Author Topic: Line of Duty  (Read 87280 times)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
Re: Line of Duty
« Reply #80 on: April 5, 2016, 08:13:26 pm »
Denton's voice in Episode 5 of Series 2 is fucking unbearable.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 7, 2016, 04:06:43 pm »
Who scheduled this at the same time as our game?

Disgraceful.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2016, 12:53:52 am »
Nobody watch this then? :D?
:D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2016, 10:47:47 am »
That Joe Nash character is Eirik Bakke.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2016, 12:00:53 pm »
Nobody watch this then? :D?

Certainly have been engrossing as ever, but everyone seems to be watching at different times.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2016, 02:05:26 pm »
Binged the first 2 series on Netflix but am struggling with the weekly watch in series 3 so going to let the series run then watch as a whole.

God damn Netflix has ruined my ability to concentrate on old fashioned once a week stuff !!  :no

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2016, 10:44:06 pm »
Brilliant again last week. Just caught up now.

The series finale is a 90 minute special apparently.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »
3rd episode was superb.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2016, 03:51:44 pm »
Kate is still the world's worst undercover copper though.
lol

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2016, 06:37:46 pm »
Brilliant again last week. Just caught up now.

The series finale is a 90 minute special apparently.

90 minutes finale? Brilliant hopefully it will all come together in the end. I just get the feeling the caddy will be the main part of it now.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2016, 08:13:48 pm »
So we still have 3 and a half hours of this left? Awesome.
:D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2016, 12:11:13 pm »
Epsiode 3 spoiler -

Spoiler
I think the whole Dot Cottan thing is getting a little bit much now, him being on the scene with hari and in handcuffs surely would have raised some suspicion. Then the AC-12 office all cheering and slapping him on the back as a hero was all a bit..meh.  It really is a good show though and I suspect Denton being released will see her bring the caddy down. :)

Liverpool beat Dortmund and The Caddy gets his cumuppence makes for a good Thursday!
[close]

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2016, 12:30:45 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2016, 03:35:01 am »
Epsiode 3 spoiler -

Spoiler
I think the whole Dot Cottan thing is getting a little bit much now, him being on the scene with hari and in handcuffs surely would have raised some suspicion. Then the AC-12 office all cheering and slapping him on the back as a hero was all a bit..meh.  It really is a good show though and I suspect Denton being released will see her bring the caddy down. :)

Liverpool beat Dortmund and The Caddy gets his cumuppence makes for a good Thursday!
[close]
Spoiler
Cotton told Hari he was re examining an old crime scene but he told the police he had spotted him and followed him so can't see him say he just happened to be there as an excuse. think Cotton will say Hari deliberately showed himself to entice him into the building where he had the noose all set up to kill him, the CTV evidence won't back that up though so maybe hes got another excuse. he's a glever git Cotton :)
I was surprised Cotton didn't makes sure Hari's fingerprints where on the handcuffs, I imagine he will be asked to hand over his handicuffs as evidence. so I don't know how Hari is supposed to have cuffed him when his fingerprints and DNA are not on the cuffs. that's going to take some explaining.
Brilliant series,First thought Cotton was guilty of not investigating all the child abuse. looks like he was in on it now, burning the list, making sure Waldren never mentioned any Coppers names involved in the child abuse, all the phone calls at the end off his m8s on that list I assume.
I remember the last series mentioned this Caddy fella but not sure if we knew he he was at the end of the last episode,they tried to say it was the senior copper who was kicked out of the police at then end of the last series for dressing up in golf gear having it off thought that was all rubbish to throw them off the scent. I wouldn't be surprised if this Caddy fella does all the running round organizing the sick child abuse partys.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:40:43 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2016, 08:09:58 am »
Spoiler
Cotton told Hari he was re examining an old crime scene but he told the police he had spotted him and followed him so can't see him say he just happened to be there as an excuse. think Cotton will say Hari deliberately showed himself to entice him into the building where he had the noose all set up to kill him, the CTV evidence won't back that up though so maybe hes got another excuse. he's a glever git Cotton :)
I was surprised Cotton didn't makes sure Hari's fingerprints where on the handcuffs, I imagine he will be asked to hand over his handicuffs as evidence. so I don't know how Hari is supposed to have cuffed him when his fingerprints and DNA are not on the cuffs. that's going to take some explaining.
Brilliant series,First thought Cotton was guilty of not investigating all the child abuse. looks like he was in on it now, burning the list, making sure Waldren never mentioned any Coppers names involved in the child abuse, all the phone calls at the end off his m8s on that list I assume.
I remember the last series mentioned this Caddy fella but not sure if we knew he he was at the end of the last episode,they tried to say it was the senior copper who was kicked out of the police at then end of the last series for dressing up in golf gear having it off thought that was all rubbish to throw them off the scent. I wouldn't be surprised if this Caddy fella does all the running round organizing the sick child abuse partys.
[close]

