Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923910 times)

Online marios_moustache

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #9280 on: April 28, 2017, 09:57:29 pm »
Nice to see a content Rafa being interviewed.

He actually looked like he was happy!

Certain managers connect or don't connect with clubs/cities and I think Rafa connects with Newcastle

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9281 on: April 28, 2017, 10:02:22 pm »

Certain managers connect or don't connect with clubs/cities and I think Rafa connects with Newcastle

True he certainly does, and its good to see the Geordies take to him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9282 on: April 28, 2017, 10:22:20 pm »

He's absolutely brilliant and is becoming my favourite manager ever and that's about as high praise as I can give him.  Keegan and Bobby knew the club so it was easy for them to get the club.  Rafa has no right to be in this position, by that I mean he's the full package.  I can't put into words how I feel about him, he's the real deal and we're only going to have better times with him if we can convince him that we can and will match his ambitions.  He's a born winner and an absolutely top man and much better than I expected.  I knew his CV was as good as you can get but I didn't really know about him other than the honours he'd guided teams to, he's massively exceeded my expectations.

Our last home game should be a brilliant atmosphere as I'm sure we'll let Rafa know what we think about him in an attempt to ensure he stays.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9283 on: April 28, 2017, 10:30:55 pm »
He's absolutely brilliant and is becoming my favourite manager ever and that's about as high praise as I can give him.  Keegan and Bobby knew the club so it was easy for them to get the club.  Rafa has no right to be in this position, by that I mean he's the full package.  I can't put into words how I feel about him, he's the real deal and we're only going to have better times with him if we can convince him that we can and will match his ambitions.  He's a born winner and an absolutely top man and much better than I expected.  I knew his CV was as good as you can get but I didn't really know about him other than the honours he'd guided teams to, he's massively exceeded my expectations.

Our last home game should be a brilliant atmosphere as I'm sure we'll let Rafa know what we think about him in an attempt to ensure he stays.

what are you like at woodwork Mick?......im sure you could knock one of these up before the final home game  8)

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9284 on: April 28, 2017, 11:08:39 pm »

As long as Ashley gives him decent support (nothing excessive), Rafa will get you to a very decent level. Probably not close to the top 4, but definitely competing for the Europa League places.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9285 on: April 28, 2017, 11:14:57 pm »

what are you like at woodwork Mick?......im sure you could knock one of these up before the final home game  8)

The Rafatolla!  :D Think that was outside Cardiff at the League Cup final in 05?

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9286 on: April 28, 2017, 11:18:15 pm »
As long as Ashley gives him decent support (nothing excessive), Rafa will get you to a very decent level. Probably not close to the top 4, but definitely competing for the Europa League places.

I don't think any manager on the planet could get us close to to 4 without other teams failing like they did when we finished 5th under the biggest fraud in football.  If I had the choice of any manager in football I'd chose Rafa at the minute, he's perfect for us.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9288 on: April 29, 2017, 04:44:35 am »
Unlucky Griphook you bitter arl c*nt

I'm still fucking laughing at this
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9289 on: April 29, 2017, 09:04:49 am »
He's such a warm man.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/rafas-review-cardiff-a-reaction-16-17

Need to register to see that mate. Any chance you can put that clip up on here?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9290 on: April 29, 2017, 09:49:12 am »
Hearing Perez has been consistently useful the past two games, which is a nice development for them and potentially his long term future. Neither Mitro nor Perez look like the answer for next season, but the club could keep one of them to develop. If they were both on Jamie Sterry wages it's a no brainer, keep both; as it is it's only sensible to make better use of their high wages. Moving both on would be completely ruthless.

I'm sure Rafa's aware more than anyone of Marcos Llorente, he gave him his Real debut iirc, but this kid is the most obvious of signings for them next season. He's currently out on loan, has stated he loves Madrid but won't sit on the bench permanently, even with them. He's ripe for a move. He has Modric, Kroos, Casemiro in front of him at Madrid, maybe even Verrati next season. Newcastle can offer the challenge, wages, Spanish manager and set-up that suits him perfectly. He's going to the top as long as he avoids major injuries.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9291 on: April 29, 2017, 11:34:54 am »
Need to register to see that mate. Any chance you can put that clip up on here?

