Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2010387 times)

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #4080 on: April 28, 2017, 05:50:26 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is one of the very WORST players in the team as he showed ample evidence of today.  I tried for too long to defend him from those who sit around me and cannot abide him and what he's doing to the team but it became too much and I relented and now accept their opinions.  He sharted out (again) today in a 1-on-1 with their keeper and that's just totally unacceptable.  Just prior to that, he decided to do some clever-clever back flick when a simple forward pass would have been the better option.  And once again today, he didn't fancy it and it was clear from his attitude and his body language.  There are too many who revel in the good he does (sometimes - when he fancies it) show and gloss over the garbage he more frequently shows.  If our club has any intention at all of ever actually winning the league, he's got to be the first out of the door.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SUGqTTBoOkw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SUGqTTBoOkw</a>

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #4081 on: May 1, 2017, 03:39:51 pm »
Hes shite but not as shite as Mane.   Shite is the way the kids say great right?

The kids say "he's the shit!" - they both are

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #4082 on: May 1, 2017, 06:21:37 pm »
I understand the feeling of him not being good enough, he's a bit like Emre Can.  They both can fool you from time to time and make you believe they could be consistently great players when all evidence kinda points the other way.  He's a good, occasionally great player, but certainly not someone we should hang our hopes on.  A fit Sturridge (won't see that again) is twice the player Firmino is.  Not saying we shouldn't get rid of Sturridge at this point mind you, but he was a player that could single handedly make so many things click and take us to another level.  Firmino just doesn't have that in him.  Neither does Can.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4083 on: May 1, 2017, 06:38:18 pm »
I understand the feeling of him not being good enough, he's a bit like Emre Can.  They both can fool you from time to time and make you believe they could be consistently great players when all evidence kinda points the other way.  He's a good, occasionally great player, but certainly not someone we should hang our hopes on.  A fit Sturridge (won't see that again) is twice the player Firmino is.  Not saying we shouldn't get rid of Sturridge at this point mind you, but he was a player that could single handedly make so many things click and take us to another level.  Firmino just doesn't have that in him.  Neither does Can.

I'd disagree to an extent - maybe not take us to another level (yet - he's gotten better over the two years) - but damn does he do a lot for Klopp's team and requirements. If he had another 1/2 step of pace - we might not be having these odd discussions.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: May 1, 2017, 06:40:31 pm »
Once again RAWK astounds me.

A centre attacking midfielder who scores a goal every 3 games, makes an assist every 6 games, runs like an absolute nutter and is a very important part of what makes our whole win the ball back ASAP ethos work.

Not to mention he has worked his way into the Brazil national team from his form with us and is arguably our most important player. Sure he has an off game now and again, he has frustrating games where he can't find a teammates feet but you can put your house on the fact he will work his ass off and hunt that ball down until it is back in our possession.

There isn't a player in world football who performs to their optimum every single match. Really pisses me off these clueless fans who don't see how bloody good Roberto is. Bet he scores tonight.

I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4085 on: May 1, 2017, 07:08:30 pm »
It's fun seeing where our boys are in this...
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/match/opta-stats/player-rankings

Firminho equal with Vardy for goals, more chances created than Hazard, Pogba and (gulp) Phil, tell you what. I'd LOVE him to be our WORST player as what a wonderful problem that would be!  ;D

The stats don't lie when they're about goals, chances, assists...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4086 on: May 1, 2017, 07:15:22 pm »
That Stoke celebration was great.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: May 4, 2017, 11:37:42 pm »
Why does everyone assume all the players are world class or shit. Like cant there just be a couple of very good players i.e. Can and Firmino. With potential to go a bit higher.

Ofc we need a couple of players who will reach that level so that these are not always the "main players"  but cut him a break.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: May 7, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »
Didn't think he was dreadful, but today probably showcased the case for a faster, stronger no. 9.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4089 on: May 7, 2017, 03:47:43 pm »
He's infuriating.  Moments of real skill and strength followed by a bad decision or terrible weight of pass.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: May 7, 2017, 03:47:54 pm »
He has showed us all season and last season that he isn't quick, strong, instinctive or clinical enough to be our long-term goalscorer. Some people thought that we would score enough goals across the pitch, but, looking at the rest of our pitch, we don't actually have a huge number of reliable goal scorers at all.

