Author Topic: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!  (Read 119288 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!
« Reply #1280 on: April 21, 2024, 10:52:13 pm »
Wasn’t aware of the allegations but just looked it up… hmmmmm, doesn’t look great. Even if you take his version of events at face value, he sounds like a bit of a prick.
This was a thing before and I still don't get it. If having consensual sex with 18+ teenage fans is cancel fodder, you might as well eliminate every male rock band or hip hop collective in history from appreciation together with a fair few of the women. It doesn't affect the quality of their music or art - not unless they're specifically singing about good sexual practices or relations with teenagers.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: April 21, 2024, 11:11:02 pm »
This was a thing before and I still don't get it. If having consensual sex with 18+ teenage fans is cancel fodder, you might as well eliminate every male rock band or hip hop collective in history from appreciation together with a fair few of the women. It doesn't affect the quality of their music or art - not unless they're specifically singing about good sexual practices or relations with teenagers.

Times change… I agree that what he’s accused of sounds pretty tame by Rock God standards but it’s not entirely clear that the relationships were genuinely consensual.

Anyway, I’m not cancelling him because of his behaviour, I’m cancelling him because of the outrageous price of tickets to see his band.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1282 on: April 22, 2024, 01:13:54 pm »
Times change… I agree that what he’s accused of sounds pretty tame by Rock God standards but it’s not entirely clear that the relationships were genuinely consensual.

Anyway, I’m not cancelling him because of his behaviour, I’m cancelling him because of the outrageous price of tickets to see his band.

I think those are Resale/Platinum prices, I think they were about £90 each originally, although sill not cheap for Brixton, but that is the way gigs are now

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #1283 on: April 23, 2024, 09:20:52 am »
Does anyone have any recommendations for in ear hearing protection for gigs? I’ve recently recently been diagnosed with some hearing loss and tinnitus so need to start being a bit more sensible. Any tips for protectors that are comfy and don’t muffle sound would be great. Don’t mind spending a bit more for better quality.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: Yesterday at 12:21:33 pm »
I use Vibes earplugs, which are practically invisible and which seem to do an okay job - there's always going to be some muffling. Only have them for the really loud gigs mind. Apparently, Fender do the best ones soundwise.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1285 on: Yesterday at 04:40:41 pm »
Next ones for me is the big Ocean Colour Scene gig at the Pier Head, Avril Lavigne, and Bruce Springsteen.

Might be tempted into that Pier Head one myself.

Camera Obscura, The Cribs, The Staves, Alvvays, and then a double-header of Manic Street Preachers and Suede for me, heading towards the summer.