Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 340473 times)

Offline binge

• Kopite
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1520 on: October 3, 2014, 09:47:50 pm »
Not read any of the thread, so sorry if ive missed somthing obvious, but has liverpool town got ant night club like the 051, buzz, cream or state?

Only tend to go into pubs/bars when I ever go to town

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #1521 on: October 4, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »
Popped into the yard bird last night for one with my mates. Really good cocktails and not too pricey, was just us in there when we got there but can imagine it being busy early evening time.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #1522 on: October 5, 2014, 12:09:02 am »
Not read any of the thread, so sorry if ive missed somthing obvious, but has liverpool town got ant night club like the 051, buzz, cream or state?

Only tend to go into pubs/bars when I ever go to town
Cream's having a big event at Nation next weekend you might be interested in - http://www.ticketline.co.uk/cream-birthday#tour

Offline Headclub

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1523 on: October 16, 2014, 11:19:45 am »
Im heading up from Jersey for the Swansea game 28th

Any where good to go for a night out after? As this will be a Tuesday night!

Cheers

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #1524 on: October 17, 2014, 08:28:42 am »
We're coming to town for the Chelsea game, 4 of us watching the game, but 7 of us going out at night, mix of guys and girls, 20 - 30 years old and looking for a lively night out preferably with some live music.
Last 2 times, we just went to Mathew Street (Cavern Pub), last time we did the Cavern Pub and then a bar 3 or 4 doors next to it, which was nice but I can't remember the name, when it closed it opened up to another bar (which was shite).

We're staying at the Hoax Hostel.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: October 17, 2014, 12:57:32 pm »
We're staying at the Hoax Hostel.

Sounds like a fake gaff to me mate.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #1526 on: October 17, 2014, 01:10:39 pm »
Sounds like a fake gaff to me mate.

:D
Been there once already and was sound.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #1527 on: October 23, 2014, 09:32:36 pm »
I'm coming up to Liverpool on Saturday with the wife and another couple to celebrate birthdays this coming weekend. Does anybody have a good pub in the Centre to watch a  steam of the match? We really enjoyed The Smugglers Cove last Christmas and I was wondering if there are any other / new pubs or bars that should be considered. Any ideas would be great fully received.

Offline ElectroFunkLad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1528 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:26 pm »
Camp and Furnace has a massive screen and is a only a few quid in a cab from the city centre. Pub wise, there are loads which will show the match in town to be honest. We should have a list on here for the 3 o'clocks, unless there already is one and I'm being blind.

http://www.campandfurnace.com/events/liv-v-hul/

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1529 on: October 23, 2014, 11:47:29 pm »
Went in Reminiss last night. £2 a drink not the greatest bar ever.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #1530 on: November 11, 2014, 11:05:53 pm »
Was in Brewdog tonight for the sneak preview, it's opening properly tomorrow. Absolutely stunning place, massive as well. Got 30 beers on draught, 20 Brewdog ones and 10 guest, magic!

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #1531 on: November 12, 2014, 12:24:27 am »
Went in Reminiss last night. £2 a drink not the greatest bar ever.

on matthew street/temple court?

horrible atmosphere in that place on a Sunday night

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1532 on: November 12, 2014, 06:30:31 am »
Was in Brewdog tonight for the sneak preview, it's opening properly tomorrow. Absolutely stunning place, massive as well. Got 30 beers on draught, 20 Brewdog ones and 10 guest, magic!

Magic?

Magic it would be if they hadn't fucked of cask ale, but still charge very high charges for what is keg beer. Next we'll have John Smith's charging 4 quid a pint...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:50 am »
Magic?

Magic it would be if they hadn't fucked of cask ale, but still charge very high charges for what is keg beer. Next we'll have John Smith's charging 4 quid a pint...

Each to their own I guess, I love cask ale but there are plenty of places in town that sell decent cask beers. I love the beers Brewdog makes and I'm looking forward to going.

I think comparing Brewdog to John Smith's is a bit much...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:48:35 am by gregor »

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:22 am »
Magic?

how can they have "fucked off" the cask ale when they never brewed it in the first place?

