Author Topic: Champions League Matchday dates 14/15  (Read 50335 times)

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
Re: Champions League Matchday dates 14/15
« Reply #400 on: September 4, 2014, 02:26:35 pm »
When do people think we will hear an announcement about the away ties ticket details?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #401 on: September 4, 2014, 09:22:05 pm »
Basel next week maybe??
We are a team of one half.

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: September 5, 2014, 02:14:50 am »
Madrid flights and hotel booked, gettin old, never done hotels before apart from the last Madrid game and then I spent roughly 2 hours in the place but the good senor at the desk sorted me tickets so was worth it, Basel basically a hop, skip and a jump away for me to get there. Sofia is basically a mouse click away but the thoughts of being on my own in Bulgaria in freezing November looking for a ticket is holding me back a bit.

Fuck it, flights and hotel booked for £250 from Zurich via Belgrade.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: September 5, 2014, 02:22:30 am »
We are booked into the Best Western Bristol Hotel in Sofia in the city centre.

Howdy neighbour  :wave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: September 5, 2014, 03:11:20 am »
I went there with England in 2010. Quite like the city, it's also dead close to France and Germany so you can visit three countries just by crossing a river. The stadium is nice too and the city is easy to get around on the tram. We got free travel on it with a match ticket (I think) so that was decent. Saying that apparently they never check tickets so it probably didn't matter either way.

The police outside the ground were quite heavy-handed but I think that was more to do with it being England - with Liverpool it should be fine. Also don't do what me and my mate did and bring Swiss plugs only to realise your hotel is in France!

I'll add to this a bit, hotels and B&B's are cheaper in Germany and it's only a short trip to Basel, getting back after the game could cost you a bit though.
The Police will be there in force and in full riot gear, that's what happens when Basel play. They have the biggest support in the country and some of them have a habit of trying to kick off with visiting fans usually before the game or on the way to it. The police are basically used to general aggro on matchdays so at best just ignore......unless ordered...then obey.

The majority of Basel's 'hooligans' are banned from attending games but they usually try to kick off the night before or a few hours before kick-off.....so if you see a group of older, bald lads wearing black hoodies, try to avoid. They have a lot of have-a-go dickhead supporters wanting to prove themselves.

Apart from that, the next crime will be beer prices, Basel is a nightmare. The two big pubs Paddy o Reillys and Mr Pickwick will be charging up to 10 francs a pint of lager.  When Celtic and Ireland played that Paddys pub were charging a tenner just to get in...avoid. It is right on the tram line to the ground though. Pickwicks is just around the corner and a bit, on the pedestrian street heading towards the centre of town. Same mental prices.

The old town is probably where the cheaper drinks are and that's where the Baslboys pubs are, the majority should be friendly there to visitors up to a point....see above.

Basal fans are fanatical and ...bless 'em......believe they are the best team in Europe.

Hopefully we can put the record straight this time.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2014, 03:22:16 am by Heno »

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #405 on: September 5, 2014, 05:01:48 pm »
From my Maths if we have the 5% rule sanctioned by UEFA

- Should get 1925 Tickets for Basle at a 38,512 capacity

- Should get 4272 Tickets for Madrid at 85,454 capacity

- Should get 2317 Tickets for Ludgorets at 46,340 capacity

Take off the Thomas Cook Allocation which im unsure what it is...

I would have thought it would be like this for the sales below.

Basle - Anyone with 2+ guaranteed. Sale will sell out on 1 away (But there won't be many)

Madrid Anyone with 1+ guaranteed. It will then go to Season Ticket holders and not Members in which it will sell out as alot of people will buy them to sell on knowing they won't go to the game but can make some money.

Ludgorets Anyone with 2+ guaranteed. Sale will sell out on 1 away

Could be very wrong but on the 5% rulings that's the allocation. Obviously with our tickets office they could fuck it up but I read the Supporters Trust were told they would be going off Europa aways from 2012

I've been a bit unsure since the draw as i'm only on 1 away. Anyone who knows any different myself and many other people i expect would be keen to hear.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #406 on: September 5, 2014, 06:57:36 pm »

- Should get 2317 Tickets for Ludgorets at 46,340 capacity............

Posted this already - in 2009 we got just over 3300 for Madrid, split roughly equally in tiers 5 and 6, plus about 100 in the VIP areas. Don't think it'll be much more, if any, this time for segregation purposes.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #407 on: September 5, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »
We didn't sell all our tkts for some EL matches did we? In which case they'll be fewer on 2+
We are a team of one half.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #408 on: September 5, 2014, 07:42:19 pm »
We didn't sell all our tkts for some EL matches did we? In which case they'll be fewer on 2+

As far as I remember, no game sold out
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #409 on: September 5, 2014, 07:48:54 pm »

- Should get 2317 Tickets for Ludgorets at 46,340 capacity

Chelsea got 1695 tickets last season when they went away there. Tickets were £35

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2013/10/change-made-to-selling-details-for-basel-away.html

« Last Edit: September 5, 2014, 07:50:47 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #410 on: September 5, 2014, 08:06:30 pm »

Basal fans are fanatical and ...bless 'em......believe they are the best team in Europe.
We've got something in common then! :)

Cheers for the info. Looking at costs I'm leaning more towards the match in Sofia.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: September 5, 2014, 08:17:37 pm »
Just remember don't put the bars your thinkin of meeting up in Basel on here,few years ago we had a get together with some of our friends from Utrecht who just happened to think they'd been invited for a drink !!!!!