But it's not his fault in my mind that he isn't able to play up front for us reliably. My issue with him is his terribly erratic passing, which is a genuine flaw in his game, that costs the team a lot, as it did today. If his selling point as a forward in our team is his link-up play, then he has t be a decent passer, otherwise there's no logic in this idea.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4091 on: May 7, 2017, 04:37:22 pm »
Needs upgrading, I dont know quite where that puts Firmino in terms of if he still starts for us the majority of the time or not cos he's hardly excelled in other positions either, but thats a problem to be solved at a later stage.

He absolutely needs upgrading and we need a goalscorer leading the line next season, can sort out what it means for Bobby once that's boxed off.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4092 on: May 7, 2017, 04:55:23 pm »
Needs upgrading, I dont know quite where that puts Firmino in terms of if he still starts for us the majority of the time or not cos he's hardly excelled in other positions either, but thats a problem to be solved at a later stage.

He absolutely needs upgrading and we need a goalscorer leading the line next season, can sort out what it means for Bobby once that's boxed off.

Aye. None of this settling in shite. Ready made striker coming in, hitting the ground running, taking responsibility and winning games. A must if we want to challenge the title, and hopefully CL football next season. Scouts need to be on the ball with this.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4093 on: May 7, 2017, 05:05:08 pm »
I feel a little sorry for him. It is obvious he struggles against a team that parks the bus. It makes it worst when pushed outside to make room for Origi. Origi isn't commanding enough himself to create any room for him.

He is a great option to the squad and will prove valuable next season.  Hopefully we will have enough options to use him when his skill set will flourish. We will have to rotate next year no matter what and I could see us resting (insert new big time striker here) and starting him against teams that don't park the bus and give some room.  Also, he will be a great option off the bench once we do score against a bus team.

I just think it is tough to criticize him today when position and opponent both worked against him. 

Edit: especially when we are all pissed after a match where most of the front 6 was total wank.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2017, 05:06:54 pm by rkgriffin »

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: May 7, 2017, 05:14:14 pm »
It really is annoying when he mis times a 5yard pass in our half in the last 10mins, he does it way too often. Maybe next season with a more balanced team he'll have less off days.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #4095 on: May 7, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »
Utilised as a second striker riffing off a proper goalscorer, I'm confident we'd get the best out of his skillset. Whether we want to try out a diamond or whatever is another matter. We seem to want more wide attackers in the Mane mould, which would push Bob deeper into attacking midfield, probably not where we want him. Not as crisp a passer over distance as the likes of Phil and Adam, the more natural fits for there.

I think at least having the option to switch from that wide forward three to a strike duo could be good for us tactically in awkward games. But I think the real key is having a real classy & tenacious beast in central midfield who doesn't go into hiding, because that would provide the solid foundation for loads of different midfield and foward options, allowing us to utilise most if not all of our best creative/attacking talents. I understand the appeal of more 'balanced' midfielders like Wijnaldum, on paper, but I've seen too many matches now where he's been ineffectual or downright invisible.

If we persist with our current approach, we need players who will consistently stamp their authority on frustrating games. Can has the right can-do (heh) attitude, but isn't there yet with his vision and application (most of the time). Phil and Bob get suffocated, and suddenly it's pretty easy for the opposing team.

I'd personally look to get that spine sorted; we seem to be keen on doing it for the defence and up front, but after those I really think we need to beef up the middle. Henderson coming back isn't gona solve all our problems, he'll just add some much needed extra energy all game. Of course a readily available striker who can create half-chances for himself and consistently convert would be a godsend for us, but if we want to unleash our full attacking potential with that added, we need that central defence and midfield to be smart, muscular and ambitious.

