Author Topic: Djibril Cissé  (Read 232178 times)

Offline pablodee

• Main Stander
Djibril Cissé
« on: January 25, 2002, 06:06:43 pm »
Cisse angles for Liverpool switch

Friday 25th January 2002

France hopeful Djibril Cisse has revealed he would like to link up with countryman Gerard Houllier at Liverpool.

The Auxerre striker, 20, has been linked with moves to Juventus and Internazionale, but said on Friday: "If I had a choice, I think I would go to England. I believe the English league suits my style best and I admit I have got a slight preference for Liverpool."

Cisse has already netted 12 goals in the Championnat this season and is understood to be competing with Nicolas Anelka for the final striker spot in France's World Cup squad.

But the powerful forward was quick to dismiss suggestions that he may follow Anelka's lead by moving to Anfield before the end of the season in an attempt to boost his chances of going to Japan and South Korea.

"I am not leaving this season," he insisted. "I think I'll be ready to leave Auxerre in two years' time.

"I am certainly not giving up hope of getting into the World Cup squad. I'll just try to keep on scoring goals and hope that Roger Lemerre notices me," he told Le Parisien.

"I'd like to finish the season as the top French scorer in the Championnat. I say top French scorer because I don't think anyone will get as many goals as Bordeaux's Pauleta. He is untouchable."

Cisse is just two goals behind the Portugal forward, who has found the net 14 times, while Lorient striker Jean-Claude Darcheville is in second place with 13 goals.

Auxerre president Jean-Claude Hamel insisted in November that he was confident of Cisse staying at the Stade de l'Abbé-Deschamps for the foreseeable future.

"A lot of clubs are interested in our young players and come to all our matches. But there's no question of Cisse leaving," said Hamel. "That would be a lack of ambition on our part and it would open the door to others. He is happy at Auxerre."

Cisse's goals have fired Auxerre up to fourth place in the top flight, ten points behind runaway leaders Lens with a game in hand.

======

As much as I welcome Anelka at the club I have my suspicions that he won't be here come the start of season 2002-2003. Paris SG will want as close to £20m as they can for him, still a few million short of what he cost them, and a lot of cash for our club to splash out for one player.

Only time will tell.

For those that have never heard of him the praise is high indeed, with all the big clubs in Europe watching him.  One top coach described Cisse as 'the prototype forward of the future... there is nothing he cannot do'.  He is however still young and has lots to prove.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
Re: Djibril Cisse speaks... briefly
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2002, 06:34:08 pm »
I wonder if his thoughts are influenced much by the Le Tallec and Pongo deals... "ready to leave in 2 years". Sounds like it to me....

...and that would be quite a tidy little French fraternite at the club n'est ce pas?
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Pablo

Auxerre's Djibril Cisse
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2001, 03:19:41 pm »
I personally would not like to see another new striker at the club, other than Baros.  To those that love a bit of gossip and speculation, and there's plenty of you out there, I offer you this off the web from a reliable source that is in no way linked to Rupert Murdoch.  Ladies and gentleman, I give you...

Djibril Cisse - Auxerre

Liverpool have targeted Auxerre's 20-year-old striker Djibrill Cisse as the man to replace Leeds-bound Robbie Fowler. The £10m-rated youngster is interesting Gerard Houllier.

Position: Forward
Date of birth: Wednesday 12th August 1981
Height: 1.82m
Weight: 78kg
Signed from: no previous clubs    

Born in 1981, Cisse is a young talent still learning his trade at Auxerre. He has a promising future ahead of him and made his first-team debut during the 1998-99 season. He is a strong and athletic forward with a powerful shot and got a prolonged run in the first team in 2000-01, in which he scored 15 goals.

Before then, he was part of the France side that that won the Under-18 European Championships in Germany in 2000. The Arles-born star was disappointed not to get on the scoresheet during the success in Germany – but he channelled his aggression by hitting peak form for his club.

"I was so full of hate that I wanted to quickly wipe all that out. This reaction of pride quickly helped me to affirm myself and to prove that the club could count on me."

He hit the headlines at the start of the 2001-02 season when he netted four goals in the opening match against Rennes.