Spoiler
I'm sure Dot Cottan is the Caddy!!  At the end of season 1 when Dot went in the back of the prison van with Tommy Hunter he mentioned it i'm sure.

Only from WIKI but....DS Cottan, is Tommy's inside man (having been recruited as a teenager when he caddied for Tommy at a local golf club).

I also think the Police would have investigated Tommy Hunters old golf club and found out who the previous Caddys were there.
[close]

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2016, 01:11:15 pm »
Spoiler
I'm sure Dot Cottan is the Caddy!!  At the end of season 1 when Dot went in the back of the prison van with Tommy Hunter he mentioned it i'm sure.

Only from WIKI but....DS Cottan, is Tommy's inside man (having been recruited as a teenager when he caddied for Tommy at a local golf club).
Spoiler
I also think the Police would have investigated Tommy Hunters old golf club and found out who the previous Caddys were there.
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
That adds up Pete. I missed that, was thinking it was just a code word rather than a real caddy :) so it's all been covered up and the investigation stopped in it's tracks, am going to have to get another sky+ box, keep on deleting all these episodes from brilliant series like this just to make space.

[close]

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:15:07 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2016, 07:21:05 pm »
"He can be at times an irritating wee gobshite" Just like Michael Owen then. Gotta love Hastings. Also love his reactions of fume and anger.

Lindsay Denton, take a bow.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:34:39 am by Yiannis »

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2016, 07:47:13 pm »
I also think Polly Walker is an ubermilf too
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2016, 08:48:29 pm »
martin compston
@martin_compston

Thanks for fantastic support as always. Not to tease but ep 5/6 best things I've ever been part of. They make the last 4 look calm in comparison.

boydhilton
@boydhilton

The penultimate episode of Line Of Duty is the best hour of TV I've seen this year

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2016, 11:46:56 pm »
"He can be at times a wee little gobshite" Just like Michael Owen then. Gotta love Hastings. Also love his reactions of fume and anger.

Lindsay Denton, take a bow.

That scene between Hastings and Denton when she was demanding an apology from him, was just class. You get the impression he would have rather eat his razor then say sorry.  ;D

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2016, 02:01:57 am »
Spoiler

Brilliant series and not a criticism but it's getting harder every week to work out whose the baddy and the goody. you think one persons and out of the story line locked up in prison and up they pop up again as the goody :)
3 story lines which am sure are all connected in this series and little vital important clues in episodes in series 1+2 that you need to know to solve the clues in this series. the standard of writing is superb.
This phone evidence she claims she has on Steve seems to backed up by the fact she video taped the perv prisoner officer who offered her a £10 for sex. so if she did have sex with Steve she would have used it as evidence in her trial,so just what does she has on Steve if they didn't have sex. he must have said something that will drop him right in it. ive no idea
 BBC has excelled this year, Happy Valley brilliant now Line of Duty and Peaky blinders starts in a few weeks as well.

