Author Topic: How many points do you expect in the next 5 matches 2015-16 edition  (Read 63766 times)

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How many points do you expect in the next 5 matches 2015-16 edition
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 11:40:12 pm »
If you saw them the other night away to a 3rd place maltese team you'd know that Wet Ham at home are the least of our worries in that run of games  ;)

they have Bilic now, he kicked us out of EL
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2015, 12:05:38 am »

They had Billic the other night too. Actually more confident now that I would be if Big Sam was still in charge.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2015, 01:13:11 am »
I think 6 or 7 points. 2 wins at home and zero/one point away from home in those 3 games.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2015, 01:29:08 am »
7 points is realistic, maybe 9 if we're lucky at Stoke.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:30:41 am by Bunter »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:41:59 am by LiverBirdKop »

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 04:45:28 am »
Anything above 7 and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

That Stoke game is an absolute bitch of a game. Only thing we have going for us is that Stoke haven't really gotten their team together year still chasing that marquee signing which they probably won't get done in time.

3 times that we've played Stoke at Britannia under Brendan, we've conceded a whopping TWELVE goals. 12 !

If we come out of that game with 3 points, it really really will be a massive result.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 05:51:31 am »
If it's too early then please feel free to delete this mods..

I have a feeling 10 points is very much possible..

Stoke: 3
Bournemouth: 3
Arsenal: 0
West Ham: 3
Manure: 1

Stoke: 3
United: 0

9 points, anything from OT and Emirates is a bonus. And I hope you have better luck this year than I did starting this thread last year :)
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2015, 05:53:39 am »
These are the blocks of 5 if anyone's interested in going 5 at a time, rather than adding a game each week

Stoke A
Bournemouth H
Arsenal A
West Ham H
Man Utd A

Norwich H
Aston Villa H
Everton A
Spurs A
Southampton H

Chelsea A
Crystal Palace H
Man City A
Swansea H
Newcastle A

West Brom H
Watford A
Leicester H
Sunderland A
West Ham A

Arsenal H
Man Utd H
Norwich A
Leicester A
Sunderland H

Aston Villa A
Everton H
Man City H
Crystal Palace A
Chelsea H

Southampton A
Spurs H
Stoke H
Bournemouth A
Newcastle H

Swansea A
Watford H
West Brom A
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:19 am »
Eleventy.......?
That`s it Chops, take it you didn`t even need a calculator like.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 08:54:27 am »

Mate, I thought you were the voice of eternal optimism?

Stoke - we never do well there, jonathan walters, peter crouch, their ground, their bitter bastard fans, yeah. We should set up as a compact 541 and hope to get a lucky point from this.

Bournemouth - Eddie Howe. He's going tear Brendan a new one tactically, they were better than us in the cup last year, yeah I know we beat them, but they were concentrating on the league, yeah? They'll play well on our pitch and surprise us - we should drop the flair players for this one - keep it tight and hope for a point.

Arsenal - They're going to win the league with Cech & Sanchez, and with Lacazette and Pogba signing they've got everything, they're almost entirely French. French are the best. Mamadou should be playing for them, I really should be supporting them, but you know it wouldn't be as much fun, I'd have nothing to piss and moan about then. They're that good, yeah? No point in pretending, doesn't matter what we do here, we're getting beaten in London. Got to hope we grabbed at least one point from the first two or Brendan is under real pressure after losing here.

West Ham - Bilic. He's bossed us before, he'll do it again. One word; passion. Another one: fitness. Sturridge will start this and then lose a vital organ chasing a terrible ball from Lovren. He'll be out for the season and we'll be stuck with the new Andy Carroll looking lost upfront.

ManU - they'll have been invigorated by signing Reus, Muller and swapping DiMaria for Ibra - they're all German or nearly German - class everywhere. Schweinsteiger vs Lucas? Are you joking? We're finished.

End of the day I'm an optimist, but you're blind if you can't see what I'm pointing out, 3 points from 15 will be a good return, but only if Brendan wises up and plays a compact 731. I can't wait for the season to start, it's when we have so much hope.