He Says: "I set myself a target of ten goals for the season and I ended up with 15, so I'm coming out of a good season which could have been even more brilliant if I hadn't let myself go towards the end. Next year I will have to confirm what I've shown and my objective will be to reach as high a position as possible with Auxerre – but I also want to finish among the five top scorers in the league."
- after his break-through season in June 2001.

"Being at the World Cup would be a bonus. But I've got plenty of time to think about all that. I'm not yet on the same level as [Sylvain] Wiltord or [Thierry] Henry. They have won things, got the medals, while I have nothing."
- after an electric start to the 2001-02 season.

Offline davemac

• Anny Roader
  • Hurrah for the jesters
Re: Auxerre's Djibril Cisse
« Reply #3 on: December 1, 2001, 12:09:11 am »
isnt he supposed to be a bit of a nutter

would gh go for that temprament
and remember folks - WE ARE LIVERPOOL

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
Djibril Cissé
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 09:28:47 pm »
Are we going to sign him this summer? We were linked with him last summer and opted to buy El Hadji Diouf instead. I am a big fan of this player and I think he will be one the best in Europe. He has lightning pace and can finish. Get yer chequebook out and buy him... He's mustard!!  ;D

PS. Anyone watching the France match on Eurosport?

Offline steer

• Grampa
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Djibril Cisse?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 11:12:49 pm »
mate that was xavier playing up front for them tonight.

ready and abel.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 11:23:15 pm »
Unless we sell a striker, I reckon Cisse would be a waste of money. There are other areas where we need to invest before we get another striker.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 11:44:40 pm »
Created the 3rd goal with pace and power, and a cool head.

Then went on to score the 4th.

Played really well tonight.
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2003, 12:28:41 am »
Impressive player, but we would need to offload another.  I don't think anyone can adequately keep Owen, Baros, Heskey, Diouf and Cisse happy without playing them out of position.  
I thought he was quite keen on us some time ago, but now seems to have lost interest and mentioned manure and the arse...

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2003, 10:00:12 am »
Well, Diouf is now a midfielder - let's stick with that. Baros is only getting better. Emile can be back up as a striker or as a midfielder, or sold if we can get a good price. Cisse has EH's physical attributes, but is quicker and a far better finisher.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2003, 12:09:15 pm »
why do we need ciise when we have emile.

i mean ciise doesnt link well with owen and owen and heskey have got a good partership. emile is our king he is the goalscoring machine and assist king

Offline JasonR

• Mr Route planner supreme (but not a travel agent!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2003, 12:39:48 pm »
There's a report on BBC Online saying that he would like to join us. Typical journo's report though with no basis. One interesting part is that he says:

"I liked the crowd and the way they supported their team. "They are formidable and they never boo their players."

;D

« Last Edit: May 1, 2003, 12:41:32 pm by Rikki »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: May 1, 2003, 04:06:59 pm »
Would love to see him line up alongside Mikey next season. :)

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 1, 2003, 06:37:19 pm »
Im not so sure signing players from the French league is such a great idea.

Houllier's track record of players from the French league isnt particularly great:

*Traore - getting there
*Vignal - potential
*Cheyrou - disappointing so far
*Diouf - not quite what most expected
*Smicer - inconsistent
*Diomede - who?
*Diao - from what we've seen dont think he's currently any better than what we have

One notable exception though is Riise - came from Monaco. Players like Pires, Henry and Vieira played in France, but also spent time in Italy.

Havent really seen that much of Ciise, but didnt like him sulking after being subbed at Anfield in February and throwing his shirt off.

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
« Reply #14 on: May 1, 2003, 07:19:04 pm »
Havent really seen that much of Ciise, but didnt like him sulking after being subbed at Anfield in February and throwing his shirt off.
It shows that he wants to play for the team and shows commitment. He felt that he could of changed the game and should've been on the pitch.

Offline wellsie82

• Where's me tractorrrrrrrrr?
  • Legacy Fan
Djibril Cissé
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2004, 06:57:39 pm »
The deal is done then....

Houllier's future has no bearing on Cisse May 20 2004

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

THE deal to bring Djibril Cisse to Anfield is finally complete and the striker will join Liverpool regardless of Gerard Houllier's future.

