Author Topic: Suso  (Read 85962 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Suso
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2016, 02:52:35 pm »
Too bad Rodgers purposefully never gave him a chance, probably not British enough for his liking.

Yeah most likely cos he wasn't British.

Or just wasn't very good for us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2016, 02:57:23 pm »
I'm glad to know he's doing well and very much on the up. There was always shades of Coutinho about him.

Too bad Rodgers purposefully never gave him a chance, probably not British enough for his liking.

So in the same post, you manage to pull out of your ass that Rodgers didn't play Suso because he wasn't British enough and also praise Coutinho, who was bought by Rodgers, is Brazilian, and flourished under Rodgers.

:wellin
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2016, 04:09:14 pm »
it's an obvious whoosh comment

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2016, 03:12:46 am »
So in the same post, you manage to pull out of your ass that Rodgers didn't play Suso because he wasn't British enough and also praise Coutinho, who was bought by Rodgers, is Brazilian, and flourished under Rodgers.

Wasn't Coutinho bought by Ayre?
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2016, 06:43:30 am »

Coutinho was signed by the transfer committee bogeymen.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2016, 06:57:48 am »
Coutinho was signed by the transfer committee bogeymen.
"The fuckin' TC again... always meddl-...wait, Coutinho? Ah, it's good".
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2016, 09:48:14 am »
or sterling when he was here

I personally think he was equal to Sterling in the season they most started getting games, but others disagree. For whatever reason he was sent on loan the next season, while we kept Sterling who lucked into lots of gametime due to injuries to the incumbents in front of him, and that was pretty much it for Suso then

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2016, 12:36:01 pm »
I personally think he was equal to Sterling in the season they most started getting games, but others disagree. For whatever reason he was sent on loan the next season, while we kept Sterling who lucked into lots of gametime due to injuries to the incumbents in front of him, and that was pretty much it for Suso then
For as much as I like Suso as a player he is nowhere near Sterling in terms of pace and power and Sterling did not luck into anything, he was one of our best players during the title run in.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2016, 12:45:41 pm »
Suso always had ability some just compared him to Pacheco for some reason and thought he was overrated ::)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2016, 12:46:25 pm »
I remember that game at WBA away in the cup and he had a great assist i think it was a sublime waited pass for Sahin.

Showed glimpses of his talent but really didn't get enough games to show it sadly.

I always thought he would have been a good deep lying midfielder because of his lack of pace,but he seems to be playing high up the pitch in his time in Serie A and is doing well.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2016, 09:22:40 pm »
Another goal and 2 assists today. he may qualify AC Milan to CL spot this year.

he is leading serie a in assists.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:24:42 pm by elsewhere »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2016, 11:36:34 pm »
Looks like he's really starting to showcase his talents. Good for him. to be honest, I think he's worth a cheeky punt as well. We don't have a left-footed attacker and the coaches probably know him already.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2016, 03:12:01 am »
currently in a rich vein of form. scoring and assisting almost every game. A good run in the 1st team developing a player shocker.

glad to see him play well.

did we put in a percentage of sell on fee like we did with balo or even a buy back clause like ibe?

even if he is not coming back lets hope if we can make a profit.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2016, 07:44:05 am »
It was an end of contract wasn't it? Didn't think they bought him.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2016, 10:13:36 am »
Suso: Has won possession in the attacking third more times (17) than any other player in Serie A this season

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2016, 10:22:31 am »
I never really knew what his best position was. If (I'm aware it's highly unlikely) he came back, where would he play/fit in?

Personally I think he's got a good thing going on and it would only make sense to move on if he was joining a Sevilla etc type team in Spain

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2016, 07:12:00 pm »
He wouldn't and he'd be daft to leave Milan as well. He's suited to the RW position under Montella, has some top talent around him of a similar age and they will have more money to spend down the line. Sevilla will always be an also ran in a pretty boring league.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2016, 07:09:08 am »
He wouldn't and he'd be daft to leave Milan as well. He's suited to the RW position under Montella, has some top talent around him of a similar age and they will have more money to spend down the line. Sevilla will always be an also ran in a pretty boring league.

At least Sevilla have competed/been competitive in Europe recently, and won a bunch of trophies. Serie A is a much poorer league, and Milan have done fuck all for years. That might be about to change, but it's only a 'might'.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2016, 11:33:29 am »
At least Sevilla have competed/been competitive in Europe recently, and won a bunch of trophies. Serie A is a much poorer league, and Milan have done fuck all for years. That might be about to change, but it's only a 'might'.

