Author Topic: Paris shootings..  (Read 4109 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Paris shootings..
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:23:58 pm »
At least one policeman shot, one gun man shot and another on the lose...

Poor Paris, its suffered too much from these fascists.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Paris shootings..
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:28:06 pm »
May or may not be a terror attack, details are confused.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39662315
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:30:47 pm »
Newswires are saying new shots have been fired. May not be over yet.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:35:13 pm »
Newswires are saying new shots have been fired. May not be over yet.

BBC saying a Kalashnikov was used.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:09 pm »
2nd policeman has died.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:40:08 pm »
Fk sake, what is wrong with these c*nts!

Has Frottage blamed Merkel yet?

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:47:50 pm »
2nd policeman has died.

At 10:47pm Paris time, this information is not confirmed. Stick to the verified informations, please :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:53:13 pm by Blinis »
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 09:56:37 pm »
At 10:47pm Paris time, this information is not confirmed. Stick to the verified informations, please :)

It came through on my news wires and it was stated by Sky. But yeah best to wait.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 10:04:00 pm »
It came through on my news wires and it was stated by Sky. But yeah best to wait.

Yes, it appeared on mine as well, and it was even relayed by a Police union (we have those), but it appears to be false... After the last events, I learned to stick to the official informations given by the Ministry and the Police, as they improved their communications as well.

So, to sum things up, from official (Police and Home Office) French speaking sources: what appears to be a terrorist attack happened on Champs Élysées tonight. A man armed with an automatic weapon shot a policeman while getting out of his car, and ran toward other police officers, who shot him in return. One policeman is dead, and two others are seriously wounded. The assailant is dead, and his car is searched for explosives and clues. There may be some accomplices, but we don't know yet. The "Attorney General" treats this case as terrorism until proven otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:09:10 pm by Blinis »
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:28 pm »
Here we go again.
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 10:17:18 pm »
Here we go again.

Keep calm and don't forget your towel.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 10:33:57 pm »
Doesn't even shock people anymore.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 10:36:41 pm »
Begining to regret the South of France as my holiday choice this year!

This plays perfectly into the hands of Le Pen
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 10:40:09 pm »
Begining to regret the South of France as my holiday choice this year!

This plays perfectly into the hands of Le Pen

You're more likely to die in a road accident on the way to the airport than be involved in a terrorist incident in France or here.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 10:42:42 pm »
You're more likely to die in a road accident on the way to the airport than be involved in a terrorist incident in France or here.

Exactly. Far more likely.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 10:45:40 pm »
Assuming it is motivated by Islamic extremism what's the conceivable end of all this? Do we just accept that these kinds of attacks carry on for the foreseeable future? What are the other possible outcomes? They aren't like the IRA or ETA with a structure and leadership you can negotiate with.

I really don't see how this ends right now.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 10:45:51 pm »
yes I know but it does make you think. Won't stop me going though

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 10:47:47 pm »
Assuming it is motivated by Islamic extremism what's the conceivable end of all this? Do we just accept that these kinds of attacks carry on for the foreseeable future? What are the other possible outcomes? They aren't like the IRA or ETA with a structure and leadership you can negotiate with.

it doesn't, particularly as most of these are home grown. I guess you can try to cut off the head (Daesh) but like the cockroach it doesn't really kill it when you do that

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 10:50:43 pm »

It seems to be that they want French people to get to vote for Marine Le Pen, in some sick move. They bet that Le Pen, once in power, will increase the pressure on French Muslims given that how racist she is, how close she is to neo-nazi movements, and the history of the Front National, making them more willing to join IS or whatever extreme Islamic terrorist organisation will be fancy in a few months.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:52:22 pm by Blinis »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 10:51:21 pm »
Isis have claimed responsibility..
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 10:53:36 pm »

You accept these things happen.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 10:55:03 pm »
it doesn't, particularly as most of these are home grown. I guess you can try to cut off the head (Daesh) but like the cockroach it doesn't really kill it when you do that

This is true. It's not going to end anytime soon but the number of people that die from terrorisim is actually incredibly low and we're far safer than in the 1970s and 1980s:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/many-people-killed-terrorist-attacks-uk/
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 10:55:46 pm »

Get the fuck out of the Middle East and leave them sort it out themselves would be a starting point. I know a lot of the attackers are home-grown but they are influenced through a warped sense of fighting back against the West's advancements in the Middle East.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 11:05:08 pm »
Get the fuck out of the Middle East and leave them sort it out themselves would be a starting point. I know a lot of the attackers are home-grown but they are influenced through a warped sense of fighting back against the West's advancements in the Middle East.

What do you mean by get out of the Middle East?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 11:06:54 pm »
they'd find something else as an excuse then. These people hate us and our way of life, they hate the fact we treat women as equal citizens rather than a species well below the male race

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 11:08:45 pm »
Another known to the security services. Complete shambles. Every time this happens, they are known to the security services.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 11:09:07 pm »
What do you mean by get out of the Middle East?