Also, width from our wingy types and full backs is only so useful if you really attack that box. You rarely see that from us, we don't really like to do the basic effective stuff even when it's called for. I wouln't want to see us lumping it upfield bypassing the middle, but a few good old fashioned strong heads on the end of whipped crosses wouldn't go amiss. Firmino's not bad at all in the air, and he's got fine upper body strength too, but he doesn't really make those kinds of moves often. He's an awkward player all round for us to place, to be honest, even though I want to see him start and be utilised to the fullest.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: May 7, 2017, 06:43:39 pm »
He's a good player, sometimes very good. We need a more reliable goalscorer up top next season though. If we're relying on him to play as a striker all season we're in trouble.

Do like him playing up front against the big teams.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: May 7, 2017, 06:45:18 pm »
Don't understand why Firmino is being judged as a subpar goalscorer when he hasn't played as the striker for a number of games now.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: May 7, 2017, 07:23:23 pm »
Don't understand why Firmino is being judged as a subpar goalscorer when he hasn't played as the striker for a number of games now.

Presumably because his record even when played as a striker isn't great? According to Transfermarkt his record is 6 goals in 19 games as a striker in all competitions. His record across his career, in various positions, has never really been better than 1 in 3 (bar one season 3 years ago), and his record for us is the same. He isn't prolific.

The conversation thus far has been around what else he brings to the team (of which there is plenty) and the argument that we're among the top scorers this season (joint second, only a goal behind Chelsea) so it's clearly not an issue. Thing is, the latter statistic is very misleading. Whilst we came out all guns blazing in the early part of the season and despatched a handful of teams comfortably, since the turn of the year we've been poor - 25 goals in 17 games. 6 of those were against Arsenal and Everton (unsurprising since we're generally better against the bigger teams). Our record against teams outwith the top 7 in 2017 is 14 goals in 11 games. In that time, we've relied on a number of wonder goals (including by Firmino, to be fair) or set-pieces, but the general output of our attack has been by and large poor. We struggle to muster up shots on target against even the poorest teams in the league. It's hard to argue that the attack has been "working" these past 4 months.

The reasons will be several fold - including injuries to key players - as well as general fatigue. But it's also difficult to look beyond the fact that it seems other teams have figured us out, and are able to nullify us with relative ease most of the time now. It's not just the attack that the buck stops with (the midfield certainly haven't helped in an attacking sense) but ultimately - the current attack isn't working effectively against a huge chunk of teams in this league, which is a concern. Firmino is a part of that attack, and so his contribution is 100% up for discussion (along with the others, who will also come in for criticism).

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: May 7, 2017, 07:29:13 pm »
Needs to play in the center. I would like to see him as a second striker in a 4-2-3-1. That or up front, but not on the flank. He suffers because he can play there, we lack alternatives and his competitors for the striker position can't shift roles. In other words, our other striker options are not good enough.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4100 on: May 7, 2017, 07:37:27 pm »
Needs to play in the center. I would like to see him as a second striker in a 4-2-3-1. That or up front, but not on the flank. He suffers because he can play there, we lack alternatives and his competitors for the striker position can't shift roles. In other words, our other striker options are not good enough.
Anyone would think he was on the touch line getting chalk on his boots, his average position is almost identical to Origi's. There always seems to be an excuse for him, he needs Coutinho, needs Mane, needs to play central needs to be up front etc etc.

The truth is he's incredibly inconsistent and incredibly frustrating, he has too many moments when he can't pass the ball ten yards.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4101 on: May 7, 2017, 07:37:44 pm »

Doesn't seem that we've shown much willingness to go back to that formation though. It still has issues - assuming the 3 behind the striker would be Coutinho, Firmino and Mane there's still not a huge amount of pace there, and it leaves no place for Lallana who is a Klopp favourite. The only midfielder we have that arguably suits a flat 2 is Can, and we've already seen that pairing him with Henderson in that set up doesn't work. It would require a shuffle to work, and we seem to have committed to 4-3-3 this season. I tend to agree that's his best position, but the problem with Firmino anywhere other than up top (or wide) is that he seldom looks after the ball, so the closer to our own goal, the more dangerous it is. I guess with two midfielders behind him it could work, but they'd have to be disciplined...

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4102 on: May 7, 2017, 07:59:48 pm »
Anyone would think he was on the touch line getting chalk on his boots, his average position is almost identical to Origi's. There always seems to be an excuse for him, he needs Coutinho, needs Mane, needs to play central needs to be up front etc etc.

