Author Topic: Klopp's Biggest Task  (Read 53592 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Klopp's Biggest Task
« Reply #160 on: May 4, 2016, 12:53:31 pm »
Whilst agreeing with the OP and finding the level of fuckwitted kneejerkery insane, I think it's worth framing the context.

Most fans in their 30's/40's/50's will have had a chunk of their growing-up years seeing Liverpool sweeping all before them as the dominant team. To then see that smashed away by a succession of poor managerial choices & transfer incompetence through 2/3 decades would be bad enough. To have our despised rivals not only take our 'top club' mantle, but overhaul what we all thought was an unassailable league title tally. It's fucking rank. And it breeds impatience. We've had teasers of a return to sustained glory in the barren years, only for that to evaporate as quickly as it came, but these have raised expectations that title success isn't really that far away if only a couple more things would go our way.

Impatience is counter-productive and raised expectations (with the tantrums when we have set-backs) can bring a toxicity to the atmosphere. But I can understand those feelings - because part of me is just like that. And I'm sure that applies to all of us to some extent. But most of us realise that we have a top class manager now who needs to be given time to work through his project. Success might come next season, might be the year after. But we need to get behind him and trust his vision.

Superb
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #161 on: May 4, 2016, 01:13:15 pm »
Whilst agreeing with the OP and finding the level of fuckwitted kneejerkery insane, I think it's worth framing the context.

Most fans in their 30's/40's/50's will have had a chunk of their growing-up years seeing Liverpool sweeping all before them as the dominant team. To then see that smashed away by a succession of poor managerial choices & transfer incompetence through 2/3 decades would be bad enough. To have our despised rivals not only take our 'top club' mantle, but overhaul what we all thought was an unassailable league title tally. It's fucking rank. And it breeds impatience. We've had teasers of a return to sustained glory in the barren years, only for that to evaporate as quickly as it came, but these have raised expectations that title success isn't really that far away if only a couple more things would go our way.

Impatience is counter-productive and raised expectations (with the tantrums when we have set-backs) can bring a toxicity to the atmosphere. But I can understand those feelings - because part of me is just like that. And I'm sure that applies to all of us to some extent. But most of us realise that we have a top class manager now who needs to be given time to work through his project. Success might come next season, might be the year after. But we need to get behind him and trust his vision.

Well said sir. I am in my 40's and saw us as the pinnacle so I know exactly where you are coming from. We have a class manager who realises that harnessing a real team spirit and bond with the fans is just a crucial as the right signings and all the other things we discuss. Leicester anyone ? Precisely. We can all see a style of play developing which, at times, has been demonstrated as demolishing teams, including those with plenty of quality themselves. Any manager needs time. Any manager needs our full support. Give our current manager those things and we are already on our way. I can feel it in my waters....and that's a good indicator as any for me !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #162 on: May 4, 2016, 01:18:51 pm »
The reaction was mostly because Villarreal scored in the last minute which was sickening because we looked more likely to score than Villarreal did. We then got immediate knee jerk reactions. The only decision Klopp got wrong I think was not bringing on Sturridge after 60-70 mins.

I'm using you as an example, not picking on you, but if people would write "The only thing I didn't understand was Klopp not bringing in Sturridge after 60-70 minutes..." then it would open up the thread for discussion instead of closing it off with a statement of fact or your opinion.

"The only decision Klopp got wrong I think was not bringing on Sturridge after 60-70 mins." is a statement that the rest of us can choose to either agree with or disagree with.

I suppose it all depends on whether people think of places like RAWK as somewhere for interaction or a place to make you make your mark and vent.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 4, 2016, 01:26:24 pm »
I have stated in other posts that this is not only a learning curve for Klopp in regards to the players at his disposal and their relative strengths and weaknesses , but also a learning curve for him on the league and the mentality of the fans media etc etc.

Possibly but I'd be wary of following that narrative - the whole 'foreign manager not getting the English game thing' - which was one of the sticks used to beat Rafa, especially in the world of punditry (Steve Claridge I'm looking at you lad).
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: May 4, 2016, 01:37:13 pm »
If that ever happens, mark my words, I will move to France, somewhere down south, and support Marseille. I will be done with English Football.
We have done that once already with Rafael Benitez; surely we won't do it twice????

I'll be doing similar.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #165 on: May 4, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »
Wonderful, wonderful OP. Pitch perfect.

Some fantastic replies and further thinking on it too - SpAl, Alan and HH plus a few other notable contributions - reminds me of old RAWK which is a joy.