There were fears a change in management could scupper long-standing plans to recruit the Auxerre centre-forward.

However, negotiations with Auxerre and the player have now successfully concluded.

No matter who's in charge, Cisse and his club have agreed the move for a fee in the region of £14m. He effectively becomes a Liverpool player after his final match for Auxerre this weekend.

The 22-year-old has been chased by Houllier for the last three years. His imminent arrival on Merseyside has been one of the worst kept secrets in football and it will be poignant if having finally secured his signature, Houllier's not around to reap the benefit.

Houllier being in charge was not a condition of Cisse's signing and with the deal already concluded, Liverpool do not anticipate possible changes in the management being an issue.

Other transfer business will be put on a temporary hold, however, until the managerial situation is resolved.

And the future of soon to be out of contract stars Didi Hamann, Stephane Henchoz and Vladimir Smicer, who all have just on year left on their current deals, will remain uncertain until the club has decided who's in charge next season.

The manager was back at Melwood this morning having insisted it's "business as usual" despite the growing speculation over his future.

No-one at Anfield is commenting on the claims Houllier is on the verge of losing his job and the silence has increased the media frenzy.

Houllier has been given no assurance he'll still be in charge when pre-season training begins as a review of his position continues.

A statement either confirming he'll either leave or continue as boss is expected within the next week.

It's unlikely the manager will leave before the weekend unless he decides the pressure has become intolerable. He's consistently said he won't walk away and his comments in the wake of reports of his imminent departure made it clear the decision will have to be taken by others.

"I'm carrying on my work as normal and have been holding meetings with staff preparing for next season," Houllier said. "I have been discussing contracts and other matters, as well as when the players will report back. So I'm carrying on my work as normal with the same dignity as normal."

Here's some info on our new centre forward starting off with his scoring record this season....

French League this season
02-Aug-03 H Nice L 1-2 (0-1) J Jaures 90p 
08-Aug-03 A Marseille L 0-1 (0-0) 
16-Aug-03 H Strasbourg W 3-2 (2-1) K Akale 10; B Kalou 33; L Mathis 87 
23-Aug-03 A Bordeaux L 0-2 (0-2)   
30-Aug-03 H Rennes W 2-1 (1-0) D Cisse 24; B Kalou 74
13-Sep-03 A Lyon D 1-1 (1-1) D Cisse 29
20-Sep-03 H Bastia W 4-1 (3-1) D Cisse 24, 61; Y Lachuer 35; P Mexes 45
27-Sep-03 A Paris St-Germain L 0-1 (0-1)   
04-Oct-03 H Lille W 3-0 (2-0) D Cisse 43, 45, 64
18-Oct-03 A Monaco D 1-1 (1-0) B Kalou 6
25-Oct-03 H Montpellier L 0-1 (0-1) 
01-Nov-03 A Toulouse W 3-0 (2-0) Eduardo(og) 7; B Kalou 25; Y Lachuer 90
09-Nov-03 H Guingamp W 3-0 (2-0) D Cisse 33, 84; T Tainio 40
22-Nov-03 A Metz W 2-0 (0-0) Y Lachuer 56; D Cisse 90
30-Nov-03 A Sochaux L 2-3 (0-3) D Cisse 70, 75
03-Dec-03 H Le Mans W 1-0 (1-0) Y Fischer(og) 18
06-Dec-03 A AC Ajaccio W 2-1 (1-0) P Mexes 16; D Cisse 65
13-Dec-03 H Lens W 2-0 (1-0) B Kalou 17; D Cisse 84
20-Dec-03 A Nantes L 0-1 (0-1) 
10-Jan-04 H Marseille W 2-0 (2-0) T Tainio 5; B Kalou 17
17-Jan-04 A Strasbourg W 2-0 (1-0) O Kapo 19; D Cisse 90
31-Jan-04 H Bordeaux W 5-0 (4-0) D Cisse 8, 45p; K Akale 10, 59; T Tainio 28
07-Feb-04 A Rennes W 2-0 (1-0) P Mexes 16; B Kalou 54
15-Feb-04 H Lyon L 1-2 (0-1) J Boumsong 75
21-Feb-04 A Bastia D 0-0 (0-0) 
29-Feb-04 H Paris St-Germain D 1-1 (1-0) D Cisse 45
06-Mar-04 A Lille L 0-1 (0-0) 
14-Mar-04 H Monaco D 0-0 (0-0) 
20-Mar-04 A Montpellier L 0-1 (0-0)
28-Mar-04 H Toulouse W 3-2 (2-1) K Akale 16; D Cisse 44, 66
04-Apr-04 A Guingamp D 2-2 (0-1) F Sirieix 52; O Kapo 90 15,374
10-Apr-04 H Metz W 2-1 (0-0) D Cisse 52; B Kalou 67
24-Apr-04 H Sochaux W 2-1 (0-0) B Kalou 49; D Cisse 57
01-May-04 A Le Mans L 1-2 (0-2) D Cisse 47 
08-May-04 H AC Ajaccio D 1-1 (1-0) B Kalou 2 
11-May-04 A Lens W 3-1 Y Lachuer 22; L Mathis 74; D Cisse 88
15-May-04 H Nantes W 2-0 (2-0) D Cisse 2, 14

