Author Topic: Thank you and good luck, Brendan.  (Read 32384 times)

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
Re: Thank you and good luck, Brendan.
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »
13/14 - what a ride !

Good luck Brendan - all the best for the future.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #161 on: October 4, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »
still reckon he'll have a good career. he's still very young for a manager.

us and him just Wernt a good fit in the end. thanks for getting us so close to winning the league Brendan, all the best

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #162 on: October 4, 2015, 09:14:55 pm »
Thanks Brendan, all the best lad.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #163 on: October 4, 2015, 09:15:14 pm »
I hope he takes a break from football to enable him to properly reflect on his time with us. Yes he made mistakes, but he did a lot right and I hope he learns from it and goes on to become the top manager we all know he is capable of being.

Good luck and thanks for everything. And don't even think about joining Chelsea when that snide prick gets the axe  :P

I think he will go on and do well. Some people the other day are saying he's finished after us - I disagree.

He may never manage a bigger club than Liverpool, but I think talks of him having to drop to the 2nd tier to manage again is nonsense.

If Moyes can manage Sociedad, then Brendan could easily manage top flight in La Liga.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #164 on: October 4, 2015, 09:21:51 pm »
Well put.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 4, 2015, 09:21:57 pm »
Can't remember ever enjoying a league campaign more than 2014. Wouldn't have swapped it for a trophy either (barring the CL).
For that I'll always be grateful.
Hope Rodgers does well at his next club.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 4, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »
Well said.

Offline Dizzyfinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #167 on: October 4, 2015, 09:23:19 pm »
Thank you Brendan, it was nearly oh so different. Truly sad that it came to this but your best days are ahead of you, as hopefully are ours.

All the best.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 4, 2015, 09:23:55 pm »
Great post.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 4, 2015, 09:24:45 pm »
I wish him all the best in his career.

I feel he will become a top manager but it just wasn't the right fit.

Thanks for giving us hope again and all the best.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 4, 2015, 09:25:46 pm »
Best wishes to you Brendan and thanks for the last 3 and a bit years. I hope you return from this set back and have a successful career elsewhere.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #171 on: October 4, 2015, 09:30:59 pm »
Well said mate. We have a lot of shit fans. The snake-like behaviour since the start of this season has been disgraceful. But they'll rationalise it away because they're stupid as well as disloyal. The reason I fell in love with this club was the loyalty and brotherhood aspect of it. Liverpool stood out for me in that regard in a huge way. Our anthem, YNWA, typifies this in the extreme.

I'd rather that FSG took this decision irrelevant of what some fans thought. But I get the impression it matters; which is why supporting this club has gotten depressing for me, especially since Rafa left. The shit fans are becoming too many.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest  ;)
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
« Reply #172 on: October 4, 2015, 09:35:16 pm »
Thanks Brendan for the exhilarating memories !
★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 4, 2015, 09:35:39 pm »
"I'd hate us to become a club that hates players and managers only because they fail to live up to our expectations. While BR does have his irritating ways, he's not offensive at all and does respect the job, I think.

It's both easy and hard to forget how close Rodgers was to that title. I really think he desperately does want to be a success here and has given his all, so for that and 13/14, he'll have my gratitude and well wishes when he does go. It's a true fact that it'll be a big ask for any future manager to have us playing football like we were in 13/14 any time soon, that's for sure."

Said that a couple weeks back, sums up my thoughts so will just repeat it. You never know, if he has the long and successful career that I hope he does have, we might see a Brendan 2.0 at some point. No doubt there will be raised eyebrows at that, but as a young Brit/Irish manager in an age where clubs get through a lot of managers, it's not impossible. I'll certainly look back at his time here with a regretful fondness. A couple of things went against him, a couple mistakes he probably regrets, certainly not enough to be that big of a roadblock to future opportunities.

Learn from it and smash it Brendan.

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #174 on: October 4, 2015, 09:35:49 pm »
For a season, Liverpool played the best football I can remember since the 80s. Perhaps even for those last few glorious weeks, the best football I can remember from any Liverpool side. Those were both the salad days and the hot meat of romance. Then came the cold gravy of reality but anyone who tells you that season was down to Suarez alone, is talking out out their arse. Brendan had a vision and the players to enact it, and for a few glorious weeks he made us dream. He deserves our unending gratitude for an intoxicating season. We might never see its like again. Though I fucking hope we do.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #175 on: October 4, 2015, 09:37:26 pm »
Fine post mate.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rush

• Boys Pen
« Reply #176 on: October 4, 2015, 09:37:39 pm »
Thank you for your time in LFC, Brendan. You gave us many good moments and especially 13/14 was like a dream. Best wishes for the future!

Offline T-1000

• Legacy Fan
  • "I am focused on training and coaching my team"
« Reply #177 on: October 4, 2015, 09:38:59 pm »
13/14 was a truly astonishing season that made me love watching football again post Rafa leaving and the nonsense with H&G. Thanks Brendan
.....where once we watched the King Kenny play

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #178 on: October 4, 2015, 09:41:06 pm »
Good Luck (at Sunderland) - wish him all the best. 

Cheers
Jon

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 4, 2015, 09:42:37 pm »
Good thread idea. Had my fingers crossed you'd pull yourself out of this rut we'd found ourselves in, but 8 league games into the season were deemed to be sufficient. You must have thought coming into this club that there was this fabled 'Liverpool Way' etched into the very fabric of the club, so it must have come as some surprise to you some months ago as people started to get tetchy that this died some time ago.

Thoroughly enjoyed the ride you tried to lead out of the years of shit with Hicks and Gillett (with no 'e'), and the farce of Hodgson, and to come so near to actually winning the first title in two generations. Rafa nearly won it, but won the European Cup again, and he got hounded out. You won nothing, so you didn't stand a chance really. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the younger players come through and given a chance to shine, and thoroughly enjoyed watching us finally get to grips with getting the very best out of the phenomenal talent that was Suarez. You'll hear people say that THAT season was the Suarez season etc. That's the facebook generation talking. We were a pretty strong, lively unit - flawed, but exhilarating.

Rest assured the fan base will wank themselves into oblivion about who the next manager will be - texting and twittering and facebooking. Then they'll text and tweet and facefuckpost about how great we're going to be, and this manager did this, and that manager did that. They will then wank themselves into a frenzy about seeing him off again as soon as a glimmer of opportunity arises.

Best of luck. Some great days were had.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #180 on: October 4, 2015, 09:42:54 pm »
Basically, everything's been said that I wanted to say.

Cheers Brendan for making me fall in love with football again in 2014.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 4, 2015, 09:44:11 pm »
This should be the main thread tonight,
It was time for him to go but got to wish him all the best, so close to being a Liverpool legend forever, how much fun did we have in 13/14....wow,  it was enjoyable

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #182 on: October 4, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »
Thanks & good luck Brendan. You'll always be welcome back at Anfield by me & many others I think.

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #183 on: October 4, 2015, 09:47:26 pm »
Good luck Brendan.  You gave us one great season and some good times.  Hope things work out and you find the right job for you soon.
Believer

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #184 on: October 4, 2015, 09:48:45 pm »
Nicely put sir.
Believer

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #185 on: October 4, 2015, 09:50:36 pm »
It's a tough way to end but I'll never forget the Reds being mustard because of him and I can only thank Brendan for making me rediscover my love of football and football alone.

Unfortunately things weren't to be but I can only wish him well for the future. A nice break, with some time to relax and take in the last few years will do him the world of good. Hopefully it will allow him to come back rejuvenated and ready for a new project where he can enjoy plenty of success in the future.

All the best Brendan.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #186 on: October 4, 2015, 09:51:43 pm »
People have said managing us is an impossible job and you can see why. Massive expectations, very vocal fan base and it seems that however and whenever they leave the managers are viewed from the outside as something of a laughing stock. Never stop defending Houllier, Rafa and Kenny from the opinions of idiots I work with.

