Author Topic: The Hyundai A-League Thread  (Read 84275 times)

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Hyundai A-League Thread
« Reply #1040 on: May 8, 2015, 03:34:40 pm »
We're into the grand final! Absolutely destroyed City.

50,000 at the Derby (a sell out) and only 52,000 (half full) at the MCG down the road for the AFL between two giant teams in Collingwood and Geelong. Soccer is getting bigger in this country. Can't wait for the day Melbourne Derby's are held at the MCG in front of 80,000. Give it 10-15 years and I think it will happen.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: May 10, 2015, 12:26:55 am »
Semi Finals:

Friday, 8 May 2015
Melbourne Victory 3 v Melbourne City 0

Saturday,9 May 2015
Sydney FC 4 v Adelaide United 1

Final:

Sunday, 17 May 2015

Melbourne Victory
v Sydney FC
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1042 on: May 10, 2015, 05:47:05 am »
Awful Semi-finals both were decided before HT.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: May 10, 2015, 09:55:36 am »
The grand final will be a cracker. Easily the two best teams in the competition.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline furns

• Main Stander
  • It all started with Craig Johnston
    • Liverpool Supporters Club NSW
« Reply #1044 on: May 17, 2015, 07:25:49 am »
Grand final on now in case people were unaware
Any Liverpool supporters in NSW, Australia please contact us club@lfcnsw.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw
Twitter: @LFCNSW

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: June 23, 2015, 11:30:22 am »
FFA have announced full-time professional referees starting next season. Well and truly overdue. Rumoured to be $90k per season.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/ffa-to-appoint-professional-hyundai-a-league-referees/mat0rd6fxi8a1511y1krwu2u2
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: June 23, 2015, 05:51:16 pm »
About time but still won't change the standard of shit refereeing.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: October 10, 2015, 02:31:37 am »
Season 2015-16 up and running.

Western Sydney 1 Brisbane 3
Adelaide 0 Melbourne Victory 0

Looking forward to tonight's Sydney v Mebourne City game.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: April 30, 2016, 10:22:30 am »
Final:

Sunday, 1 May 2016

Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: April 30, 2016, 03:22:21 pm »
I hope WSW get killed.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: May 1, 2016, 03:35:54 am »
I hope WSW all wear shirts ;)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: October 8, 2016, 01:48:31 am »
Season 2016-17

Opening game last night.
Brisbane 1 Melbourne Victory 1
(Brisbane's Luke DeVere scores equaliser in injury time)

Sydney derby on tonight.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: April 17, 2017, 10:49:06 am »
A-LEAGUE FINALS: WEEK ONE

Friday, April 21 - Brisbane (3rd) v Western Sydney (6th) at Suncorp Stadium - 7:50pm (AEST)

Sunday, April 23 - Melbourne City (4th) v Perth (5th) at AAMI Park - 7:00pm (AEST)

A-LEAGUE FINALS: WEEK TWO

Sydney FC (1st) v lowest-ranked qualifier, details TBC

Melbourne Victory (2nd) v highest-placed qualifier, details TBC

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: April 20, 2017, 01:19:18 pm »
Sad to see the state of the A-League these days. Barely any marquee signing these days, crowds are falling, FFA are killing off active support (and making crowds more like AFL) and the coverage in the newspapers and on TV is basically non-existant just as we're going into a finals series. The FFA have really screwed up a good thing, it was really on the rise a few years ago but it's stagnating badly at the moment and they only seem to care about the derbies. Needs a change at the top.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: April 26, 2017, 01:40:18 pm »
A-LEAGUE FINALS: WEEK TWO

Sydney FC  v Perth Glory (Sat. 29/4/17)

Melbourne Victory  v Brisbane Roar (Sunday. 30/4/2017)

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2017, 11:59:22 am »
Sydney 3-0 Perth at HT. Two goals went to VAR (video review), both awarded. I don't think more than a minute, in total, was wasted on both reviews and the decisions mean that Sydney correctly lead by three and not one.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: May 1, 2017, 03:52:42 am »
Grand Final:

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: May 7, 2017, 12:00:42 pm »
Grand Final:

Sydney FC       Melbourne Victory

1 - 1
                    4 - 2 on penalties

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: May 7, 2017, 12:05:21 pm »
About as good of an A-League game you could get this season but fuck me what a shambles those attacks are at times. I don't think I've seen such shit passing from Victory in a game and Rojas, does that lad know what offside means/is?!

Think it was embarrassing how the commentators used the '55 fouls' stat as some badge of honour too.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1061 on: August 1, 2017, 02:24:07 pm »

Part-time state side Heidelberg United defeat A-League finalists Perth Glory in the Cup - https://streamable.com/hi5gu (nice goal too)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/heidelberg-united-beat-perth-glory-in-ffa-cup-clash/news-story/9ae51ea27c361701f874e13e17175189
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: August 4, 2017, 10:34:17 am »
Part-time state side Heidelberg United defeat A-League finalists Perth Glory in the Cup - https://streamable.com/hi5gu (nice goal too)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/heidelberg-united-beat-perth-glory-in-ffa-cup-clash/news-story/9ae51ea27c361701f874e13e17175189

More upsets in the FFA Cup.

Blacktown City 3
Central Coast Mariners 2

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: October 5, 2017, 07:29:16 am »
« Last Edit: October 5, 2017, 07:33:38 am by RedmeisterOZ »

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #1064 on: November 17, 2017, 11:08:04 pm »
Got tickets yesterday to go to my first A league game

On Friday 1st December going to Adelaide United v Sydney

Got 4 nights in Adelaide & Worked out perfectly going to this then the Ashes Test next 3 days
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1065 on: October 2, 2022, 04:01:56 pm »

'Football Australia under pressure to issue lifetime bans for Sydney fans who made Nazi salute':-

Sydney United 58 supports ejected during Australia Cup final with video now being reviewed to uncover others who displayed ‘vile symbols and salutes’

www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/02/football-australia-under-pressure-to-issue-lifetime-bans-for-sydney-fans-who-made-nazi-salute

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1066 on: November 17, 2023, 01:06:36 pm »
Palestine vs Australia : World Cup Qualifier : on 21st November (Asia section) - will now be played in Kuwait.

www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/nov/08/footballers-safety-prioritised-as-socceroos-v-palestine-match-moved-to-kuwait

'Socceroos to donate to humanitarian efforts in Gaza ahead of World Cup qualifier against Palestine':-

Football Australia will match the players donation to Oxfam
Game was moved from the West Bank due to Israel-Hamas war genocide of Palestinian people

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/17/socceroos-vs-palestine-world-cup-qualifier-kuwait

a snippet...

'The Socceroos will donate to humanitarian efforts in Gaza as they prepare to depart Australia for their World Cup qualifier against Palestine in Kuwait on Tuesday.

Australia started their journey towards the 2026 tournament with a 7-0 victory over Bangladesh in Melbourne on Thursday night.

The team will fly out to Kuwait on Saturday, after their qualifier against Palestine was only last week moved to a new venue due to safety concerns with the ongoing conflict in the region. The fixture was originally scheduled to be played in Ramallah in the West Bank.

The last time Palestine played at home was against Saudi Arabia in 2019.

The pledge was confirmed by the Guardian on Friday and includes a matched donation from Football Australia. It will be provided to Oxfam through the PFA Footballers’ Trust. The five-figure sum will come out of the players’ match fees.'

www.flashscore.co.uk/football/asia/world-championship/fixtures : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2026_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(AFC) : https://twitter.com/Socceroos

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1067 on: November 21, 2023, 02:16:23 pm »
Palestine v Australia | AFC 2026 World Cup Qualifier | 2pm kick off | free and live on youtube - from the official Football Australia channel...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dOWH1C-OsDQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dOWH1C-OsDQ</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/dOWH1C-OsDQ

This match was originally scheduled to be played in Ramallah in the West Bank - obviously it has now been moved away - and is now being played in Kuwait, in the Jaber Al-Ahmad International Stadium. Palestine will be without several key players - who have remained in Gaza with their families. Australia should be at near full-strength.

www.pfa.ps & www.facebook.com/PalestineFootballAssociation & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine_national_football_team

www.socceroos.com.au & https://twitter.com/Socceroos & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_men%27s_national_soccer_team

Live match blog from the Grauniad:

www.theguardian.com/football/live/2023/nov/21/australia-socceroos-vs-palestine-live-updates-world-cup-qualifier-scores-results-kick-off-al-ahmad-international-stadium-kuwait

Palestine 0 - [1] Australia; Harry Souttar goal on 18 mins - https://twitter.com/Christian126829/status/1726971585117212705

0-1; full-time. Palestine a little unlucky not to take anything from the match - both sides a little blunt in front of goal - and a massive save by the Oz gk on 45'

Palestine 0 - 1 Australia; 2 minute 'key moments' / highlights - from Football Australia:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7gugNdhoohI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7gugNdhoohI</a>

^ or click here to watch: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gugNdhoohI

« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 04:27:21 pm by oojason »