Allez la rouge etc.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 09:07:39 am »
I'd like us to not lose against stoke, and get six or more from the other matches, so somewhere north of 7 would be good. I'd take those 1-0 scrapes we had for the start of 13/14 all day long.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 09:20:06 am »
I'd like us to not lose against stoke, and get six or more from the other matches, so somewhere north of 7 would be good. I'd take those 1-0 scrapes we had for the start of 13/14 all day long.

That was brilliant! Sturridge scoring all three, our defense miraculously not conceding anything... boss times.

Stoke A - 3
I think we can get a scrappy win out of this. Stoke play much better under Hughes though, and this game is a good test for the spirit of our team. I hope for a 2-1 victory with Ings scoring and Henderson from the spot.

Bournemouth H - 3
I think we will fly out the gates at home and get a quick 2-0 lead (Markovic, Milner). After that the game will be boring as shit, with Bournemouth getting better and better. They'll score and we'll be lucky to win 2-1 in the end (like the Southampton game last season).

Arsenal A - 1
We set up deep and absorb their attacking threat, scoring one on the counter (Benteke). They will be better than us all game but we'll only concede one to Giroud. 1-1 stalemate.

West Ham H - 0
Like every season, after a good result away from home we get surprised at home and struggle to create and score. West Ham sit deep and nick a lucky 1-0 win.

Man Utd A - 1
In a see-saw game the lead changes twice before the game ends in a 3-3 draw. Ibe, Milner and Benteke to score.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 09:27:19 am »
Can't make any honest predictions on this first set of games until I see us play.....seeing as I haven't even watched us in pre-season (Been a nice summer break!)

Going by what I'd consider a nice solid start...10 points out of 15 will keep us there or thereabouts

I know our first set of aways are difficult but reckon best time to play them all is early! While teams will be settling into the season n all that
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:21 am »
Well it depends on who we bring in doesn't it ?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2015, 10:00:47 am »
Well last season we managed about 4 points from the equivalent games, i think we might do better this time.
i think we will manage 9. 2 wins at home and 3 away draws.

Offline d3lu5ion

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2015, 10:02:14 am »
I would accept 7.. Anything more than that, then the squad has shown some improvement

Stoke A - 1 (always a boogey for us)
Bournemouth H - 3 (should be a no brainer, but one may never know with new teams)
Arsenal A - 0 (It is either we being unlucky on the day or they running riot. Hope this changes)
West Ham H - 3 (Could easily be a draw as well)
Man Utd A - 0 (We should win the midfield battle and our strikers should be accustomed to our style of play by then, if not then it is trouble)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2015, 11:17:34 am »
Points dropped against Arsenal and United.

Man Utd have brought in loads of players. They have done good business, but I am glad we are playing them early hopefully before everyone has settled.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2015, 12:33:09 pm »
Stoke A 1
Bournemouth H 3
Arsenal A 0
West Ham H 3
Man Utd A 1

8/15
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »
We have to aim for 10 points at least. Its the sort of run that could build loads of confidence going forward.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2015, 12:53:09 pm »
I'd take 9 if you offered it now.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2015, 12:53:25 pm »
Too much negativity here. If we aren't confident after spending a lot of money then it says that we aren't confident in the manager's and transfer committee's decisions.

Stoke.......we have a much better first team and anything bar 3 points is poor
Bournemouth.........this should be an easy 3 points
Arsenal........OK a tougher game but we have as good a first team and this should be a tight match. I expect at least a draw.
West Ham........same as Stoke. Nothing to sorry about. 3 points.
Utd.......our toughest game but we should be able to match them and come away with at least 1 point.

Yes I know that life isn't as easy and that upsets can happen but after our summer spending are we really concerned about Stoke, Bournemouth and West Ham? If we are then we don't have any confidence in the manager.  We should smother these three teams and come away with 3 points from each. We then need to compete against Arsenal and Utd. Neither of these really worry me and we should get 2 to 4 points from these two games.
#JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2015, 01:01:19 pm »
Too much negativity here. If we aren't confident after spending a lot of money then it says that we aren't confident in the manager's and transfer committee's decisions.

