Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586801 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #200 on: July 1, 2016, 06:31:15 pm »
Think he loses his starting spot to Mane so 2017 super sub of the year maybe more likely.
Yeah i was thinking that.

Sturridge/Origi

Coutinho            Firmino           Mane

Pretty potent front 4 with goals and assists galore and loads of high pressing from the Brazilians and Mane.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #201 on: July 1, 2016, 06:37:45 pm »
I still can't make my mind up about Lallana.

He can be great on the ball and his technique is excellent

But he's a massive fanny when it comes to tackling and turning possession over

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Jurgen decided to cash in if a 12M+ bid came in
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #202 on: July 1, 2016, 06:39:29 pm »
Think he loses his starting spot to Mane so 2017 super sub of the year maybe more likely.
I think Ings will be our modern day Fairclough and will win the super sub title.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #203 on: July 1, 2016, 07:01:28 pm »
I think Ings will be our modern day Fairclough and will win the super sub title.

Ings will be lucky to make the bench.
Believe

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #204 on: July 1, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

Is that official ? Do you have access to something we dont know ? Because I like the lad and I think he'll be in contention.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 1, 2016, 07:12:03 pm »
Is that official ? Do you have access to something we dont know ? Because I like the lad and I think he'll be in contention.
Clue is in the name, Lad.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 1, 2016, 07:16:00 pm »

Sorry, I assumed you would be able to decipher the code that when someone posts on an opinion forum that it's, you know, their opinion  ;)
Believe

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 1, 2016, 07:38:03 pm »
Sorry, I assumed you would be able to decipher the code that when someone posts on an opinion forum that it's, you know, their opinion  ;)

I can decipher codes and also offer you know, my opinion. I was asking if you had inside info. Don't get all smart arse.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: July 1, 2016, 07:41:12 pm »
I can decipher codes and also offer you know, my opinion. I was asking if you had inside info. Don't get all smart arse.

Haha sorry mate, thought you were being a smart arse with me.
Believe

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: July 1, 2016, 07:54:28 pm »
Haha sorry mate, thought you were being a smart arse with me.

Friends forever !!!

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 1, 2016, 07:55:25 pm »

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Jurgen decided to cash in if a 12M+ bid came in

I think he will stay, he doesn't produce enough end product and his finishing is really poor but his other attributes mean he will still be here

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: July 1, 2016, 07:57:07 pm »

Suprised you've not caught a few with that  ;)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 1, 2016, 10:02:53 pm »
Too skilful for England.

And too intelligent . If only he could learn the brainless runs and ineffective 50 yard passes.

Offline clogandbottle

• d it
  • Main Stander
« Reply #213 on: July 7, 2016, 11:54:29 pm »
Suprised you've not caught a few with that  ;)
here's one... bloody idiot, he's not the star but he is a team player and when we get the rest of the team in place he'll be appreciated and perhaps worth at least Ł13mill

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 8, 2016, 03:28:48 am »
Lallana will always divide opinion. One set of fans will see him as possessing wonderful technical abilities, great first touch and elegance - a purists player - and will always extol his virtues because of the fact that he "looks good" on the pitch and is very skilful. Another set of fans will call him out for the lack of measurable contribution in terms of assists, goals, chances created etc.

I don't know that one approach is better over the other. Lallana is certainly capable of scoring 10 in a season. He's competing with the likes of Firming, Coutinho, Mane etc. who probably bring more in terms of tangible results but are arguably less consistent or have less leadership and experience. I think Lallana's main detraction is his lack of pace. We looked unable to increase tempo and stretch the game with pace which is such a key asset in the PL. I think Lallana will play a role but perhaps as a squad player, while others are fit.

Online cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: July 8, 2016, 08:58:29 am »
Lallana will always divide opinion. One set of fans will see him as possessing wonderful technical abilities, great first touch and elegance - a purists player - and will always extol his virtues because of the fact that he "looks good" on the pitch and is very skilful. Another set of fans will call him out for the lack of measurable contribution in terms of assists, goals, chances created etc.

I don't know that one approach is better over the other. Lallana is certainly capable of scoring 10 in a season. He's competing with the likes of Firming, Coutinho, Mane etc. who probably bring more in terms of tangible results but are arguably less consistent or have less leadership and experience. I think Lallana's main detraction is his lack of pace. We looked unable to increase tempo and stretch the game with pace which is such a key asset in the PL. I think Lallana will play a role but perhaps as a squad player, while others are fit.
I think you're doing Lallana a disservice by not mentioning his workrate. I think he'll often play against the top teams because of his pressing, as well as his ability to play in tight spaces, which you alluded to.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #216 on: July 8, 2016, 11:57:12 am »
I think he's got considerably quicker under Klopp, too. Is he really any slower than Firmino?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #217 on: July 8, 2016, 11:59:18 am »
Lallana is certainly capable of scoring 10 in a season.

This is it for me. I think he's a great player, and he has that ability to score 10+ goals a season as gets into the positions - he just fluffs it more often than not.

If he can sort that out he's as good as anyone in his position at the club imo.

