Other
7 (2.1%)
I will spoil my vote
3 (0.9%)
I will not be voting
28 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 329

Voting closed: May 31, 2017, 03:44:36 pm

Author Topic: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?  (Read 26157 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2017, 07:14:41 pm »
Indeed, you're right. Tories are not angels, and I don't agree with absolutely everything they say or do. But that's not the point; you asked what lives Labour have wrecked.

For the record, I oppose these stupid foreign wars whether Tories or Labour start them.
Fucking hell... you're not shitting me....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:02 pm »
You don't have the class to be a toff. I picture you more as a loadsamoney wannabe.
I'm a working-class landscape gardener from a small village in the South West. I'm neither rich nor poor; I do okay, but could be better off. Regardless, I've got no desire to be rich, so the loadsamoney wannabe thing is not accurate.

I wouldn't want to be a toff anyway. Imagine the heating bills the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg must run up in their mansions. :o

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:48 pm »
There is no credible path to them getting the levers of power. None whatsoever.

Not a chance I'm prepared to take.  Voting for labour undeniably strengthens their leader's position.  I'm not a labour supporter, I'm someone who sometimes votes labour, they need to know people like me won't even look in their direction with the current policy focus, they need an electoral disaster and then the loons will crawl under the rock under which they've come and the more thoughtful, intelligent, moderate voices can be heard again.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2017, 07:24:35 pm »
There is disagreeing with a policy, and there is voting Tory. Voting Tory is voting for the continuation of the current policies that are demonstrably causing incredible harm. You don't have the class to be a toff. I picture you more as a loadsamoney wannabe.

You have not judged your audience too well.

Metaphorically, pretty well yes. It is grossly insensitive and provocative. And it smells.
Aren't most people? Do you not work for money and want to earn as much as possible? No one works for free.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2017, 07:27:48 pm »
May's Tories are not a mainstream party by any definition that would have held even 2 years ago.
The Tories are as mainstream as you can get. Full of Blairite politicians who are interested in power. Corbyn is interested in ideology. He would not put power above ideology which is one of the reasons he won't be Prime Minister.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2017, 07:30:42 pm »
The Tories are as mainstream as you can get. Full of Blairite politicians who are interested in power. Corbyn is interested in ideology. He would not put power above ideology which is one of the reasons he won't be Prime Minister.

I think you're confusing mainstream with ideology - the Tories haven't swerved from their ideology since the 80s; if anything they're more entrenched
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2017, 07:35:18 pm »
I think you're confusing mainstream with ideology - the Tories haven't swerved from their ideology since the 80s; if anything they're more entrenched
David Cameron made them much softer compared to Thatcher to the eyes of the electorate. They know how to adapt and change with the times. Labour on the other hand have went from what worked in the late 20th century and early 2000s to returning to something that got battered in the 80s. It obviously makes no sense to not move with the times.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2017, 07:38:45 pm »
David Cameron made them much softer compared to Thatcher to the eyes of the electorate. They know how to adapt and change with the times. Labour on the other hand have went from what worked in the late 20th century and early 2000s to returning to something that got battered in the 80s. It obviously makes no sense to not move with the times.

Nah, dismantling the welfare state, rampant privatisation and destruction of unions/workers' rights have pretty much been a constant theme - Cameron enforced austerity on the back of the financial crash against the recommendations of the majority of financial institutions - IMF etc.
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2017, 07:40:45 pm »
Aren't most people? Do you not work for money and want to earn as much as possible? No one works for free.

Loadsamoney was about the attitude, not the money. I do not want to earn as much as possible. I could double my income, but would decimate my quality of life.

Money is necessary to live, but is not a goal in itself.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »

Cameron was socially liberal, whilst being the same old story on spending.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2017, 07:44:17 pm »
We absolutely agree on something!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2017, 07:44:58 pm »
Loadsamoney was about the attitude, not the money. I do not want to earn as much as possible. I could double my income, but would decimate my quality of life.

But football is.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2017, 07:48:15 pm »
Quote from: SP link=topic=335315.msg15286862#msg15286862 date=1492800045 I do not want to earn a I could double my income, but would decimate my quality of life.

[/quote

Fair enough. It's providing the best quality of life to my family which motivates me.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2017, 09:55:58 pm »
cameron was basically as good as you are likely to get from the Tory party

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2017, 09:56:56 pm »
This thread might change about 11 people's minds, so it's not really worth arguing about is it?