The truth is he's incredibly inconsistent and incredibly frustrating, he has too many moments when he can't pass the ball ten yards.

To some extent I agree. I usually say he's a second pick striker. We however have asked him to be a first pick (means 15-20 league goals). He isn't that player. Whenever Origi or Sturridge plays we shift him to the flank. I know he's not playing as a winger, but we shift him to accomodate others and it's bad for him. And us. Because Origi/Sturridge doesn't deliver enough.

The solution for me is to give Firmino the role he should have. Make him a second striker or a second pick striker. Our real problem is Sturridge/Origi/Ings. If they are to stay they need to be better than Firmino (and get those 15-20 league goals). If not we only have room for one of them.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4103 on: May 7, 2017, 08:11:13 pm »
Doesn't seem that we've shown much willingness to go back to that formation though. It still has issues - assuming the 3 behind the striker would be Coutinho, Firmino and Mane there's still not a huge amount of pace there, and it leaves no place for Lallana who is a Klopp favourite. The only midfielder we have that arguably suits a flat 2 is Can, and we've already seen that pairing him with Henderson in that set up doesn't work. It would require a shuffle to work, and we seem to have committed to 4-3-3 this season. I tend to agree that's his best position, but the problem with Firmino anywhere other than up top (or wide) is that he seldom looks after the ball, so the closer to our own goal, the more dangerous it is. I guess with two midfielders behind him it could work, but they'd have to be disciplined...

We are where we are now, with the players we have. But just for some imagination, if we could get hold of a new Torres as our main striker, that would change things. It would of course impact our midfield. But if I stop there, it still shows the direction I want us to take.

We'd have to pick between Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, 'Torres' and maybe Lallana and Milner for the front 3/4. You add one of Origi/Sturridge/Ings and remove the other two. That's it. This would lift the quality a lot and Firmino would get the role he should have. And then we'd take it from there.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #4104 on: May 7, 2017, 09:43:11 pm »
I thought that of the overall dross we had out there today, he was one of the best.  It's not saying a lot because that typified his general demeanour.  Southampton at home aren't worth raising your game for.  He's wrong for Liverpool and if we have serious intentions of EVER winning the league again, he should be first out of the door.  He won't be missed. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: May 7, 2017, 10:14:11 pm »
I thought that of the overall dross we had out there today, he was one of the best.  It's not saying a lot because that typified his general demeanour.  Southampton at home aren't worth raising your game for.  He's wrong for Liverpool and if we have serious intentions of EVER winning the league again, he should be first out of the door.  He won't be missed.

And heres a delightful plate of cows stomach.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4106 on: May 7, 2017, 10:16:07 pm »

Mr. MBE, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4107 on: May 7, 2017, 10:33:27 pm »

You really don't get the manager do you?  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #4108 on: May 8, 2017, 09:19:33 am »
Firmino reminds me of Luis Garcia in many ways. Highly gifted technically, capable of moments of brilliance, industrious. On the other hand, can go missing for games at a time and can be careless with the ball to the point of negligence.

Just as you are going to give up on them, after a run of poor games, they win a match (normally against a top team) through a flash of genius. Brilliant and infuriating in equal measures.

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #4109 on: May 8, 2017, 09:24:54 am »

Haha I like reading your posts

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #4110 on: May 8, 2017, 09:51:14 am »
We are where we are now, with the players we have. But just for some imagination, if we could get hold of a new Torres as our main striker, that would change things. It would of course impact our midfield. But if I stop there, it still shows the direction I want us to take.

We'd have to pick between Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, 'Torres' and maybe Lallana and Milner for the front 3/4. You add one of Origi/Sturridge/Ings and remove the other two. That's it. This would lift the quality a lot and Firmino would get the role he should have. And then we'd take it from there.
Agreed. It's not about Firmino. It's about depth of quality in the squad.

We need at least one more top drawer, quick, goalscoring forward who can both play with Mane and mean we don't fall off a cliff when he's injured. Firmino, Coutinho, Mane and Lallana have all had pretty good seasons but we don't look half the side when even one of them is missing. That's an unacceptable squad situation.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4111 on: May 8, 2017, 10:00:40 am »
Presumably because his record even when played as a striker isn't great? According to Transfermarkt his record is 6 goals in 19 games as a striker in all competitions. His record across his career, in various positions, has never really been better than 1 in 3 (bar one season 3 years ago), and his record for us is the same. He isn't prolific.