Stoke.......we have a much better first team and anything bar 3 points is poor
Bournemouth.........this should be an easy 3 points
Arsenal........OK a tougher game but we have as good a first team and this should be a tight match. I expect at least a draw.
West Ham........same as Stoke. Nothing to sorry about. 3 points.
Utd.......our toughest game but we should be able to match them and come away with at least 1 point.

Yes I know that life isn't as easy and that upsets can happen but after our summer spending are we really concerned about Stoke, Bournemouth and West Ham? If we are then we don't have any confidence in the manager.  We should smother these three teams and come away with 3 points from each. We then need to compete against Arsenal and Utd. Neither of these really worry me and we should get 2 to 4 points from these two games.

We should be twatting West Ham and Bournmouth. Stoke away is a tough game for teams better than us but we should be targeting 3 points but its not as much as a given. Utd and Arsenal away are tough and our record there isn't great, so were not exactly going to be enthused going to those places.

Also are we confident in the manager 100%? I wanted Rodgers to stay but I wouldn't say I am as certain as I was and he is one of the favourites to be sacked. So it can go either way.

That said, we have to target 10 points. We have to beat Bournmouth and West Ham as a given and win one of the 3 aways at Utd, Stoke or Arsenal.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2015, 01:51:57 pm »
Stoke: 1
United: 3

I can see us only getting a point on the first day, either due to not being full strength with the  likes of Firmino and Benteke not starting or struggling to perform due to lack of game time in pre-season. I expect we will beat Bournemouth by +3, with the above mentioned both heavily involved. Arsenal away will be too much at this stage of the season, though we are due a result there, I just dont see it happening. West Ham we will beat like 2-0 or 3-1. I fancy us to do United for all 3 points by getting a fluky goal, or on the counter after them dominating the game.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2015, 02:55:20 pm »
7 would be decent, 9 would be good, and anything above 9 would be a fantastic start to the season.

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2015, 02:55:26 pm »
15 of course! :-)
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:46 pm »

Mate, I thought you were the voice of eternal optimism?

Stoke - we never do well there, jonathan walters, peter crouch, their ground, their bitter bastard fans, yeah. We should set up as a compact 541 and hope to get a lucky point from this.

Bournemouth - Eddie Howe. He's going tear Brendan a new one tactically, they were better than us in the cup last year, yeah I know we beat them, but they were concentrating on the league, yeah? They'll play well on our pitch and surprise us - we should drop the flair players for this one - keep it tight and hope for a point.

Arsenal - They're going to win the league with Cech & Sanchez, and with Lacazette and Pogba signing they've got everything, they're almost entirely French. French are the best. Mamadou should be playing for them, I really should be supporting them, but you know it wouldn't be as much fun, I'd have nothing to piss and moan about then. They're that good, yeah? No point in pretending, doesn't matter what we do here, we're getting beaten in London. Got to hope we grabbed at least one point from the first two or Brendan is under real pressure after losing here.

West Ham - Bilic. He's bossed us before, he'll do it again. One word; passion. Another one: fitness. Sturridge will start this and then lose a vital organ chasing a terrible ball from Lovren. He'll be out for the season and we'll be stuck with the new Andy Carroll looking lost upfront.

ManU - they'll have been invigorated by signing Reus, Muller and swapping DiMaria for Ibra - they're all German or nearly German - class everywhere. Schweinsteiger vs Lucas? Are you joking? We're finished.

End of the day I'm an optimist, but you're blind if you can't see what I'm pointing out, 3 points from 15 will be a good return, but only if Brendan wises up and plays a compact 731. I can't wait for the season to start, it's when we have so much hope.

Allez la rouge etc.
:lmao

the organ bit hahaha
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2015, 03:05:15 pm »
With the turnover of players, I can see the wheels coming off completely. I think that 8 of the first 12 games are very, very losable. There is a very plausible scenario that Rodgers' "philosophy" will be dismantled before advent.
Xerxes MBE

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2015, 03:06:27 pm »
I know many are waiting in the wings to Jump at Brendan's throat with a knife as soon as things go wrong but if we can get 7-8 points here that would be a good start.

Offline IvanDobskey

• Anny Roader
  • Mr Hoppeeeeee.....
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2015, 03:09:58 pm »
Probably 7 points tops unfortunately.