This thread on 10 forums is 110 people ;D

100 forums....

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2017, 11:57:42 pm »
Live in a Lib Dem/Tory marginal. Will be voting Lib Dem and hating myself for being a member of one party and voting for another.

We desperately need PR in this country.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2017, 12:27:10 am »
Live in a Lib Dem/Tory marginal. Will be voting Lib Dem and hating myself for being a member of one party and voting for another.

We desperately need PR in this country.

We do indeed, but have probably rarely been less likely to get it.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2017, 11:06:07 am »
We do indeed, but have probably rarely been less likely to get it.

When I was helping out a group called Make Votes Matter, we became aware of 5 Tory MPs in favour of PR. More and more Labour MPs are becoming supportive.

The biggest issue is that most Tory MPs will call you anti democratic for ignoring the result of the 2011 referendum despite the fact that no PR option was ever on the ballot.

I also think that the decision on voting systems should be taken out of the hands of those who benefit directly from it. Labour and Tory MPs are more likely to stay in their jobs under FPTP. Clear conflict of interest.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2017, 11:14:28 am »

It might surprise you to find out that not everyone wants to 'earn as much as possible' - many would rather be at a place they like doing a job they enjoy in an area they want to live.

It probably would surprise you as well that some people are more than happy to pay their taxes as they feel they are contributing to the society in which they belong. They want to fund the NHS, the Police, the Schools, the Infrastructure and they want to use their taxes to help those less well off. They want to help kids get a good education, they want to help older people get help and assistance in their old age, they want a safe place where everyone contributes and everyone pays their way.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2017, 11:28:10 am »
When I was helping out a group called Make Votes Matter, we became aware of 5 Tory MPs in favour of PR. More and more Labour MPs are becoming supportive.

The biggest issue is that most Tory MPs will call you anti democratic for ignoring the result of the 2011 referendum despite the fact that no PR option was ever on the ballot.

I also think that the decision on voting systems should be taken out of the hands of those who benefit directly from it. Labour and Tory MPs are more likely to stay in their jobs under FPTP. Clear conflict of interest.
A compromise could be the merging of two constituencies (so one MP elected for a FPTP system) with a second MP taken from a "pool" the particular party has with the number of these made up whatever percentage from the total number of votes that part got.  If the number comes up short then you go down the list until the 325 is reached.

Eg with the 325 MPs and a total number of votes of 30,691,680 you'd have a split of:
Conservative: 120 MPs
Labour: 99 MPs
UKIP: 41 MPs
Lib Dem: 26 MPs
SNP: 15 MPs
Green: 12 MPs
DUP: 2 MPs
Plaid Cymru: 2 MPs
Sinn Fein: 2 MPs
UUP: 1 MP
SDLP: 1 MP
Alliance: 1 MP
TUSC: 1 MP
National Health Action: 1 MP
TUV: 1 MP

George Galloway's Respect would JUST miss out.  Shame.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2017, 11:31:02 am »
I'd vote Labour, but they don't have a sniff in my constituency, will vote Lib Dems as they held the seat for 14 years before the last GE. Hopefully dislodge the Tories.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2017, 12:03:48 pm »
I'm a working-class landscape gardener from a small village in the South West. I'm neither rich nor poor; I do okay, but could be better off. Regardless, I've got no desire to be rich, so the loadsamoney wannabe thing is not accurate.

I wouldn't want to be a toff anyway. Imagine the heating bills the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg must run up in their mansions. :o

We live in roughly the same area and I'm guessing have roughly the same income, I'm really curious what Conservative policies appeal to you over, say, Lib Dem alternatives? I know that Labour don't register much in this area for historic reasons, but I would be up for a discussion about Tory versus Lib Dem options.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2017, 12:46:43 pm »
A compromise could be the merging of two constituencies (so one MP elected for a FPTP system) with a second MP taken from a "pool" the particular party has with the number of these made up whatever percentage from the total number of votes that part got.  If the number comes up short then you go down the list until the 325 is reached.

Eg with the 325 MPs and a total number of votes of 30,691,680 you'd have a split of:

That's not entirely dissimilar to AMS which is a form of PR.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2017, 01:30:22 pm »
That's not entirely dissimilar to AMS which is a form of PR.
And there I was thinking I was just a clever fuck. :D  I feel like it would be less likely to be slapped down like AV was because it still contains the familiarity of FPTP.  People would probably kick off over the constituency changes though, Wallasey and Birkenhead would probably be under one while Wirral West and South would be another under that system (for my local area).
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »

one downside is that independent candidates campaigning on local issues especially, like communities where fracking is a big issue would have no chance of getting in and it'd limit MPs to those in parties.

