Author Topic: Frozen email account.  (Read 1034 times)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Frozen email account.
« on: April 13, 2017, 02:04:38 pm »
My email account has been with tiscali for years (I know  :().  I don't have an account with them.

Past few days they appear to have invalidated my password, so I can't get on my emails, and cannot change the password.

I've tried contacting them but am getting nowhere.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm not good at this sort of thing. I've even thought of sending the laptop away to one of these computer forensic firms....

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Frozen email account.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »
I can help but I'll need your mother's maiden name, your bank account and sort code and your pin number...

Seriously... Have you checked message boards? It's highly unlikely that you will be the only person with the same problem. Have a look through message boards using search terms like 'invalid password Tiscali emails' etc  (I found this one but haven't checked it) and there may be some useful advice in there.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Invalid-Password-Unable-to-access-Tiscali-email/td-p/1716188/page/2

Be wary of anything that feels like my first line and be wary of downloading any software without checking it out.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Frozen email account.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:17:41 pm »
I can help but I'll need your mother's maiden name, your bank account and sort code and your pin number...

Seriously... Have you checked message boards? It's highly unlikely that you will be the only person with the same problem. Have a look through message boards using search terms like 'invalid password Tiscali emails' etc  (I found this one but haven't checked it) and there may be some useful advice in there.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Invalid-Password-Unable-to-access-Tiscali-email/td-p/1716188/page/2

Be wary of anything that feels like my first line and be wary of downloading any software without checking it out.

Thanks Alan.  Yes I did try searching, found links to 'tiscali community forum' but have had no replies to the messages I posted. Have you any experience of these forensic services? Because I'm pretty sure if my emails had criminality involved, they could be accessed password or not! As soon as I get the addresses stored you can rest assured I will be setting up a new account with more reliable providers!