Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245859 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1080 on: January 1, 2012, 11:01:08 pm »
My dad would have been 72 on Feb 14.  He died April 20, 2000 aged 60 from cancer.  Never did figure out what kind.

I loved my dad so much and even now I miss him terribly.  RIP
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: January 1, 2012, 11:02:30 pm »
I'm so sorry Vicky.

Heartbreaking. Rest in peace Dan. :(

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1082 on: January 1, 2012, 11:10:11 pm »
So sorry to read that Vicky. I hope you and the family are ok. Like many I am a regular reader of this thread and Dan's fighting spirit was there for all to see. He seemed so brave with his fight and from what I read never complained and just got on with things.

Not sure what I can add really, just wanted to let you know how sorry I am.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #1083 on: January 1, 2012, 11:21:55 pm »
R.I.P Dan.

Lord please give Vicky and the family strength.

My partner lost her aunt to Cancer two weeks ago aged 37.Cancer started in the leg but spread all over and she had two tumours in the head.It hit the whole of her family hard as they didn`t see it coming so quick.They obviously knew she was in trouble but they didnt know how close she was to the end.She hadn`t started the chemo yet,she was due to start it on the monday but died sunday morning after a brain hemorrhage.So sad she personally knew she had little time left but chose to keep it from her family and only daughter who she raised more or less alone (who`s 19 now) because of the time of year it is and whatnot.
Such a sad and brave way to go with dignity.

R.I.P. Natasha.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1084 on: January 1, 2012, 11:23:11 pm »
I have a small lump on my head that hasn't gone away. Have had a biopsy taken and am still waiting for the results some 8 weeks later despite them saying I would hear something in 2-3 weeks. I have been too scared to post in here in case I tempted fate but that has also meant that I have missed some heart rendering posts from people on RAWK. Deb's best friend's mother has recently learnt that the breast cancer she thought she had beaten has in fact returned in her spine and the prognosis is not good.
My deepest condolences to all those in here who have lost someone to Cancer, if I can help in any way please feel free to PM me at any time....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1085 on: January 1, 2012, 11:28:27 pm »
I have a small lump on my head that hasn't gone away. Have had a biopsy taken and am still waiting for the results some 8 weeks later despite them saying I would hear something in 2-3 weeks. I have been too scared to post in here in case I tempted fate but that has also meant that I have missed some heart rendering posts from people on RAWK. Deb's best friend's mother has recently learnt that the breast cancer she thought she had beaten has in fact returned in her spine and the prognosis is not good.
My deepest condolences to all those in here who have lost someone to Cancer, if I can help in any way please feel free to PM me at any time....

I understand your worrying but I just think if there was something malignant in that lump they'd have contacted you already Jason. Get in touch and get the result mate. Hiding from the truth IF it is cancer doesn't do you any good. Chin up mate... :wave

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1086 on: January 1, 2012, 11:35:59 pm »
I understand your worrying but I just think if there was something malignant in that lump they'd have contacted you already Jason. Get in touch and get the result mate. Hiding from the truth IF it is cancer doesn't do you any good. Chin up mate... :wave

If it is, I won't hide from it mate.
I might have misheard the 2-3 weeks and my GP hasn't had anything back either.
I also don't want to trivialise what is a very serious and important thread....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: January 1, 2012, 11:39:40 pm »

Worrying about a test result whether it turns out good or bad is hardly trivialising anything mate.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: January 1, 2012, 11:41:36 pm »
Be strong Jason.  We're all here for you.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: January 1, 2012, 11:41:50 pm »
Be strong Jason.  We're all here for you.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: January 1, 2012, 11:43:52 pm »
I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss, Vicky - RIP Dan, thank you for being there when things were tough for me, and for others here. I will miss you, I truly will.

jason23, your GP would've heard back if it had been serious but they need a nudge, just to be sure. Let us know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1091 on: January 1, 2012, 11:43:56 pm »
 Ah God damn, there's nothing more heartwrenching than reading accounts of lost ones from those who matter most.