If anything PR should be done by each country in the union who gets a set number of MPs, not sure how many SNP seats would be there if you did the Scottish seats split by PR compared to your method?

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2017, 01:50:29 pm »
The easiest way for the UK to start to move towards PR would probably just be to replace the House of Lords with an Upper House elected on that basis.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2017, 01:51:53 pm »
Think, I will spoil my vote, as none of the parties deserve my vote.
#Sausages

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 22, 2017, 02:10:22 pm »
What about the people relying on food banks, do they deserve a political party who'd look after them better? Or should we just not bother?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2017, 02:20:13 pm »

Ordinarily I would respect such a decision.  However I will qualify that with this quote from the 12th Doctor:

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones.  But you still have to choose."

If you feel that spoiling your ballot is your best option in an era of mass homelessness, foodbanks and permanent NHS crisis then I urge you to reconsider your decision.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2017, 02:33:09 pm »
Well you know the old saying, you can ignore politics but politics won't ignore you.
A low turnout will suit the Torys down to the ground.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2017, 07:02:01 pm »
one downside is that independent candidates campaigning on local issues especially, like communities where fracking is a big issue would have no chance of getting in and it'd limit MPs to those in parties.

You only have to look at the situation in Ireland to realise that wouldn't be a bad thing - the Dail is packed with Independents which makes forming stable governments almost impossible now. Local issues should be tackled at the local level.

The easiest way for the UK to start to move towards PR would probably just be to replace the House of Lords with an Upper House elected on that basis.

Absolutely. I think that is a good compromise between the advantages of PR and having one MP per constituency. The latter would be better with AV of course but that was far too complicated for the Britich electorate of course.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2017, 09:52:31 pm »
There's been a lot of talk of the Lib Dems taking Labour votes, but is there any hope of many of the 39% of Tories who voted remain also voting Lib Dem? As loads of people who voted Conservative in 2015 were floating voters rather than hardcore Tory members there has to be a chance, right? I mean, as a group of people who tend to love making money then surely enough of them must realise that Brexit means economic suicide and will hit their pockets hard.

Offline Danny55

• Main Stander
  • Evertonian
« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2017, 10:46:34 pm »
There's been a lot of talk of the Lib Dems taking Labour votes, but is there any hope of many of the 39% of Tories who voted remain also voting Lib Dem? As loads of people who voted Conservative in 2015 were floating voters rather than hardcore Tory members there has to be a chance, right? I mean, as a group of people who tend to love making money then surely enough of them must realise that Brexit means economic suicide and will hit their pockets hard.

They'll be voting Tory because the majority of people will do as theyre told by The Mail and The S*n.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2017, 11:33:15 pm »
They'll be voting Tory because the majority of people will do as theyre told by The Mail and The S*n.

Don't be so sure - look at what happened in Richmond.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2017, 11:52:13 pm »

Yes, I think some will. I suspect the Lib Dems will gain up to 15-20 seats. Probably the best part of those would, like Richmond, be at the expense of the Cons

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Voting dilemma
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2017, 01:00:13 pm »
Voted Labour all my life but Corbyn is more up for leaving Europe than the Tories.

Thinking of voting for a progressive party that stands for something.

What's annoying is the number of votes Labour would have gained opposing Brexit

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Voting dilemma
« Reply #276 on: April 23, 2017, 01:07:53 pm »
I'm thinking the same too but First off Liverpool is solid labour so a vote for a progressive party will just possibly be a small token on your behalf unless a  really good pro European figure stood as an independent . But even going pro Europe as a policy still means corbyn in charge and he's just not up for the job at all , even today announcing 4 bank holidays for the saints of each country what's that about , having a day off because of some mythical figure ...whoever decided on that as a pledge needs sacking .

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #277 on: April 23, 2017, 01:13:18 pm »
Yeah my area is solid Labour and to be fair Maria Eagle does a good job.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »
having a day off because of some mythical figure ...whoever decided on that as a pledge needs sacking .

There goes Easter and Christmas then.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »
Yeah but they were pretty much decided hundreds of years ago and anyway I like chocolate , presents and getting pissed