Other
7 (2.1%)
I will spoil my vote
3 (0.9%)
I will not be voting
28 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 329

Voting closed: May 31, 2017, 03:44:36 pm

Author Topic: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?  (Read 26134 times)

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
Re: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 07:02:38 pm »
Labour , not a Corbyn fan but cannot possibly vote for anyone else.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2017, 07:03:39 pm »
Mate's brother was appointed Head of Communications for the Green Party just six weeks ago. Text my mate earlier, his brother is majorly pissed off as he was due to be away during the early part of June, now just a few weeks into job he's on election footing. Things move quickly in politics.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 07:05:23 pm »
Conservatives probably

JOKE!!!

Edit: i feel like of i don't point out my white text I'll be shunned by RAWK for the rest of my days
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:47:22 pm by Sir Psycho Sexy »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 07:05:46 pm »
Corbyn just chose to side with the Tories because he believes in the same thing as them. And it's why as someone who wants to prevent/soften Brexit it just doesn't make any sense for me to vote Labour even though I'm in a LAB/CON marginal.

Corbyn has chosen to side with the Tories. That is true - and disappointing. And I believe he personally wanted to leave the EU. But I'm not sure that's why Labour took that position on it post-referendum - I believe it was the poisonous atmosphere from the press that made it impossible to try and defy the much-trumpeted 'will of the people'.

I still believe, as someone who pretty much despairs of Corbyn, on his wooly policies and his poor leadership, that Labour would provide a better post-Brexit outcome. When they do the thing where we change the laws back to British law, and the choice of which bits of EU law we keep and which we bin off, who do you want in charge of that - the Tories or Labour? Tories will rip up every workers right they can, every environmental regulation will be binned off, green energy, etc etc.

Not that I believe Labour will win the election. But if you've got a chance to stop the Tories getting a seat, its always worth holding your nose. Always. They may be a bit shit but they're not evil, scheming, over-privileged bastards like May and co.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 07:35:02 pm »
I voted Other as I'll be voting for the SNP. No idea who the Scottish Nationalist Party are.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 07:36:42 pm »
I voted Other as I'll be voting for the SNP. No idea who the Scottish Nationalist Party are.
A Scottish nationalist a party?

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 07:37:53 pm »
Alright, alright ya funny fuckers!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 07:43:50 pm »
Who the fuck voted for the DUP?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2017, 07:52:34 pm »
Lib Dems for me, cannot vote for a right/far right Tory government nor can I vote for a far left labour government filled with morons who would get outwitted by a 7 year old, so going with the ones who can hopefully have an influence on the biggest issue in my lifetime and I have no trust or faith in the big two.

And for the record I live in a constituency which is very strong labour but a lot who I know would never vote labour under Corbyn and they're fairly Centre/Centre left types who'd normally vote for them.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 08:06:56 pm »
I'm in a Tory seat that's been Labour in the past.

*My seat doesn't even appear on the tactical voting guides.
Same here. I'm still undecided.

I can't feel I can endorse the current "leadership" after abandoning me and the majority of Labour voters chasing the UKIP vote post-Brexit.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »
I can't see any way I can vote Labour in this election. Nothing about the leadership or vision for the future reflects any of the traditional values a Labour leadership should hold.

No bravery, mealy-mouthed, sedentary and for some fucking strange reason, seemingly hypnotised by the Tories at the moment and it's why that awful Harpy in charge of the country has plunged us into this election now. Even if Jimmy Savile was running for PM, he'd probably win against Labour.

The only thing that's stopping the Tories having a frightening majority is the devolved assemblies, thank Christ.

Philosophically, I am committed to the EU and the sentiments of remaining, so I see no other option than the Liberals, which will be a total waste in my constituency as it's one of the most rock-solid Tory seats in the country.

If you thought Brexit and the US presidency was depressing, that'll have nothing on the absolute mess we'll be in after June 8th.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 08:23:24 pm »
Lib Dems for me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 09:53:28 pm »
It's a foregone conclusion but if you live in a seat that has the chance to avoid adding to the Tory majority then you have to back the party that has the best chance to do so.

Corbyn is utterly useless and has no chance of winning but, if you vote Lib Dem in a Tory / Labour marginal then you end up with a Tory MP.

The only thing that can make Brexit easier / softer is for Labour to be the largest party and for the LDs to support them.

That is the only chance for a second vote on the Brexit terms.

Please use your vote wisely and vote for the candidate who has the best chance to defeat the Tory even if you do have to do so reluctantly
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2017, 09:59:16 pm »
I'd actually argue a lib dem surge could spook the Tories, even if they get a lot of second places like the kippers did two years ago

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2017, 10:15:27 pm »
I'd actually argue a lib dem surge could spook the Tories, even if they get a lot of second places like the kippers did two years ago

This is my thinking too. Even if it doesn't translate into seats it can still have a massive impact. Two years ago 3.9m swivel eyed loons and their 1 MP managed to force the hand of the government into the most momentous (and catastrophic) decision in modern history. If enough people make a firm vote for remain (i.e. vote Lib Dem) it'll have an impact too. MPs who know the whole thing's a disaster wont cravenly kowtow to the Brexit mob like they've been doing for the last 10 months and the ruling party will know that their future is at stake if they get it wrong by going for too hard a Brexit.