There is no question that post-Istanbul something changed but I often wonder if it also just coincided with the continued explosion of interest in the 24-hour analysis of footy. By 2006 if you wanted a 24-hour feed on English, British, European or British football you could have it. If you wanted wall to wall analysis and random thought on anything to do with LFC you could have that too. That space was available so it had to be filled. Often with utter shite. Shockjock / TalkShite bollocks and Sly punditry are the most obvious examples but it's also the 'expert' analysis from the Paddy Barclays of the world - spoonfeeding syrupy excrement to those who were desperate for the latest 'news'. Then there are the forums.

No restrictions and the potential for YOUR VERY SPECIAL AND INTERESTING view to be read all over the world?? You fucking betcha!!
And the world piles in with a view.

I largely think this is reflected in every other aspect of society. Look at the comments under Guardian or BBC news articles. Better still get your HazMat suit on and take a peek at the Daily Mail for a slice of life you'd rather have remained ignorant of.

That it's reflected elsewhere shouldn't make it acceptable here though. Not in our club and not on this forum IMO.
We've always been something special. We've always done it differently. Just because there are thousands of supporters that don't understand that doesn't mean we should change. We should continue to be 'the best supporters in the world' and I think with Jurgen we can recover that mantle.

I totally agree with HH - what gives us the right to be 'livid' about anything other than the result?

He'll bring us success and with that will come belief and a whole new wave of whoppers who can't distinguish the difference between belief and self-entitlement. I hope he gets his feet right under the table and starts to use his position to call out those who don't share the mindset much more directly in the coming two or three seasons. Hopefully that will be the beginning of an education for some supporters of this club because (unfortunately) Garstonite just doesn't have the same pulling power as Jurgen.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 4, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »

Great post!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 4, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »
That it's reflected elsewhere shouldn't make it acceptable here though. Not in our club and not on this forum IMO.

We've always been something special. We've always done it differently. Just because there are thousands of supporters that don't understand that doesn't mean we should change. We should continue to be 'the best supporters in the world' and I think with Jurgen we can recover that mantle.

I totally agree with HH - what gives us the right to be 'livid' about anything other than the result?

Absolutely.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #168 on: May 4, 2016, 03:19:18 pm »
For me it is the same old nonsense. Certain fans put players up on pedestal's and when there is a perceived rift the manager gets it in the neck. With Ged it was Fowler, with Rafa it was Carra, with Rodgers it was Sakho and now Klopp is getting it in the neck because Sturridge is a fans favourite and isn't starting.

The media as always look to peddle shite and some people fall for it hook line and sinker. There were even people last season lambasting the manager for not selecting Balotelli. It is fucking nuts, corrosive and destabilising. The Clubs that pull above their weight tend to have a great team spirit, a collective effort and fans who support the collective and not just the flavour of the month perceived superstar who is just passing through.

We need to forget about massaging ego's, looking for icons and get back to supporting the 11 who have earned the right to wear the shirt.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #169 on: May 4, 2016, 03:34:26 pm »
For me it is the same old nonsense. Certain fans put players up on pedestal's and when there is a perceived rift the manager gets it in the neck. With Ged it was Fowler, with Rafa it was Carra, with Rodgers it was Sakho and now Klopp is getting it in the neck because Sturridge is a fans favourite and isn't starting.

The media as always look to peddle shite and some people fall for it hook line and sinker. There were even people last season lambasting the manager for not selecting Balotelli. It is fucking nuts, corrosive and destabilising. The Clubs that pull above their weight tend to have a great team spirit, a collective effort and fans who support the collective and not just the flavour of the month perceived superstar who is just passing through.

We need to forget about massaging ego's, looking for icons and get back to supporting the 11 who have earned the right to wear the shirt.

Good point that.
In the current environment with kids (of all ages) being fed the dream of the player, the lifestyle, the money, the brand, the zzzzz then it's impossible to think we'd not have a large % of our supporter hanging onto favourites.
I did it back in the 70's - Keegan, Kenny, Rushie, Molby, Digger and so on and so on - the difference is I hadn't a clue what boots most of them were wearing let alone what they earned, what they wore or did off the pitch or what brands they were endorsing. It was just different. So the superstars and their egos are here to stay - I think the difference is that we should ALWAYS support the team and ALWAYS back the managers call over a player.