Better to have tried and failed (marginally) than never to have tried at all. Full respect to Brendan for what he came so close to achieving here, it really would have been the most unexpected title win from anyone in decades I think.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 4, 2015, 09:53:09 pm »
Good luck. Think a move like this was too early in his career for him, but I expect he will have a good managerial career.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #188 on: October 4, 2015, 09:55:06 pm »
An affable man who tried his best. I never subscribed to the David Brent shite, it was an easy stick to beat a man who had the ability to articulate his opinion. Good luck Brenden and thanks for your efforts.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #189 on: October 4, 2015, 09:55:54 pm »
Remember how good life was that season. I came out of the ground after the city game, and thought 'fuck me, we are going to win the league'. Remember how good it was singing the coach in.
Thanks Brendan and good luck

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #190 on: October 4, 2015, 09:56:27 pm »
People have said managing us is an impossible job and you can see why. Massive expectations, very vocal fan base and it seems that however and whenever they leave the managers are viewed from the outside as something of a laughing stock. Never stop defending Houllier, Rafa and Kenny from the opinions of idiots I work with.

Better to have tried and failed (marginally) than never to have tried at all. Full respect to Brendan for what he came so close to achieving here, it really would have been the most unexpected title win from anyone in decades I think.

It would - people forget but most pundits/journalists didn't have us to make top 4 that season let alone

He got us closer to the title than any manager since we won it last, playing amazing football and that's how his era should be remembered

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 4, 2015, 09:56:34 pm »
Dark day for the club. Would have been a great. I hope everyone that wanted him out is happy when the new guy comes in, decides he wants to overhaul the squad yet again and we are rebuilding from zero for another few years. Rodgers had it and he'll prove it somewhere else now.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Batukop

• needy little fucker
  • Anny Roader
  • Pure Shores
« Reply #192 on: October 4, 2015, 09:58:19 pm »
Got the team playing amazing football 2013/14. Made us dream again that mad season. Good luck.
"You may have found me mean and thirsty in my search for trophies, but the bad news is the man who is taking my place is hungrier than me. Fagan's the name and I don't think he'll need any help from the Artful Dodger!" Bob Paisley on Joe Fagan.

Shear me. Shear my ass. Make me naked.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 4, 2015, 10:08:26 pm »
Good post.

Thanks for everything Brendan - most importantly, for making me dream in 2014.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #194 on: October 4, 2015, 10:17:45 pm »
I've been halfheartedly wanting him gone for a while but it must make even his biggest detractors sad to think back to the end of the 2013/14 season and remember how happy we all were that he was extending his stay with us. Football is cruel and strange. He was a couple of matches away from winning us our first ever Premier League title, he could do wrong. A year and a half later and he's gone.

He represented the club for a few years and was at all times dignified and composed. Wish him all the best.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2015, 10:19:26 pm by S »

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: October 4, 2015, 10:24:28 pm »
Great post. I am old enough to have seen us win the league loads of times but I shall always feel genuinely indebted to BR for giving us the 2013/14 season. It was just magical even though we faltered right at the death.

Thanks, BR

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 4, 2015, 10:26:39 pm »
Best Liverpool football I have seen in my lifetime, and it was down to him. Gutted it's ended like this.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #197 on: October 4, 2015, 10:28:47 pm »
Great post

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 4, 2015, 10:30:55 pm »
Post of the day surely. Well done, mate :)
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #199 on: October 4, 2015, 10:36:00 pm »

Best Liverpool football I have seen in my lifetime, and it was down to him. Gutted it's ended like this.
I'm 25, so it's the same for me. In one season we saw...

Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal
Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton
Manchester United 0 - 3 Liverpool
Liverpool 1 - 0 Manchester United
Tottenham 0 - 5 Liverpool
Liverpool 3 - 0 Tottenham
Liverpool 3 - 2 Manchester City

Some incredible memories. I'd argue that last one was the most impressive of the lot.