I wish I could help more Vicky, cancer is a truly evil disease. Having lost two grandparents to it, I know exactly the effects it has on lives.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1092 on: January 1, 2012, 11:44:10 pm »

I know you don't want to trivialize anything Jason, you're not, but get that sorted mate. I don't want to say good luck because I'm sure you'll be fine, but you know what I mean.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1093 on: January 1, 2012, 11:48:46 pm »
RIP TSIS, what a dignified and love filled post to tell us.....

So sorry for all his family....

Spent the evening with a relative who is battling cancer, it may or may not be terminal, but the prognosis isn't fantastic.....

It's such a sad event and I have such admiration for the way people afflicted carry themselves.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #1094 on: January 1, 2012, 11:49:02 pm »
I hate cancer! Friend of mine and their whole family moved to Spain a couple of years ago and I have been in touch with them all the time. That friends brother who moved with them and who really got me into supporting Liverpool as much as I do now so I have a lot to be thankful for, died of cancer two weeks ago. He is having his ashes scattered at Anfield (or thats what I have heard from another friend). Turns out between his death and his funeral/cremation his dad also found out he had cancer which must have been heartbreaking to receive such news at such a terrible time. Now they are moving back here I think permanently and you could say it has ruined their lives pretty much.
Justice for the 97

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1095 on: January 2, 2012, 01:17:22 am »
So sorry to hear that Vicky, I offer my condolences to yourself, family and Dan's family. It's bloody gut wrenching, it truly is.

R.I.P. The Sky I Scrape, you inspired myself and others in this thread with your strength during the battle.

Jason, good luck pal, I'm sure they would have been back by now if it was serious, but my thoughts are with you and best wishes to yourself and every other person who maybe suffering in this thread.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #1096 on: January 2, 2012, 01:56:41 am »
Thanks so much for your kind words Danny would be chuffed to hear it................ You can put a face to the name now (hopefully if I haven't balls it up)  All the best guys xxx
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1097 on: January 2, 2012, 02:03:20 am »
Again with echoing Carl's response, losing a loved one around this time of year is especially difficult.  :'(
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1098 on: January 2, 2012, 02:04:36 am »
He looks like a young fellow with his life ahead of him.

Terrible thing Cancer, thanks for posting that Vicky, you and Dan look very happy together.

I've shed a few tears over this thread tonight, I'm probably not the only one. My heart goes out to you, good luck and have a great 2012 you deserve it

Best wishes

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: January 2, 2012, 02:09:34 am »
Really missing my Granda at the minute, would've loved him see me and my birdy get engaged yesterday, bittersweet heart and head at the minute.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: January 2, 2012, 02:15:28 am »
RIP TSIS

YNWA

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1101 on: January 2, 2012, 04:32:55 am »
Rest in peace, Sky I Scrape/Dan.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1102 on: January 2, 2012, 08:11:14 am »
last time i was on this thread Oct/Nov my dad had died from this cnut disease ... i had many shoulders to lean on.. (Thanks) & to read TSIS & Vicky's post opened the flood gates...... RIP
as i read the post's... it started to rain like mega heavy .... Suppose the sky is crying too....  :'( .. Peace love & Respect..
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: January 2, 2012, 08:26:23 am »
I'm so sorry to hear that, thank you for that post Vicky, so emotional.

I didn't know him personally but I feel so sad for your loss, such an awful thing to go through. There's so much support here from people who don't know each other, I just feel proud to be here. If there's anything you need, we are all here for you Vicky.

You could tell from his posts just how strong he was, a real fighter.

Rip Dan. :(
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1104 on: January 2, 2012, 08:28:09 am »
RIP Danny lad.

Condolences and thoughts to all his family and friends.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: January 2, 2012, 08:28:18 am »
Shite... saw this thread bumped and then read the sad post talking about the passing of The Sky I Scrape.  Obviously one of our own here on RAWK and it made for extremely sad reading. 

RIP TSIS
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline berrno3333

• Taliban Arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Noodles i slipped",
« Reply #1106 on: January 2, 2012, 10:25:56 am »
My thoughts are with you Vicky and all your family
May Danny rest in perfect peace.
YNWA.
An arsehole of the first order and proud of it.                                                                                   Founder member of the Popular front of Judea

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: January 2, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
My 15,000th post dedicated to the fight of this horrible, soul destroying disease. I'm not a religious person but God Bless anyone that meets this. I hope everyone that experiences can fight it.