There's lots to despise about old Whiskynose but he took no shit (apart from on the hard shoulder obviously) and if that meant a superstar getting the boot to maintain his control over the team and stability (as he saw it) then that's what happened.
If Jurgen tried to hoof Sakho, Phil and Sturridge at the moment like Ferguson did to Stam, Keane and Beckham there'd be riots. I'd hope we don't ever get to a stage where our manager feels the need to ditch some of our best-performing players, but if he does then I'd trust that he's doing it for the right reasons (this isn't the same era as G&H or Hodge). I just can't imagine a time in the future when he'd have sufficient goodwill and authority to make such a move without the internet collapsing under the weight of angry posts.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #170 on: May 4, 2016, 03:48:40 pm »
My favorite is the manager. If he wants to bench or SELL anyone that's cool with me.

I don't understand the fume, no manager gets it right (whatever that actually means) all the time. My expectation is just the he will use his methods to improve the first team and move the club in the right direction. And he will be ambitious to win titles, not to qualify for anything as a big target.

I think now people like to believe in their own "expertise" or pet theories more than they like to respect a manager. That is the twitter age.

Fuck it.

Klopp's biggest task is to win the league, which miracles aside in the Midlands, is now a harder task than it was in the 1980s/90s.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2016, 11:07:14 pm »
Great OP and some really good posts in here.

Personally, I tend to avoid the post-match threads if we've lost a game. The signal to noise ratio just isn't worthwhile. People want to vent, and rightly or wrongly, they see that as the place to do it. Things are said in the heat of the moment that aren't in the spirit of what we like to believe Liverpool FC and RAWK should look like.

In the colder light of day, though, when it comes to second guessing the manager, denigrating the players because of media bollocks or "body language" or whatever other nonsense, that becomes toxic and people don't take responsibility for the impact of their words.

I'm not convinced there is a solution to that, though. You can't shout at negative people to make them positive. I've tried, trust me, it never works. I sometimes see it as "supporters" who support the team and "fans" who are there to be entertained. Obviously there's a bit of both those things in all of us. And it's easy to forget that your job is to support the team in the heat of the moment when someone does something that makes you go "oh, for fucks sake!" - and we're all guilty of that from time to time.

All you can really do is try and maintain the good stuff, post intelligent pieces like the above. Try not to get dragged into the daft arguments (easier said than done) and just trust in the end, that the good voices are strong enough, distinctive enough, interesting enough and valid enough to let the case for positive support make itself clear. So if you do find yourself in one of those post-match threads (which hopefully we won't see again this season anyway) the best course of action is probably not to engage with the doomsayers at all, but find those insightful, intelligent posts, quote them, praise them, respond in kind and try to build an alternative discussion within and alongside the rants and the miseries.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 5, 2016, 10:13:34 pm »
I don't care if we get relegated next season. I really don't. I know I'm a little high after the win tonight, but I really don't give a flying fuck if we don't win anything for the next 20 bloody years - I'll still want a Jurgen Klopp fist pump. I'll still want one of those weird guerning close ups of his, and I'll still want his words and passion.

This boss is a boss boss.

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #173 on: May 5, 2016, 10:49:46 pm »
Biggest task will be keeping our feet on the ground because I am flying right now!

Klopp has given us our wings back.

If I had the wings of an eagle, the dirty black arse of a crow..........
« Last Edit: May 6, 2016, 07:06:31 am by ABZ Rover »
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #174 on: May 5, 2016, 11:10:42 pm »
Klopp's biggest task is turning ALL the doubters into believers. .. players,  fans, Internet forum warriors. .. The lot. 

I think he might just do 2 out of three. ... I know what my prediction for the 2 would be

"We have to turn from  doubters to believers. ....

Now!"
Believe...