I don't know how to rip it, maybe somebody could register with a throw away e-mail account and give the password out on here.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9292 on: April 29, 2017, 11:49:26 am »
The Rafatolla!  :D Think that was outside Cardiff at the League Cup final in 05?

we were sitting in an alehouse right by the ground and it went past the window....place was in fuckin uproar  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #9293 on: April 29, 2017, 12:04:01 pm »

Great video that shows how much Rafa means to the supporters and the players. Looks healthier than I've seen him in years too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vcX3xEQq8k

This interview with Craig Bellamy post-match vs Cardiff is really funny. He tell's the story of hearing a 2 hour debate on Newcastle radio on why Ronaldinho should have chosen Newcastle rather than Barca back when he transferred from PSG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcS1A7AJjo8

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 01:26:43 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #9294 on: April 29, 2017, 12:18:42 pm »
With respect to Newcastle fans on this thread, I really hope he leaves Newcastle.
 Arsenal, Southampton, even West Ham, are better long term bets for him. It's always going to be a short -term gig with Ashley in charge, and Rafa's success only serves to cement Ashley's hold on the club whilst adding to his coffers. He's never going to fully reinvest, I predict a massive two-and-fro argument played out in the media between the two of them some time in July.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9295 on: April 29, 2017, 12:33:38 pm »
Great video that shows how much Rafa means to the supporters and the players. Looks healthier than I've seen him in years too:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcS1A7AJjo8

This interview with Craig Bellamy post-match vs Cardiff is really funny. He tell's the story of hearing a 2 hour debate on Newcastle radio on why Ronaldinho should have chosen Newcastle rather than Barca back when he transferred from PSG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcS1A7AJjo8

Both the same youtube clip them mate.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9296 on: April 29, 2017, 12:37:58 pm »
With respect to Newcastle fans on this thread, I really hope he leaves Newcastle.
 Arsenal, Southampton, even West Ham, are better long term bets for him. It's always going to be a short -term gig with Ashley in charge, and Rafa's success only serves to cement Ashley's hold on the club whilst adding to his coffers. He's never going to fully reinvest, I predict a massive two-and-fro argument played out in the media between the two of them some time in July.

I think he's at the perfect club for himself. It's just a shame about their owner.

He's not going to get offered the job at Arsenal. I doubt he'll be getting any offer from Southampton either. It is a possibility if Puel leaves though. And West Ham's owners are just as dodgy as Mike Ashley and his cronies. I don't think he'd receive the love and adoration he's been getting at Newcastle with those three fan bases either.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9297 on: April 29, 2017, 12:39:25 pm »

4 minute highlights of the Cardiff vs Newcastle game last night - https://highlightsfootball.com/video/cardiff-city-vs-newcastle-united-highlights/

Rafa post-match interview (2 mins) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXdGZ81YzU

:)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:12:03 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #9298 on: April 29, 2017, 01:27:48 pm »
Both the same youtube clip them mate.

Corrected the original post with the proper link. Thanks.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9299 on: April 29, 2017, 01:35:41 pm »
Corrected the original post with the proper link. Thanks.

Nice one mate.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9300 on: April 29, 2017, 01:38:47 pm »
That Atsu freekick was brilliant. Feels abit like seeing your ex with someone else, Rafa at Newcastle.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9301 on: April 29, 2017, 03:10:34 pm »
I think he's at the perfect club for himself. It's just a shame about their owner.

He's not going to get offered the job at Arsenal. I doubt he'll be getting any offer from Southampton either. It is a possibility if Puel leaves though. And West Ham's owners are just as dodgy as Mike Ashley and his cronies. I don't think he'd receive the love and adoration he's been getting at Newcastle with those three fan bases either.

Rafa at Southampton is a very worrying thought.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9302 on: April 29, 2017, 03:11:21 pm »
Rafa at Southampton is a very worrying thought.

It's not really when you've got Klopp at Liverpool.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9303 on: April 29, 2017, 03:13:35 pm »

It's not really when you've got Klopp at Liverpool.

Rafa at Southampton with us topping up their transfer funds every year doesn't make them a top four threat?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9304 on: April 29, 2017, 03:13:59 pm »
According to David Conn, the HMRC investigations have to do with the transfers for Ba, Cisse, Marveaux and Sissoko, as well as payments to agents.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9305 on: April 29, 2017, 05:18:59 pm »
I'll tell you what, if those running Newcastle can't take a long look at the Championship table, see the likes of Blackburn, Notts Forest and Birmingham fighting to stay in the league ... and then realise what they have in Rafa and back him to the hilt ... well then they deserve the same fate as those clubs and to be a yo yo club.

They need to wake up, smell the fucking coffee, and back Rafa.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9306 on: April 29, 2017, 06:37:42 pm »
Brighton currently losing, if they don't win here then they're heading into the final week needing to win at Villa.

