Author Topic: FT: Chelsea 1 (Costa 61') - Liverpool 2 (Lovren 17' Hendo 36')  (Read 75056 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: FT: Chelsea 1 (Costa 61') - Liverpool 2 (Lovren 17' Hendo 36')
« Reply #920 on: September 18, 2016, 07:44:15 pm »
Bit early to write Grujic off, isn't it? I know it's hard to find a scapegoat in the team after a game like that, but why choose Grujic for the firing line?

Huh?! Not writing anyone off. He's a young player with a big future

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #921 on: September 18, 2016, 08:20:09 pm »
Great win. Had to make do with a jerky stream from a hotel room so will look forward to watching it properly tomorrow. We went a bit too deep and kept giving away possession in the 2nd half and it did look like we would concede though weirdly it felt that we had weathered the storm when they scored. Apart from our own paranoia of them equalising we didn't really give them the same kind of space as we had done before the goal.

Its good to see the goals being spread around, it makes it harder for opposing teams when they know goals can come from many players (as opposed to just 1 or 2).

Hopefully the great strike will get Hendo going, i think he sprayed a couple of nice passes after that.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: September 18, 2016, 08:26:23 pm »
Huh?! Not writing anyone off. He's a young player with a big future

He's not going to have much of a future if 3 pretty young guys in front of him in the squad for those attacking mid spots isn't enough and we need even more blocking his pathway.

When's he getting a game, 2020?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #923 on: September 18, 2016, 08:29:17 pm »
We were alright, weren't we! 

Of all the talk of the Henderson goal, if Origi had headed that cross in, that would of been abar a 35 pass, near half minute of possession ending in a goal, wonder goal.......*Oh hush my knocking testicles, this goal will happen this season*
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #924 on: September 18, 2016, 08:41:37 pm »

Of all the talk of the Henderson goal, if Origi had headed that cross in, that would of been abar a 35 pass, near half minute of possession ending in a goal, wonder goal.......*Oh hush my knocking testicles, this goal will happen this season*

Wasn't Coutinho's versus Arsenal one of those?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: September 18, 2016, 09:26:37 pm »
Wasn't Coutinho's versus Arsenal one of those?
Yep. but this felt abar 10-15 passes longer, it went from one side of the park to the other, the closest they got to the ball was when the ref tried to take it off of Philly! ;D

However, copious amounts of lager may have muddied my perception waters!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #926 on: September 18, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »
Yep. but this felt abar 10-15 passes longer, it went from one side of the park to the other, the closest they got to the ball was when the ref tried to take it off of Philly! ;D

However, copious amounts of lager may have muddied my perception waters!

Why do you type abar instead of about?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: September 18, 2016, 09:33:28 pm »
Why do you type abar instead of about?

The o the u and the t on my computer don't work.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #928 on: September 18, 2016, 09:36:46 pm »

Lol.

But really, how come?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: September 18, 2016, 09:39:34 pm »
Lol.

But really, how come?

Why lol, and not Laugh Out Loud? ........ the a, u, g, h, t and d not work on your computer, either?  ;)

Type it as how we say it. 

Try here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=278030.0 hours and hours of our lingo

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #930 on: September 18, 2016, 09:41:15 pm »
Why lol, and not Laugh Out Loud? ........ the a, u, g, h, t and d not work on your computer, either?  ;)

Type it as how we say it. 

Try here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=278030.0 hours and hours of our lingo

That's what I thought but it only seems to apply to one word in your case. You don't do it with any other words.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: September 18, 2016, 09:43:56 pm »
That's what I thought but it only seems to apply to one word in your case. You don't do it with any other words.

Call it an identity thing. Mate, if we all started talking in backslang you'd never understand us!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: September 18, 2016, 09:48:50 pm »

:D

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: September 18, 2016, 10:16:48 pm »
I must admit I switched the TV off as soon as they scored and put on the radio instead - couldn't bear watching it.