French Cup this season
03-Jan-04 H Sochaux W 2-0 (0-0) O Kapo 60; T Tainio 77
24-Jan-04 H Montpellier W 2-0 (2-0) B Kalou 13; D Cisse 22
10-Feb-04 A Brive L 0-1 (0-0)  

UEFA Cup this season
L1 24-Sep-03 H Neuchâtel Xamax W 1-0 (1-0) B Kalou 7
L2 15-Oct-03 A Neuchâtel Xamax W 1-0 (0-0) Y Lachuer 53
L1 06-Nov-03 A Utrecht D 0-0 (0-0) 
L2 27-Nov-03 H Utrecht W 4-0 (2-0) D Cisse 22, 48; O Kapo 30; B Kalou 58
L1 26-Feb-04 H Panathinaikos D 0-0 (0-0)   
L2 03-Mar-04 A Panathinaikos W 1-0 (0-0) B Kalou 71
L1 11-Mar-04 H PSV Eindhoven D 1-1 (1-0) T Tainio 36
L2 25-Mar-04 A PSV Eindhoven L 0-3 (0-2)

all of his goals from this season can be downloaded/viewed on http://www.aja.free.fr/2003-2004/videos_0304.htm

• Born 08 December 1981 in France

• Twenty nine goals in all competitions so far this season (as of 16 May 2004)

• Last season Cisse scored 14 goals in 34 starts 2002/2003

• In the 2001/2002 season he fired 22 goals in 31 starts

• So far this season he has picked up 3 bookings; 2002/2003 season 4 yellows and 2001/2002 season 3 bookings in total

Roux: Cisse Liverpool bound
Friday, 09 January 2004

Auxerre coach Guy Roux has admitted that star striker Djibril Cisse is set to join Liverpool next summer.
The French international was at Liverpool this week to look around the club's training ground and his move to Anfield has been football's worst kept secret.

Reds boss Gerard Houllier has made the jet-heeled hit-man his top target for some time and it seems almost certain he will play for Liverpool next season.

Roux denied the deal had been finalised, but admitted everything was in place to secure Cisse's arrival on Merseyside.

"His transfer has not been definitely settled. He is with us until June 30," Roux told France Football.

"He was at Liverpool at the start of the week, that is true. He went there to have medical examinations and visit the facilities. But contrary to what people said, he didn't go there during the winter break.

"Now we know the player wants to go there, he has negotiated and found an agreement with the club. Now, as the player has found what he wanted, we will negotiate with the English officials."

Roux was disappointed to see Cisse leave Auxerre, but believes he has made a good choice in joining Liverpool.

"I think he has made a very good choice. It is one of the best clubs he could have chosen.

"He will be a first team-member and that is the most important thing when you sign for a great club. Moreover, his game will perfectly fit with Owen's one.

"I even feel he will cause absolute carnage in the English defences."

Reports suggest that the deal will cost in the region of €20 million (£13.8 million) and Roux is satisfied with the price tag.

"It is only a bottom price! More seriously, it is already a beautiful sum, we have to be realistic," concluded Roux.

