Author Topic: Ralf Rangnick and RB Leipzig.  (Read 8706 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ralf Rangnick and RB Leipzig.
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »
How good is Oliver Burke?

Not played much for them but he's looked alright in the game time he has received. Forsberg has been their standout player when I've seen them which is no mean feat as they're loaded with extremely promising young attackers. Keita in the middle of the park looks a very good player too. RB Leipzig are going to make massive money if they decide to sell them on.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2016, 07:34:48 pm »
i may move to geneva by jan/feb, glad to see you liked geneva, i was a bit afraid of leaving nyc but money is good to turn down ;)
It's amazing mate, albeit pretty expensive.  Just Lake Geneva in itself is enough!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 01:10:17 pm »

Reading a bizarre interview using google translate by Dietrich Mateschitz about Leipzig, Trump, refugees, and more.

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/steiermark/chronik/5197881/Dietrich-Mateschitz-im-Interview_Red-BullChef-rechnet-mit

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 02:06:42 pm »
It's not that bizarre if you read it in German. He does make some good points, but also some bad ones (like everyone who doesn't like Red Bull Leipzig is a hooligan). And he does come across a bit like a self righteous twat...

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #44 on: June 1, 2017, 01:11:42 pm »
How likely is it really, that one of the Red Bull clubs will be denied a place in the Champions League?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/12/red-bull-uefa-multiple-ownership-rules

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 1, 2017, 02:49:52 pm »
How likely is it really, that one of the Red Bull clubs will be denied a place in the Champions League?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/12/red-bull-uefa-multiple-ownership-rules
Depends on if they can find a brown envelope big enough.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 1, 2017, 03:01:48 pm »

Don't think it is very likely. This has been a well-known issue for quite some time (years) and I would imagine Red Bull as a company are professional enough to employ lawyers who can make it look like there is no tie between the clubs on paper. The way I understand it, Leipzig are influenced by Red Bull and Salzburg are simply sponsored by them which would make it okay.

It will still be interesting to see what the outcome is, because Uefa might as well try to throw the book at them to get good PR. At the end of the day, people aren't too fond of Red Bull, who also don't really have other sponsorships in football as far as I'm aware (other than the clubs they support). So, the people in charge at Uefa might see it as a good opportunity to appear like they're taking on one of those billionaire owners without having much to lose...

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #47 on: June 1, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
This is the relevant rule in UEFAs rulebook btw;

If the rules have indeed been broken it's Leipzig who will miss out seeing as they placed 2nd in their domestic league while Salzburg one theirs.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 1, 2017, 03:55:34 pm »
The way I understand it, Leipzig are influenced by Red Bull and Salzburg are simply sponsored by them which would make it okay.

They are both owned by Red Bull GmbH.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 1, 2017, 04:28:00 pm »
They are both owned by Red Bull GmbH.

Red Bull claim that they are not and that they are just a regular sponsor at Salzburg. I'm not saying that there aren't obvious connections between the clubs, but on paper it might be perfectly legal...