Military bases in Saudi Arabia, dropping bombs on Syria etc. I don't have the answers to the solution, no one has, but I know if the west had less of a presence in the Middle East we wouldn't be seeing as many of these attacks.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 11:10:45 pm »
they'd find something else as an excuse then. These people hate us and our way of life, they hate the fact we treat women as equal citizens rather than a species well below the male race

Some of them do yes, but then some of us hate 'them' just for the colour of their skin. You don't see 'us' going over to their countries and carrying out lone wolf attacks. Our governments on the other hand have a lot to answer for.

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 11:12:49 pm »
Another known to the security services. Complete shambles. Every time this happens, they are known to the security services.

It's not a shambles. Unless you're suggesting they lock up everyone who has ever been looked at by the security services. It could be that a neighbour has said the brown man living next door has grown a beard.

Thankfully we live in countries where they don't just lock people up on hearsay.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 11:19:17 pm »
Military bases in Saudi Arabia, dropping bombs on Syria etc. I don't have the answers to the solution, no one has, but I know if the west had less of a presence in the Middle East we wouldn't be seeing as many of these attacks.

That's incredibly simplistic and would be fine if we had a big Men in Black jobbie that wiped the memories of everyone in the area. When you say we shouldn't drop bombs and let 'them' sort it out themselves does that mean we should have let the Kurds and others be massacred?

And besides, the numbers are tiny. I'd be far more concerned about being knifed by some little scrote who wants to nick my phone than I am of terrorism and even that doesn't really cross my mind.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 11:19:19 pm »
It's not a shambles. Unless you're suggesting they lock up everyone who has ever been looked at by the security services. It could be that a neighbour has said the brown man living next door has grown a beard.

Thankfully we live in countries where they don't just lock people up on hearsay.

Totally agree with this they have an extremely difficult task and we don't hear about the 99/100 situations they deal with specifically.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2017, 11:21:12 pm »
Some of them do yes, but then some of us hate 'them' just for the colour of their skin. You don't see 'us' going over to their countries and carrying out lone wolf attacks. Our governments on the other hand have a lot to answer for.
all those involved with Daesh think that way, which is why I don't think removing ourselves from the Middle East would solve the issue

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 11:21:44 pm »

No I'm suggesting that those on the radar of the security services are probably threats to the country and need closer monitoring. Why are you bringing race into it?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:27 pm »
That's incredibly simplistic and would be fine if we had a big Men in Black jobbie that wiped the memories of everyone in the area. When you say we shouldn't drop bombs and let 'them' sort it out themselves does that mean we should have let the Kurds and others be massacred?

And besides, the numbers are tiny. I'd be far more concerned about being knifed by some little scrote who wants to nick my phone than I am of terrorism and even that doesn't really cross my mind.

I know it is simplistic Alan but as I said no one really has the answers. I just think it would be a good idea if the next generation of civilians grow up there without having half their family wiped out by a bomb that was supposed to be aimed at a group of terrorists. It may take a long time and it may not work but what we are doing currently certainly isn't working. Memories fade over time and it would be great if our generation could leave a lasting impression of peace rather than violence.

I absolutely abhor the treatment of minorities in every part of the world but I know what we are doing currently and have done in the past clearly hasn't worked and we must try another way.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:38 pm »
No I'm suggesting that those on the radar of the security services are probably threats to the country and need closer monitoring.

How though?

They may be on the radar of the security services but also may have not committed a crime. They cannot watch everyone on their radar 24/7. Particularly if they've not committed a crime. There may be hundreds or thousands of individuals who they have earmarked as a potential threat.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 11:28:10 pm »
all those involved with Daesh think that way, which is why I don't think removing ourselves from the Middle East would solve the issue

Yes they do now but that is after being brainwashed by propaganda perpetuated by a small minority of mad men. A bomb may kill 10 terrorists but it will create 20 more martyrs for the cause.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 11:30:01 pm »
Isn't that a direct quote from Bush?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:02 pm »
How though?

They may be on the radar of the security services but also may have not committed a crime. They cannot watch everyone on their radar 24/7. Particularly if they've not committed a crime. There may be hundreds or thousands of individuals who they have earmarked as a potential threat.

And with these kind of attacks there is little advance planning or coordination required which would alert the security services, its obviously going to be an issue going forwards, but as others have said as horrible as it is, its not worth giveing these scumbags what they want and letting it worry you or change what you do.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 11:40:17 pm »
How though?

They may be on the radar of the security services but also may have not committed a crime. They cannot watch everyone on their radar 24/7. Particularly if they've not committed a crime.

Good question. I'm not sure that the security services base their surveillance solely around those with convictions though.

I was talking to someone recently who works as an advisor to G4S and he was saying that the French are still alarmingly underprepared. There are a lot of potential shooters out there and they are really struggling to keep a lid on it.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2017, 11:41:56 pm »

Security services never win: if the terrorists are known to them, it's "why aren't they monitoring them?". When the attacker is unknown to them, it's "how come this guy is unknown"? And if and when security services do prevent an attack because of good intel, then... nobody says anything because nobody knows because preventing makes no noise.

Security services do valuable work. Some attacks can be prevented, some can't. We have to accept that. Improve what can be.