Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 174229 times)

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #120 on: January 1, 2014, 05:26:35 pm »
A big result for us at the moment is his form
Apart from a few dicey moments at the beginning of the City game he was really good against a world class right side
Today he was everything you could want defensively and got up the pitch enough to support

Fills a gap in our team if he can keep improving

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 1, 2014, 05:30:09 pm »
I thought first half he was absent when we were in possession, taking up the positions of a wing back and not a full-back. Second half he was more involved and did quite well. Probably his best game for us, which isn't saying a great deal but if he's improving then that's to be very much welcomed.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 1, 2014, 05:33:01 pm »
More Bambi legs in the first half where he received the ball with absolutely no pressure and pedalled his legs 15 times before faceplanting on the spot ;D

He did well today, took the safe option to clear the ball into touch quite a few times, but did well
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 1, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »
He lacks confidence and his teammates don't seem to trust him.

He could've played Suarez through on one occasion but lacked the awareness to do so instead he went on the outside and tried to use his pace which is an instinctive move that he likes to do.

agree about our players trusting him. i see the same reluctance to pass to moses and aspas, though they're usually central and surrounded by better players whereas cissokho is ignored while stretching the opposition on the flank. aly is playing his way to being more trusted though, with definite improvement and good performances in the past few appearances.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 1, 2014, 05:39:07 pm »
He's not ignored, mate, he literally wasn't there. I'd have to re-watch to be sure but I'm pretty certain Brendan shouted at him to get nearer to the man on the ball.

He hasn't had many games, though, and that was a much better show so I have hope. He was solid defensively and he had more work to do in terms of one-on-ones than any other defender today.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: January 1, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »
Much improved and you could see him visibly growing in confidence during the game. Can't fault him for effort, hope his decent form continues until the end of the season.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 1, 2014, 06:05:12 pm »
As long as he's solid defensively I'm not too bothered about his attacking side of the game for now. Doesn't seem like he has the best fitness (IMO the reason he didn't play against Chelsea)

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #127 on: January 1, 2014, 06:09:49 pm »
agree about our players trusting him. i see the same reluctance to pass to moses and aspas, though they're usually central and surrounded by better players whereas cissokho is ignored while stretching the opposition on the flank. aly is playing his way to being more trusted though, with definite improvement and good performances in the past few appearances.

Agreed I noticed the same with the other two as well.  I think it was Suarez who had the ball and he could've easily played it to Moses but decided to wait so that he could give it to Gerrard, which tells you all you need to know about Moses.

Anyway in regards to Cissokho hopefully the more games he gets the more he'll grow in confidence

Online vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #128 on: January 1, 2014, 06:12:08 pm »
He was a passenger for most of the game, certainly the first half just sat on the touchline. When he got the ball he passed it back and stayed still. He grew into it in the second half, but still has a lot to prove. Play him against Oldham, but Im far from convinced.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 1, 2014, 06:12:12 pm »
Think he has been decent these last couple games. Hasn't been much of a liability hat he was in his early performances and he seems to be gaining confidence. This could turn out to be a very important signing for us with the injuries of Flanagan and Enrique.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 1, 2014, 06:14:29 pm »
When's Enrique back, think he's done a decent job over the last couple of games but he doesn't offer enough going forwards.
Think most of our attacking play came down the right hand side until Johnson went off injured.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #131 on: January 1, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »
Think he has been decent these last couple games. Hasn't been much of a liability hat he was in his early performances and he seems to be gaining confidence. This could turn out to be a very important signing for us with the injuries of Flanagan and Enrique.

Yeah but that's all he is - loan cover for our first choices. Don't think he'll be here next season.

Flanagan seems to be #1 in that spot now.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 1, 2014, 06:19:34 pm »
Yeah but that's all he is - loan cover for our first choices. Don't think he'll be here next season.

Flanagan seems to be #1 in that spot now.

