Author Topic: Line of Duty  (Read 87406 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Line of Duty
« Reply #360 on: April 30, 2017, 07:56:26 pm »
Pumped for this.

Just over an hour now.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #361 on: April 30, 2017, 08:46:01 pm »
Pumped for this.

Just over an hour now.

Fifteen minutes now, coffee to keep going while I watch this, after today.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2017, 08:50:36 pm »
Spiritually in the subway........
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2017, 09:06:25 pm »
We're underway!  ;D

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #364 on: April 30, 2017, 09:59:20 pm »
No chance that Hastings is involved - telegraphed far too hard....or maybe that's the double swerve - FUCK!!!
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #365 on: April 30, 2017, 10:02:53 pm »
Ted is so fucked in a future series.

Really enjoyed that.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 30, 2017, 10:05:02 pm »
Brilliant once again.

I thought the announcement during the credits was going to mention another series later in the year. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #367 on: April 30, 2017, 10:08:10 pm »
I have a feeling Roz will be back.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2017, 10:14:05 pm »
Ted is so fucked in a future series.

Really enjoyed that.

Hastings?  :o  But that look he gave at the end. Tell me we don't have to wait another year for the new one.  :(

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #369 on: April 30, 2017, 10:38:00 pm »
 :lmao

That was a very disappointing episode.

Quality of that series decreased each week from episode 4 onwards.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: April 30, 2017, 10:45:37 pm »
Got to disagree Trev totally loved it, and the way they left it all hanging there, will get me watching the next series.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:27:47 pm by jillc »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 1, 2017, 12:56:29 am »
Well I never expected that, all the baddys got nicked in one episode. 
Still links to the pedophiles and Tommy Hunter and expect the next series to carry on the investigation over who topped Hilton.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: May 1, 2017, 01:14:57 am »
Bit dodgy the way Hastings told Kate to take his pic down. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #373 on: May 1, 2017, 01:48:46 am »

Has the old school looking copper who was brought in to do the interview  featured in earlier series? Because he was on the board and his name started with H too.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #374 on: May 1, 2017, 02:14:35 am »

thought this was quite interesting...

Beyond the Line of Duty: Tina Daheley asks your questions   (Tina Daheley, Crime Watch presenter and Line of Duty fan asks Vicky McClure, Martin Compston, Jed Mercurio and police advisor David Zinzan, your fan questions.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051cf5k

Hadn't heard Martin Compston's natural accent before...

« Last Edit: May 1, 2017, 02:17:28 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 1, 2017, 02:42:23 am »
Has the old school looking copper who was brought in to do the interview  featured in earlier series? Because he was on the board and his name started with H too.

Do you men the fat bloke with the  glasses from The Murder squad? DCI Hargreaves.   Then yes, and part of his previous acts have been to try and over rule Steve Arnott.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #376 on: May 1, 2017, 09:06:53 am »

Yeah - he was in series 2.  Was pissed off at AC12 going after the Dep Chief Constable.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #377 on: May 1, 2017, 09:11:19 am »
Thanks both, that's the one. Yet another H,  gets confusing after a while.  Was half expecting the Steps singer to be exposed as the ringleader.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #378 on: May 1, 2017, 11:17:56 am »
I don't understand why Huntley's husband's Lawyer organised for Arnott to be assaulted ( possibly murdered) earlier in the series. What had he and his cohorts got to gain from stopping him from speaking to Huntley's a Husband?
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 1, 2017, 12:10:59 pm »

Not just that bit either. The bit were he and Kate were looking at Hilton's body, when she claimed it could be something other than suicide, he seemed very quick to dismiss any other possibility. They have definitely left doubt about Hastings hanging there. The new series is supposed to look more into his background as well.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #380 on: May 1, 2017, 12:21:52 pm »
This gets better and better. I'm going to watch the whole lot again.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #381 on: May 1, 2017, 02:02:03 pm »
I don't understand why Huntley's husband's Lawyer organised for Arnott to be assaulted ( possibly murdered) earlier in the series. What had he and his cohorts got to gain from stopping him from speaking to Huntley's a Husband?

Arnott was asking lots of questions about Roz, and Roz had been pushed to pin the killings on the innocent lad which they had setup.
:D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 1, 2017, 02:21:03 pm »
Not just that bit either. The bit were he and Kate were looking at Hilton's body, when she claimed it could be something other than suicide, he seemed very quick to dismiss any other possibility. They have definitely left doubt about Hastings hanging there. The new series is supposed to look more into his background as well.