Cisse happy with Reds set-up
Wednesday, 07 January 2004

French star Djibril Cisse has reaffirmed his intention to join Liverpool after travelling to Merseyside.
Cisse was at Anfield and The Reds' training complex at Melwood on Sunday and Monday, to see what the club had to offer.

The Auxerre ace was not disappointed, claiming he was very happy with what he had seen.

"I have discovered Liverpool's facilities and that has confirmed my desire to join them," said Cisse. "It is of a very high level.

"I am impressed considering what I have seen until now, it is really another world and is the best for a player of my age.

"I will do my best to adapt and reach a new level.

"If I join them, I will try to give them back their trust, to succeed and achieve beautiful things.

"At first, I will have to make a name for myself. It will be very difficult to go and play at Liverpool and be a first team member."

Houllier: No Cisse deal - yet

Monday, 05 January 2004

Gerard Houllier insists transfer target Djibril Cisse has not already signed a deal to join Liverpool from Auxerre at the end of the season.
Reports emanating from France suggested Cisse had put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract to link up with The Reds in a £14 million switch in the summer.

Cisse was also rumoured to have undergone a medical at Anfield en route to wrapping up his long-anticipated move to Merseyside.

But Reds chief Houllier refuted suggestions that a deal for the France international was already done and dusted.

Houllier admitted a transfer for the prolific striker is in the pipeline, with Cisse desperate to work with his compatriot at Anfield.

"It is not true he has signed a pre-contract with us and he has not had a medical either," said Houllier.

"He wants to join us but nothing has happened. That does not mean it will not be true in the future."

Cisse remains convinced he will be swapping Auxerre's colours for Liverpool's at the end of the campaign and backed up Houllier's comments that no paperwork has been signed.

"I want to move to Liverpool and I'm sure I'll play at Anfield next season," affirmed Cisse.

"But I haven't signed anything yet and it would be impossible for me to do so because I'm still under contract with Auxerre until 2005."

He'll also have the summer off...

Cisse ruled out of Euro 2004

Friday, 30 January 2004

France striker Djibril Cisse will miss this summer's European Championships after Uefa upheld a five-match ban against the Auxerre ace.
Cisse was handed the ban for his behaviour in France's European Under-21 Championship defeat to Portugal in November.

The Liverpool target was dismissed by English referee Rob Styles for kicking out at Portuguese full back Mario Sergio just before half time and he made things worse by refusing to leave the field, protesting and insulting Styles.

Top Goalscorers - 03/04 as on 13 April 2004)

Goals Player
  20 Djibril Cisse (Auxerre) 
  19 Didier Drogba (Marseille) 
  15 Pegguy Luyindula (Lyon) 
  15 Alexander Frei (Rennes) 
  15 Pierre-Alain Frau (Sochaux) 
  15 Pegguy Luyindula (Lyon) 
  15 Pierre-Alain Frau (Sochaux) 
  14  Pauleta (Paris SG) 
  13 Habib Bamogo (Montpellier) 
  12 Vladimir Mantchev (Lille) 
  12 Francileudo dos Santos Silva (Sochaux) 

Think most will agree that he's an exciting prospect with an already proven scoring record (albeit in the French league).  I'll try and update this as best I can in the future  :wave
« Last Edit: November 2, 2014, 06:06:16 pm by The 5th Benitle »
the best cashback site on the net.... Click here to get signed up

Offline redmonkey

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Djibril Cisse watch
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 06:59:26 pm »
His scoring ratio this season is superb (22 goals in 31 starts) - we could do with some of that

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 07:01:34 pm »
  • He has also scored today just before half time as Auxerre lead Toulouse 2-1 at home

he's just scored his 2nd of the day after 66 minutes  :D

Offline wellsimple

• The secret pigeon murderer
  • Legacy Fan
  • You knows it.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2004, 07:03:34 pm »
How many has he scored after picking the ball up by himself 60 yards out?

Not that I'm questioning our fantastic approach play and distribution or anything.
Bring Michael Home. From Madrid.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2004, 07:07:07 pm »
Any videos of goals or anything (except his official site)?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2004, 07:09:18 pm »
thought you were auctioning a used Timex of his.