[close]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:32:30 am by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2016, 10:04:34 am »
Martin Compston on Saturday Kitchen. Weird hearing himself speak in his normal accent. Had no idea he was Scottish.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2016, 11:37:31 am »
That scene between Hastings and Denton when she was demanding an apology from him, was just class. You get the impression he would have rather eat his razor then say sorry.  ;D

Haha yeah. He constantly had that disgusted look and didn't want to be there obviously.

PS: The quote was 'irritating wee gobshite' btw.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2016, 03:48:59 pm »
Martin Compston on Saturday Kitchen. Weird hearing himself speak in his normal accent. Had no idea he was Scottish.
I didn't realise that until i saw him talking on BBC news just before the Scottish referendum,he was in the leave camp. :D

Big Celtic fan as well.

Keeley Hawes is fantastic in this,so many storylines going on.

Fantastic vieweing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2016, 04:19:26 pm »
Compston was brilliant portraying Paul Ferris a notorious Glasgow gangster. in The Wee man 3 years ago.
Everyone believed it was a done deal that Ferris would be played by Robert Caryle. never got off the ground for years till Compston took the part. perfect for the part. cold. calculating and ruthless.
Enjoyed the movie and found it very interesting. took on the toughest crime Barron of Glasgow and came out on top. as good as admits to a lot of officially unsolved attacks without actually saying he did it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2113809/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:35:54 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2016, 10:25:21 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I just watched season one again - mentioned a couple of times in the final episode that Cottam was his caddy - 'the best caddy I ever had' he says in the back of the van. 
[close]

I'd forgotten how good season one was. It had become overshadowed by Keeley Hawkes in season two. I was expecting Tony Gates to pull out a staff every so often - he's Morgan in Walking Dead.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2016, 10:25:45 pm »
Compston was brilliant portraying Paul Ferris a notorious Glasgow gangster. in The Wee man 3 years ago.
Everyone believed it was a done deal that Ferris would be played by Robert Caryle. never got off the ground for years till Compston took the part. perfect for the part. cold. calculating and ruthless.
Enjoyed the movie and found it very interesting. took on the toughest crime Barron of Glasgow and came out on top. as good as admits to a lot of officially unsolved attacks without actually saying he did it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2113809/

Yes - very good film.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2016, 08:20:45 am »
Spoiler
I was expecting Tony Gates to pull out a staff every so often - he's Morgan in Walking Dead.
[close]
I knew I'd seen in something thanks...

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »
martin compston
@martin_compston

Thanks for fantastic support as always. Not to tease but ep 5/6 best things I've ever been part of. They make the last 4 look calm in comparison.

boydhilton
@boydhilton

The penultimate episode of Line Of Duty is the best hour of TV I've seen this year

Wow. Cannot wait for Thursday's episode now after reading this

Just caught up with Episode 4 and it's hotting up nicely.

Spoiler
I still think AC-12 will eventually do a trace on Tommy Hunters past and find out which Golf courses he used to frequent which will in turn lead them to the Caddy

Maybe not like but its just a thought
[close]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:41:52 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2016, 10:49:09 pm »
Didn't see series 1 or 2, but me & the Mrs are enjoying this series 3 all the same. I guess there's a lot of background we're missing, but it's cleverly enough done so that it works as a brilliant stand alone drama. It's good fun filling in the gaps as well, like being amateur detectives ourselves trying to work out what must've gone on before and how it all hangs together. Crackin stuff.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2016, 11:36:12 pm »
Didn't see series 1 or 2, but me & the Mrs are enjoying this series 3 all the same. I guess there's a lot of background we're missing, but it's cleverly enough done so that it works as a brilliant stand alone drama. It's good fun filling in the gaps as well, like being amateur detectives ourselves trying to work out what must've gone on before and how it all hangs together. Crackin stuff.