I couldn't really get a sense of the match as the commentators seemed to offer up hyperbole about how great a match this was turning into. Judging by peoples reactions, they didn't seem overly exerted but how did others here feel about it?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #934 on: September 18, 2016, 10:19:17 pm »
I must admit I switched the TV off as soon as they scored and put on the radio instead - couldn't bear watching it.

I couldn't really get a sense of the match as the commentators seemed to offer up hyperbole about how great a match this was turning into. Judging by peoples reactions, they didn't seem overly exerted but how did others here feel about it?
Listening to football on the radio is almost unbearably tense...

Which is a testament to the commentators skills I suppose...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: September 18, 2016, 11:25:36 pm »
It's a bastard when that happens Chops mate, once my d and i and a and m and o and n and d and s were all broke and some fucker released a song before me.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: September 18, 2016, 11:47:53 pm »

Have to say that I started to shoot myself down for beginning to feel after 70 minutes that we look OK to ride this out. Others have expressed it better on a tactical level etc, but I was giving myself hell for even thinking that shit. But we did, so, yeah... was pretty happy. ;)

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #937 on: September 19, 2016, 03:24:58 am »
I'm more worried abar Chopper's testicles

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: September 19, 2016, 07:57:18 am »
WTF, KILLER HEELS IS BEING POSITIVE????

BRACE YOURSELVES EVERYONE!! WE'RE WINNING THE LEAGUE...
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #939 on: September 19, 2016, 11:05:48 am »
I can't remember feeling that nervous before an early, early PL match in possibly forever. You get nerves before big games but this felt different, I felt sick and I think it's because we weren't going into this game as underdogs capable of raising their game and pulling off a result. We were there to go toe to toe with them and win the game, and know we could go toe to toe with them and win the game. They didn't play their part at all, and in the end I think it was fairly comfortable.

I said in the pre-match thread that this was easily our biggest test of the season to date and it came in two spells during that game - going out at 0-0 to break a solid Chelsea team down, then how we managed the game after they pulled one back. The last half hour of that game, as with the last 15 minutes against Arsenal were probably my favourite moments of the season to date. To take the ball and be so mature, so calm and not allow them the chance to get into any kind of attacking rhythm where they could peg us back and close us in was fantastic.

They showed a maturity that people thought we didn't have. Yeah we have individuals at the back who can cause individual mistakes and as unit we aren't quite there yet but when Chelsea scored, it felt as though people were waiting for us to fall apart. Maybe expecting Chelsea to force us back and make us defend for the rest of the game, so all we could do was counter-attack. I think LFC fans were thinking back to that last 15 against Arsenal and praying that we reverted to that type of LFC performance, rather than Southampton away last year, or even the Europa League final. And we did - we got the ball back and used it brilliantly, kept our shape and limited them to very few opportunities.

I was so impressed with this team on Friday night - hugely impressed. Maybe lessons have been learned - the lessons that stop us progressing at the rate we want.

Onto the next block of 5 fixtures. We did brilliantly to take 10 points from those - that should be the minimum requirement from the next 5 - none of those fixtures should frighten us but I think after those 5, we will know so much more about this side.

In terms of individuals, I was really impressed with the midfield 3 of Henderson, Lallana and Wjinaldum. After the Arsenal game I was worried, and never wanted to see that combination again but you can see what they are bringing to the table now - especially Wjinaldum who had another impressive game. Delighted for Henderson - hope he continues to add numbers to his game now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:09:14 am by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #940 on: September 19, 2016, 12:08:14 pm »
For some reason, I think Henderson will struggle to get on the scoresheet regularly. But when he does score it's going to be a worldie every time. 
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #941 on: September 19, 2016, 12:09:14 pm »

Amazing huh? I'm doubting my sanity here, cause this time around(as opposed to the doomed 13/14 season) I'm actually cautious and I can remember back then, we were trying to get her on the title-charge train. She got there eventually, but this time around I need a bit more convincing.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: September 19, 2016, 12:13:15 pm »

To be fair, I have been saying since the start of the season (and i think end of last season) that we can challenge for this league.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #943 on: September 19, 2016, 12:13:24 pm »
Friday night paid off. ;D