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 8, 2016, 08:36:00 am »
I have to say, one area which had gone to the bin was defence. We have made massive strides in defence in the last couple of months. With tge the current players,  that is a good achievement.
I have been following Matip since we signed him,  and he is a man monster. Absolute delight of a defender. Think Hyppia mixed with speed and Carras positioning sense,  with Sakhos distribution. He has speed as well. Great buy, he still can improve as well so Kloppo I bow to thee wisdom in snatching him.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #176 on: May 8, 2016, 02:20:19 pm »
I am an intellectual guy, I read a lot about tactics and coaching and these things, I was inspired to learn about the technical side in Rafa's days, I adored the man and he was a genius. Klopp was my number one pick last off season when it looked like Rodgers might get sacked, I still can't believe we got him. I watch most matches with my yank Mrs who I've educated in football and she loves it now, anyway usually I will say "he should put player x on" or we need to hold the ball a bit better and be more patient in possession and then immediately Klopp will make that exact sub or they'll show him screaming out those exact orders, to a football nerd like me the guy is fucking incredible. Everything he does and says makes so much sense he is a very willful manager, he has very string beliefs and ideas and he is principled. When you tale the time to research and understand the man, its very hard not to have faith in him. It's not just the titles in Germany, his personality and character are ideal for the Premier League and Liverpool. Rafa was a great guy, but he struggled to communicate his perspective to everyone, he pissed off a lot of players and others in the game because of this. Klopp is like the perfect lovechild of Ferguson and Saachi - Great tactics (I suspect Buvac is the tactical genius), Great motivator, Great man management, Great supporter and media personality, above all he is a LEADER. We need to construct the cult of personality around him, make oppositions fear him and make football respect him. A great leader can build a great machine out of sub standard parts, he can extract every last ounce of effort from his team. Klopp is the best manager in the world for our club, there is no one else on this planet who is better, we need to make sure we make the most of it. Great thread.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2016, 02:31:33 pm »
A bit of constructive criticism. Use paragraphs so that people can read what you write:

I am an intellectual guy, I read a lot about tactics and coaching and these things, I was inspired to learn about the technical side in Rafa's days, I adored the man and he was a genius. Klopp was my number one pick last off season when it looked like Rodgers might get sacked, I still can't believe we got him.

I watch most matches with my yank Mrs who I've educated in football and she loves it now, anyway usually I will say "he should put player x on" or we need to hold the ball a bit better and be more patient in possession and then immediately Klopp will make that exact sub or they'll show him screaming out those exact orders, to a football nerd like me the guy is fucking incredible.

Everything he does and says makes so much sense he is a very willful manager, he has very strong beliefs and ideas and he is principled. When you take the time to research and understand the man, its very hard not to have faith in him. It's not just the titles in Germany, his personality and character are ideal for the Premier League and Liverpool.

Rafa was a great guy, but he struggled to communicate his perspective to everyone, he pissed off a lot of players and others in the game because of this. Klopp is like the perfect lovechild of Ferguson and Saachi - Great tactics (I suspect Buvac is the tactical genius), Great motivator, Great man management, Great supporter and media personality, above all he is a LEADER.

We need to construct the cult of personality around him, make oppositions fear him and make football respect him. A great leader can build a great machine out of sub standard parts, he can extract every last ounce of effort from his team. Klopp is the best manager in the world for our club, there is no one else on this planet who is better, we need to make sure we make the most of it. Great thread.

Yours is just a block of words. I couldn't read it until I broke it up.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 9, 2016, 12:25:41 am »
I'm curious how he will handle the transfer business this summer. Before Klopp took the job, many fans were looking at players like Lallana, Milner, Lovren, Origi, Joe Allen as a potential sell for the summer. Now it looks like more than likely Benteke and Skrtel will leave, maybe Lucas/Kolo but we may need their presence and experience. So after the success we had in the cups and clear improvement in players, let's see how he will create space for the new buys.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #179 on: May 9, 2016, 07:54:48 am »
I'm curious how he will handle the transfer business this summer. Before Klopp took the job, many fans were looking at players like Lallana, Milner, Lovren, Origi, Joe Allen as a potential sell for the summer. Now it looks like more than likely Benteke and Skrtel will leave, maybe Lucas/Kolo but we may need their presence and experience. So after the success we had in the cups and clear improvement in players, let's see how he will create space for the new buys.

And at the same time, let's not fall into the trap of getting all "Football Manager" about who he should move on.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #180 on: May 9, 2016, 09:17:05 am »
I am an intellectual guy

I read 

usually I will say "he should put player x on" or we need to hold the ball a bit better and be more patient in possession and then immediately Klopp will make that exact sub or they'll show him screaming out those exact orders

You're kind of a big deal? Your apartment smells of rich mahogany and you have many leather bound books?