The conversation thus far has been around what else he brings to the team (of which there is plenty) and the argument that we're among the top scorers this season (joint second, only a goal behind Chelsea) so it's clearly not an issue. Thing is, the latter statistic is very misleading. Whilst we came out all guns blazing in the early part of the season and despatched a handful of teams comfortably, since the turn of the year we've been poor - 25 goals in 17 games. 6 of those were against Arsenal and Everton (unsurprising since we're generally better against the bigger teams). Our record against teams outwith the top 7 in 2017 is 14 goals in 11 games. In that time, we've relied on a number of wonder goals (including by Firmino, to be fair) or set-pieces, but the general output of our attack has been by and large poor. We struggle to muster up shots on target against even the poorest teams in the league. It's hard to argue that the attack has been "working" these past 4 months.

The reasons will be several fold - including injuries to key players - as well as general fatigue. But it's also difficult to look beyond the fact that it seems other teams have figured us out, and are able to nullify us with relative ease most of the time now. It's not just the attack that the buck stops with (the midfield certainly haven't helped in an attacking sense) but ultimately - the current attack isn't working effectively against a huge chunk of teams in this league, which is a concern. Firmino is a part of that attack, and so his contribution is 100% up for discussion (along with the others, who will also come in for criticism).
I don't understand what people don't get about Firmino's role? You want a 20-goal-a-season striker, fine, but if you want an attacker who's the embodiment of the system Klopp wants, who wins the ball back in our half, makes unselfish runs, etc., then Bobby is perfect.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4112 on: May 8, 2017, 10:03:23 am »
I don't understand what people don't get about Firmino's role? You want a 20-goal-a-season striker, fine, but if you want an attacker who's the embodiment of the system Klopp wants, who wins the ball back in our half, makes unselfish runs, etc., then Bobby is perfect.

Can't we have both?

That's the bone of contention, why can't the 20 goals a season guy also be a good fit for the system as well as having a better eye for goal?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: May 8, 2017, 10:15:49 am »

So are you telling me that Firmino is literally the only striker Klopp can have? That there is no striker out there that can work in a Klopp system?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4114 on: May 8, 2017, 10:21:45 am »
The question is whether his pressing and work-rate makes up for his lack of goals and constantly giving the ball away cheaply.

Pochettino plays an aggressive pressing game but Kane hardly contributes to that, scores lots of goals though. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4115 on: May 8, 2017, 11:28:54 am »
Firmino reminds me of Luis Garcia in many ways. Highly gifted technically, capable of moments of brilliance, industrious. On the other hand, can go missing for games at a time and can be careless with the ball to the point of negligence.

Just as you are going to give up on them, after a run of poor games, they win a match (normally against a top team) through a flash of genius. Brilliant and infuriating in equal measures.

Garcia was a much crisper passer than Firmino. The pitch might have been dry yesterday, but Firmino was making it look like Ghandi's flip flops.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4116 on: May 8, 2017, 11:32:24 am »
The question is whether his pressing and work-rate makes up for his lack of goals and constantly giving the ball away cheaply.

Pochettino plays an aggressive pressing game but Kane hardly contributes to that, scores lots of goals though. 

He definitely contributes, he's not a lazy player.  Doesn't have the workrate of Firmino, but who does?  Puts as much of a shift in as Costa, for example.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #4117 on: May 8, 2017, 11:51:07 am »

I have said this many times.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4118 on: May 8, 2017, 12:42:31 pm »
Why does it have to be either/or? Pretty sure we had a striker a few seasons back who was the embodiment of that. Now obviously we won't get someone on the level of Suarez again, but there are players like that out there.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4119 on: May 8, 2017, 01:04:35 pm »
Why does it have to be either/or? Pretty sure we had a striker a few seasons back who was the embodiment of that. Now obviously we won't get someone on the level of Suarez again, but there are players like that out there.

Name 2 of them please