Author Topic: Pre-Match Thread - Liverpool V Crystal Palace, Sunday 23 April, 16.30  (Read 38356 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Pre-Match Thread - Liverpool V Crystal Palace, Sunday 23 April, 16.30
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2017, 07:03:30 pm »
Still time to catch a virus though. :no

Has anti-virus installed

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2017, 07:05:31 pm »
Origi hat trick in the offing.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2017, 07:05:52 pm »
Why woodburn? Are Firmino Origi or Coutinho not playing? Or are you contemplating that someone drops to the midfield? Even though Lucas and Klavan trained and Matip was in training pics?

What I am saying is IF all those players are injured then who else plays?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2017, 07:08:03 pm »
What I am saying is IF all those players are injured then who else plays?

Ahh got it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2017, 07:59:48 pm »
It will be an interesting game tomorrow and has gone up a notch with the results from today's matches. With Hull winning Crystal Palace are near to the relegation spots again, so they will need to get some points tomorrow. As for us a win is a must, winner takes all as they say.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2017, 10:22:10 pm »
Yeah we could have done without those results today.  Tomorrow was a free hit for Palace and now it's not, quite.  Doubly so if Burnley win as expected in the early game tomorrow.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2017, 10:27:35 pm »
Yeah we could have done without those results today.  Tomorrow was a free hit for Palace and now it's not, quite.  Doubly so if Burnley win as expected in the early game tomorrow.

I prefer to have Palace come to Anfield under pressure, with expectations to get something from the game and see them willing to commit and attack. We do best when teams come to play.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2017, 10:28:22 pm »

On the other hand though it means they will have to attack which will play into our hands as well. We just need to be savvy about when to go all out, and continue to defend more intelligently. Those last two games have proved we can game manage when we make the right decisions. The most important thing will be getting an early goal and getting Anfield on our side, from the beginning. I feel quite confident that Bobby will be instrumental once again tomorrow.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2017, 10:35:02 pm »
On the other hand though it means they will have to attack which will play into our hands as well. We just need to be savvy about when to go all out, and continue to defend more intelligently. Those last two games have proved we can game manage when we make the right decisions. The most important thing will be getting an early goal and getting Anfield on our side, from the beginning. I feel quite confident that Bobby will be instrumental once again tomorrow.
They won't change their game plan on 24 hours notice. They'll come for a draw as they've got home games against Hull and Burnley, winning just one of those would be enough. Any points from their other games will be seen as a bonus.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2017, 11:35:01 pm »
Who are their starting CBs for tommorrow? I feel they will struggle without Sahko.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2017, 11:37:56 pm »
4-1

This lot are shit.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2017, 11:39:45 pm »
We will have to be prepared for park the bus tactics. I have to agree Sam is going to set them up to attack for the first few minutes and then park the bus. His aim is to get something from the game. His aim is to get at least a point and 3 points will be a bonus

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2017, 11:42:43 pm »
They'll come for a draw as they've got home games against Hull and Burnley, winning just one of those would be enough. Any points from their other games will be seen as a bonus.

Don't think they'll come for a draw. Think they'll come thinking 'this would be a bonus' against us and Spurs before they play those key games v Burnley and Hull (not to mention games against M. City and M.Ted in and around), so I think they'll come with their natural game... they're not going to sit back. They'll come thinking they can win it - the usual 'don't let them score early' type thing - but they know they can beat teams.

They're pretty much safe, but they'll know they can take points off us, Spurs MCity and/or Unted while they focus on those two games they have. They'll be looking forward to it.

Someone in the injury thread mentioned that Benteke would have Gomez for breakfast... well, he hasn't really had anyone for breakfast so far. He's played 90 mins nearly every game and has a very binary code looking sheet of numbers. The one time he did score 2 was against Southampton and the £50m rated Van Dijk, so not sure about that one.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2017, 11:48:45 pm »
We can't allow ourselves to start as badly as we did against Burnley and Bournemouth. We might not get away with it this time. We've got to start fast and hit them hard. Try and get this game won early on if we can.
Exactly. You could feel the angst early on against Bournemouth. Any danger just HOOF it upfield for Origi(at least early on).
Nothing worse than needing to get 2 goals against these sides.
As an aside some touted formations if our defenders don't make it have Clyne moving over to left back and TAA at right back.
What an indictment of Moreno - we paid 18 mill for him and we are terrified to play him. About time he grew up.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2017, 12:12:55 am »
Who are their starting CBs for tommorrow? I feel they will struggle without Sahko.

Martin Kelly has partnered Sakho the last couple of games...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Gerrard-2-Torres

• Main Stander
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2017, 01:09:35 am »
4-1

This lot are shit.

We shouldn't underestimate any opposition mate.

Palace are actually decent and can easily cause us problems. Zaha has been in excellent form and Benteke as well. They certainly pose a threat going forward, especially their wingers who will look to swing in crosses for Benteke and/or constantly hoof it up to him. If we maintain the same level of quality and grittiness as our previous two matches we can take all 3 points, but again it will come down to cutting off Benteke's supply.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2017, 01:12:49 am »
Martin Kelly has partnered Sakho the last couple of games...

Tomkins tomorrow I think.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2017, 01:25:44 am »
Let's dump Sam back into the relegation mire
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2017, 02:02:53 am »
A draw here wouldn't necessarily be a bad result if we're looking to cement 4th place - put's us another game out of reach even if United and Arsenal win their game in hand. It would be a blow to our aspirations of getting 3rd though.

As we all know Palace are a bit of a bogey side for us - think it will be another nervy affair.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2017, 02:38:46 am »
Palace is in good form recently, but I am very confident we would take all 3 points this time.
Believer

Offline Ken Doral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2017, 02:56:04 am »
Can't remember the last time we just came out at Anfield against mid table opposition and just blew their plan out of the water with some early goals.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2017, 04:30:22 am »
I was liking having to play before United and being able to put pressure on them.

If they drop points before our game we will smash these. If we're put under pressure by a United win? We'll see what we're made of.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2017, 04:31:23 am »
Despise playing Palace more than almost any other side. I seem to only have crap memories of this one, would love to destroy them so utterly that Fat Sam is left a crying wreck.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2017, 04:38:03 am »
Despise playing Palace more than almost any other side. I seem to only have crap memories of this one, would love to destroy them so utterly that Fat Sam is left a crying wreck.

I did enjoy beating Tony "top manager, top bloke, great character, top banter, type of lad I'd have a pint with, would create a legacy at a big club but they won't give him a job because he's English" Pulis.

Allarardyce is even more self righteous than Pulis so it would be nice to send him closer to where he should be - relegation battles.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2017, 05:02:59 am »
Can't remember the last time we just came out at Anfield against mid table opposition and just blew their plan out of the water with some early goals.

March 4th.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2017, 08:07:03 am »
 :(

Today hopefully, it's long overdue and Sam Allerdyce's team will be on the receiving end. 5-0!!!

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2017, 08:14:26 am »
March 4th.

Arsenal was 4th at the time. Dropped to 5th when we beat them. That's not what I call midtable.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2017, 08:29:01 am »
Hopefully this is the line up for today , personally think that's our best possible line up from hopefully who's available.
Think it's our best back 4 and personally quite confident when Matip and Lovern play together.

Mignolet; Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner; Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum; Firmino, Coutinho, Origi.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2017, 08:35:37 am »
Hopefully that is the lineup and Matip, Lovren and Lucas can do to Benteke, what they did to Lukaku. Completely isolate him.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2017, 09:41:55 am »
Cut the supply and Benteke offers nothing.

But our focus should be on how to get at Palace, not how Palace can get at us.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2017, 09:42:39 am »
Another big one today. Fingers crossed we can get the job done.

Emre and Lucas to cut off big Ben's supply line (Zaha and Cabaye).

Come on the Redmen!

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2017, 09:45:48 am »

Kelly and Tomkins or Delaney. Tomkins has been out injured for 3 weeks so lacks match fitness, same as Delaney.

van Aanholt also likely to return from injury at LB, so really a makeshift and unfit backline which we have to exploit.

Likely lineups:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:48:09 am by The Final Third »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2017, 10:01:23 am »
I did enjoy beating Tony "top manager, top bloke, great character, top banter, type of lad I'd have a pint with, would create a legacy at a big club but they won't give him a job because he's English" Pulis.

Allarardyce is even more self righteous than Pulis so it would be nice to send him closer to where he should be - relegation battles.

Pulis is Welsh. ;)

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2017, 10:21:56 am »
First rule of football - players always play blinders against their former clubs. May as well put money on it now.

Liverpool 1 (Clyne) - Palace 0

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2017, 10:30:45 am »
unbeaten in the league when Matip and Lovern  have started together ...

Liverpool's form in the Premier League when Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren have started the game this season:

DWWDWWDWDDWDWW

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2017, 10:42:04 am »
What's the latest on the availability of Matip, Klavan, Lucas and Sturridge?

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2017, 10:46:26 am »
unbeaten in the league when Matip and Lovern  have started together ...

Liverpool's form in the Premier League when Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren have started the game this season:

DWWDWWDWDDWDWW

So frustrating to read that. They could improve that record of they got 15-20+ games in a row too.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2017, 12:26:34 pm »
Come on Redmen - let's fucking do these !!!  :scarf

Working until 9pm , so going to have to avoid the result all day.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2017, 12:49:09 pm »
First rule of football - players always play blinders against their former clubs. May as well put money on it now.

Liverpool 1 (Clyne) - Palace 0

If that were true we would've smashed Southampton repeatedly this season.

Mignolet
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
Can
Wijnaldum Coutinho
Firmino          Woodburn
Origi

Probably won't be this but it'd be fun to watch.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:51:14 pm by Schmidt »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2017, 12:52:16 pm »
I have some fond memories of palace at anfield. It is natural to worry about the game especially when it is getting to crunch time of the season but we cannot forget we are much much better and are at home. We are capable of comfortably beating them.

3-1 to us
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019