There's still a glimmer of hope that something can be done about this debacle, even if it's just ensuring the softest possible Brexit. This is it. We wont get another chance.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2017, 10:16:01 pm »
it's the only chance of limiting the Tory majority. If they can get to somewhere near the seats they got before 2015 then it could backfire on May. I fear though that the scale of the Labour losses will dwarf any Lib Dem gains

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2017, 10:18:50 pm »
This is my thinking too. Even if it doesn't translate into seats it can still have a massive impact. Two years ago 3.9m swivel eyed loons and their 1 MP managed to force the hand of the government into the most momentous (and catastrophic) decision in modern history. If enough people make a firm vote for remain (i.e. vote Lib Dem) it'll have an impact too. MPs who know the whole thing's a disaster wont cravenly kowtow to the Brexit mob like they've been doing for the last 10 months and the ruling party will know that their future is at stake if they get it wrong by going for too hard a Brexit.

There's still a glimmer of hope that something can be done about this debacle, even if it's just ensuring the softest possible Brexit. This is it. We wont get another chance.
voting Lib Dem in a Tory/Labour marginal like you are planning to do only plays into the Tory hands though and that one extra MP means a hard Brexit is all the more likely

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2017, 10:23:17 pm »
voting Lib Dem in a Tory/Labour marginal like you are planning to do only plays into the Tory hands though and that one extra MP means a hard Brexit is all the more likely

Yeah I know mate, I'm proper conflicted. But I just can't vote for a pro-Brexit party like Corbyn's Labour knowing that I had the chance to make an anti-Brexit vote, however insignificant that vote may be.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:58 pm »
If you want a Labour Govt. vote Labour.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2017, 10:27:15 pm »
They talk about the shy Tory voter. theres going to be big shy Lib Dem vote as well.
Am surprised people think the Lib Dems vote wont be far bigger in this GE. there are millions of people who are very pissed off over the way Brexit has been handled, who else are they going to vote for.
I dont think anyone has any idea how many seats they will gain but am certain their vote share will be far bigger.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:13 pm »
I am a floating voter who lives in a marginal seat, I will vote on June 8th as I know my vote will make a difference.
Justice for the 96!

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:48 pm »
Yeah I know mate, I'm proper conflicted. But I just can't vote for a pro-Brexit party like Corbyn's Labour knowing that I had the chance to make an anti-Brexit vote, however insignificant that vote may be.
the only chance of a soft Brexit or no Brexit is by a Labour largest party and supported by the Lib Dems. Voting for the Lib Dems in your constituency limits the chances of that happening and I urge you to think very carefully about the implications of doing so

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2017, 10:40:06 pm »
Two fucking shameless Tories now! I hope neither of those are reds

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2017, 10:46:26 pm »
Two fucking shameless Tories now! I hope neither of those are reds

Some of our poster are none too bright or co-ordinated. They may well be misclicks. Or trolls.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2017, 10:48:59 pm »
the only chance of a soft Brexit or no Brexit is by a Labour largest party and supported by the Lib Dems. Voting for the Lib Dems in your constituency limits the chances of that happening and I urge you to think very carefully about the implications of doing so

But isn't Corbyn a big cheerleader for Brexit? His pre-Referendum disappearing act and half hearted "7 out of 10" nonsense followed by his post Brexit enthusiasm for rushing the whole thing through and "will of the people" bullshit (I've never seen the old boy so energised since he got to champion Brexit, he's making Frottage look like a remoaner) makes me think that Labour being the largest party isn't going to be a good thing for us Remainers. Why do you think otherwise?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »
I'll be voting Labour in a marginal seat with a good sitting MP.

If it was one of Corbyn's coterie I wouldn't be voting.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2017, 10:53:02 pm »
Some of our poster are none too bright or co-ordinated. They may well be misclicks. Or trolls.
or pressed the wrong button, fat fingers and all that

They talk about the shy Tory voter. theres going to be big shy Lib Dem vote as well.
Am surprised people think the Lib Dems vote wont be far bigger in this GE. there are millions of people who are very pissed off over the way Brexit has been handled, who else are they going to vote for.
I dont think anyone has any idea how many seats they will gain but am certain their vote share will be far bigger.
theyve had massive gains in the by elections and have gained a seat (compared to labour losing one they've always held), as well as doing well in the local elections so wouldn't be surprised if the shy lib dem vote comes from the labour 'pile' as opposed to those votes going to the Tories.

