Author Topic: 2017 Formula 1 Thread  (Read 210144 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: 2017 Formula 1 Thread
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 09:20:38 pm »
BREAKING: Liberty Media Completes Acquisition of Formula 1 | Chase Carey appointed CEO, & Bernie Ecclestone as 'Chairman Emeritus'

Whatever the hell that means
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 09:22:14 pm »
it's an honourary title. means fuck all.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 09:23:08 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 09:33:02 pm »
Let him retire with his owls in Brazil

But bet as soon as liberty attempt to renew deals with tracks and constructors that bernie will be asked back

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »
I think that Liberty will phase Bernie out to be honest. He's done his last (big ) deal.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 07:22:34 am »
Good to see Brawn involved too.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 08:17:46 am »
Going to be interesting to see what Liberty change. Reading some of the rumoured plans there seems to be a mix of very good and very bad ideas!!

What are they?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 08:20:01 am »
What are they?

Everything from teams having more ownership involvement to extending it to 25 races and making them 'Super Bowl style events' whatever that means.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 08:38:46 am »
there are already enough races. I'd re-introduce re-fuelling and be more lenient with testing. I would still have a limit on testing as the likes of Ferrari and Mercedes could test as much as they like, something the likes of Sauber and Manor and probably even McLaren and Force India cant.

If possible too bring back tyre wars
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 08:51:09 am »
Refuelling is shite and just leads to even more people waiting for pit stops instead of trying to actually overtake on track.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 10:57:03 am »
Refuelling is shite and just leads to even more people waiting for pit stops instead of trying to actually overtake on track.

But if it allowed drivers to go flat out for 20 laps rather than drive to a time to save fuel it could be better?
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 11:01:58 am »
But if it allowed drivers to go flat out for 20 laps rather than drive to a time to save fuel it could be better?

You don't see too much of that these days, as it's normally the tyres which are the limiting factor.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 01:37:37 pm »
You don't see too much of that these days, as it's normally the tyres which are the limiting factor.

Obviously tyres will have to last too - but if we're potentially looking at another tyre war, its possible. Though the way the engines are going and promoting greener efficiencies, I can't see them re-introducing refuelling

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2017, 01:42:52 pm »
im nearly sure they talked about it last year but cant see anything on it

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 03:28:19 pm »
Ross Brawn talking sense already...

"We need to find solutions where the small teams can stand on their own two feet and put up a good challenge to the hierarchy of Formula 1 and stand on their own two feet commercially," Brawn told Sky Sports News HQ.

"At the moment it is a big challenge for them, it is too big a challenge, and we need to find ways in future of having a healthy Formula 1 from top to bottom. Perhaps finding ways of making sure those small teams become an attractive and valuable element of Formula 1, not only on the track but as businesses."

"We have a contract with the teams until 2020 so nothing is going to change substantially before then unless all teams agree," Brawn added.

"Sometimes you have a problem that you have to fix there and then, but too often we have made changes which have not had the effect they should have had and have not brought the benefit they should have had. We want to try and avoid that in the future," he said.

"There is any number of initiatives we can take in Formula 1 and I have ideas and I have thoughts about what they could be.

"I am not ready yet to share those with everyone, but I want to share those with the teams and the FIA and start to develop and evolve a plan for the next three to five years in Formula 1 where we can look back in three to five years and say we are now substantially ahead of where we were in terms of the appeal of the sport and the way it interacts with the fans and what it gives back to the fans and the promoters."

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2017, 03:41:21 pm »
The extra 100 million Ferrari get is going to be the big issue come 2020.

As far as testing goes, maybe limit it to whatever the least financially backed team can manage. So whatever laps, wind tunnel time etc the likes of Manor can manage is what all teams are allowed. I'm sure this would make the top teams be more interested in a better distribution of wealth down the field. 

I for one am glad we wont get those cringey, creepy, awkward interviews with Bernie on race weekends anymore.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 05:34:38 pm »
Great news seeing that dinosaur out of F1.

New exciting era upon us now.

2020 seems to be their target to really shake things up in F1 from the interview i saw,new regs and i could see big USA teams from Nascar and Indycar joining the fore as these new F1 owners are going to want F1 really big on that side of the pond which in turn could bring in a lot of sponsorship dollars to the teams and F1 as a whole.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 07:26:37 pm »
Good riddance to him. In lining his own pockets he's ruined the sport and sold its soul and its viewers down the river.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2017, 11:37:47 pm »
RS86 It would be nice to see new teams alright.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2017, 08:22:01 am »
RS86 It would be nice to see new teams alright.