You are big Sam (long time lurker) and I claim my 5 bit coin.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 9, 2016, 09:58:05 am »
I am an intellectual guy, I read a lot about tactics and coaching and these things, I was inspired to learn about the technical side in Rafa's days, I adored the man and he was a genius. Klopp was my number one pick last off season when it looked like Rodgers might get sacked, I still can't believe we got him. I watch most matches with my yank Mrs who I've educated in football and she loves it now, anyway usually I will say "he should put player x on" or we need to hold the ball a bit better and be more patient in possession and then immediately Klopp will make that exact sub or they'll show him screaming out those exact orders, to a football nerd like me the guy is fucking incredible. Everything he does and says makes so much sense he is a very willful manager, he has very string beliefs and ideas and he is principled. When you tale the time to research and understand the man, its very hard not to have faith in him. It's not just the titles in Germany, his personality and character are ideal for the Premier League and Liverpool. Rafa was a great guy, but he struggled to communicate his perspective to everyone, he pissed off a lot of players and others in the game because of this. Klopp is like the perfect lovechild of Ferguson and Saachi - Great tactics (I suspect Buvac is the tactical genius), Great motivator, Great man management, Great supporter and media personality, above all he is a LEADER. We need to construct the cult of personality around him, make oppositions fear him and make football respect him. A great leader can build a great machine out of sub standard parts, he can extract every last ounce of effort from his team. Klopp is the best manager in the world for our club, there is no one else on this planet who is better, we need to make sure we make the most of it. Great thread.
Great post. Not so great formatting  :P

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 9, 2016, 12:51:32 pm »
Not sure how to embed videos on here anymore, but this is worth a watch if you're into biting your fist with rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS24eEfHv9E#t=86

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2016, 10:54:19 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-hit-liverpool-fc-players-11325820

A talk of triple sessions in the pre-season, it`s clear Klopp is determined to make us one of the fittest teams in the league.

Now that Verheijen guy has a point in terms of over-training  in pre-season and all that but when I look at Spurs you constantly hear about them having double and triple sessions even during the season and they are easily the fittest team in the league and what`s more important they don`t have any injuries whatsoever and it`s due to the level of their fitness which minimizes risk of injuries especially soft tissue ones.

It makes me really happy to know we`ll be one of the most fittest, endurable sides in the league which will not only help with our geggenpressing and all that but even more importantly we should have all our important players available for the majority of next season ( knock on wood ). If we beat Sevilla I hope we`ll be playing kids in domestic cups on focus on just two competitions to increase our time to train and recover.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2016, 10:57:34 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-hit-liverpool-fc-players-11325820

A talk of triple sessions in the pre-season, it`s clear Klopp is determined to make us one of the fittest teams in the league.

Now that Verheijen guy has a point in terms of over-training  in pre-season and all that but when I look at Spurs you constantly hear about them having double and triple sessions even during the season and they are easily the fittest team in the league and what`s more important they don`t have any injuries whatsoever and it`s due to the level of their fitness which minimizes risk of injuries especially soft tissue ones.

It makes me really happy to know we`ll be one of the most fittest, endurable sides in the league which will not only help with our geggenpressing and all that but even more importantly we should have all our important players available for the majority of next season ( knock on wood ). If we beat Sevilla I hope we`ll be playing kids in domestic cups on focus on just two competitions to increase our time to train and recover.

Also

This comes with Klopp poaching a second member of Bayern Munich’s impressive fitness staff, with leading nutritionist Mona Nemmer set to join alongside fitness expert Andreas Kornmayer.

Emmer joined Bayern under Pep Guardiola, and has also worked with the Germany U21s.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2016, 11:01:58 pm »

just to play devil's advocate: Klopps' dortmund more or less every season had a reasonable amount of injury problems, and, of course, there was the major crisis in his final season. Reus, Gundogan, Gotze and others had significant problems with injuries.

Gotze apparently said when he moved to Bayern that he felt like any more time playing for Klopp's Dortmund would have caused his body to break down, or words to that effect.

So is he necessarily doing what Pochettino and Spurs are doing?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2016, 10:50:38 pm »
Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp: ‘It is up to the team to make Anfield atmosphere better’

• Klopp: The atmosphere is closely linked with success of the team
• Manager also praises the young players at the club

Jürgen Klopp has said that it is up to the Liverpool players and himself to make the atmosphere at Anfield better. The manager has spoken about the crowd’s importance several times in his first season at the club, from bemoaning the fact that fans left early when they lost against Crystal Palace to thanking them for creating the atmosphere to see the team through on European nights.

Klopp, speaking to German magazine 11Freunde, said: “I always find it funny that people want this great atmosphere even if the team is playing poor football. Atmosphere is also very closely linked to the success of the team and in Liverpool there haven’t been any huge successes for a while.

“But we are about to change things around. You could see what happened against Manchester United [with the atmosphere]. That had a lot to do about who the opposition was and the rivalry with them but we have to get to a place that that happens because we are on the pitch, not because of who the opponents are.”

Klopp’s side, who play West Bromwich Albion on Sunday in their last league game of the season before the Europa League final against Sevilla on Wednesday, have won only eight of 19 home games this season, drawing another eight and losing three.

