Author Topic: Terrorism Incident outside UK Parliament  (Read 38532 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Shots fired outside UK Parliament
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 04:15:16 pm »
My heart sinks...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 04:16:02 pm »
This is hardly worth mentioning, but I wish reporters would ditch the current fashion for referring to someone as 'they' for fear of prejudging gender.  They describe medical treatment of two people in the parliament grounds and then say something like 'it seems clear that they are dead', but it isn't clear if they mean one or both.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 04:16:43 pm »
From the Press Association: "One woman has died and a number of others have been hurt - including some with “catastrophic” injuries - in the incident on Westminster Bridge, a junior doctor at St Thomas’ Hospital has said."

Absolutely awful, hope all those injured can make a full recovery.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 04:16:58 pm »
This is hardly worth mentioning, but I wish reporters would ditch the current fashion for referring to someone as 'they' for fear of prejudging gender.  They describe medical treatment of two people in the parliament grounds and then say something like 'it seems clear that they are dead', but it isn't clear if they mean one or both.

Does it matter?

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 04:17:05 pm »
awful news

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 04:20:47 pm »
terrible news indeed. wishing speedy recovery to all injured. any new from who may be responsible?

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 04:24:38 pm »
terrible news indeed. wishing speedy recovery to all injured. any new from who may be responsible?

As of now it seems just one lone psycho. Gotta say though the police/emergency response is incredible, it seems it might be all over but they are not taking any chances at all.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2017, 04:25:07 pm »
Without wanting to I've seen some pretty awful imagery courtesy of Sky News. Can you imagine fighting for your life, looking helplessly around you and just seeing pricks film you. Fuck social media and fuck people.

Yep people like this make my blood boil

https://twitter.com/Yga_Saddler/status/844579463975317505

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2017, 04:29:24 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2017, 04:31:20 pm »

That is unbelievable. Its beyond a parody.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 04:33:19 pm »
If you search #Westminster on Twitter one of the posts toward the top is some guy tweeting with a picture of Obama saying it's not ISIS fault (with a sarcasm tag) and blaming extremists in ISIS for this already... it's incredible how quickly people use a tragedy for their own tragedy. Sickening.

RIP to the lady who's passed away. Hope the others pull through.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 04:38:31 pm »

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I've been following this on BBC News and a reporter's been asked to describe the scene. She mentioned something along the lines of 'dozens of journalists using fixed position cameras and iPhones reporting on the scene". He looks like he's part of the press scrum and the angle of the phone looks like it's facing down the street (like the other press cameras) rather than at him for a selfie.

He may well be a lowlife but, unless you know who he is, it's too early to say.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 04:43:52 pm »
He may well be a lowlife but, unless you know who he is, it's too early to say.

Exactly. People are far too quick to jump to conclusions based on nothing except... err... mobile phone images.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »
Not to mention 99.9% of people around there are usually tourists snapping away at absolutely everything. Any crowd etc could mean anything to a tourist just there trying to soak it all in - possibly disconnected for the timebeing. I have a general distaste for selfie sticks but not going to pass judgement

The people on the bridge. Well, that's a tough one. I think it's fantastic for law enforcement that these videos can be captured so readily. Not great that they're on the internet before anyone knows what's going on. Also potential these ppl may have been more useful if they'd tried to help (but once again, we weren't there so can't judge really)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 04:46:38 pm »
Fucking scum.
He may of course just be thoughtless...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 04:47:13 pm »
Dreadful stuff.
bollocks

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »
Wow, the acting commissioner of the Met was on the scene and is a significant witness of the event.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 04:50:07 pm »
So sad, I hope those injured are able to recover.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 04:52:09 pm »
Picture of the suspect being treated
Spoiler

[close]

Put in spoiler tags in case people don't want to see. Hope he lives so the scumbag can spend the rest of his days behind bars, and not be a martyr
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 04:53:54 pm »
What is the difference between a member of the public taking a photo and sharing it online and a freelance photographer taking photos to make a gallery like the below?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2017/mar/22/house-of-commons-and-westminster-bridge-attack-in-pictures
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2017, 04:54:10 pm »
From ITV's Chris Ship, sounds miraculous if she is ok:

A woman was pulled alive from the River Thames and is being treated by paramedics on a nearby pier. It's thought she was on bridge at time

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2017, 04:55:54 pm »
The suspect is innocent until proven guilty....