The win coupled with United's loss to Watford yesterday- while they were taking the piss out of our loss to Burnley these past few weeks, just makes it all the more satisfying.
We've made up and took points off all our rivals for 4th, so it's been a great start to the season. Burnley would've been nice, but those games come around once in a while and to be honest- in retrospect, I appreciate making up ground against your direct rivals more than the Burnley loss.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:16:25 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #944 on: September 19, 2016, 12:14:38 pm »
For some reason, I think Henderson will struggle to get on the scoresheet regularly. But when he does score it's going to be a worldie every time.
If he's continually played in that deeper role he will find it more difficult to score goals as he won't be getting into goal-scoring positions as often.

If he plays in one of the midfield positions further forward as he has done for most of his career his scoring and assists record is pretty decent. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #945 on: September 19, 2016, 12:20:04 pm »
Have LFC ever not taken all 3 points when they've played on a Friday :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: September 19, 2016, 12:41:32 pm »
He's not going to have much of a future if 3 pretty young guys in front of him in the squad for those attacking mid spots isn't enough and we need even more blocking his pathway.

Hopefully Tuesday in the cup.....

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: September 19, 2016, 12:49:54 pm »

That was so good. Such slick passing. Wasn't like Origi did a bad jb with the finish either. Shame it was Courtois in goal, he's a good keeper. Them and United both have a keeper as their best player this season. And we're better than both. Feeling good about this season now, very good.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #948 on: September 19, 2016, 12:50:41 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: September 19, 2016, 09:00:09 pm »

What you talking abar Willis?

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2016, 09:53:48 am »
Have LFC ever not taken all 3 points when they've played on a Friday :)

Erm, well there was a certain Arsenal game in the late 80's that I'd prefer not to remember!

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: September 20, 2016, 10:25:44 am »
"two weeks ago everybody was asking what's wrong with Liverpool? Quiet transfer market - 5 midfield players, 8 left backs whatever"

fucking loved that from Klopp. laughed out loud at the 8 left backs. maybe he'd been viewing the shitchat transfer thread after all
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #952 on: September 20, 2016, 01:18:10 pm »
"two weeks ago everybody was asking what's wrong with Liverpool? Quiet transfer market - 5 midfield players, 8 left backs whatever"

fucking loved that from Klopp. laughed out loud at the 8 left backs. maybe he'd been viewing the shitchat transfer thread after all
He dares to question the wisdom of seasoned pros on RAWK? Who does he think he is!
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #953 on: September 20, 2016, 01:44:40 pm »

Yeah it's a shame for him none of our players ever get injured.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: September 20, 2016, 04:03:51 pm »
Haven't seen it talked or mentioned a lot (Admittedly I've been away from Footy since pretty much 21:45 Friday!) but how composed was the finish from Lovren? Back post, half volley on the rise and just passed past a very very good keeper! If that finish were from one or two other players in the league, you'd never hear the end of it.

Please for Dejan, took a lot of stick and rightly so in the first year, but has turned it around with Klopp. Good on him and long may it continue.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: September 20, 2016, 04:49:21 pm »
Friday night paid off. ;D

The win coupled with United's loss to Watford yesterday- while they were taking the piss out of our loss to Burnley these past few weeks, just makes it all the more satisfying.
We've made up and took points off all our rivals for 4th, so it's been a great start to the season. Burnley would've been nice, but those games come around once in a while and to be honest- in retrospect, I appreciate making up ground against your direct rivals more than the Burnley loss.

In fairness we were missing what looks like two of our most crucial players so far this season in Mane and Matip.  Could have been a completely different outcome with those two.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: September 24, 2016, 10:48:34 am »
In fairness we were missing what looks like two of our most crucial players so far this season in Mane and Matip.  Could have been a completely different outcome with those two.
Shouldn't the point nowadays be that LiverpoolFC's fortune no longer rotates around 2 individuals?

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #957 on: October 6, 2016, 05:27:33 pm »
I've enjoyed this win again since we've done Hull and Swansea.