Author Topic: Christian Benteke  (Read 14186 times)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Christian Benteke
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 03:15:01 pm »
have anyone seen the record breaking goal yet?

https://my.mixtape.moe/bglzcy.mp4

doesnt even remotely look like the benteke wearing red. Pressing high up, winning the ball, direct run and clinical finish. was against mighty Gibraltar as well ;D

nothing but respect for him. He knows he wouldn't get the game time here and chose whats best for him. Any chance we put in a sell on clause? if he keeps scoring at this rate for club and country we might just get a few quid.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2016, 08:30:46 am »

He looked much more like the player we signed once he got in under Rodgers.
Was that when Rodgers was playing him at left back/wingback?
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 10:11:15 am »
I wish we sold him abroad. Or maybe we could have added a clause in the transfer which states he cannot play against us? I mean, I'd sacrifice a couple of million from the fee for that. Is that against the rules? Can't think of it ever being done. Only in loans.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 10:39:07 am »

Its only 2 games a season, perhaps 3 with FA Cup.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 03:07:08 pm »
I wish we sold him abroad. Or maybe we could have added a clause in the transfer which states he cannot play against us? I mean, I'd sacrifice a couple of million from the fee for that. Is that against the rules? Can't think of it ever being done. Only in loans.

i thought such release clauses don't exist anymore?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2016, 12:58:25 pm »
Pardew said he had to "sweet talk" Palace chairman Steve Parish into signing Christian Benteke for £27m in the summer: "I kept saying, 'Steve, it's a no-brainer - give Liverpool £40m!'"
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #46 on: April 8, 2017, 12:18:58 pm »
He's gone up slightly from a one in four to over one in three scorer at Palace. Was a one in two at Villa mind, but his fourteen goals have kept them up so far this season. Would that be the triggers for the add ons, staying up and double figures, maybe a 15 goal season?. We are looking good for trousering a few mil off this at the moment.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 8, 2017, 09:05:53 pm »
Benteke had such small impact here, I hardly noticed he was gone.
Good to see he's having a solid season, always was a decent player and a good professional - just never right for us.

Hopefully he'll be the last big money we've spent on a completely wrong kind of player.
Anyone can get the transfer wrong, players get injured, fail to find their stride - but buying a player completely unsuited to the way your team plays - I hope those days are finally behind us.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2017, 08:21:21 pm »
I need glasses.

Clicked when I read this thread title as Christian Bastards.

Carry on. :wave
Kill the humourless

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2017, 06:27:38 pm »
Predictable.

Well done to him I guess, in the right system he will get goals.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2017, 09:32:16 pm »
Showed some respect by not celebrating, which was not necessary but welcome.

Would rather he had shown respect by not scoring though.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2017, 09:41:40 pm »
I think I'd rather he'd done a normal celebration than this ridiculous show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnWJ5uqtoK4
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2017, 02:53:51 am »
I think I'd rather he'd done a normal celebration than this ridiculous show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnWJ5uqtoK4

This is so being overblown. Benteke did nothing wrong, deserved his goals today and was a gentleman in his celebration.

Mama is a good lad - he just suffers too many brain farts (like today with that handshake nonsense) to fit in with Klopp's team ethos. That handshake - what complete and utter nonsense. Meaningless crap that teenagers at school do.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2017, 08:04:52 am »
Benteke has always been incredibly professional, came here, worked hard, it didn't work, left for a good sum and has continued to be respectful of the club and his time here. Good player and a good lad.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2017, 08:28:38 pm »
A lot of respect for him, gets his head down and just works hard and that's the reason i don't understand a lot of the comments aimed at him

Its funny simply not being good enough or the right player for a team will get you called all sorts

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2017, 10:44:38 pm »
He's been a good buy for Palace, hasn't he.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2017, 10:50:04 pm »

Yep, 15 goals is a good return.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2017, 10:54:04 pm »
Yep, 15 goals is a good return.
Yep, exactly the focal point their wide attackers (where they had most strength/depth in past few years) needed

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2018, 02:39:23 pm »
Looked completely down on confidence yesterday. Seems like he's destined to become one of those players who never quite lived up to the hype. Can't see a top club taking the gamble to buy him at this stage of his career. About to turn 28, he seems a far worse player than in his low-mid 20's...

3 goals in the league last season is just way too bad. Previously facing Benteke in a team playing long balls was a terrifying prospect, but yesterday it was like he wasn't even there. I remember one chance for a break in the second half when he and Zaha took off and then he just waited on the ball, waited, waited, waited, and one of our players effortlessly dispossessed him.

Hopefully he can kick on in the big games and score a goal or two against our rivals this autumn but it doesn't look that way to me...
Linudden.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 02:54:06 pm »
Looked completely down on confidence yesterday. Seems like he's destined to become one of those players who never quite lived up to the hype. Can't see a top club taking the gamble to buy him at this stage of his career. About to turn 28, he seems a far worse player than in his low-mid 20's...

3 goals in the league last season is just way too bad. Previously facing Benteke in a team playing long balls was a terrifying prospect, but yesterday it was like he wasn't even there. I remember one chance for a break in the second half when he and Zaha took off and then he just waited on the ball, waited, waited, waited, and one of our players effortlessly dispossessed him.

Hopefully he can kick on in the big games and score a goal or two against our rivals this autumn but it doesn't look that way to me...

I think the injury at Villa affected him physically and destroyed him mentally

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2018, 03:15:37 pm »
I think the injury at Villa affected him physically and destroyed him mentally

Fair enough, but he still had one season at 13 goals and one at 15 goals in the league since, and also don't forget he did score nine in spite of spending a lot of time at the bench for us. Perhaps he's one of those players whose pace wane very early? If he can't win a duel of getting to the ball first to head it, then how good is heading skills?
Linudden.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2018, 04:43:16 pm »

No.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2018, 04:45:36 pm »
No.

Ha - past posts coming back to haunt me!

Mind you if he scores the winner against any of our rivals I'll claim the bragging rights.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2018, 04:46:17 pm »
Feel for the lad.

Head's obviously all over the place.

He may never get back to his Villa heyday when he truly top level.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2018, 11:58:11 am »
agree, despite shorcomings was nothing other than professional here and hasn't badmouthed the club since he left.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2018, 12:00:58 pm »
No.

His goals arguably kept them up in 16/17, so they might argue otherwise.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2018, 12:26:42 pm »
2nd time against us he has done that attempted curled shot against us, and it has gone badly wrong both times.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2018, 03:09:28 pm »

it was robbo who dispossessed him. Can remember him doing that with us as well. A poor habitual part of his play i guess.

Fair to say that he was being marshalled by Big Virg and not many players will get a sniff. 

Really hope he turns things around. We all know how tough he could be to play against and a couple of goals against our rivals could be beneficial.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2018, 08:44:20 pm »
His goals arguably kept them up in 16/17, so they might argue otherwise.
indeed, one of our greatest ever signings

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:28 pm »
Fair enough, but he still had one season at 13 goals and one at 15 goals in the league since, and also don't forget he did score nine in spite of spending a lot of time at the bench for us. Perhaps he's one of those players whose pace wane very early? If he can't win a duel of getting to the ball first to head it, then how good is heading skills?

That tends to happen when you've snapped your achilles.
Better looking than Samie.