Title very much on for Newcastle
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9307 on: April 29, 2017, 07:02:54 pm »
LOL Newcastle are bloody nuts to even risk him going elsewhere.

Question shouldn't be where would Raffa go, but who on earth would Newcastle get ?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9308 on: April 29, 2017, 07:16:27 pm »
LOL Newcastle are bloody nuts to even risk him going elsewhere.

Question shouldn't be where would Raffa go, but who on earth would Newcastle get ?

The question isn't if they'd risk letting him go, but why he'd even consider going anywhere else?

No top club would touch him and he's got a great thing going at Newcastle. With a few additions I reckon he can guide them to safety and really build something there. He's a great cup manager as well and would give them their biggest chance of winning something in a while and really write his name in the club's history.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9309 on: April 29, 2017, 07:22:58 pm »
The title is most definitely back in play now. Brighton are away at Villa on the final day and Newcastle are at home to Barnsley.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9310 on: April 29, 2017, 08:19:45 pm »
I wonder if the people who criticised Rafa because they thought Brighton would win the championship are going to end up looking daft next week? We'll win against Barnsley, I'm not sure Brighton have another win in them this season as they were poor today against a good Bristol City team.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9311 on: April 29, 2017, 08:31:23 pm »

;D ...how's that charm school working out?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9312 on: April 29, 2017, 08:57:24 pm »
The question isn't if they'd risk letting him go, but why he'd even consider going anywhere else?

No top club would touch him

What's that based on out of interest, your own views of the man or something more?

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9313 on: April 29, 2017, 09:03:33 pm »
Rafa at Southampton with us topping up their transfer funds every year doesn't make them a top four threat?

How can anybody even answer that? We don't know what's going to happen in the next four games. Never mind a hypothetical scenario where Rafa is the manager of Southampton and we keep topping him up with money.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9314 on: April 29, 2017, 09:36:23 pm »

How can anybody even answer that? We don't know what's going to happen in the next four games. Never mind a hypothetical scenario where Rafa is the manager of Southampton and we keep topping him up with money.

You're right, let's never imagine anything, ever again.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9315 on: April 29, 2017, 09:41:52 pm »
You're right, let's never imagine anything, ever again.

That's not what they said at all. Rafa will almost certainly be at Newcastle next season and if he isn't, he was pushed because he wouldn't jump.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9316 on: April 29, 2017, 09:56:11 pm »

It doesn't, no.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9317 on: April 29, 2017, 10:54:14 pm »
That's not what they said at all. Rafa will almost certainly be at Newcastle next season and if he isn't, he was pushed because he wouldn't jump.

It's purely a thought exercise. Southampton are a very well run club. Rafa is a very good manager. Rafa going to Southampton because Newcastle did Newcastle things is an interesting thought. He's very capable of taking a good team up a level, which means challenging for the top four.

The line about us funding his purchases was obviously a joke.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9318 on: April 29, 2017, 11:08:12 pm »
It's purely a thought exercise. Southampton are a very well run club. Rafa is a very good manager. Rafa going to Southampton because Newcastle did Newcastle things is an interesting thought. He's very capable of taking a good team up a level, which means challenging for the top four.

The line about us funding his purchases was obviously a joke.

Perhaps, but I don't think that would be anywhere near guaranteed. You've not taken into account the other 6 teams that are already way ahead of Southampton. 5 of them have top managers. All of them have the resources to keep Southampton at a distance as well. I think it would be very difficult for them to break into the top four, even with Rafa in charge. An awful lot would have to fall into place for them for that to happen.

Anyway, he's not at Southampton. He's at Newcastle and hopefully for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:10:08 pm by Lycan »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9319 on: April 29, 2017, 11:11:26 pm »
Perhaps, but I don't think that would be anywhere near guaranteed. You've not taken into account the other 6 teams that are already way ahead of Southampton. 5 of them have top managers. All of them have the resources to keep Southampton at a distance as well. I think it would be very difficult for them to break into the top four, even with Rafa in charge. An awful lot would have to fall into place for them for that to happen.

Anyway, he's not at Southampton. He's at Newcastle and hopefully for the foreseeable future.

"Challenging" would be the operative word. Beat the dreck, hold your own against the big clubs and anything is possible.

But yes he's at Newcastle. I hope he keeps them up, but I'm more interested in seeing Rafa at a club that can challenge personally.

Hey Claus, fuck off.