Tough start when trying to integrate new signings.

Hope I'm wrong though obviously.
I only said I done it so they'd take the rat out of me anus!

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2015, 03:18:48 pm »
Stoke (A): 3
Bournemouth (H): 3
Arsenal (A): 0
West Ham (H): 3
Man United (A): 0

9 points.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2015, 03:21:22 pm »

Stoke (A): 3
Bournemouth (H): 3
Arsenal (A): 0
West Ham (H): 3
Man United (A): 0

9 points.

They key really will be ensuring we win the home games and getting as many points as we can from the others

I'm gonna plump for 8 points. Winning the two homes, drawing vs mancs and Stoke but losing to arsenal
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »
Some people are either incredibly naive or eternal optimists, I just can't seem to figure out the difference. Look, there's nothing wrong with confidence, it should be encouraged. But how are people saying stuff like Stoke should be an easy win? They demolished us 6-1 a couple of months ago at their place and in all honesty it could have been closer to double figures. Ok, our lads gave up and were on their holidays but that isn't the point. Stoke is a tough place to go for any side. Their record against the bigger teams at the Brittania is very good and while we've strengthened this summer, they have too. They've made some shrewd buys and their squad is much more stable than ours. Frankly I'd be happy with a point.

Bournemouth? A new club to the league full of optimism with a forward thinking young manager? They'll play with nothing to lose. Should we beat them? Yes, we ought to. But it won't be easy and they aren't just going to lie down because we are Liverpool. Everybody should know by now that teams raise their game against us, not like against United or Chelsea where teams just roll over and die. Arsenal away and United away? Our record against big sides away from home is quite shocking and going to those two grounds so early on in the season just makes it that bit tougher. Sandwiched between those away trips is a home game with Slaven Bilic's West Ham. He'll want to get off to a good start and given that they've seemingly been playing Europa League qualifiers since Christmas they'll be fully tuned up and ready to go.

Look, I don't want to be a negative twat. All I'm saying is that we've got a very tough start. It could be the making of our season, absolutely. We could win 4 out of 5, beat United and Arsenal away and set a fantastic platform for the season ahead. At the same time we could be not quite ready, new signings might not settle as quickly as we hope they do and Firmino and Coutinho might just be of the pace given their summer exertions. I hope to Christ that we get off to a good start, Rodgers needs it and the players need it. We're juts up against it somewhat, and I hope that if we do get off to a poor start we can regroup pretty quickly.

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »
15...we will be perched at the top of the league  8)

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2015, 03:55:12 pm »
Some people are either incredibly naive or eternal optimists, I just can't seem to figure out the difference. Look, there's nothing wrong with confidence, it should be encouraged. But how are people saying stuff like Stoke should be an easy win? They demolished us 6-1 a couple of months ago at their place and in all honesty it could have been closer to double figures. Ok, our lads gave up and were on their holidays but that isn't the point. Stoke is a tough place to go for any side. Their record against the bigger teams at the Brittania is very good and while we've strengthened this summer, they have too. They've made some shrewd buys and their squad is much more stable than ours. Frankly I'd be happy with a point.

Bournemouth? A new club to the league full of optimism with a forward thinking young manager? They'll play with nothing to lose. Should we beat them? Yes, we ought to. But it won't be easy and they aren't just going to lie down because we are Liverpool. Everybody should know by now that teams raise their game against us, not like against United or Chelsea where teams just roll over and die. Arsenal away and United away? Our record against big sides away from home is quite shocking and going to those two grounds so early on in the season just makes it that bit tougher. Sandwiched between those away trips is a home game with Slaven Bilic's West Ham. He'll want to get off to a good start and given that they've seemingly been playing Europa League qualifiers since Christmas they'll be fully tuned up and ready to go.

Look, I don't want to be a negative twat. All I'm saying is that we've got a very tough start. It could be the making of our season, absolutely. We could win 4 out of 5, beat United and Arsenal away and set a fantastic platform for the season ahead. At the same time we could be not quite ready, new signings might not settle as quickly as we hope they do and Firmino and Coutinho might just be of the pace given their summer exertions. I hope to Christ that we get off to a good start, Rodgers needs it and the players need it. We're juts up against it somewhat, and I hope that if we do get off to a poor start we can regroup pretty quickly.