One of those draws was against West Bromwich Albion, after which Klopp and his players ran up towards the Kop several times to thank them for the support. “That was probably the biggest misunderstanding of my time in Liverpool so far,” Klopp told 11Freunde. “The thing that made me so unbelievably pleased was [not the point won] but the fact that the fans had stayed until the end and not gone home like three weeks before that [against Crystal Palace].

“No one moaned, everyone just wanted that damn equaliser and then, we got it, and the stadium exploded. We also had the late winner against Norwich, have beaten Manchester City in the league and Manchester United in the Europa League. All in all, the points we have in the league and our position in the league is not what we want but we have shown what is possible to achieve.”

The manager also praised the young players at the club, having used several of them over the season, especially in the FA Cup. Players such as Kevin Stewart, Sheyi Ojo, Cameron Brannagan, Ryan Kent and Jerome Sinclair have made first-team appearances this season and Klopp believes the future is bright.

“We have some great young players here with the talent to make it. We just have to choose the right moment to bring them into such a high-pressure league,” Klopp said.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/14/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-atmosphere-anfield-better

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2016, 10:34:21 pm »
“What are you doing here?” Klopp asked.

“Speaking about you!” Lallana said.

“Ask him if he knows when Spurs start pre-season training?” Klopp joked in a reference to recent speculation linking the England international with a summer move to White Hart Lane.

“Too late, we have already spoken about that,” Lallana responded.

“I asked him and he said July 1,” Klopp said before descending into laughter.

“I thought you were being serious,” Lallana insisted.

“Are you crazy!” Klopp added before heading back out the door.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

How can you not adore Klopp.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2016, 01:31:44 am »

“Ask him if he knows when Spurs start pre-season training?” Klopp joked in a reference to recent speculation linking the England international with a summer move to White Hart Lane.

When did that happen??
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2016, 09:19:39 am »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2016, 02:08:43 pm »

I do adore him, as said above we actually went out and got the absolute best manager in the world for Liverpool Football Club. I hope he stays 15-20 years.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2016, 04:16:40 pm »
JÜRGEN KLOPP AND THE SUBTLE ART OF GESAMTKUNSTWERK

If you’ll forgive me for veering momentarily towards the preposterously pretentious, we must briefly visit the school of aesthetics. The philosophy of art and its borderless study of beauty and taste may appear needlessly decadent for a footballing tale, but bare with me. For it is within these subjects’ broad and deep parameters that we find recent acceptance and fashionable use of some intriguing German vocabulary.

Linguistically ‘Gesamtkunstwerk’ might be the most German-sounding word in the German language. On paper it appears impossibly consonant-rich and of fear-inducing length. Monolingual folk or non-German speakers may fear dislocating their jaw at the word’s half-way mark.

As with many German words, an almost playfully beautiful meaning hides behind those brazen tones. Needless to say, there is no direct English translation. However, it has been agreed that Gesamtkunstwerk is essentially a descriptor of a complete and total work of art, a synthetic product which uses several different art forms within its essence.

It is a mere seven months since Jürgen Klopp, the self-proclaimed ‘normal one’, enamoured himself to Liverpool fans, and appealed to an excitedly curious wider audience. Only in the duplicitous world of modern football could a man stick out like the proverbial sore thumb for being entirely normal.

And make no mistake, Klopp is normal. As a contrast to many of his peers, Klopp sees, thinks, does and speaks as a mere mortal. In this season’s Premier League only Claudio Ranieri comes close to such admirable and lofty levels of groundedness. In differing styles, Klopp and Ranieri delight by refusing to play the monotonous game of interview clichés, and their personalities have positively impacted their squads.

Totally and genuinely dumbfounded by the prolonged hype surrounding his October appointment, Klopp pleaded his simple wish to be left alone and begin his work. It is here that we find Klopp’s Gesamtkunstwerk. Celebrating tackles like goals is part and parcel. Work, and the individual endeavours of it’s process – is the ‘total art’ of Klopp and Liverpool.

At Anfield on 5 May 2016, this art was framed and mounted with a fitting backdrop. Amidst emotional and nostalgic hues, and a cacophonous soundtrack, Liverpool’s Europa League semi-final was Gesamtkunstwerk in its purest form. Technically, it wasn’t the most polished display of football, and naivety hovered in the air. Fingernails may have been chewed upon, but Liverpool’s commitment was mesmerizing and relentless. Villarreal found themselves harried, pressed and pressured within an inch of their lives.