This could potentially be a terrible accident..
W

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »

Accidentally mowed down a bunch of people on a bridge, crashed a car into Westminster and then stabbed a police officer? Behave

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2017, 04:58:22 pm »

What the fuck?.....

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2017, 04:58:51 pm »
Is it one attacker or two?

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »

Yeah that's why the met Rep refused to say wether it's all over or not

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2017, 05:00:49 pm »
Is it one attacker or two?

Seems like it's just one

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 05:03:17 pm »
From ITV's Chris Ship, sounds miraculous if she is ok:

A woman was pulled alive from the River Thames and is being treated by paramedics on a nearby pier. It's thought she was on bridge at time

That brilliant news I really thought the person in the Thames was one of the two people that have died so far.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 05:10:39 pm »
What is the difference between a member of the public taking a photo and sharing it online and a freelance photographer taking photos to make a gallery like the below?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2017/mar/22/house-of-commons-and-westminster-bridge-attack-in-pictures

Does irritate the fuck out of me when people are severely injured and those around do fuck all.  Fair enough, if you arrive a few minutes after the incident itself, but if it's the moment they have been injured then your first response should be shock, and to help.  It's absolute scum who start thinking of their twitter retweets, posting pics of severely injured people, and certainly isn't an excuse to share with the police considering central London has the highest density of CCTV cameras  the world.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2017, 05:13:13 pm »
BBC saying it could have been 2 people

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »
He may of course just be thoughtless...

Oh sorry, fucking thoughtless scum.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 05:17:36 pm »
Does irritate the fuck out of me when people are severely injured and those around do fuck all.  Fair enough, if you arrive a few minutes after the incident itself, but if it's the moment they have been injured then your first response should be shock, and to help.  It's absolute scum who start thinking of their twitter retweets, posting pics of severely injured people, and certainly isn't an excuse to share with the police considering central London has the highest density of CCTV cameras  the world.

What I am saying is, does it matter who took the photos?

I just find it interesting that's all when people go mad about the public taking photos of this sort of thing for their retweets when it's seemingly ok for freelance photographers to take the same photos (yet often a lot more HD and graphic) when thinking about their bank balance.

Anyway, not really the subject for this conversation. Sorry.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2017, 05:18:14 pm »

I agree. Just seems highly disrespectful. In truth I don't even see why TV and papers would show those sort of images either. I honestly can't understand where the desire to pull your camera out and start snapping in the midst of tragedy comes from.

Can't bear facebook and that all that shite.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2017, 05:25:21 pm »
Horrified, gutted and upset for all those affected.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2017, 05:34:25 pm »
Police man dead.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2017, 05:36:28 pm »
5.30pm

The journalists who were in the press gallery are now being held in Westminster Hall. Armed police seem to be search the Palace of Westminster room by room - quite an undertaking, because it’s a rabbit warren, with endless cellars, cubby holes etc - and I’ve just seen a team go into the room where the Westminster Hall chamber is, guns raised as if they were on the alert. We’re told that they believe there may still be one suspect on the loose.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »
Police man dead.

Can you (and anyone else who posts updates like this) source them please? Not saying you're making stuff up but it's important to be careful with information in the immediate aftermath of events like this.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2017, 05:39:35 pm »
Can you (and anyone else who posts updates like this) source them please? Not saying you're making stuff up but it's important to be careful with information in the immediate aftermath of events like this.

BBC reporting it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39355505

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2017, 05:40:04 pm »

fucking hell, always one isnt there

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now