Author Topic: Atletico it is then...  (Read 63218 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Atletico it is then...
« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2010, 08:33:50 pm »
Match day - part 2

That top pic is great.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 24, 2010, 09:28:50 pm »
Guessin your the bloke who flew from on the very empty Heathrow flight with us Weds afternoon, thought i recognised you from somewhere it must have been previous pics on here???
yes were you the lad at the praga,reason we weren't on the plane coming back,they gave us an earlier flite,great trip though wasn't it...

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2010, 08:52:28 am »
Nice pics those guys...Hope to see you in Hamburg

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2010, 04:01:27 pm »
Actually she was cooking us so many excellent Bacon rolls that she might end up in the Ham Museum - but no the bar was near the Praga ( about 1/2 Mile from the ground

Lomo bocadillos at 3 in the morning rock!
Can't believe she remembered Phil from the last time she was working there! Decent Spanish tapas bar that.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2010, 04:05:26 pm »
Fuckin ace wasnt it. <till I went under the table

Shame we didn't get a photo of that Harry, but a great memory.

The songs in there were great, but the girl whos place you stayed at (Moira?) was brilliant trying to get us to sing quietly because of the cop shop next door. Didn't stop us, but great effort.
Couldn't believe we left there at 4 a.m. Brilliant night, thanks for sorting the meeting out. Great bunch of Atletico and Madrid reds in there Harry.

Online aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »
yes were you the lad at the praga,reason we weren't on the plane coming back,they gave us an earlier flite,great trip though wasn't it...

Yeah mate, kept seeing ya hangin out the bars along this strip near the praga! Wondered where you were, yeah was spot on after all the hastle with the volcano...only the result dapened spirits but getting a guard of honour from there fans again, soon evaported that! Nice meetin you anyways, hopefully see ya in Hamburg!!!

Offline Ryo

• Main Stander
« Reply #286 on: April 25, 2010, 08:57:45 pm »
Outside the ground after the game :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_MIAujwZFc

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2010, 12:36:39 am »
Shame we didn't get a photo of that Harry, but a great memory.

The songs in there were great, but the girl whos place you stayed at (Moira?) was brilliant trying to get us to sing quietly because of the cop shop next door. Didn't stop us, but great effort.
Couldn't believe we left there at 4 a.m. Brilliant night, thanks for sorting the meeting out. Great bunch of Atletico and Madrid reds in there Harry.
Just watched us in Graci mille on calle mayor and then legged it down for a free ticket for the Atleti Tenerife game and a few beers with theiir lads.
I´ve never met a nicer bunch in all my lfe.
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2010, 12:37:12 am »
I take it everyone who went thought their fans were boss like last year?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2010, 02:09:53 pm »
I take it everyone who went thought their fans were boss like last year?

Defo mate, guard of honour on leaving the ground...scarfs and shirts behind swapped everywhere, mutual loving personified!!!

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2010, 02:19:54 pm »
Extraordinary- no bragging, just mutual respect

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2010, 03:45:54 pm »
Outside the ground after the game :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_MIAujwZFc
Great to see that. Gutted couldn't go this year, last year's similar show of respect & friendship was what it's all about. Well done those who made it over there.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #292 on: May 4, 2010, 04:40:47 pm »
Just noticed Dans photo of Phil, Macca and Jonathan is on lfc .tv site

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/which-is-your-fave-lfc-snap

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #293 on: May 4, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »
Nice picture Kevin- Think it would have given it a bit f gravitas if we had been in it. Has a good chance of winning the competition

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #294 on: October 29, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »
Not sure if anyone still has this thread saved, but worth going over again before the Madrid trip next week. Some absolutley brilliant memories, probably aided by this thread, as i can't remember half of what we got up to...

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2014, 09:41:02 am »
Anyone done the Atletico stadium tour? worth it? thinking of doing it this time round.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2014, 09:55:54 am »
This was some trip.  The footy match against their supporters, lunch with their fans before the game in the restaurant with the long table, the tit for tat song singing, the small bar on the way to the ground and then the game itself.  Fantastic.