I think Bundesliga will also suit him well.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »
Suso has been involved in Milan's last seven goals - scoring four himself and creating three - to help the Rossoneri to two away victories and a 2-2 draw against rivals Inter.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/11/26/29926802/the-new-coutinho-liverpool-misfit-suso-starring-for-milan

Wtf is with people calling him a liverpool "flop" or "misfit". He was a youth player :butt Weird

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2016, 05:42:05 pm »
Yeah Sevilla are a good cup team but they're nowhere near the size of Milan. Anyway he's not leaving them any time soon so it's a daft argument.

Although on a side you could say Serie A was much poorer about 5 years ago, not so much now across the board. There's a lot of top talent there.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2016, 10:08:26 pm »
Yeah Sevilla are a good cup team but they're nowhere near the size of Milan. Anyway he's not leaving them any time soon so it's a daft argument.

Although on a side you could say Serie A was much poorer about 5 years ago, not so much now across the board. There's a lot of top talent there.

Milan haven't even been in Europe for years. Suso single handedly dragging them back into the CL.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2016, 10:22:40 pm »
Milan haven't even been in Europe for years. Suso single handedly dragging them back into the CL.

Exactly, and you just know we will play AC Milan and Suso in the CL final next year, it's written in the sky. ;)

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2016, 10:55:02 pm »
They've been in the championsleague more times this decade than us just for a dose of perspective. He pretty much is from an attacking standpoint, but it doesn't hurt him having the likes of Locatelli and Bonaventura and, more recently, Lapadula helping him, as well as Romagnoli and Donnarruma further back.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:57:59 pm by Chalky Boots »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2016, 07:39:30 pm »
But it's a bit harder to finish in a CL place in the PL than Serie A.  The quality at the top of each league isn't comparable.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 1, 2016, 02:08:07 pm »
Most assists in Serie A according to stats

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 6, 2016, 01:17:49 am »
Tough 2-1 win for Milan against Crotone

Suso: Always the most dangerous member of Milan’s front trident. He was a constant menace for Crotone, especially in the first half, and kick started most of Milan’s chances

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2016, 07:22:53 pm »
just won the supercoppa italia against Juve on pens (he scored a pen as well)

apparently MoTM performance as well
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:25:30 pm by Sir Psycho Sexy »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2016, 07:24:07 pm »
just won the supercoppa italia against Juve on pens (he scored a pen as well)

FFS. Could have done with some of that in the derby...

(good for him though, and cheers for the update)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2016, 10:00:27 am »
Suso (9.0): Suso looked world-class tonight. His left foot on the right side was lethal, and Juventus couldn’t handle him all night. He got the assist with his stunning cross for Bonaventura’s goal, and patrolled the right side like he’s been doing it for years. An amazing performance from the Spaniard.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2016, 12:46:02 pm »
He loves the big stage.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2016, 01:13:42 pm »
He loves the big stage.

You're not kidding ... he had a fucking stormer  ;D

Left foot, right foot, that left foot though. Looks a bit quicker/nimbler to me than when he was here. Certainly more decisive.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AxcDJ3ihZHU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AxcDJ3ihZHU</a>

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2016, 01:24:20 pm »

Delighted for him, seems hes having a good season so far. I was always a fan but he was never going to get the time he needed here to kick on so needed to move on, glad it is working out for him.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:01:56 pm by blacksun »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2016, 05:19:34 pm »
Still not quick enough to beat defenders, but they give him enough space to set up long crosses and leave the receiving attackers freedom to get onto his crosses.

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2016, 05:45:07 pm »
Yeah, he's making his decisions a lot quicker. Is possibly less pleasing on the eye to watch now but much more effective. Always had that drop of the shoulder without the need for any real pace to go past people. Worked on that right foot though clearly. Lovely stuff. Glad it's working out for him.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2016, 07:50:09 pm »
Still not quick enough to beat defenders, but they give him enough space to set up long crosses and leave the receiving attackers freedom to get onto his crosses.

He beats defenders all the time I think that's been one of his most consistent qualities throughout watching him, not sure he will be a wide forward long term though as you say he's not the quickest, he's sharp over the first few yards and has lovely balance and control but long term I think he could end up as a cm, cpt reina elston gunn and a few others used to say it all the time,  for me due to his attributes his highest ceiling might be as a cm, but who knows could prove to be a lesser left footed version of Coutinho.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2016, 09:00:28 pm »
Decent enough player and suited to a league thats been in decline for years. Would never make it in a Klopp team. never quite understood the hype around him when he was at Liverpool though..

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 25, 2016, 07:33:52 pm »
Decent enough player and suited to a league thats been in decline for years. Would never make it in a Klopp team. never quite understood the hype around him when he was at Liverpool though..

He had to compete with Sterling for a place, and there was only going to be one winner. We made the right decision then and right decision to move him on. He wouldn't make the bench here.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke