Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
I will be too mate eventually but can’t hide my disappointment right now. If you told me in December Klopp was going and some guy called Slot was taking over I’d have laughed my head off.

No one thought Jurgen would be leaving in December. No one same wants him to leave, even now. But he’s going.

There almost certainly will be some kind of drop off, he’s a one off. I don’t know if Slot is the right guy, I’m honest enough to admit I don’t know enough about him, or frankly most of the names that were linked Toni’s. I don’t see how anyone can be so sure he’s going to be shite either.
I honestly think you’ll be in for a shock if you don’t get what a fall off we will have after Klopp. All you need to do is look at anyone from Wini to Mane to Countinho to see how Klopp elevates players to levels above their previous. We just have to hope this Slot gamble of epic proportions will pay off.

There's going to be a drop-off after Klopp whoever we hire, I fear. He's the best manager in the world. You couldn't replace Messi either, but that doesn't mean that over time you can't build a team of lesser players that can win a comparable number of games.

Slot may be a gamble, but I don't see how he's more of an epic gamble than anyone else gettable.

You can raise very valid concerns about literally every manager who might be an option. I would much rather gamble on a manager like Slot, Amorim or Motta who could easily be either a 4/10 or a 9/10, than go for more recognisable names who either have a personality that is the antithesis of Klopp, or are much more likely to just be a solid 7/10.

I genuinely don't know what people are expecting the club to do:
Think it's safe to say Arne Slot is nobody's "personal favourite" ;D

He's turning into mine in response to the utter level of dickishness in this thread.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by BarryCrocker on Today at 10:54:20 pm »
Theirs to lose now. Would be another Liverpool miracle for us to end up a champions with the form that they and Man City are showing.

He's six feet under mate. She was his apprentice for while, hence taking over the business.
She gave an interview saying on the actual day he died (lung cancer) within hours, all his agency's players got calls from other agents.
I'd love to know from the fellas who are taking the piss out of data and analytics driven teams such as us think which top tier club in 2024 isn;t data driven and hasn't got a Sporting Director?  ;D
This is underwhelming to say the least. The club has known since november that Klopp is leaving and we end up with a manager unproven in a big league?  Sorry but he has way less CV than Benitez or Klopp  had when they arrived. Slot is a massive massive risk. We may hit the jackpot with him (pun intended) but we should be doing better.

The other problem with somebody with no record is that we cant afford to give him a second season if he finishes 5th or something. Its different when Rodgers took over. We were midtable back then so he had leeway. The new manager is taking over a title contending team, he has to be plug and play.
There's a spectrum between panic and being calm though. Concern, apprehension, etc. Not sure how you can say you're fine and dandy with this rather strange appointment unless you're one of those "trust in FSG/Edwards as they brought in Klopp" types.

I'm not a type of anything I have a mind of my own thanks, therefore I don't need to be in any group to have an opinion of my own. I am certainly not in the nerd's group either but I am guessing they had more information than any of us did. So I will give him a chance.
Remind me, what have Arsenal won for all this money they've spent?

Without Klopp, I see us at a similar place as before, when the same data driven policies were a priority. I hope to see myself wrong, and that this policy will work with the next manager. We’ll see, but it for sure didn’t work before we got Klopp. Klopp made miracles in Dortmund as well on a low budget. The problem I see is that we shouldn’t behave like outsiders. It reduces the whole aura, attraction and prestige of the club to act like that.
I will be too mate eventually but can’t hide my disappointment right now. If you told me in December Klopp was going and some guy called Slot was taking over I’d have laughed my head off.
Anyone who isn't is lying to themselves, plain and simple
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10