Author Topic: Givanildo Vieira de Souza (HULK)  (Read 19261 times)

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Givanildo Vieira de Souza (HULK)
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 10:15:05 am »
Isn't this a sign clubs should scout more in Japan?
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 10:17:02 am »

Signing Llorente went out the window the minute we signed Carroll as well.
Yup,my point as well.
IMO we are looking for wingers,and if a forward will come in,he will be more of the Suarez type than of the Carroll type.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 10:19:21 am »
On paper...

Suarez-----------------Carroll------------------Hulk

Looks quite good.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 10:21:48 am »
Looks cracking.Pretty sure Comolli has given it a thought.
Problem is that we need around 30m if not more.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:27 am »
I was just wondering two things; One where does the nickname Hulk come from?, and Two why does he have Ian on his boots? He dosnt look like an Ian to me.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:11 am »
The fact he looks like Lou Ferrigno.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2011, 11:32:55 am »
he put in some cross with the outside of his boot late in the game last night..
and that reminds me of.....Quaresma.So,it's a no go then! ;D

Seriously,he seems a good player but we're talking about Porto here so they will ask a hell lot of money.If he's owned by a third party then his price will go even higher.
I admit i haven't seen him a lot except a few games in the Europa league this year,but he seems like the kind of player that Porto will be his ceiling.Just a hunch of course.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 11:44:10 am »
I said best left foot, not best left-footed player. Messi's the best player in the world but Hulk has the best left foot. He can nail free kicks/long distance shots with power, curve and accuracy that no one other than maybe Ronaldo can.

That doesnt make sense. Messi has the best left foot in the world, fuck power and curve, do you see anyone stroke the ball into the goal like Messi does? Do you see anyone else make 5 touches on the ball with his left foot within half a second whilst bursting past 2/3 defenders? No. Hulk's left foot is great, but it is nowhere near as good as Messi's
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:35 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_%28footballer%29
After his stay in Japan, Hulk moved to Portugal  and signed for defending champions  F.C. Porto, who bought 50% of the player's rights for €5.5 million, from Uruguayan  side C.A. Rentistas,[2]  with the transfer fee being received by an unnamed investor.

On 3 May 2011 Porto paid €13.5 million to Uruguayan club C.A. Rentistas for another 40 per cent of Hulk's sporting rights, bringing their total stake in the forward to 85 per cent, signing a deal until 2016 and with a buy-out clause of €100 million.

I'd stay well clear of that.

"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011, 06:18:00 pm »
Isn't this a sign clubs should scout more in Japan?

In the 2nd division in Japan 'n' all.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline dustygator

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2011, 06:28:16 pm »
and that reminds me of.....Quaresma.So,it's a no go then! ;D

Seriously,he seems a good player but we're talking about Porto here so they will ask a hell lot of money.If he's owned by a third party then his price will go even higher.
I admit i haven't seen him a lot except a few games in the Europa league this year,but he seems like the kind of player that Porto will be his ceiling.Just a hunch of course.

He does look like a man amongst boys in the Portugese Liga which is lacking in talent outside the top 3 or 4. However, with his skillset and the way he plays, I have no doubt he will be successful in a better league, just not as amazing as he was this year.

That doesnt make sense. Messi has the best left foot in the world, fuck power and curve, do you see anyone stroke the ball into the goal like Messi does? Do you see anyone else make 5 touches on the ball with his left foot within half a second whilst bursting past 2/3 defenders? No. Hulk's left foot is great, but it is nowhere near as good as Messi's

There is more to player than their "foot". Messi is by far the better player but that's not because he has a better left foot. It's because he has amazing balance due to a low center of gravity, very quick acceleration, a good footballing brain, first touch, technique, etc.

Offline LiverpoolPT

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2011, 06:32:14 pm »
Hulk in England? LOL; he's always diving, he would get sent off for simulation every game  ;D

Offline beefdog

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »
Suarez, Carroll, Hulk. What a front three. A man can dream.

Goodness me, that looks so good.  :P

Offline boloyev

• twat
  • Main Stander
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:03 pm »
nobody can sign the big brazilian prospects of Brazil anymore

Now everyone is signing the rejects from Brazil

David Luiz - didn't make it in the youth system of Sao Paulo.. funked off to Portugal and became a star

Hulk - didn't hack it in the same Sao Paulo, went to Japan - Portugal - now is a big star

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2011, 07:49:20 pm »
AC milan had a 16 mil bid rejected the other week.

Porto bought 15% more of his shares to own more of him last week.

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 08:08:25 pm »
Fantastic player, doubt he would want to come to Liverpool though without prospect of playing in Europe

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2011, 09:06:44 pm »
I was just wondering two things; One where does the nickname Hulk come from?
If I remember right, the Japanese club he played for sported a green strip that made him look like a certain Incredible comic book character.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 09:19:42 pm »
Would prefer him to be mad rather than angry.