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #218 on: July 8, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »
This is it for me. I think he's a great player, and he has that ability to score 10+ goals a season as gets into the positions - he just fluffs it more often than not.

If he can sort that out he's as good as anyone in his position at the club imo.

He's 28 and has never had a good end product. I think it's unlikely that will drastically change now.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 8, 2016, 11:27:50 pm »

12m in this climate would be horrendous, at least 20m if not 25m.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 8, 2016, 11:49:11 pm »
He's 28 and has never had a good end product. I think it's unlikely that will drastically change now.

Yep can't teach an old dog new tricks

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #221 on: July 9, 2016, 02:17:39 pm »
in 2013/14 he had 9 goals + 7 assists, roughly the same as Aaron Ramsey (10+7) and David Silva (7+10). Only Yaya (20+9) and Gerrard (13+14) had significantly more from midfield (and many of their goals were pens).

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Combined_2013-14.html
« Last Edit: July 9, 2016, 02:19:28 pm by rickardinho1 »

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #222 on: July 9, 2016, 02:41:30 pm »
in 2013/14 he had 9 goals + 7 assists, roughly the same as Aaron Ramsey (10+7) and David Silva (7+10). Only Yaya (20+9) and Gerrard (13+14) had significantly more from midfield (and many of their goals were pens).

Before Benteke came to Liverpool he was a 1 in 2 striker.
I have a lot of time for Lallana but (imho) he is the one making way for Mané. His goal and assist return doesn't justify his position in the attacking 3 behind the striker.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #223 on: July 9, 2016, 02:42:58 pm »

And he was for us too - 1529mins, 9 goals. 1 every 170mins.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #224 on: July 9, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »
I can hear it now, 'Klopp Out' shouts when Lallana's name appears on the first eleven teamsheet.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #225 on: July 9, 2016, 02:47:57 pm »
I have a lot of time for Lallana but (imho) he is the one making way for Mané. His goal and assist return doesn't justify his position in the attacking 3 behind the striker.
I agree that he's the one who will make way, but it's a long season and he'll get plenty of game time and starts too.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #226 on: July 9, 2016, 02:55:55 pm »
I agree that he's the one who will make way, but it's a long season and he'll get plenty of game time and starts too.
For me, horses for courses approach would be the most sensible one regarding Lallana. In the games like Arsenal away or any game where we expect opponent to have a go at us Lallana would be one of the first names on the team-sheet for me as his ball retention skills and pressing would be crucial for us to compete in those games.

But for the most part we`ll be up against teams defending in a low block against us and I`d rather go with players who can run at people, win penalties, fouls etc, etc. In these kind of games Lallana`s main qualities won`t be needed as much.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 9, 2016, 03:02:56 pm »
You have no idea what you're talking about ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #228 on: July 9, 2016, 03:13:35 pm »
For me, horses for courses approach would be the most sensible one regarding Lallana. In the games like Arsenal away or any game where we expect opponent to have a go at us Lallana would be one of the first names on the team-sheet for me as his ball retention skills and pressing would be crucial for us to compete in those games.

But for the most part we`ll be up against teams defending in a low block against us and I`d rather go with players who can run at people, win penalties, fouls etc, etc. In these kind of games Lallana`s main qualities won`t be needed as much.
Agree.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 9, 2016, 03:18:10 pm »
You have no idea what you're talking about ...

Really? If we sign a new CM that'll will likely mean Henderson, Milner, Lallana and one of Origi or Sturridge on the bench. That's 4 spots. A keeper and a CB make 6. So one spot left.

Assuming everyone fit that is. Most likely that won't happen most weeks but I'm talking about if everyone is fit.

Edit: On Lallana, he'll be very important this season. He's basically first reserve for those attacking three position so I'd still expect him to start at least half our league games when you take injuries and AFCON in to consideration.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2016, 03:20:54 pm by King Klopp. »
Believe

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: July 9, 2016, 03:33:50 pm »

That's his best season and still didn't get 10 goals. His next best Premier league total is 5 goals in a season. In four season he has only scored 21 league goals. He scores close to a goal every 5.5 to 6 games.

Also worth noting that Ramey started something like 15 games less than Lallana that season and Silva started around 10 games less.

This doesn't mean I don't think he is useful. He will be important this year and was very good last season but his end product is poor. It's wishful thinking that he will suddenly start scoring more. It might happen but he hasn't shown anything to suggest he will and I wouldn't bet on it. Is end product is very poor.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #231 on: July 9, 2016, 03:45:10 pm »
That's his best season and still didn't get 10 goals. His next best Premier league total is 5 goals in a season. In four season he has only scored 21 league goals. He scores close to a goal every 5.5 to 6 games.

Also worth noting that Ramey started something like 15 games less than Lallana that season and Silva started around 10 games less.

This doesn't mean I don't think he is useful. He will be important this year and was very good last season but his end product is poor. It's wishful thinking that he will suddenly start scoring more. It might happen but he hasn't shown anything to suggest he will and I wouldn't bet on it. Is end product is very poor.
Cool, thanks for checking all the stats. I guess his lack of end-product is more of an issue in a team without other people scoring, but when he's surrounded by players like Mané, Sturridge, etc and playing a key role in getting them the ball in dangerous positions then it's much less of an issue.

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #232 on: July 9, 2016, 04:08:02 pm »
Cool, thanks for checking all the stats. I guess his lack of end-product is more of an issue in a team without other people scoring, but when he's surrounded by players like Mané, Sturridge, etc and playing a key role in getting them the ball in dangerous positions then it's much less of an issue.

yeah. I hated it when Rodgers played Sterling up front with Coutinho and Lallana behind him. All three don't score enough. With Sturridge, Firmino, Origi and Mane (admit I haven't seen much of him and no idea how good he is) I don't see it as a problem. He still offers a lot.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2016, 01:11:43 pm »
Would anyone support a theory that he could be deployed further back in a (attacking) midfield role, in a midfield three. Hate to use the term, but he has defined the role - the Modric role; an attacking, creative player who can put in a tackle and work hard for the team. Rogers employed Coutinho there during the 2013 season season, but for all the creativity Coutinho offered he did make the midfield lite against the top teams.

Lallana's work rate under Klopp has been outstanding, he's really stepped it up. But for all the Cryuff step overs, he still doesn't give enough creatively; be it goals, assists, crosses, pace, etc

We do seem to lack some creativity in the middle, and Lallana may offer that perfect balance. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:14:14 pm by AaronSingh25 »

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2016, 01:18:01 pm »
Not for me, not even close. Lallana lacks just about everything Modric has, the grit, the passing, the vision, the genius, the timing, the tackling ability....he's too indecisive and too much of a ball-hogger to play that midfield role.

After two years here, I think it's about time Lallana takes up a role more suited to his skillset. One of a squad player.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2016, 01:18:44 pm »
We do seem to lack some creativity in the middle, and Lallana may offer that perfect balance. Thoughts?
I`ve been saying for months and months I don`t want to see him in the final third but further back in midfield 3. His incredible skills could be invaluable there, his pivot qualities and ability in tight spaces could do wonders for us linking up the play between Can and our attacking players. He has everything for that role with the slight question mark over his tackling.

It was not fair on him to ask him to get into the box and finish as he`s simply not that guy but having someone of his superior technique in the middle of the park giving you the edge in ball possession and having him knit the play and facilitate for our attacking players is incredibly appealing.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2016, 09:22:53 pm »
I remember he either came on or dropped back there at home to Bournemouth at the start of last season, and he kept the ball brilliantly in tight areas when they were pushing for an equaliser at 1-0. Rodgers possibly bought him for that role in a diamond.

I think he lacks a bit of physicality and drive to be a first-teamer in a deeper midfield role but its another position where he can look at filling in for people. I still think he'll have runs of games this season where he'll be first choice, his quality and pressing is too good not to whether its off the front or shuttling in a midfield three.

Offline Carrafan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: August 3, 2016, 03:19:24 am »
Haven't posted for years but off work for a week and this morning a song for Lallana came to me in a flash of inspiration and I felt I needed to share. It's to the tune of A-ha - Take On Me. Bear with me cos this could well be the lingering effects of last night's vino:

Starts from first verse (Talking away....)

Adam Lallana
He gets the ball and he Cruyff turns
Adam Lallana
Adam Lallanaaaaaa
(I thought the repetition here reflects the reality quite well!)

La laaaaaa Naaaaaaaa
Adam Lallana
La Laaaaa Naaaaaaaaa
Adam Lallana
La Laaaaa Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rinse and repeat

Ok, fair enough. I'll leave this posting lark. Cheers.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #238 on: August 3, 2016, 03:47:02 am »
It's strange - of our midfielders, so few of them are suited to positions in a 4-2-3-1. You could argue that Hendo, Milner, Coutinho and maybe Lallana too would find their best position to be part of a midfield 3. Coutinho, as we saw under Rodgers, is at his absolute best in the number 8 position. He can make space from deep, run with the ball, and unlock a defence with a pass without shirking the dirty work. Lallana, arguably, could offer similar qualities. However, they both distinctly lack the physicality to work in a midfield 2, which means they're limited to what are essentially forwards' positions despite neither being really natural goal scorers. Meanwhile, Hendo and Milner are engines, good at almost everything without being world class at anything in particular. They are the perfect players for a midfield 3, but less than ideal for a midfield 2. It's a curious thing really, and it makes me wonder about what Klopp's got planned for the future. In Grujic and Wijnaldum, he's brought in midfielders very different from what we have already, and who seem, on paper, much better suited to playing in a midfield pair.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
« Reply #239 on: August 3, 2016, 04:28:47 am »
Reminds me of a poor man's version of Kagawa in terms of skill and circumstance.  Similarly good technically, but with even less end product to show for it.  For whatever reason, prolly fair to say he hasn't quite hit the heights you lot would have expected.  Sane will take his spot in the 1st XI, but he'll still likely fill a useful role as a squad player.