Name 1!! Besides

Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Gerrard, Pele, Maradona, Cryuff, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Platini, Best, Zico, Rondalo, Xavi, Iniesta.

Seriously Sol name 1!
Erm...Milner?!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2016, 08:23:46 pm »
You just know if we drop points on Saturday, he's going to come on and say - " See, I told you we'd peaked!"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2016, 08:26:11 pm »
 ;D

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2016, 08:27:53 pm »
Personally, and if it was down to me, I'd be changing your user name to Clinton Baptiste.

;D

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2016, 08:29:26 pm »
You just know if we drop points on Saturday, he's going to come on and say - " See, I told you we'd peaked!"
Yeah, Im that guy. Well done.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2016, 08:32:06 pm »

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2016, 08:38:00 pm »
Thought so.
To blame Klopp for something? Your are miles away mate. I love him. Going to be hard game hopefully we win it.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2016, 08:38:45 pm »
Feels like an age between games at the moment.
Brace yourself.

We've got 16 DAYS between Swansea and Man Utd.   ???
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2016, 08:40:29 pm »
Name 1!! Besides

Seriously Sol name 1!
It'll be a close run thing for what comes first, between Mané falling out of form or us selling him.  :P
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2016, 08:41:27 pm »
How Arsenal managed 49 games unbeaten in 5 weeks I'll never know. Some effort that.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2016, 08:45:52 pm »
rash shitting midfielder - now that's an image