Author Topic: Terrorism Incident outside UK Parliament  (Read 38540 times)

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Re: Terrorism Incident outside UK Parliament
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2017, 07:08:03 pm »
Twitter?! That's it. Would expect more from a mayor of one of the largest cities in the world

I've not seen much from Teresa May either.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2017, 07:08:13 pm »
Really sad news, feel for all the victims and their families.

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »
Whats the Prime Minister said, how about the home secretary? As above, why just Khan?
Amber Rudd did make a televised statement I believe

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2017, 07:08:28 pm »
https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/844619348509642752
"This was the reaction to the #London terror attack on France 24's Arabic live stream."

That bloke who tweeted seems an absolute scumbag and I've read plenty of disgusting tweets and Facebook posts with the usual anti Islam ranting as well. Horrible, blinkered views on all sides.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »
Channel 4 (Simon Israel) has confirmed it was Trevor Brooks.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2017, 07:09:55 pm »
Trevor Brooks from Clapton? And people are first to blame Muslims.
is this supposed to be irony? Or did you miss the part where he converted to islam and became a spokesman for a now banned militant islamic group?

Of course its all rumours but if indeed it was this guy then theres absolutely no getting away from his links to islam.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2017, 07:12:25 pm »
That bloke who tweeted seems an absolute scumbag and I've read plenty of disgusting tweets and Facebook posts with the usual anti Islam ranting as well. Horrible, blinkered views on all sides.

Thanks for the info mate, didn't know who he is but i was disgusted when some muslims throws likes and laugh emojis for such incident.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2017, 07:13:10 pm »
https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/844619348509642752
"This was the reaction to the #London terror attack on France 24's Arabic live stream."
Can anyone translate those comments?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2017, 07:13:14 pm »
Thanks for the info mate, didn't know who he is but i was disgusted when some muslims throws likes and laugh emojis for such incident.
Some people are very unpleasant... but most aren't... whatever your background..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2017, 07:14:09 pm »
No word yet from the mayor of London I see

What the fuck?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2017, 07:14:31 pm »

they now say it's not him and he is in prison. i think people shouldn't throw random names like that.
i remember after boston marathon attack, even the media gave name of an indian student who had nothing to do with it, he wasn't even a muslim.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2017, 07:14:44 pm »
Thing with an attack like this, how do you stop it? Can't follow everyone all the time and even if they did (to a point) you can't assume every time they get in a vehicle something is going to happen.

Don't know the individual circumstances so apologies if I've gor this wrong but what could they have done?

I only looked the guy up on google but he seems relatively high profile, which makes me think it's probably not him. From what I read I would presume he is still in prison but who knows. It is an impossible job keeping track of everyone but at the same time if it is him, someone who is known and recently in prison then surveillance would need to be looked at.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2017, 07:16:15 pm »
Can anyone translate those comments?

kill the infidels, good job mujaheedens or something like that i am told.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2017, 07:18:39 pm »
i blame our president erdogan. he threatened europe today and said the streets in europe won't be safe anymore aand now this happens.
he has threatened belgium last year and 2 days later there was the terror attack in belgium. it's probably all coincidence but my point stands. i know for a fact he is happy with those attacks.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »

I have worked with people that went to the Finsbury Park Mosque.

One of my colleagues used to tell me what some of the people spoke about there and played me recordings.  I was shocked. 

This was around the late 90s, early 00s.

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2017, 07:21:45 pm »
kill the infidels, good job mujaheedens or something like that i am told.
What idiots! Is it even confirmed that this has got anything to do with Islamic extremism?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2017, 07:22:23 pm »
Can we avoid posting Daily Fail links please.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2017, 07:24:31 pm »
i blame our president erdogan. he threatened europe today and said the streets in europe won't be safe anymore aand now this happens.
he has threatened belgium last year and 2 days later there was the terror attack in belgium. it's probably all coincidence but my point stands. i know for a fact he is happy with those attacks.

Please don't post shit like this.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2017, 07:26:08 pm »
What idiots! Is it even confirmed that this has got anything to do with Islamic extremism?

Given the MO it's highly likely.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2017, 07:26:38 pm »
Channel 4 again claiming it's Trevor Brooks

According to Andrew Neil, Trevor Brook's lawyer claims he is still in jail.

Seems it could be a case of people seeing a picture, saying it looks like someone and a story forming?

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2017, 07:29:35 pm »
The man seen lying on the stretcher after being shot by police does bear a lot of resemblance to Trevor  Brooks, who seems to be a very high profile public figure, hes all over the internet. Usually these ones entice violence but dont participate in it.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2017, 07:30:24 pm »
This Abu Whateverthefuckhisnameis used to run a sweet shop round the corner from my mum's house. Everyone knew he was involved with terrorist groups way back then including the police. How the fuck has he been allowed to be free enough to do this?

Because we don't live in a police state. It's a bastard and sometimes shit happens but I'd rather not have the government and the police lock people up because 'everyone knew' stuff about them.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2017, 07:32:04 pm »

Really, no really?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2017, 07:34:51 pm »
Because we don't live in a police state. It's a bastard and sometimes shit happens but I'd rather not have the government and the police lock people up because 'everyone knew' stuff about them.

