Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by Koplord on Today at 01:04:29 pm »
That will wank themselves silly on this narrative of costing us the league for years and it’s just not true.

Had we been in top form and gone there top and lost putting title out of our hands then I would be absolutely raging but given what’s happened last few weeks this is just merely some points dropped in a run that we would have dropped more points. United away is where we fucked ourselves, palace was the final realisation.

You don’t get yourself into this kind of form in both boxes and honestly think you can go win 6 on the bounce.
Watch city lose tonight just to sucker us into believing there may still be hope

There is still hope. What is the point in throwing in the towel now? There is every chance we might be only 1 point behind Arsenal On Sunday.

I'm still tipping us to win the league.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Nin on Today at 01:04:08 pm »
😂

He literally reinvented the position.

Not taking away how good he is on the ball and past seasons he was obviously brilliant and world class in that system. But the defensive side of the game has been a debate for a few seasons now. I would consider playing him much further up the pitch, are we actually getting the best out of him at RB anymore? Seems a real waste to me when we have the likes of Szoboslai contributing next to nothing.
scumbags ;D

RAWK has always had people disagreeing about how good certain players are. I don't know where this idea has come from that this place has only ever been cheerleading for the players. We've just lost any chance of winning the league due to two poor results against our two biggest rivals and a home defeat to crystal palace. Everyone is pissed off and venting, as you would expect. Go in any pub pre or post match and there will be the same debates- so and so is shite, get rid. It's been a part of what football fans have done forever. I don't think there's any reason for anyone in here to take it to heart quite so much.
[/quote

Quite right, the lack of self awareness from fallout shelter dwellers is staggering.
Us Nicks have got to stick together.

This is how I feel.

Media and Arts / Re: Shogun (TV Mini Series 2024)
« Last post by Pistolero on Today at 01:03:20 pm »
Didn't read this thread till I finished the series...and haven't read the books either...so was somewhat surprised at the reaction to Blackthorn?....thought he was great personally...an effective oafish, impulsive and reckless counterpart to the ritualistic, ceremonial and deeply held stoic values of the Japanese culture he landed in.....a key character and excellently portrayed by Cosmo Jarvis...thoroughly enjoyed his very apparent influences - Oliver Reed, Hopkins, Richard Harris et al - a suitably old fashioned performance in what was a pleasingly old fashioned, epic TV series ....
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by BCCC on Today at 01:02:37 pm »
Hopefully back to line up we went with a Fulham which based on current performances is first choice. Will need to replace Jota but lets face it what should be first choice on paper isn't playing that way.
Mbappe has to be displacing someone surely

Doubt it. They're light on forwards. Will usually be a front three of Vini, Mbappe and Rodrygo with Jude in behind. Probably keep Diaz and Joselu as back-up options, with Jude able to move back into his false nine-ish role if they want to bring in an extra midfielder in tougher games.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)
« Last post by plura on Today at 01:02:11 pm »
There's no doubt he's the best out of the front 3 right now but a goal every 4 league games and an assist every 8 is just too little as an output for a starting wide forward in a team that wants to win the title.

His goalscoring has improved this season to before, a goal every 255 minute, previous season 271 and the first 326. But then again his assists have dropped a lot this season, an assist every 828 minut, where the previous that was 451 and the one before 326 minute.
Yeah I don't think he'll ever be a goal and assist every other game here. But he can definitely be a goal/assist every other game if not more here, with forwards with improved finishing next to him. His last season in Portugal he had a goal/assist every 104 minute. The one before goal/assist 144 minute, the one before that every 148th.
:D this is exactly the thread I needed.

Don’t get many heart throb’s called Glenn these days do you? Absolute banger.

On a semi serious note. I’ve just had a proper melancholy feeling about football since that United league game. You want something so much, and then slowly realise it’s probably not going to happen. And I’m not angry with anyone, just find the whole situation of how we (as a club) look lost and confused really sad. Closest comparison I think is probably the aftermath of Kenny’s resignation but I was only a kid then and not really able to comprehend it all.

Sorry to get a bit heavy. I’ll shut up and patiently await my hug. Thanks Keith!

Us Nicks have got to stick together.

This is how I feel.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10