Yeah, I agree. Unless he dramatically improves, he will be off, but he has done a solid job these past few games and he has stopped being a liability in recent games.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 1, 2014, 09:07:39 pm »
I noticed something about him in the last few games: Despite being only 5'11 he wins every single one of his headers all over the field. Rather reminiscent of Tim Cahill. Thats aside he seems very solid defensively, especially in 1v1 s. Dont think he is the long term solution because he is hopeless in possession but I dont mind him being used this season whenever Jose is not fit.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #134 on: January 1, 2014, 09:33:01 pm »
I too think Cissokho is an adequate back up. Like others have said, he doesn't contribute much on offense or for ball retention, but he helps shore up the defense with physical opponents. Not a bad role to have, but it limits his usefulness. Might be worth keeping him for a low fee and low(ish) wages? 
« Last Edit: January 1, 2014, 09:35:36 pm by wemmick »

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 1, 2014, 11:35:01 pm »
I too think Cissokho is an adequate back up. Like others have said, he doesn't contribute much on offense or for ball retention, but he helps shore up the defense with physical opponents. Not a bad role to have, but it limits his usefulness. Might be worth keeping him for a low fee and low(ish) wages?

Probably not worth it. We have more than enough players capable of playing that back up role, the majority of whom are young players needing games for development. If we're looking at a new LB to bring in, we should bring in someone who's good enough to start every game even when everyone else is fit. That's the only sure fire way to strengthen your squad. Can't say that about Cissokho. I'd take Enrique and Flano over him, and probably Robinson too.

For now, though, he's ideal. He's probably not on high wages, and he's more than capable of doing a steady job at the back while other options are injured. Once Enrique and Flano are back, I imagine Cissokho won't get on the field again (provided both stay fit).

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #136 on: January 1, 2014, 11:43:07 pm »
Unlike many of you, I think Cissokho is decent in possession. He's certainly the exact opposite of Enrique in terms of relinquishing the ball quickly and straightforwardly.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #137 on: January 1, 2014, 11:52:51 pm »
I agree, I think he's fairly tidy with the ball, quite good defensively and not too bad at crossing.
He's not amazing and we need better if we're challenging for title/europe, but he's done a decent job and looks comitted and interested, unlike our other loan signing.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 1, 2014, 11:54:59 pm »
Unlike many of you, I think Cissokho is decent in possession. He's certainly the exact opposite of Enrique in terms of relinquishing the ball quickly and straightforwardly.

He's a bit of a Downing like, not a massive problem at full-back mind. Think we forget Enrique has been effective going forward, played his part in a number of our best team moves under Rodgers.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2014, 11:56:53 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #139 on: January 1, 2014, 11:56:47 pm »
He's a bit of a Downing like

I suppose, in a way. At much lower wages, I am almost certain of that.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 2, 2014, 12:01:22 am »
I'm happy with his noticeable improvement in the past two/three games. I'd like to see him make a few more positive runs. He tried a few times today and even got a shot away, but I'm sure there is a turn of pace available to him, somewhere.

I like how Jose Enrique will take opportunities to launch a long ball or chipped through ball etc.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2014, 12:04:10 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 2, 2014, 12:08:04 am »

He has been pretty solid in his last 2 appearances, so we might wait for Enrique to get back to full fitness, without entering the January market for a new LB.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 2, 2014, 12:13:08 am »
I think he's done well in his last couple of games. Solid if unspectacular. Which is fine. Hopefully a good game against Oldham and he has a string of good performances to build on this.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #143 on: January 2, 2014, 12:16:58 am »
Always feels like you're damning him with faint praise if you say it. But, he's done alright again today, but the possibilities with better are just so obvious. Not his fault, and pressure of playing for a move must be huge.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline snowman

• Kemlynite
  • Stalking Daniel Sturridge.
« Reply #144 on: January 2, 2014, 12:18:00 am »
Thought the lad had his best game for us so far.

A few more games and some confidence could go along way for him. I'd start him v Stoke.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 2, 2014, 12:28:51 am »
I wrote him off earlier in the season which is rare for me, he just seemed to completely lack commitment in the same way that Moses does. He's looked much better in the last few games though, tidy defensively and solid enough going forward. Between his improvement, Flanagan's return to the team and Enrique being close to fitness I'm hopeful we won't need to sign a left back at all in January.

Offline snowman

• Kemlynite
  • Stalking Daniel Sturridge.
« Reply #146 on: January 2, 2014, 12:32:07 am »
I wrote him off earlier in the season which is rare for me, he just seemed to completely lack commitment in the same way that Moses does. He's looked much better in the last few games though, tidy defensively and solid enough going forward. Between his improvement, Flanagan's return to the team and Enrique being close to fitness I'm hopeful we won't need to sign a left back at all in January.

Agreed. Funds that can be spent elsewhere.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 2, 2014, 01:02:42 am »
I thought he was very good today other than that slip. Defensively sound, and made some clever attacking runs but was ignored. If he can perform like that week in week out I won't complain

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 2, 2014, 02:11:18 am »
Still think he's an accident waiting to happen, even if he did do alright today.