The collective of a talented yet inconsistent goalkeeper, a valued though erratic defence, a midfield mix of frantic and fluent, and a forward line that flickered between ferocious and sublime, all cast aside their individual failings. They covered for one another and hunted in packs. Sheer work rate papered over cracks, hid the flaws, and allowed individual talents to shine. It clicked. The Gesamtkunstwerk was far greater than the simple sum of their individual ability.

The bond and work rate implemented and lauded by Klopp is an art form.

Liverpool of the late-Rodgers era were often labelled a team lacking identity. Faced with remnants of a squad struggling to replace Luis Suárez and Steven Gerrard, Klopp has found and instilled real value in what lay in front of him.

The polarising Simon Mignolet: praised, trusted and rewarded with a new contract. An often erratic backline have been allowed to make mistakes whilst being lauded for their qualities. In turn, mistakes are fewer and confidence is increasing. Similar examples can be found across the midfield, where injuries have meant enforced rotation has been another barrier.

Attack is where Klopp shows just how highly he values work-rate. Christian Benteke has found himself out of favour, while the energetic and hungry Divock Origi has flourished. Caught somewhere between the two – and in more ways than one – Daniel Sturridge has patiently played his way back to fitness, and poses a healthy dilemma. The dance has been replaced as a goal celebration, and the wild-eyed outpouring of emotion appears to communicate he’s more than on board.

Domestically, Klopp has accepted the inconsistency of a team in transition. A process is a process, and transformation doesn’t come overnight. In the midst of an outlandishly unconventional Premier League season, Klopp and Liverpool have largely brushed aside their league table position. Blips such as the 3-0 reverse at Watford will punctuate the side’s form for a while to come.

Knock-out football is where the most accurate indicators of Liverpool under Klopp are to be found, and early signs look promising. Ringing to a tune somewhere between heavy metal and stadium rock, Liverpool have made their way to two cup finals since October. Their path hasn’t always been smooth.

By December, ‘Gegenpressing’ had misinformed pundits crying foul on Klopp the evil dictator. Prior to January’s FA Cup tie at Exeter, Liverpool had 11 first-team players out injured, seven of which were suffering hamstring strains. Whilst slightly adapting his training methods, and tweaking the individual fitness training of each player, Klopp remained defiant and positive.

Gripes with English football’s bloated winter fixture list quickly diminished. Liverpool and Klopp took Exeter as an opportunity to lavish responsibility and value on to their youth and squad players. If a collective indulgence in hard graft is Klopp’s Gesamtkunstwerk, what better practical lesson for a young footballer than a third round FA Cup tie at Exeter?

With a chill in the air, rain in the dark night sky, and pre-match interview in a very modest kitchen, Liverpool’s adventure on England’s south coast could have gone either way. Despite less than a week of training, the impressionable youth and hungry squad players were already doctrinated.

Klopp’s man-management makes him an easy man to please. He requires no more than committed application. More importantly, though, Klopp exudes a personality which makes it easy for players to want to please him.

During an understandably stuttering performance, Klopp’s hastily assembled side had enough character to come from behind twice to secure a 2-2 draw at St James Park. Exeter were swept aside in the reply.

The 5-4 victory at Carrow Road and the Europa League quarter-final second-leg victory against Borussia Dortmund are other examples of the same principles at play. Big victories snatched from the hands of defeat are only possible if a team never stops working.

Liverpool are, at the moment, a tactical design, a group of players, and a team-sheet some distance from Klopp’s perfect team. However, they are a team that understand the basic yet powerful principles of Gesamtkunstwerk and thoroughly deserve all of their improbable victories. The Anfield faithful have good reason to be licking their lips at the prospect of Klopp’s Liverpool two or three years from now.

In another trait which appears on the contrary to many of his peers, and one that should delight Liverpool fans, Klopp appears to form a deep-rooted loyalty with his clubs. After all, one cannot preach benefits of work and long-term processes if they’re moving clubs every three years.

As a raw and awkwardly talented forward, and after three years of lower-league football with various clubs around Frankfurt, a 23-year-old Klopp signed for Mainz 05 in 1990. After five years he wasn’t so much converted, but rather reverted to the role a rugged defender. The position, and Klopp’s evident capacity to inspire those around him via sheer endeavour, hinted at leadership qualities to come.

In 2001, Klopp retired a one-club man and was immediately appointed as Mainz’s new manager. The relationship moved to the next level and remained fruitful for both parties. Klopp guided an unfancied Mainz to their first Bundesliga promotion and secured UEFA Cup qualification. The lows consisted of a relegation and a subsequent failed attempt at swift promotion. Klopp resigned in May 2008 and was appointed Dortmund manager later that month.

