Author Topic: Microsoft Edge help  (Read 1463 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Microsoft Edge help
« on: December 11, 2016, 12:38:16 pm »
So i've got a new laptop with Windows 10 that has Microsoft Edge  which replaces Internet explorer.

My question is that when in Edge I can not use smileys in this forum when clicking on them like this one :wave.

I'm in Chrome which does let me use the smileys.

So how do I turn on or whatever in Edge? The "don't use smileys" box is not checked when i checked on Attachments and other options.

Sorry if this has been asked before but i went back 3 pages to see if it had.

Ta in advance.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Microsoft Edge help
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 12:50:10 pm »
Maybe not compatible with sm forums?

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 06:39:37 pm »
Stop using Edge would be my choice ;)

If you type in Internet Explorer into the search bar / cortana you'll get the icon for internet explorer and can use that also.

You could also use http://copy-paste-emoji.com/

These top people may be able to help too - https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/ (if the problem also occurs on other sites too?) - though personally I'd opt for a Chrome-based browser and give MS Edge a wide berth
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 11:16:06 pm »
Edge is a tad quicker is all..

Just was wondering if there was a fix.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:35 am »
Edge is a tad quicker is all..

Just was wondering if there was a fix.

Don't worry, it'll slow down eventually, pages won't load, it'll close so unexpectedly you'll be left scratching your head, tabs won't stay in the order you want them and it'll dfecide to put itself in a window when you've maximized it.

I had the smileys problem on this site which has corrected itself.  I don't know if it was specific to Edge though as I didn't try RAWK in another browser.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 11:35:36 am »
Possible it's some sort of js issue, but I don't have Edge so dunno. Any errors or console messages?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

None of the formatting buttons work. Console log is:

HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
index.php
SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'cssText' of undefined or null reference
editor.js (244,4)
SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by colour. Some styles were not applied to :visited.
index.php

Line 244 is:
   oMyStyle.styleSheet.cssText = document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'] ? document.styleSheets['editor_ie_css'].cssText : document.styleSheets['editor_css'].cssText;

SMF discussion of a fix:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=540133.0