Oh shit, I hadn't thought that Slaven Bilic might want to get off to a good start. We're fucked now.

On a serious note I understand your points but it's football, people will always be optimistic otherwise what is the fucking point. Personally i'd be happy with upwards of seven points and it is a really difficult start to the season. But while your opinion is that having those difficult games early is a nightmare it could easily be spun as a positive; they won't be settled in and racing so early in the campaign so we could catch them out. Arsenal have been strong finishers of late and it's taken them time to get into their stride, same for United.

ps I don't think anyone truly believes Stoke will be an easy points. Nightmares of games there, remember even in 08/09 when Stevie hit the post in injury time, would've been a huge 3 points after Rafa's infamous press conference. Then there was having a party when Suarez won a pen only to still go on and lose. Their late equaliser after Kyriakos put us in front and then of course the awful display last season. It's been a nightmarish place to go but I should hope the manager and players alike see it as an opportunity to lay down a marker early in the season. We'll be as up for it as anyone and 3 points there would be massive for us, absolutely massive.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2015, 03:58:53 pm »
7-9
choose Life.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2015, 04:00:38 pm »
9 points would put us on course for 71 points according to the ALPT. Anything less and we will have some catching up to do later

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2015, 04:05:58 pm »
15 - all IN!

Stoke will be a hard one.. nothing like having a hard on... and we'll see how pre season has faired. Expecting a tough game obviously but will be good to win it to eradicate last season..

Bournmouth will be hard, pressure for us to smash them 7 - 0, but in actual fact if we win, it'll be a 1 or 2 - 0 result.

Arsenal - tough match, but hey i can't say we'll lose so lets smash them!!!

West Ham - not sure what to expect... they struggled against some Maltese pub side, they will be well ahead in fitness and match fitness terms, or will it be a bit much for 'em... hard one to call..

Mancs... hard one to call... gonna say we'll win because hey ho we gotta...

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2015, 04:14:16 pm »
7  or 8 for the first 5 games.
I have no enthusiasm for this season.  I have a fear that we will get "Stoked"before every game, no matter who the opposition is.  We need to get lucky, if that is the right word and find that our new signings complete in the jigsaw perfectly.  But after so many false dawns, for 25 years, I am beaten!

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »
Oh shit, I hadn't thought that Slaven Bilic might want to get off to a good start. We're fucked now.

On a serious note I understand your points but it's football, people will always be optimistic otherwise what is the fucking point. Personally i'd be happy with upwards of seven points and it is a really difficult start to the season. But while your opinion is that having those difficult games early is a nightmare it could easily be spun as a positive; they won't be settled in and racing so early in the campaign so we could catch them out. Arsenal have been strong finishers of late and it's taken them time to get into their stride, same for United.

ps I don't think anyone truly believes Stoke will be an easy points. Nightmares of games there, remember even in 08/09 when Stevie hit the post in injury time, would've been a huge 3 points after Rafa's infamous press conference. Then there was having a party when Suarez won a pen only to still go on and lose. Their late equaliser after Kyriakos put us in front and then of course the awful display last season. It's been a nightmarish place to go but I should hope the manager and players alike see it as an opportunity to lay down a marker early in the season. We'll be as up for it as anyone and 3 points there would be massive for us, absolutely massive.

You can be as sarcastic as you want mate, I just want to try and look at it objectively. It is not going to be easy, it's not as easy start for any side. With lots of players to bed in, with minimal room for failure, with tough tough games early on and with other teams also strengthening I'm just trying to be a little bit level headed. I'm optimistic, believe it or not. As a football fan you have to be. I'm thinking that if we can get a shitty 1-0 away at Stoke and then beat Bourmemouth we'll be very confident going into the tough away games at Arsenal and United. We need that platform. But the first step is always the toughest.

I don't want to sit here and foolishly say we'll get 15/15. If you offered me 8 points now I'd bite your hand off.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2015, 04:23:52 pm »
11. 3-2-0.