Oh no! Don't make him angry! You wouldn't like him when he's angry!
 ::)

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2011, 01:45:58 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_%28footballer%29
I'd stay well clear of that.

I would too if they originally bought 50% then added another 40% to end up with 85%!

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2011, 02:27:39 am »
I would too if they originally bought 50% then added another 40% to end up with 85%!

:lmao

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2011, 12:16:56 pm »
I was just wondering two things; One where does the nickname Hulk come from?, and Two why does he have Ian on his boots? He dosnt look like an Ian to me.

His nickname is apparently because of his likeness to Lou Ferrigno, and fucked if i know about the second one  :P

Offline fredlx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2011, 08:33:42 pm »
Hulk in England? LOL; he's always diving, he would get sent off for simulation every game  ;D
- benfica looser.

Porto already refused offers much higher than those 16 mil from milan. in fact, Porto'spresident laughed at that offer. i remember seeng on the newspapers he talked about milan wanting to buy cissokho the deal was done 15 million euros but when doing the medicals they made up an excuse about his teeth. he ended up going to Lyon. Hulk will stay in Porto unless someone pays 100 mil

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2011, 09:06:35 pm »
He has pace and a powerful shot but seems to be a pretty headless player. Against organized sides in Europe this season Falcao had a much bigger impact than he did from what I saw. He's had one good season (wasn't he awful last season?) and I don't think he's worth nearly as much as the prices being thrown around.
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2011, 12:21:45 pm »
His price tag is enormous but I definitely can see big clubs trying to get him to sign for them next season. Hope one day he wears the red shirt but I know it is difficult to happen though.

Would clash badly with the purple ripped jeans though.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 04:16:18 pm »
at first i thought he was Julio Baptista part two.  but he seems to have alot more about him.

Offline LiverpoolPT

• Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2011, 05:00:23 pm »
- benfica looser.

Porto already refused offers much higher than those 16 mil from milan. in fact, Porto'spresident laughed at that offer. i remember seeng on the newspapers he talked about milan wanting to buy cissokho the deal was done 15 million euros but when doing the medicals they made up an excuse about his teeth. he ended up going to Lyon. Hulk will stay in Porto unless someone pays 100 mil
At least we don't pay refs...

You just aren't the ManU of Portugal, because you have less titles thatn the biggest  ;)

Offline fredlx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2011, 11:29:09 pm »
At least we don't pay refs...

You just aren't the ManU of Portugal, because you have less titles thatn the biggest  ;)

according to howard king you do pay refs..but you can't even win uefa cup with bribed refs. and Porto has more titles than manchester. 7. only an imbecil simple minded benfica fan would say something like 'manchester united of Portugal' . you think it is ok to emulate other clubs. i bet this year you are a real madrid fanatic. looser. you're not a liverpool fan

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2012, 08:47:21 pm »
Fourth Official ‏ @Fourth_Official
More movement in the transfer window, reports coming from Portugal that Chelsea have reached an agreement for Porto's Hulk #Desporto

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2012/05/13/hulk_tem_acordo_com_o_chelsea.html
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2012, 08:59:24 pm »
35 goals and 17 assists on the season, can play on the wing just as well as up front - Speaks for itself.
how much more than Carroll would he be?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2012, 08:59:43 pm »
They signed Marin, are in talks with Schürrle and are signing Hulk. Roman's not messing around is he?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »
They signed Marin, are in talks with Schürrle and are signing Hulk. Roman's not messing around is he?

that's the whole problem right?

bought a player mourinho didn't want too.

i remember AVB saying in an interview that he didn't have a right sided player like hulk apart from sturridge  who was still learning.he sacks AVB and then gets the type of players AVB wanted.idiot...
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2012, 09:03:23 pm »
who's their new manager RDM? Or someone else?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2012, 09:06:16 pm »

Why would he? Stand still in football and your going backwards. Just means drogba, malouda, kalou et al are out imo.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »
Either we move now, like the other clubs are doing, or we pay the price. They'll be a tax on players after they go in the shop window at the Euros..

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2012, 09:09:18 pm »
Fucks sake
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2012, 09:13:04 pm »
All a bit boring really isn't it.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Jimmy Two Times

• Two Times. A good fella. RAWK Cricket ODI Draft champion
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2012, 09:14:15 pm »
Have they actually signed him? I remember these kind of rumours last summer too. Seems like Chelsea is the only club he's ever linked to.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »
Said earlier that CFC would make a go again and seems to of started already.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2012, 10:14:13 pm »

They've no chance of being ffp compliant either way, so why not.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2012, 10:26:44 pm »
This is the sort of signing that confirms the opinion when people are whinging their tits off that unless we get in the Champions League nobody decent will ever sign for us. They'll fucking move anywhere if there's enough in the bank at the end of the week.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.