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: October 30, 2014, 03:26:29 pm »
If this trips half as good as the last 3  8) 8)loads of us staying at the Praga again up the road from Atletico's ground,some great bars !!!!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2014, 11:57:32 am »
It all came flooding back to me when i saw this photo montage by romanian Dan

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:02 am »
This was some trip.  The footy match against their supporters, lunch with their fans before the game in the restaurant with the long table, the tit for tat song singing, the small bar on the way to the ground and then the game itself.  Fantastic.
Raul, are you on this trip? I see you on the general running thread often, so would be good to put a face to a name.

Offline HMHB

• Main Stander
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2014, 03:10:20 pm »
If this trips half as good as the last 3  8) 8)loads of us staying at the Praga again up the road from Atletico's ground,some great bars !!!!
stayed there meself real 09.loads of bars on that street think we done them all!after drinking up by the bernabeu we asked the taxi driver to drop us off at a late bar,ended up in some brass house paying 10 euros for a bottle of heineken watched by some big grock blocking the exit

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2014, 03:52:19 pm »
Raul, are you on this trip? I see you on the general running thread often, so would be good to put a face to a name.
I was there that night mate but am not in any of those pictures.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #302 on: November 6, 2014, 04:24:56 pm »
I was there that night mate but am not in any of those pictures.
Doesn't matter now, but did you go on the trip for the Real game on the 4th? Was going to try and meet up. Anyway, was quite a tight schedule with the three days there anyway. Wish id stayed longer, before the 4th. Oh, well if we get another trip in the next 5 years i will be happy.

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2017, 11:31:03 am »
Match day - part 2
Thinking of all our friends at the magnificent Vincente Calderon tonight in their last ever european game there...
In all the years loads of us have been travelling, this place is surely up there with the very very best...
Really hope they get close to turning Madrid over tonight as the place will be rocking....

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2017, 02:41:07 pm »
Yes,

i do hope to see them all celebrating outside the Neptuno fountain tonight. That would be magnificent.

We've been to some great places over time and Madrid and with the Atleti contingent were definitely some of the most enjoyable

It would be worth it to see the look on Ronaldos face...

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2017, 08:49:16 pm »
Thinking of all our friends at the magnificent Vincente Calderon tonight in their last ever european game there...
In all the years loads of us have been travelling, this place is surely up there with the very very best...
Really hope they get close to turning Madrid over tonight as the place will be rocking....
Are they getting a new ground? I didn't know :( Def had some good trips there
We are a team of one half.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2017, 08:02:53 am »
Are they getting a new ground? I didn't know :( Def had some good trips there

http://www.stadiumguide.com/nuevoestadioatleticomadrid/

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »
Ta. Looks a bit like another modern bowl but at least they have the wrap-around bit to make if different - so it'll be windy! :)
We are a team of one half.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2017, 05:05:33 pm »
I don't think they are moving by choice. They have effectively been kicked out by the Mayor as they want to develop that area.

I was working in an office that overlooked the Bernabeu last week and you could just make out the crane on the horizon and the building site of the new stadium. Losing your stadium is one thing, but shifting it to out of town, I think you lose your soul. But as demonstrated so many times, this support dusts itself off and gets on with what they do best, supporting their club.

Last night all the Atleti fans stayed behind to congratulate their players. When Real came out again, all their fans had gone home. Joke of a club and terrible support.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2017, 10:01:11 am »
Love that ground. One of the best Euro aways ever.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2017, 06:35:53 pm »
Funny reading this thread back and comparing it to the stories Leicester fans were posting up. Liverpool are made for the champions league and what a treat it would be to face Atletico again on the way.

It is indeed a shame theyve had to leave the Calderon, other than Anfield its my favourite stadium and for atmosphere it is better than anywhere. The ground was rocking on wednesday and there was a definite sense of pride and defiance, as the banner before the game said "we're proud to be nothing like you". Alright they got knocked out but they gave it everything and won on the night, not a bad way to sign out at the Calderon.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2017, 09:53:31 pm »
My mate keeps saying Atletico are fascists? is he right?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: June 2, 2017, 10:05:03 am »
Theres a bit of a myth that real madrid are the fascists and atletico are on the left. In reality Rayo are the only left wing club in the city. The ultras of atletico have at times got themselves in trouble over certain chants and banners however by and large theyre a class bunch. I suppose the problem with these ultras sections are that they dont always represent the majority of fans.