;D   :wave

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2004, 07:10:18 pm »
How many has he scored after picking the ball up by himself 60 yards out?

Not that I'm questioning our fantastic approach play and distribution or anything.

no idea

Any videos of goals or anything (except his official site)?

will have a look in a bit mate

thought you were auctioning a used Timex of his.

;D   :wave

lol - trust you ;D

Offline Hemal

• Legacy Fan
  • I saw Elvis. He sat between me & Bigfoot on a UFO.
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2004, 07:13:27 pm »
he got 2 more today innit
Make mine a large

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2004, 07:20:00 pm »
he got 2 more today innit

• He has also scored today just before half time as Auxerre lead Toulouse 2-1 at home

he's just scored his 2nd of the day after 66 minutes  :D
Innit ;)

He looks a very good player. I just hope he comes. I don't want to count my chickens and all that!
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2004, 07:21:25 pm »
Very nice, just hope GH isn't given the chance to sign him because he h as already been tured out.

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2004, 07:22:56 pm »

Innit ;)

He looks a very good player. I just hope he comes. I don't want to count my chickens and all that!

same here mate, there's been so much talk from all 3 camps

Offline Fastardo

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2004, 07:59:20 pm »
Somebody had to do it......

Sorry.  :P

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2004, 08:11:59 pm »

;D

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 02:11:41 pm »
Such a big fuss has been made about him, and from the stats you can see why.

Diouf was ment to be the next best thing too, but took a while to adjust to the premiership.

what happens if cisse takes time to adapt to the premiership? he'll get booed and feel unwanted....

i wouldnt get ya hopes up too much, wait till he HAS DEFINATELY arrived in liverpool and has proved his worth to us all
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 02:30:27 pm »

Diouf was ment to be the next best thing too, but took a while to adjust to the premiership.

what happens if cisse takes time to adapt to the premiership? he'll get booed and feel unwanted....

i wouldnt get ya hopes up too much, wait till he HAS DEFINATELY arrived in liverpool and has proved his worth to us all

my sentiments exactly.

Too many players fail to make the transition from the continent to the premiership.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004, 02:52:59 pm »
Trying not to read too much about him, got a feeling hes going to get over hyped and then dissapoint us. Id rather know fuck all about him and see him show how good he is on the pitch.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2004, 06:49:45 pm »

;D

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2004, 07:45:56 pm »
Saw his 2 goals over the weekend on Eurogoals. First one was a header at the back post after the keeper came and missed it completely. 2nd was a nice goal, on the shoulders of the defence and latched onto a through ball, rounded the keeper and cooly slotted home.

It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2004, 07:48:22 pm »

understand what you're saying mate, i feel the same way

just wanted to see what i can find on the lad and when i found so much thought id share it all with  everyone to be honest

if ged does leave in the summer, will be interesting to see if cisse still signs....

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2004, 09:20:03 pm »
If we buy him Cisse 9  on the shirts will be a top seller  ;D
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2004, 09:28:54 pm »
If we buy him Cisse 9  on the shirts will be a top seller  ;D

nothing to stop it happening if he does arrive either mate, look how kewell nicked smicers No 7

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 10:58:49 pm »
doesn anyone know what number StevieG will be next season?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 11:05:42 pm by StevenGerrard »

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2004, 11:01:36 pm »

Nah, not quite...

I
Man U

...will be.   ;) ;D

::)
doesn anyone know what number StevieG will be nst season?

can't see it changing unless someone else further down the squad leaves

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2004, 11:05:10 pm »
Im sure i read somewhere stevie wants the no.4 shirt oh well we will just have to wait and  see  ;D

Offline elly

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2004, 12:05:32 am »
doesn anyone know what number StevieG will be next season?

Not unless they're psychic. He's said he'd like 4 or 8 if he was choosing - of the two, I'd much rather see the number 8 become available for next season.

I hope Cisse comes. If he's thinking half the things he's saying about Liverpool I reckon his attitude's right, and he does look like a heck of a player. The few games I've seen him play he's looked like he could cope with the Premiership, too. On the one hand, if he does comes to Liverpool not going to Portugal could be great for us as he'll be fresh for next season, but on the other the experience could have done him a lot of good as a player.