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #412 on: September 9, 2014, 02:34:21 pm »
Been a little bit bored in work and I was working out with only one away for the group stages will you be able to get to any further rounds? As there will be a hell of alot of tickets sold to people for Madrid so a lot more people in the Pot who can buy tickets for further rounds

My thinking on this was that Season ticket holders will probably get priority over Members when both sets are on one away like the Basle sale has been done today.

Therefore it will be members on one away that may miss out. As there will be (After the Madrid sale) 3,500 people with one away on their Season Ticket / Fancard minimum applying for the last 16 if we get through. So we need some big grounds so most of us can go!

Here's who I think we could get after the group stages and tickets for away fans based on the 5% rule that UEFA enforce. (This may be a few hundred out due to hospitality and Thomas Cook).

Group A
- Madrid 54,960 - 2748
-Juventus 41,000 - 2050
-Olympiacas 32,115 - 1605

Group C
-Bayern Lev 30,210 - 1510
-Benfica 65,647 - 3282
-Monaco 18,523 - 926
Zenit 21,405 - 1070

Group D
-Arsenal 60,361 - 3018
-Dortmund 80,700 - 4035
-Galatasary 52,650 - 2632

Group E
- Bayern 96,344 - 4817
-Man City 45,500 - 2275
-Roma 70,634 - 3531

Group F
-PSG 48,712 - 2435
-Barca 98,787 4939

Group G
-Scum (Chelsea) 41,798 - 2089
-Shalke 61,973 - 3098
- Lisbon 50,045 - 2502

Group H
-Porto 50,431 - 2521
-Bibao 53,332 2666
- Donetsk 52,187 - 2609

(Attendances based on Wiki so may not be 100% accurate)

I know we may not get through. But i'd like to hope we can finish atleast 2nd above Basle and Ludgorets. Anways was just a bit of fun to relate to if we do get through and it will probally alter which teams I want to get through the tournement to the next stage as I fancy more than one Football away in europe this year.

« Last Edit: September 9, 2014, 02:35:56 pm by Smithy_88 »

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #413 on: September 11, 2014, 10:16:32 am »
Don't know what currency to buy here for Basel - our hotel is in Germany and the ground is on the Swiss side.  No idea where we'll be, maybe a hole in the wall job.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: September 11, 2014, 04:17:22 pm »
Don't know what currency to buy here for Basel - our hotel is in Germany and the ground is on the Swiss side.  No idea where we'll be, maybe a hole in the wall job.

Play safe; get euros and CH francs

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2014, 02:20:55 pm »
that's what i told him Paul :D

ciggies were cheap when i flew back last time, geneva i think it was? so will try and save the swiss for that ;)
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #416 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:40 pm »
If you are a real man you would visit 3 different countries within a few hours.

Bevvy in Germany, France then train to Basel (10mins).
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #417 on: September 12, 2014, 03:21:32 pm »
If you are a real man you would visit 3 different countries within a few hours.

Bevvy in Germany, France then train to Basel (10mins).

Sounds great to do that!!!

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #418 on: September 12, 2014, 03:25:07 pm »
Sounds great to do that!!!

At the beer prices in Switzerland it might be a good idea to not rush the French and German bars.

Taken from an England site.

'Three beers in three countries in an hour-ish - tram no8 to Kleinhunningen end stop, Take a swiss beer at a bar across the road, cross the bridge over the stream to bus stop 16 and 25 RVL every 30 mins, take the bus 2 stops to Rheincenter and get off outside Ryans bar or look for the sign to Deutschland and follow that road 10 - 15 min walk down the road and over the flyover and border and Ryans is 100yd past the border on the roundabout, take a German beer. Look over the road from the door and observe a long footbridge at the side of the shopping centre. walk over the Rhein, at the end of the footbridge take a right 100yd and there is a French pub, take a French Distribus back to Basel or reverse the walk and take a RVL Bus.'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: September 13, 2014, 12:41:48 am »

ciggies were cheap when i flew back last time, geneva i think it was? so will try and save the swiss for that ;)

Around 8 francs a packet normally, fr.45-50 for 200 at the airport, duty free coming in and going out, that's handy.
They are fairly strict though on the amount you buy...travelling with non-smokers is a bonus  ;)