Author Topic: Rubin Kazan -advice needed  (Read 21393 times)

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Rubin Kazan -advice needed
« on: September 2, 2015, 10:00:35 am »
Don't really know much about  Kazan and considering making the trip. I'd be grateful for advice from anyone who knows what their supporters and the general attitude  is like towards foreign and more specifically ' non-white' away supporters.  Being of Asian origin is usually not a problem and I had no problems in Moscow for the Anzhi game but after a lot of deliberation and advice from others I gave the Zenit game a miss which in retrospect turned out to be a good decision as the lads I'd have gone with had a pretty scary time and I'm sure I'd have been targeted for 'special attention'.

Zenit fans have a well known reputation but I've no idea what Kazan fans are like - if anyone knows more I'd be grateful for your advice.

Cheers  Jeremy

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rubin Kazan -advice needed
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2015, 11:09:22 am »
Sent you a PM about flights..

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2015, 09:22:47 pm »
I haven't seen anything to suggest we will be meeting anything like the St. Petersburg crowd, but info on Kazan is pretty sparce, short of it being a nice place and nobody there speaking any English.

Might be worth trying to drop this fella a line to ask him your questions, think he's a Uk based Rubin fan on twitter

Rubin Kazan UK
@RubinKazanUK
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 2, 2015, 10:14:00 pm »
Pata. Possibly the best Russian reference on RAWK as he's originally from Russia and is a top Red too!
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4 on: September 2, 2015, 10:47:36 pm »
Pata. Possibly the best Russian reference on RAWK as he's originally from Russia and is a top Red too!
yeah I've PMd him - flights had already started going up so I've bit the bullet and booked .

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2015, 09:51:41 am »
want to go this but none of my crowd fancy it.

Anybody want a tag along with them??? Ill supply beer  8)

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2015, 01:55:01 pm »
want to go this but none of my crowd fancy it.

Anybody want a tag along with them??? Ill supply beer  8)
Looks like there's plenty off here on the Finnair flight from Manc on the weds evening so you'd have no problem tagging along  if you booked on that one or even the earlier one weds am  .

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2015, 03:32:43 pm »
Looks like there's plenty off here on the Finnair flight from Manc on the weds evening so you'd have no problem tagging along  if you booked on that one or even the earlier one weds am  .

Don't know about plenty, suspect there will not be too many!

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 4, 2015, 12:00:25 pm »
Credit hunt heaven this game haha

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 4, 2015, 12:06:34 pm »
Credit hunt heaven this game haha
Definitely. Unfortunately you have to play the game. I actually went to all 4 last season, but the amount of spares in Sofia and then Istanbul was a farce. I'm all for collection over there for certain games, but have to play the system like everyone else if that isn't implemented.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 4, 2015, 12:11:39 pm »
Definitely. Unfortunately you have to play the game. I actually went to all 4 last season, but the amount of spares in Sofia and then Istanbul was a farce. I'm all for collection over there for certain games, but have to play the system like everyone else if that isn't implemented.

Exactly, I know what you mean

I bought one for Beşiktaş but actually did sell it

Don't see anything wrong with that personally

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #11 on: September 4, 2015, 04:49:08 pm »
Exactly, I know what you mean

I bought one for Beşiktaş but actually did sell it

Don't see anything wrong with that personally
We all do it but it is wrong as you/we are stopping someone who wants to get on the ladder and get a ticket in their own name.

Not having a go, as I said we all do it and whilst the system stays the same, nothing will change.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: September 4, 2015, 05:08:32 pm »
I went to 3/4 last season and only got Beşiktaş on my card. It is wrong but that's the system. Collection at the game is the only way imo to cut it out and sort the actual travelling fans out for future, bigger ties but saying that I have been to loads of matches on mates spares that I would never been able to get my own ticket.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #13 on: September 4, 2015, 05:59:51 pm »
I went to 3/4 last season and only got Beşiktaş on my card. It is wrong but that's the system. Collection at the game is the only way imo to cut it out and sort the actual travelling fans out for future, bigger ties but saying that I have been to loads of matches on mates spares that I would never been able to get my own ticket.
The exact same applies for me...word for word!

Which one did you miss? Mine was Ludo.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2015, 06:01:40 pm by ABJ »
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 4, 2015, 06:04:03 pm »

I went to Madrid and Ludo, got no credits for either. Ended up getting myself a credit for Beşiktaş (I don't think it sold out anyway..?). I don't feel guilty, it's a shitty game but everybody is playing it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 4, 2015, 06:26:34 pm »
At the very least ask for proof of travel or flight/hotel receipts if we get a tiny allocation like Sion. There won't be enough for people with all 4 from last season and/or credits this season as Basel was the smallest allocation with 1600. Sion will be about 800.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: September 5, 2015, 09:24:14 am »
The exact same applies for me...word for word!

Which one did you miss? Mine was Ludo.