You're right. I'm just angry and venting. Ignore me.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2017, 07:35:36 pm »
He was preaching hate against 'kuffars'. If you preach race hate in public you get locked up.

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2017, 07:38:00 pm »
Oops. He's now rolling back on it somewhat.
Very poor research that

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2017, 07:38:36 pm »

Indeed, ridiculous.

Best deleting anything mentioning him, not worth potential libel trouble
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2017, 07:39:58 pm »

It just goes to show how much pressure is on journalists  in this era of rolling news channels competing with each other for viewers. Especially with social media adding 'instant experts' that people believe straight away.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2017, 07:43:04 pm »
He was preaching hate against 'kuffars'. If you preach race hate in public you get locked up.

Really? You want to lock up every Islamic preacher who hates 'kuffars'? And for how long? Life? And you do know that jail is one of the best places for preachers to radicalise young disaffected men? Put one preacher in jail and you might get ten radicalised young men coming out.

It's not a simple answer.

And it possibly wasn't him.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:46:38 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2017, 07:43:08 pm »
Where I work the entrance for some time was not properly secured. We had lots of builders going in and out. Anyway we had the local anti terrorism police in to give a talk about what threats they expect in the city and they said the most likely attack would be lone wolf types with a knife in public places.

There really isn't any way to mitigate something like that. You could beef up the number of armed police walking around but that still wouldn't be any guarantee.

RIP to the family of the policeman killed and the French students.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2017, 07:46:24 pm »
Really? You want to lock up every Islamic preacher who hates 'kuffars'? And for how long? Life? And you do know that jail is one of the best places for preachers to radicalise young disaffected men? Put one preacher in jail and you might get ten radicalised young men coming out.

I think more has to be done to tackle these extremists who are so open about it spreading the fear of god into people. Maajid Nawaz has a brilliant book on this and the ideology of Islamism and how to combat the narrative. I think a stronger stance and willingness to debate is one of the answers to it.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2017, 07:47:07 pm »
Very poor research that

Indeed, ridiculous.

Best deleting anything mentioning him, not worth potential libel trouble

It's utterly ridiculous. In the clamour to be first to break the news they'll report any old shite whether it has been properly verified or not. And in the age of social media people pick up on this misinformation and spread it far and wide.

How about everyone (both media and the Twatter hordes) just waits for things to be confirmed by the authorities rather than falling over each other to spread the latest rumour?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2017, 07:47:50 pm »
It's utterly ridiculous. In the clamour to be first to break the news they'll report any old shite whether it has been properly verified or not. And in the age of social media people pick up on this misinformation and spread it far and wide.

How about everyone (both media and the Twatter hordes) just waits for things to be confirmed by the authorities rather than falling over each other to spread the latest rumour?

@paulwaugh
Police giving CPR right now two individuals on ground. Desperate attempts to save life.
Lots more armed police hv arrived. May not be over.

Though:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »
It just goes to show how much pressure is on journalists  in this era of rolling news channels competing with each other for viewers. Especially with social media adding 'instant experts' that people believe straight away.
sounding like nick Pisa there!

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2017, 07:48:47 pm »
I know this might sound a bit extreme but perhaps it's time to start looking at ways to govern how mosques are run. A lot of these terrorists quite often will give talks at mosques to try and recruit others, spread the ideology ect.

On a related note I stumbled on this article from a few years ago which talks about measures Japan has gone to, to ensure they don't become victims.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/17/viral-image/viral-graphic-says-japan-keeps-out-radical-islam-t/

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2017, 07:49:32 pm »

But then what is the best way to deal with them, Alan? I know there is no simple answer but I kind of agree with the above poster. There should be a legal recourse to deal with public hate speeches.
Regarding prisons being fertile grounds to recruit, I am sure something can be worked around. Things like solitary confinement etc., no?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2017, 07:49:42 pm »
Please don't post shit like this.

Easy mate. what part do you call as "shit", you think Erdogan is actually grieving after seeing such attacks in europe?
There were over 40 terrorist attacks in Turkey last year and all were during the liberal, leftist events or opposition party followers meetings.

Offline wellred82

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2017, 07:55:51 pm »
But then what is the best way to deal with them, Alan? I know there is no simple answer but I kind of agree with the above poster. There should be a legal recourse to deal with public hate speeches.
Regarding prisons being fertile grounds to recruit, I am sure something can be worked around. Things like solitary confinement etc., no?

I don't think there is anyway to deal with them now. The immigration and free movement laws have ensured that the ones who come from abroad can embed themselves here. I wonder how many ISIS fighters we have now making their way back here.

People are too afraid to clamp down on any western rhetoric in mosques/generally. Look how long it took to get rid of that Abu hook man?

These people openly talk about wanting to disrupt our way life and have the gall to claim money from the government to fund their day to day.

The only way this could have been dealt with is from within the communities all over the county. They kept quiet for too long, and then kick off when all musljms are tarred with the same brush. Too late.

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:19 pm »
I agree there's no simple answer.  Taking these hate preachers off the streets though must be a priority.  Prisons may well be a fertile ground for radicalism, but surely it will be less than preaching to a packed mosque? Solitary confinement is an idea, but what with the prisons being as overcrowded as they are, probably not workable. Unless purpose built prisons are made.