In the past it was revealed that he invested his cash into something that went tits up. It was then pointed out by either Hilton or the other top copper (Grey haired Scottish fella) that his financial woes make him susceptible to bribery.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #383 on: May 1, 2017, 05:36:48 pm »
In the past it was revealed that he invested his cash into something that went tits up. It was then pointed out by either Hilton or the other top copper (Grey haired Scottish fella) that his financial woes make him susceptible to bribery.
Detective Chief Constable Mike Dryden  ;D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 1, 2017, 11:23:03 pm »
Detective Chief Constable Mike Dryden  ;D

As well you know.  ;)

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #385 on: May 2, 2017, 04:34:43 pm »
Arnott was asking lots of questions about Roz, and Roz had been pushed to pin the killings on the innocent lad which they had setup.

Aye, but beating a copper to within an inch of his life is highly unlikely to make his colleagues ( or in this case Arnott himself) from following the line of investigation he or she was working on. The opposite in fact. That bit of the storyline just didn't make sense to me.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 2, 2017, 04:56:40 pm »
thought this was quite interesting...

Beyond the Line of Duty: Tina Daheley asks your questions   (Tina Daheley, Crime Watch presenter and Line of Duty fan asks Vicky McClure, Martin Compston, Jed Mercurio and police advisor David Zinzan, your fan questions.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051cf5k

Hadn't heard Martin Compston's natural accent before...

I've only just got into it this series, so I was surprised to hear him with an English accent, as the only thing I'd seen him in was In Plain Sight on ITV where he played Scottish serial killer Peter Manuel - he was a right sick bastard in that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #387 on: May 3, 2017, 07:47:48 am »
Wee witch.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #388 on: May 3, 2017, 08:07:23 am »
I've only just got into it this series, so I was surprised to hear him with an English accent, as the only thing I'd seen him in was In Plain Sight on ITV where he played Scottish serial killer Peter Manuel - he was a right sick bastard in that.

aye, good programme that

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 2, 2017, 04:19:35 pm »
Binged the first 3 series of this in the last couple of weeks. Not a massive police show fan and after episode 1 I was on the fence but quickly got gripped. Insanely good acting.

Started series 4 today.

Spoiler
Series 2 was the best for me so far - how hot is Keeley Hawes? She was such a difficult character to react to though - sometimes I despised her and other times really felt for her.

Love Kate, Steve and Hastings. Dunbar has the ability to make you shit your pants with a look.

Glad The Caddy got what's coming to him but he was a great liar.

[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 4, 2017, 05:57:03 pm »
A bit late to the game but I just watched all 4 over the last couple of months.

It's got a strange mix of going into the minutiae of police work but also being very over the top at times. Like a mixture between The Wire and 24   ;D

Somehow it just works though, it's the most addictive show I've watched in a long time! I agree with the above that season 2 was the highlight (mainly because of Keeley Hawes) but I've loved all the others too.

I'll be devastated if Hastings turns out to be a bent copper. If have to rewatch everything to see if it makes sense but I can't remember him really doing anything that has led the investigation in the wrong way. He could have easily dropped the charges against Huntley in season 4 and none of the Hilton's corruption would have been exposed.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #391 on: December 28, 2017, 12:26:01 pm »
Because the BBC have this up as a legit free box set in their I-player (until late jan), I decided to go back to series 1 just out of idle curiosity. Turns out I missed the 1st series completely when it was first screened. It was great viewing in crimbo downtime, then I check the 1st episodes of the rest, and I had seen and remembered them. Thing is though, my whole experience of series 2 to 4 was far superior not knowing who the caddy was (which is given away in the 1st series).
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: August 8, 2018, 10:49:24 am »
Jed Mecurio's new show looks good. If it's half as good as Line of Duty it'll be great. Oh and Keeley Hawes is in it so it'll be boss anyway.

https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/1026423218033373184?s=19

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2018, 02:36:46 am »
The Bodyguard is brilliant, unraveling nicely now.

Not sure how I failed to realise the lead is Robb Stark.  :butt
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:40:07 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 10, 2018, 10:33:26 am »
It is coming along nicely now, all sorts of things going through my mind as to whose up to what. Richard Madden is cool.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: September 10, 2018, 12:42:39 pm »
The Bodyguard is brilliant, unraveling nicely now.

Not sure how I failed to realise the lead is Robb Stark.  :butt
Got really excited when I saw this thread bumped, thought there was a new LOD starting  :butt

Yeah Bodyguard is decent

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2018, 12:48:58 pm »
Got really excited when I saw this thread bumped, thought there was a new LOD starting  :butt

Yeah Bodyguard is decent

I'd read somewhere there was.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #397 on: September 10, 2018, 12:50:33 pm »

Yeah Bodyguard is decent

They've been tweeting while it's being filmed. I reckon it might be in the new year.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: September 10, 2018, 12:56:55 pm »

I'd read somewhere there was.

They've been tweeting while it's being filmed. I reckon it might be in the new year.

Thanks

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2018, 08:56:39 pm »
Watched all 4 series in about 6 days

Right up there with Breaking Bad for me. Hastings is an absolute boss.

Think series 2 is probably the best of them, but its a 10/10 where the others are 9s so it's no citicism of the others.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:58:16 pm by rowan_d »