Get the feeling they're forgiven mostly for the fallout from 2015, apart from a few on rawk.

personally I'd be stunned if many Tory/labour marginal that was won by the Tories goes to labour, if any do

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2017, 11:01:17 pm »
personally I'd be stunned if many Tory/labour marginal that was won by the Tories goes to labour, if any do

Indeed. Think the definition of a marginal will need to be readjusted somewhat. Current real Labour-Tory marginals are likely to be fairly solid Tory seats in a few weeks. It'll be important to vote Labour in the seats that look relatively comfortable now - they're the ones that will be touch and go.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2017, 11:21:32 pm »
or pressed the wrong button, fat fingers and all that
theyve had massive gains in the by elections and have gained a seat (compared to labour losing one they've always held), as well as doing well in the local elections so wouldn't be surprised if the shy lib dem vote comes from the labour 'pile' as opposed to those votes going to the Tories.

If you look at how bad things have gone since 2015 (NHS,Welfare,schools, council funding slashed.referendum to appease the right wing Torys) then theres a argument they held the Torys in check. I will be surprised if the Lib Dems and Labour dont argue this in their campaign.
May has a nerve arguing voting for the Torys if you want stability considering all the damage they've done.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2017, 11:23:24 pm »
If you look at how bad things have gone since 2015 (NHS,Welfare,schools, council funding slashed.referendum to appease the right wing Torys) then theres a argument they held the Torys in check. I will be surprised if the Lib Dems and Labour dont argue this in their campaign.
May has a nerve arguing voting for the Torys if you want stability considering all the damage they've done.

She has a point. Wages are frozen. How much more stable would you like to get?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2017, 11:26:20 pm »
see I've felt that for a while a few years from now the lib dems role in the coalition will be viewed much more favourably than in 2015, sadly they can't make that point as it'd be political suicide

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2017, 11:30:04 pm »
She has a point. Wages are frozen. How much more stable would you like to get?
:)
While inflation rises. shes doing the Torys proud
               Emily Maitlis

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2017, 11:34:04 pm »
Undecided between LibDems and Labour (and I'm a bloody Labour member).

Safe Tory seat so ultimately makes sod all difference anyway

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2017, 11:35:50 pm »
I have no issue with someone voting unionist, but I don't understand how anyone can vote DUP. They're like a more right wing version of UKIP.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2017, 11:37:03 pm »
see I've felt that for a while a few years from now the lib dems role in the coalition will be viewed much more favourably than in 2015, sadly they can't make that point as it'd be political suicide
Why do you think it's political suicide to say we held the Torys in check.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2017, 11:42:49 pm »
Labour, in a safe Labour seat.

If certain things worked out job-wise, I could be based in Islington North - that would pose a much more difficult answer to this threads question.

I don't think Corbyn will resign when he leads Labour to decimation. Hypothetically, if it appeared that his very safe seat was at risk it might tempt me to consider voting a different party for the first time in my life. Maybe. One of the few times Labour having one fewer MP might actually be a positive in the long run to being a decent party again

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2017, 11:54:58 pm »
Labour, in a safe Labour seat.

If certain things worked out job-wise, I could be based in Islington North - that would pose a much more difficult answer to this threads question.

I don't think Corbyn will resign when he leads Labour to decimation. Hypothetically, if it appeared that his very safe seat was at risk it might tempt me to consider voting a different party for the first time in my life. Maybe. One of the few times Labour having one fewer MP might actually be a positive in the long run to being a decent party again

I was looking for more abiout the Lib Dem candidate against Corbyn, but found this:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2017-lib-dem-candidate-terry-stacy-says-backing-brexit-could-cost-emily-thornberry-islington-south-1-4979622
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2017-caroline-russell-says-islington-north-voters-are-at-their-wit-s-end-with-corbyn-over-brexit-1-4979743

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islington_North_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#Elections_in_the_2010s

That is one seat where a Remainers agreement between the Lib Dems and the Greens would be in both parties' interests. The Greens probably stand a better chance of hoovering up the disaffected Labour remainers.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2017, 12:03:42 am »
I was looking for more abiout the Lib Dem candidate against Corbyn, but found this:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2017-lib-dem-candidate-terry-stacy-says-backing-brexit-could-cost-emily-thornberry-islington-south-1-4979622
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2017-caroline-russell-says-islington-north-voters-are-at-their-wit-s-end-with-corbyn-over-brexit-1-4979743

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islington_North_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#Elections_in_the_2010s

That is one seat where a Remainers agreement between the Lib Dems and the Greens would be in both parties' interests. The Greens probably stand a better chance of hoovering up the disaffected Labour remainers.

Before having looked into either candidate, I wondered if Lib Dems might have a better chance than the Greens (assuming they come back from 2015 nadir). It's something I'll be watching with interest.

Really don't want to be complacent with my Labour vote, despite it being in a mostly safe seat, but if there was a groundswell (and pact) against Corbyn in Islington I'd think very carefully about trying to add one against Corbyn to start Labour on the first steps forward
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:06:16 am by Classycara »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2017, 12:04:58 am »
Why do you think it's political suicide to say we held the Torys in check.
because i doubt many will see it like that, more like theyre yellow tories