As long as they're competitive!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 08:38:26 am »
As long as they're competitive!
yeah there isnt much point in adding for the sake of it

no one wants to see another mastercard lola job

i was thinking last night when posting that though, there has only been something like 6 new teams in 20 years. Stewart and Lola came in in 1997 (Lola of course only lasted one race)

Haas, Caterham, Manor, HRT, Toyota and Super Aguri

the 20 years prior to that dwarfs it although there was some absolute junk during that time. 

Offline SI1978

• Main Stander
  • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2017, 12:12:14 pm »
And when F1 moves exclusively to Sky in 2019 the viewing figures will be very low.  Bet the sponsors will love that!
I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2017, 01:16:27 pm »
yeah there isnt much point in adding for the sake of it

no one wants to see another mastercard lola job

i was thinking last night when posting that though, there has only been something like 6 new teams in 20 years. Stewart and Lola came in in 1997 (Lola of course only lasted one race)

Haas, Caterham, Manor, HRT, Toyota and Super Aguri

the 20 years prior to that dwarfs it although there was some absolute junk during that time.

And of those new teams, we only really have Haas, Stewart and Manor around (for now)

Whatever happened to Prodrive? Or that Serbian guy? Will we ever see VW, Seat or even BMW return? We need more manufacturers in

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 01:57:26 pm »
And of those new teams, we only really have Haas, Stewart and Manor around (for now)

Whatever happened to Prodrive? Or that Serbian guy? Will we ever see VW, Seat or even BMW return? We need more manufacturers in
Are seat now under the VW umbrella

never seen serious rumours about VW. Was there a rumour they were buying Red bull a couple of years back?

I must have seen Prodrive linked with coming in about 3 times and it never happened

the Serbian fella was Stefan GP, Zoran Stefanovic, when toyota pulled out at the end of 2009, they already had a 2010 spec car and engine and he bought it but was never cleared to compete. I would loved to have seen how quick that toyota would have been. probably their usual level.

I remember reading when Haas were coming in that there was some romanian team coming in but that never happened. the name was something like toro rosso. i cant remember the whole ins and outs.

could do with more manufacturers, there are only 4 engine suppliers i think. Ferrari, merc, renault and honda. Maybe Ford will dabble again

edit: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/exclusive-f1-heading-for-eastern-revolution-as-new-team-emerges-from-romania-9827162.html heres the romanian crowd. knew i didnt imagine it
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:59:48 pm by Hellrazor »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2017, 02:40:05 pm »
Renault agreed a deal with BP-Castrol to supply fuel and lube. McLaren also expected to go with them after losing ExxonMobil to RedBull.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2017, 02:43:24 pm »
Renault agreed a deal with BP-Castrol to supply fuel and lube. McLaren also expected to go with them after losing ExxonMobil to RedBull.

If it purely a matter of how much cash they get for F1 teams now? The actual products are standardised aren't they after the past exotic excesses?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2017, 06:48:00 pm »
Nice eh?

W

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2017, 07:53:03 pm »
That the new Williams?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2017, 08:19:23 pm »
Always assumed that all F1 fuel came from a single FIA supplier.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2017, 08:21:33 am »
Always assumed that all F1 fuel came from a single FIA supplier.
no

there are loads of fuel sponsors. always has been

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2017, 08:45:06 am »
Are the car launches soon?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2017, 09:11:52 am »
few listed for mid to late february

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2017, 01:15:52 pm »
SHITBALLS

was on today fm in Ireland just now

Manor are gone :(

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2017, 02:05:46 pm »
Yeah no buyer found.

Massive shame for those working in the factory that must have worked so hard to get a 2017 car ready to go.

The only assumption to make is that by letting a team go broke then it would make it easier for someone to come in on the cheap and pick up the team with a car more or less ready to go

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2017, 02:17:28 pm »
well given the obvious lack of money the car cant be that far forward, it will be behind development at this stage id imagine

if someone took over then it will be a rush job to get it ready so it wont be very good.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2017, 02:40:58 pm »
They were looking for permission from the their teams to run last years chassis weren't they?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2017, 03:04:53 pm »
They were looking for permission from the their teams to run last years chassis weren't they?
didnt hear that

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2017, 03:11:22 pm »
Thought I remember reading it in an article from towards when they first went into administration.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2017, 01:19:13 pm »
The FIA had said they could run a 2016 car with modifications, so they were always going to be behind on development. Shame, I liked Manor.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 2, 2017, 09:39:24 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanna_Amati

last woman to drive in f1. read the kidnap story

wow