He just looks like a lad who simply won't be able to keep the concentration up for 90 mins and a slip up will appear somewhere around the line, it's just a question whether the opposition will take advantage or not.

And I'm afraid we can't afford such a player at this club.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 2, 2014, 04:25:54 am »

This. He often makes the safe passes and retains the ball well. The exact opposite of Enrique who is so hit and miss that it is unbeleivable. I am not at all worried by him in possesion like I am with Enrique.

His problem is that defensively, he seems prone to mental lapses and switching off. Maybe he is just get back into the swing off things and he will improve, but for he past few games, he has been solid back up.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 2, 2014, 09:55:15 am »
In the first half yesterday his positional play was very poor. He was far more concerned with not making any mistakes than providing any sort of out for Agger who to be fair stopped trusting him. He was content to be not involved and didn't want the ball. To his credit he improved in the second half.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 2, 2014, 10:16:12 am »
I think he needs to be more confident.

There were a few moments on the second half where he used his pace and power to drive into the box. If he carries on trying to be positive like that then he could turn out to be a good option for us.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #152 on: January 2, 2014, 11:17:49 am »
He definitely "grows" into games doesnt he? Thought he was scared shitless in the first 15mins. Then as the team started playing, he grew and grew. He's basic to be honest. Who knows, he could be vital for us this month while our fullbacks regain fitness and we have "kinder" games.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #153 on: January 2, 2014, 11:39:18 am »
I think he's getting better, but I still think our priority should be a first choice left back.

We need to improve and we can buy a player better than Cissokho OR Enrique.  I'd sign a left sided defender in January or the summer and keep Enrique as his backup.

Return Cissokho when his loan is up.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #154 on: January 2, 2014, 03:31:25 pm »
If you listen carefully to the players shouting on the pitch its constantly "Aly ,Aly" get here ..push out.. get back etc. The lads are talking to him all the time and he seems to be taking it in tbf on him
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #155 on: January 2, 2014, 04:42:44 pm »
I dont think he is the most intelligent of playersplayers

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 2, 2014, 04:51:34 pm »
Well done to him, he's definitely improved in the last few games

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #157 on: January 2, 2014, 05:01:32 pm »
It maybe a tad irrational but I'm petrified when this lad is on the ball  ::)

Expectations of him are now so low, that anything resembling a solid game is a surprise.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Homo rubrum

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Knock it and run, son.
« Reply #158 on: January 2, 2014, 05:27:36 pm »
For those saying his recent performances, coupled with Flanagan's impressive form, has made left back not a priority this window- iIf Aly was our backup, or even our first choice option, when all we wanted was a manful defensive display I'd be inclined to agree.  But just how vital Johnson can be to us building an attack when he's on song makes me think that the offensive quality of our fullbacks dictates the quality of our offense to a disproportionate degree. 

Playing more of the bottom ten away from home second half of the season suggests to me there will be even more onus on the fullbacks to get the ball out from the back, as they'll be faced with pressure high up in virtually every game.
That being said, perhaps Brendan shifting Henderson 3.0 (he spent very little time in the Beta version)  deeper against Hull is the way we deal with that, building centrally a bit more?

Maybe our play is going to require a less full game, with a lot more back.
And if you can do it all with a proud boner, then why the hell not?

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 2, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »
For those saying his recent performances, coupled with Flanagan's impressive form, has made left back not a priority this window- iIf Aly was our backup, or even our first choice option, when all we wanted was a manful defensive display I'd be inclined to agree.  But just how vital Johnson can be to us building an attack when he's on song makes me think that the offensive quality of our fullbacks dictates the quality of our offense to a disproportionate degree. 

Playing more of the bottom ten away from home second half of the season suggests to me there will be even more onus on the fullbacks to get the ball out from the back, as they'll be faced with pressure high up in virtually every game.
That being said, perhaps Brendan shifting Henderson 3.0 (he spent very little time in the Beta version)  deeper against Hull is the way we deal with that, building centrally a bit more?

Maybe our play is going to require a less full game, with a lot more back.

Enrique is the player for that, he should be back over the next couple of weeks too. If we get into Europe next season we'll maybe need better but now that we're back to playing less often we hopefully won't have to rely on a back-up player as much. At the very least I'd say right-back has become a bigger priority with Johnson out of form and nobody really looking capable of covering for him.