Don't worry RM - even though we've watched it from the start we still struggle to piece it all together! I'd forgotten all about
Spoiler
the caddy bit and the men behaving badly fella
[close]

And besides, as oldfordie says, just when you think you've got the goodies and baddies boxed off they have a quick game of musical chairs to throw you off the scent!

;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:38:22 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2016, 12:14:45 am »
Don't worry RM - even though we've watched it from the start we still struggle to piece it all together! I'd forgotten all about
Spoiler
[close]

And besides, as oldfordie says, just when you think you've got the goodies and baddies boxed off they have a quick game of musical chairs to throw you off the scent!

;D
I wouldn't mind Timbo but they even threw a masonic handshake in this week as well as if they haven't given us enough to consider already, gits.  :)
Spoiler
Whatever this Caddy fellas done wrong though, he did it before he joined the police force and it must be bad, he casually mentioned he was only a kid when they forced him to join the police force to do there dirty work inside.  Cotton was very concerned if Waldron had mentioned the names of any coppers involved in the child abuse. whether Cotton was involved who knows yet.got a feeling he was. tune in for a completely different theory on Friday after watching the next episode . :)
[close]
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2016, 12:32:13 am »
I wouldn't mind Timbo but they even threw a masonic handshake in this week as well as if they haven't given us enough to consider already, gits.  :)
Spoiler
Whatever this Caddy fellas done wrong though, he did it before he joined the police force and it must be bad, he casually mentioned he was only a kid when they forced him to join the police force to do there dirty work inside.  Cotton was very concerned if Waldron had mentioned the names of any coppers involved in the child abuse. whether Cotton was involved who knows yet.got a feeling he was. tune in for a completely different theory on Friday after watching the next episode . :)
[close]

And I've read a theory tonight that....

Spoiler
The AC-12 MILF Solicitor Gill is involved in the corruption in some way!!
[close]

Also on the subject of Masonic handshakes, did anyone notice the retired Chief Super with the big mutton chop sideboards is Nevison Gallagher from Happy Valley :)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2016, 01:06:38 am »
And I've read a theory tonight that....

Spoiler
The AC-12 MILF Solicitor Gill is involved in the corruption in some way!!
[close]

Also on the subject of Masonic handshakes, did anyone notice the retired Chief Super with the big mutton chop sideboards is Nevison Gallagher from Happy Valley :)
Spoiler
She always plays a baddy so she's deffo involved, that's the only evidence ive got on her right now though to be honest. :)

[close]
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2016, 09:07:46 am »
Spoiler
[close]

;D
Good to know Timbo. There was a short recap program on catch up that we watched before we started on S3, so we had just enough background. But its clever the way they've done it. Some fantastic scenes with Keeley Hawes in the last one.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:11:07 am by Red_Mist »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2016, 09:50:09 am »
did anyone notice the retired Chief Super with the big mutton chop sideboards is Nevison Gallagher from Happy Valley :)

He tried to distract me with those sideburns but yeah, almost instantly recognized him.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2016, 10:44:43 am »
He tried to distract me with those sideburns but yeah, almost instantly recognized him.

George Costigan - I think he's a big Bluenose Liverpool Everyman actor from the same stable as Bill Nighy, Anthony Sher, Julie Walters, Jonathan Pryce, Bernard Hill, Pete Postlethwaite & co.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2016, 12:03:20 pm »
George Costigan - I think he's a big Bluenose Liverpool Everyman actor from the same stable as Bill Nighy, Anthony Sher, Julie Walters, Jonathan Pryce, Bernard Hill, Pete Postlethwaite & co.

Well lets hope his character in this and his team in real life both get what's coming to them this week :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2016, 11:52:08 am »
Really looking forward to this tonight fellow LOD fans :)

House to myself tonight too. Brucie Bonus!!!

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2016, 12:38:15 pm »

I get a bit annoyed that we are expected to remember little clues from snatches of conversation in previous series, when they were three or four managers ago.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"