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: November 12, 2014, 01:39:39 pm »
Magic?

Miserable get

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #1536 on: November 12, 2014, 03:10:47 pm »
how can they have "fucked off" the cask ale when they never brewed it in the first place?

They did initially make cask beers, never in massive amounts I think, but the first ever brewdog beer I had was a cask beer at a beer festival.

I know the cask vs keg argument is one which is never going to die, but they definitely both have their place. I've had great (and terrible) tasting beer from casks and kegs all over the city and as it has been said there's no shortage of pubs selling great cask beer. Personally I feel kegs are important as they allow beer to be kept and transported much larger distances, meaning I can drink a much larger range of good beer.

As for Brewdog, I can understand if they rub some people up the wrong way but they really do care about making and serving good beer. Also they're already quite involved in working with a number of local brewers, which can only be a good thing.

Anyway, less than 3 hours to go, I'll see you in there tonight!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1537 on: November 12, 2014, 06:59:13 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/future-kazimier-nation-under-threat-8098003

The site of the world's first superclub Cream is set to be bulldozed to make way for more city centre flats.

The proposals for Wolstenholme Square will also mean that end could be nigh for two of Liverpool’s leading independent nightclubs - The Kazimier and Nation.

grim...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: November 12, 2014, 07:07:53 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/future-kazimier-nation-under-threat-8098003

The site of the world's first superclub Cream is set to be bulldozed to make way for more city centre flats.

The proposals for Wolstenholme Square will also mean that end could be nigh for two of Liverpool’s leading independent nightclubs - The Kazimier and Nation.

grim...

Was reading that earlier, grim is right. Awful news for the town centre if that happens.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1539 on: November 12, 2014, 07:19:14 pm »
Went to Liverpool this weekend. Loved it. So many great places. The Pilgrim, Peter Kavanagh`s etc. Wish I could have excess to it every weekend.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: November 12, 2014, 08:19:12 pm »
They did initially make cask beers, never in massive amounts I think, but the first ever brewdog beer I had was a cask beer at a beer festival.

I know the cask vs keg argument is one which is never going to die, but they definitely both have their place. I've had great (and terrible) tasting beer from casks and kegs all over the city and as it has been said there's no shortage of pubs selling great cask beer. Personally I feel kegs are important as they allow beer to be kept and transported much larger distances, meaning I can drink a much larger range of good beer.

As for Brewdog, I can understand if they rub some people up the wrong way but they really do care about making and serving good beer. Also they're already quite involved in working with a number of local brewers, which can only be a good thing.

Anyway, less than 3 hours to go, I'll see you in there tonight!

Didnt know they used to do cask, always thought they were keg/craft types, fair enough :)

I do enjoy their stuff though, particularly the 5am Saint! Looking forward to trying the place out; been to the one in Edinburgh which was hugely enjoyable

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:04 pm »

Someone confirmed before i did, but they did a bloody lovely pint of Trashy Blonde, so yep they did 'fuck it off' probably cos they can make more money selling it as keg, the fact that the prices keg/craft places charge that real ale places don't.

To be fair, i'd prefer a pub to have craft than not, unless they sell or are going to sell real ale.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: November 13, 2014, 01:12:15 am »
Someone confirmed before i did, but they did a bloody lovely pint of Trashy Blonde, so yep they did 'fuck it off' probably cos they can make more money selling it as keg, the fact that the prices keg/craft places charge that real ale places don't.

To be fair, i'd prefer a pub to have craft than not, unless they sell or are going to sell real ale.
)
fair enough chief, like I say I wasn't aware they started out with cask. you live and learn I guess :)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1543 on: November 13, 2014, 07:49:58 am »

grim...

Was reading that earlier, grim is right. Awful news for the town centre if that happens.

There's a petition here
https://www.change.org/p/liverpool-city-council-don-t-bulldoze-wolstenholme-square-save-the-kazimier-nation

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #1544 on: November 14, 2014, 12:22:07 pm »
Thats actually shocked me that has... What is it with the councils and liverpool heritage?
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: November 19, 2014, 12:16:52 am »

I tried it at beer festivals and to be honest, I think they do keg better than they did cask.
Personally I think their beers taste better very cold so more suited to keg.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: November 19, 2014, 10:00:11 am »

Ooo must head there soon!

