Author Topic: Low's ban  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Low's ban
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:21:33 pm »
I have a couple of questions, both from her and from me about it, if that's ok! :)

Firstly, she'd like to know if she's been banned permanently? I dont know what happens when you ban someone, especially someone who's been a regular on here for some time, but she didnt know how long she was banned for, nor does she know exactly why she's been banned. It's fairly clear to me that the ban is because of what she said about Anne Williams, but as she quite rightly pointed out to me, her last post was a couple of days AFTER that discussion. Her last post was about the new Pope and she claims that she only found out she was banned when she logged in to check and reply to an IM from one of the mods (this was the day after her last post), but couldnt get on. Obviously.

I know I dont know the whole situation and what's gone on between her and whoever on here, but it seems strange to ban someone without an explanation or even telling them how long they are banned for.

I understand that Laura can be a bit controversial at times and she posted some things that the majority of us dont agree with, but she is/was someone who has been involved in some of the most interesting debates we've had on here in ages. I think it's a shame to lose her from here. So I would like to know what it would take from her to cut short her ban, or whatever.

Thanks. :)
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Low's ban
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 11:31:25 pm »
I understand that Laura can be a bit controversial at times and she posted some things that the majority of us dont agree with, but she is/was someone who has been involved in some of the most interesting debates we've had on here in ages. I think it's a shame to lose her

Rhi,

The above may be true, but I could only describe her comments as 'vile' at best.  You have to accept that we must moderate the site with a degree of consistency - and everyone who saw the comments would have been in support of a ban regardless of who posted them.  We can't make exceptions based on how well somebody contributes to the boards, and to be fair I think she has had more warnings than most.

Will make sure the other part about not knowing the length of ban etc is dealt with.

Graeme :-*

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
Re: Low's ban
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 11:37:14 pm »
We'll review the ban list in the close season & consider each on its merits. This is a fair post Rhi, but we're preoccupied with football for now. Remind us of this in late May-July.