I missed Basel. Ludo was the best away last year, was so cheap in Bulgaria :)

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 5, 2015, 10:27:44 am »
sion is gonna be a nightmare only hope less going due to it being last game of the group and therefor possibly a dead rubber and it being 2 weeks before Christmas, but its gonna be mad scramble

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #18 on: September 5, 2015, 11:21:25 am »
I missed Basel. Ludo was the best away last year, was so cheap in Bulgaria :)
Yeah, a few of lads that go to every game said that it was the best of the 4...bloody typical!!!

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: September 6, 2015, 11:48:28 am »
Kazan are not a problem in comparison to zenit or teams from Moscow, you will have a safe trip in Kazan they are not organised or tough as groups from the two main cities Petersburg and Moscow. Enjoy your trip mate sure this one will be a cracker.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #20 on: September 6, 2015, 06:08:44 pm »
Kazan are not a problem in comparison to zenit or teams from Moscow, you will have a safe trip in Kazan they are not organised or tough as groups from the two main cities Petersburg and Moscow. Enjoy your trip mate sure this one will be a cracker.
Cheers - Pata off here said pretty much the same

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 9, 2015, 07:29:45 pm »
How much have the flights been costing people? Been having a look around at different routes but can't seem to find any prices under £450.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 9, 2015, 07:39:47 pm »
How much have the flights been costing people? Been having a look around at different routes but can't seem to find any prices under £450.

About 300 to 320, where you looking from?

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: September 9, 2015, 08:11:47 pm »
Just seen them going for £250 ex Heathrow ret = skyscanner
« Last Edit: September 9, 2015, 09:24:37 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #24 on: September 9, 2015, 11:16:10 pm »
Flight from manchester was 175 when I first looked but had gone up to around 200 by the time I booked . Now 217 or 204 with a long stopover in Helsinki  finnair out weds back early sat
« Last Edit: September 9, 2015, 11:19:44 pm by jdirckze »

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 01:17:44 pm »
Liverpools Europa League game at Rubin Kazan will take place in the excellent new Kazan Arena, rather than the  Central stadium

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 01:33:06 pm »
Liverpools Europa League game at Rubin Kazan will take place in the excellent new Kazan Arena, rather than the  Central stadium
Presumably they've fixed the pitch since they built the swimming arena on it !

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 01:37:11 pm »
that info is coming from John Bradley - the commentator chappy
There are rumours that i could be fake grass
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:50:31 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 01:19:12 pm »
Anyone going to Kazan,the club will have 2 people from the Russian Embassy processing visa applications in the Boot Room at Anfield on Thursday from 2pm till 5 pm,thanks to Anna & SOS...more info on club website...

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 03:55:48 pm »
Decided  to go for it..

flight booked Tallinn-Moscow-Kazan

Any hotel advice or just go with whats good on booking.com?

Now have to sort that pain in the ass expensive visa out.

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 05:29:57 pm »
Also ticket info for this game announced tomorrow

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 07:28:03 pm »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 11:21:49 am »
Liverpool FC have made the following ticket announcement regarding the Europa League away fixture against Rubin Kazan on Thursday November 5.

The club is expecting to receive an allocation of 2,451 tickets for this match and full selling details will be announced once tickets are received.

Following on from the recent communication regarding visa requirements for travelling to Russia, the qualifying criteria required for this fixture have been confirmed ahead of the sale.

Tickets will initially be available to qualifying hospitality members, season ticket holders, members and fan card holders in the following order.
•All supporters who recorded the Bordeaux away fixture on September 17, 2015
•All supporters who recorded three European away fixtures** in the 2014-15 season

Supporters purchasing during the above sales are guaranteed a ticket.

Should tickets remain, sales will take place strictly in the following order and subject to availability.
•All supporters who recorded two European away fixtures** in the 2014-15 season 
•All supporters who recorded one European away fixture** in the 2014-15 season

As the number of qualifying applicants exceeds the number of available tickets, we cannot guarantee that all who apply will be successful in securing a ticket. Those supporters who are unsuccessful are urged not to travel.

If tickets remain following the above sales, a further announcement will be made here.

**FC Basel on October 1, 2014; Real Madrid on November 4, 2014; Ludogorets Razgrad on November 26, 2014; Beşiktaş on February 26, 2015.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 11:24:05 am »
Weird they haven't put a price on them
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 11:35:33 am »

They might not know them yet.  I think it's because of the visa requirements.  People will want to know whether they can definitely get a ticket before going through all the visa hassle.

Although in reality, anybody who goes will get a ticket.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 12:08:07 pm »
the club havnt confirmed the stadium either !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 12:09:48 pm »
Free for the 100 or so who are travelling,should be 8),Just filled my visa application form in,now just got to do Maccos&Waynes  :butt
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:11:51 pm by rhylred »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2015, 01:56:17 pm »

Or sale dates.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 03:25:42 pm »
Good write up here

http://footballtripper.com/fc-rubin-kazan-arena-russia/

Almost certainly going to be the Kazan Arena with the possibility of fake grass.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 03:45:04 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=33&v=pKiGMaZW8M0

Another interesting link - re:Pitch laying