How much a pint approx? Cheers

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1547 on: November 19, 2014, 10:58:09 am »
mate was in there last week, said it was booming and took an age to get served, advised me to swerve it for a while untill it gets a bit quiter
Sir, the cash monies?

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1548 on: November 19, 2014, 09:54:52 pm »
I tried it at beer festivals and to be honest, I think they do keg better than they did cask.
Personally I think their beers taste better very cold so more suited to keg.

Cask
Bottle
Keg

In that order on what i've tried. Been in a couple of their places. One in Aberdeen and the one in East city part of London.

One brewery i do like though i've never had their cask yet just bottles from Tebay Services is Hardknott. Bloody lovely.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #1549 on: November 19, 2014, 10:05:18 pm »
One brewery i do like though i've never had their cask yet just bottles from Tebay Services is Hardknott. Bloody lovely.

Had some excellent stuff from them, Ship in a Bottle have "Dark Energy" by them, it's well worth picking up.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: November 19, 2014, 10:08:21 pm »
Had some excellent stuff from them, Ship in a Bottle have "Dark Energy" by them, it's well worth picking up.

Had that at the weekend again. Up in Scotland with work so will probably stop at Tebay again just to pick up some beer as you do ;)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1551 on: November 19, 2014, 11:01:04 pm »
Cask
Bottle
Keg

Sounds like my sort of game.

Beats all that rock, paper, scissors malarkey hands down.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: November 22, 2014, 03:17:53 pm »
Was in the hope and anchor last night for the first time in ages, all the scream/yellow card stuff was gone and the place has been done up very well. Had a decent range of ales as well to compliment it.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1553 on: November 26, 2014, 01:25:47 am »
Best Guinness and live music bar around city center please
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: November 26, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »

I was in town for a weekend a couple of weeks back. Perhaps more accurately I should say I was in the Ship and Mitre for a weekend.

Can't believe it's taken me so long to find it. Absolute mecca for a Belgium beer fan. Great value if you buy 4 bottles or more in any one sale and (though I didn't try any) the food looked good to. Rustic with the look and feel of a proper traditional pub - my kind of place.

I'll be making sure I'm back in town when they have one of their beer festivals on.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1555 on: November 26, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »
Best Guinness and live music bar around city center please

Pogue Mahones, Seel Street for the Guinness - they also have an open mic session, but cant remember which night its on?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1556 on: December 1, 2014, 09:03:08 pm »
Pogue Mahones, Seel Street for the Guinness - they also have an open mic session, but cant remember which night its on?
Yeah they had 2 lads gigging Sunday night , not bad and plenty footy on the screens  which always helps. Guinness was good, well when it wasnt been topped up too quickly . Nice little bar .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: December 7, 2014, 10:32:16 am »
http://www.liverpoolconfidential.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Second-coming-of-Paddy-Byrnes-Everyman-Bistro

Finally it's back and if the state of my head is anything to go by its better than ever! Had a great night in there, didn't eat but the food looked great so I will be in the next few weeks. Overall if you liked the old Bistro you're in for a treat.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1558 on: December 11, 2014, 07:07:58 am »
I was in town for a weekend a couple of weeks back. Perhaps more accurately I should say I was in the Ship and Mitre for a weekend.

Can't believe it's taken me so long to find it. Absolute mecca for a Belgium beer fan. Great value if you buy 4 bottles or more in any one sale and (though I didn't try any) the food looked good to. Rustic with the look and feel of a proper traditional pub - my kind of place.

It's brilliant, can get a little busy at times, but when I've had a bit of spare time before meeting mates, love a cheeky pint or two in there.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1559 on: January 5, 2015, 07:22:29 pm »
Group of us going out in Liverpool in a few months time, aged between 25 and 55.  What's the best area of town to go where we can enjoy some nice bars which aren't full of idiots?