Again, seven years was the duration of his Dortmund love affair. Again, it was a tenure defined by unity, work, and the sheer hunger of beating the odds. Klopp famously took Dortmund to successive Bundesliga titles, a Champions League final and a German Cup victory. These achievements were based upon two modest seasons of top six finishes as Klopp instilled his vision and gesamtkunstwerk, and sprinkled the squad with his own signings.

Exhausted and emotional after 318 matches in the Westfalenstadion dugout, Klopp embarked on the sabbatical which ultimately led to an Anfield appointment.

In consistently valuing the Europa League, Klopp has endorsed a truism about the competition which is rarely recognised. The notion that the Europa League is only a valuable cup competition because it serves as a Champions League entrance ticket is absurd. As Klopp and his team have shown, and supporters have come to recognise, the Europa League is a valuable cup because it offers a platform for victory. A chance of success. A European final in it’s own right. It’s pregnant belly swells with moments of glory, waiting to burst out and be cherished.

Similar sound-bytes were given in February prior to the League Cup final. Played out at the tail end of a long winter, the season’s first domestic cup final is rarely seen in a desirable light. The League Cup is a nuisance to clubs in the Champions League. It’s portrayed as a minor trophy of little significance.

Unsuccessful as they may have been against Manchester City, this tender Liverpool squad will have learnt several valuable lessons in the loss. For football purists of integrity – which is what Klopp is – lessons of added pathos and deeper value come in defeat. In years to come, one may argue that first the chance of silverware for Klopp’s Liverpool was a defining moment. Not because it was a celebration of winning together, but because of the sharp learning curves defeat produced.

As UEFA offered its standard advice to fans without tickets not to travel to the Europa League final, Klopp was again wonderfully off-message. His comments – which were later re-defined – after the semi-final that traveling to Basel “is worth [going] even if you do not have a ticket to enjoy the city”, reaffirmed the powerful notion that the occasion is all-encompassing. That moment of possible glory is of much higher value than any one individual. Gesamtkunstwerk is open to supporters, too.

In spurring on the Liverpool fans with such notions, Klopp creates a swell of interest, strength in number and a boundless unity. As time passes, these messages affirm, and as long as performances continue to steadily improve, winning becomes a habit. Victory against Sevilla, and Klopp will see Liverpool just as ravenous for more. Defeat against Sevilla and Gesamtkunstwerk will ensure Liverpool start next season all the more hungry.

Win or lose, the art is in the application.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/05/15/jurgen-klopp-and-the-subtle-art-of-gesamtkunstwerk/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
A Call to Arms
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2016, 10:35:53 pm »
That's what I just listened to.

20 mins. TAW Player. Jurgen Klopp. Andrew Heaton asks about how much difference the crowd makes. It frames the next 10/15 mins

Listen to him.
Listen to the boss.

10/15 minutes later he's explained, defined, argued, recounted, pleaded. He's used this interview.  He's talking directly to you. The match going red, the match viewing red, the watch with mates red, the watch alone red. Every fucking one of us. He's given examples, moments, memories and dreams. Why not? Why can't we do this? He asks..

I get criticism he says. But for 90, support, believe, give it all. You got a ticket? Well then the boss expects you to perform just as much as Albie Moreno. Bear that in mind after bitching for 90 and taking to RAWK, twitter or whatever over whoever has had a bad 90. How was your 90? Did you put all that shit aside? Did ya get behind the reds? Did you act as a liverpool supporter?

All that other structure and rigidity to your life, he argues, why apply it to these 90 minutes? To these defined chain of events? Why cannot we get better and triumph, and fight,  and dominate, succeed.

Ladies and gentlemen, Jurgen Klopp is our Manager.

He wants to win .

He's just asked if you're with him

He wants everyone to support, to believe, to unite.

How about that for a change.

Up the reds. Up Jurgen.  Up Unity

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: A Call to Arms
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2016, 11:07:37 pm »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2016, 11:09:11 pm »
I love Jurgen Klopp
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2016, 11:15:31 pm »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 31, 2016, 11:19:17 pm »
https://youtu.be/lO9SK3GAIhY

Ha! Not heard it before!

Fair point and morally sound, I think, where living/leading your life is concerned.

But football and being a supporter? For 90 minutes? While retaining the freedom to bitch/rebel/protest after and before?

Fuck that dude. Up the reds

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2016, 11:25:38 pm »