Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 386816 times)

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Sturridge in decline: Speed statistics highlight the problem
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2017, 04:11:36 pm »
I hope he gets another chance. I mean you look at Aguero who is out of form and you wouldn't write him off, his pace might've left him but surely his talent hasn't.
He has only played one full season in his entire career. We are way past "one more chance".

After City and Chelsea, this was his last chance to establish himself as a regular top four striker, he hasn't.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2017, 04:25:31 pm »
James Pearce is convinced he won't be at the club next season: My personal opinion is that no, I don’t think Daniel Sturridge will still be a Liverpool player next season.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2017, 05:27:09 pm »
James Pearce is convinced he won't be at the club next season: My personal opinion is that no, I don’t think Daniel Sturridge will still be a Liverpool player next season.

I could have made that prediction.

He may actually not get a game the rest of the season.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2017, 05:47:43 pm »
I could have made that prediction.

He may actually not get a game the rest of the season.

He'll get the odd sub appearance but assuming everyone stays fit with a game a week then can't see how he gets another start now.
Football is a lie

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2017, 08:36:48 pm »

You are James Pearce and I claim my free ice cream
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline plums123

• A plum
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2017, 02:41:28 am »
daniel sturridge was only good when he was being spoonfed by Stevie and Suarez who also acted as a decoy so Studge didn't have to do the legwork, when they left so did his prolific scoring, sell him now while he is still worth maybe 20 million.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2017, 05:32:55 am »
daniel sturridge was only good when he was being spoonfed by Stevie and Suarez who also acted as a decoy so Studge didn't have to do the legwork, when they left so did his prolific scoring, sell him now while he is still worth maybe 20 million.

So much BS in one post, well done!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2017, 05:34:47 am »
He got 13 in 25 last season. Is that not prolific enough? I mean, I agree he'll probably go in the summer and that's okay with me, but I don't understand why some fans decide that a player who's recently fallen out of favour was actually always mediocre.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2017, 06:42:37 am »
The revisionist history is as annoying as his injury problems.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2017, 09:30:07 am »

I thought he was really good in that season scoring goals for fun and some of them were unstoppable.

His best days are probably behind him now with all that injuries. It is no good if you got the skills but not fit enough to play especially when you need all that sharpness as a striker. That itself will bring his value down.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2017, 10:37:22 am »

13 in 25 in a Suarez and Gerrard-less team last season, more than any of our squad have in the same amount of games this season. I guess they're all shit too.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2017, 10:42:37 am »
We can bang on about Daniel's form, fitness and attitude for years but if we want to step up another level we need someone to supplement Sane & Firmino league tally by the end of the season with another 15 plus goals. Bit like the Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling combination in our best season in two decades our current attack has tremendous potential but Klopp needs to find his Lewandowski and the sooner the better. No point banging on about Sturridge as every stone has been turned over at this stage .....its time to maybe break the wallet out and add the cream to what is already a very good attacking foundation.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2017, 10:47:42 am »

This is complete and utter nonsense, for quite a while he had a better record for us without Suarez on the pitch.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:07 am »

Nonsense lad. Complete and utter nonsense.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2017, 02:43:12 pm »
It was Sturridge who actually provided the most assists to Suarez than vice versa. Suarez used to feed Sterling the goals. Coutinho fed Sturridge the most.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2017, 03:17:48 pm »
My profile
Account Settings
Buddies/Ignore List
Edit ignore list
*types plums123*
add.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2017, 03:22:59 pm »
Plums would have Meryl Streep up top before Danny

Likes a bit of Meryl does Plums. :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2017, 03:34:17 pm »
I can't see FSG forking out the money for Streep, just paper talk if anything.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 16, 2017, 03:46:15 pm »
I can't see FSG forking out the money for Streep, just paper talk if anything.

True, she'll go to City

I bet we end up with Bette Midler or even worst Barbara fucking Streisand :no

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 16, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure we'll just end up paying over the odds for some British sort like Dench
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2017, 03:52:44 pm »
I'm pretty sure we'll just end up paying over the odds for some British sort like Dench

Nah, way too experienced. We'll end up with some kid who is still honing her talent like Emilia Clarke.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »
Nah, way too experienced. We'll end up with some kid who is still honing her talent like Emilia Clarke.

The one from Game of Thrones? Happy with that.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2017, 04:06:04 pm »

That will give us a strong pairing up front.
No doubt she'll be on fire at some point.

:-X

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2017, 04:08:21 pm »
The one from Game of Thrones? Happy with that.

Typical apologist.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2017, 04:09:24 pm »
Typical apologist.

:(

He is gonna be sold though, sadly. Don't see any way he won't be at this point, just doesn't suit anyone for him to be in the position he is.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2017, 04:11:59 pm »
:(

He is gonna be sold though, sadly. Don't see any way he won't be at this point, just doesn't suit anyone for him to be in the position he is.

Agreed.

I do feel if he could be relied upon fitness wise Klopp may well have been more willing to find a way to make things work. However this is clearly not the case so unfortunately I agree and can't see any other outcome other than him leaving this summer. It's a shame as he is some player when fit and firing.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2017, 05:21:05 pm »

Can we get Eugenie Bouchard? She seems to stick to her word so doubt she'd break a contract at the drop of a hat the way most players do. Plus, she'd automatically become the second best looking person at the club.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2017, 05:45:22 pm »
James Pearce‏ @JamesPearceEcho
No Daniel Sturridge at either #LFC training session today.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »
START THE FANS PLEASE!!!

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2017, 06:07:01 pm »

Yeah, he got hit by a virus --> http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sturridge-misses-liverpool-training-12615919

"Daniel Sturridge sat out training on the opening day of Liverpool’s warm weather training camp in Spain.

The England striker, who was an unused substitute in the win over Tottenham last weekend, missed both the morning and afternoon sessions due to a virus.

Sturridge was assessed by the Reds’ medical staff, who decided it would be best if he stayed at the team hotel. They hope he will be well enough to train later in the trip.

All the other members of Jurgen Klopp’s 27-man squad were involved at La Manga’s football complex."
The change is cast

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2017, 07:46:26 pm »
We need to get rid of him in the summer but at this stage just who will take him?

None of the rest of the top 6 will take him and I can't see him going abroad. So that leaves either West Ham, Stoke, Southampton, Bournemouth maybe as they pay big money? Or perhaps Rodgers will take him to Celtic to replace Dembele who'll probably leave.

Anyway I doubt we get anything beyond £15m for him.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2017, 11:56:39 pm »
I'm still holding onto hope he'll come good and stay with us. Am I alone in that? All he needs is a couple of goals and he'll be away,  trust me....

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2017, 12:17:24 am »
We don't need to get rid of him at all. There's so many people complaining about lack of squad depth and us not paying enough wages, etc so why would you sell a handy striker when we will have more competitions next season? Unless he forces his way out due to lack of game time.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2017, 12:38:01 am »
I'm still holding onto hope he'll come good and stay with us. Am I alone in that? All he needs is a couple of goals and he'll be away,  trust me....
Hypothetically he could still score goals for us, but his confidence looks shot, his legs look shot, Klopp doesn't seem keen.. so he might aswell just go and we bring in someone who fits us.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2017, 07:22:14 am »

The loyalty is something shared by many fans because of the great performances in the past. At some point, we do have to face certain realities.

He definitely isn't the player he was perhaps 2-3 seasons ago, doesn't fit into Klopp's system very well and is woefully out of form. I can't see him playing himself back into the side unless there's some injuries or he does something a bit different. The irony is that for the first time he's had a reasonably extended period where he's available for games but not selected because he hasn't been good enough, in contrast to before where we couldn't get enough games out of him due to injury. I think he'll be off in the next transfer period.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2017, 07:43:02 am »
I do see Sturridge going at the end of the season and I think it says a lot that the same player will have been let go by Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

There aren't many players who can say they have been a part of 3 of the PL's top 6 teams and you wonder why none found him indispensable.

His injury record has always been bad but now its actually affected how he plays and the only way is down for him because I don't see Spurs, Arsenal or United signing him.

It'll be West Ham, Palace etc for him next season.

He let his contract run down with City and they wanted to keep him but he joined Chelsea for "first team football". He obviously didn't get that and he joined us and was phenomenal. So I don't agree with your first argument at all.

Unfortunately, just like what happened to Torres before him, he has lost that explosiveness that made him the fearsome player he was. Of course he will still score a worldie or two, cause he is still one of the most talented strikers around, just like Torres. But he will never be in the top bracket again unfortunately. Hope he proves me wrong as I like Sturridge.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2017, 08:40:35 am »
He let his contract run down with City and they wanted to keep him but he joined Chelsea for "first team football". He obviously didn't get that and he joined us and was phenomenal. So I don't agree with your first argument at all.

Unfortunately, just like what happened to Torres before him, he has lost that explosiveness that made him the fearsome player he was. Of course he will still score a worldie or two, cause he is still one of the most talented strikers around, just like Torres. But he will never be in the top bracket again unfortunately. Hope he proves me wrong as I like Sturridge.

I think this comparison to Torres is spot on. Obviously Torres was the more prolific striker, and perhaps arguably the overall better player. However, both have experienced a significant regression in form and ability after the cumulative effects of significant injuries. This was combined with a move to playing styles that perhaps didn't suit the individuals either. Torres' decline has been far more dramatic.

The reality is that Sturridge has had 7 seasons of top flight league football and has managed about 130 games for the first team with all clubs (less than 20 games per season). Remarkably he's scored at just under 1 goal in every 2 games for that time, but the problem is that with less than 20 games a season he's only scoring about 10 goals per season on average. Despite this he carries the swagger of the player that wants to be the top striker at a top club. I can't see that a manager would think that, knowing that they'll likely get 20 games from Sturridge, and will get about 10 goals back. That's not the type of figures or consistency that a top manager is going to build his attacking line around. And I can't imagine the recruitment team look at that favourably either. Why would you offer top wages to someone that's barely playing 1/3 of the available games per season. There's little sense in him being there based on such calculations. It IS sad though, because he scores brilliant goals and important goals and can be so lethal. If we could just give him the robustness of a Milner or Henderson then we'd have a player thats a 30 goal/season player year in year out. It's looking more and more like that's wishful thinking though.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2017, 09:17:07 am »
Ill...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2017, 10:13:03 am »
Being sent back home now.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2017, 10:19:19 am »