I'm always thinking about you A.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: January 3, 2012, 12:04:40 am »
Just popped in here to see what had happened and then you posted the pic Vicky.... Nice to have a face to put on Danny's name but kinell tears will not stop rolling down my face... God bless the both of you.

I truely hope to see this fucker of a disease beaten in my lifetime... :sad

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: January 3, 2012, 12:08:05 am »
So sorry to hear that Vicky - my thoughts are with you and the family.

R.I.P Danny

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: January 3, 2012, 01:57:59 pm »
R.I.P Danny Y.N.W.A , My Condolences to yourself Vicky and Family and Friends and Loved Ones , Thoughts and Prayers with You All
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: January 3, 2012, 02:05:20 pm »
Absolutely gutted.

RIP Dan.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1112 on: January 3, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »
Gutting that. This bastard thing doesn't discriminate or ease up.

RIP TSIS. For those suffering, do your best and keep on fighting.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Effes

• Bat droppings in the gym. Bestial Porn Fiend. Horsey horsey dont you stop, now you're wanted by internet cop. Four legs good, two legs bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No longer goes the game. Thread-starter bore
« Reply #1113 on: January 3, 2012, 02:21:02 pm »
God

Sleep well TSIS - and deepest condolences to Vicky.

So sorry to hear this
Conversion into the opposite - a fool who persists in his folly will become wise.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1114 on: January 5, 2012, 07:11:31 pm »
RIP TSIS

hopefully your in a better place.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1115 on: January 5, 2012, 09:48:14 pm »
Vicky, as I read your message, I couldn't hold back the tears.  My deepest thoughts and prayers are with you all - family, friends and loved ones.

We are all here for you if you need anything, anything at all.

RIP The Sky I Scrape

YNWA

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1116 on: January 5, 2012, 10:13:11 pm »
I don't really post in this thread but do read it quite a bit and I have to say some in here are an inspiration, you truly are.

R.I.P TSIS.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1117 on: January 6, 2012, 09:47:34 am »
RIP The Sky I Scrape/Dan and sincerest condolences Vicky. As many have said, his positivity in the face of ultimate adversity is something that I have also found deeply inspiring and helpful in deaing with cancer issues in my own life.

This made me think of something people often say on this site - "its only the internet".  No it is not - it is an aspect of real life and as valid and tangible a community as any other.  What I have got from here over the years has helped, informed, enlighted and consoled me and that must be a good thing.  I have found at least as much humanity and empathy here as "in real life" and at times been able to say things and get honest feedback the likes of which people are often hesitant to give face to face.

In that context, people in this thread have been a great help - luckily for me, my Dad seems to be OK. Surgery and 7 rounds of chemo done and other than minor seizures, which apparently are normal after brain surgery, is currently in good shape to celebrate his 70th birthday Sunday after next.

Thanks all and Dan, we will be thinking about you.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2012, 10:25:52 am by Raul. »

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1118 on: January 6, 2012, 10:02:12 am »

This made me think of something people often say on this site - "its only the internet".  No it is not - it is an aspect of real life and as valid and tangible a community as any other.  What I have got from here over the years has helped, informed, enlighted and consoled me over the years and that must be a good thing.  I have found at least as much humanity and empathy here as "in real life" and at times been able to say things and get honest feedback the likes of which people are often hesitant to give face to face.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

In that context, people in this thread have been a great help - luckily for me, my Dad seems to be OK. Surgery and 7 rounds of chemo done and other than minor seizures, which apparently are normal after brain surgery, is currently in good shape to celebrate his 70th birthday Sunday after next.

Great to hear.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1119 on: January 6, 2012, 10:03:35 am »

This made me think of something people often say on this site - "its only the internet".  No it is not - it is an aspect of real life and as valid and tangible a community as any other.  What I have got from here over the years has helped, informed, enlighted and consoled me over the years and that must be a good thing.  I have found at least as much humanity and empathy here as "in real life" and at times been able to say things and get honest feedback the likes of which people are often hesitant to give face to face.

I couldn’t agree more Raul. I know in most threads RAWK is one big pisstake but there are certain threads that never fail to amaze me in terms of how much good advice and support is offered up, obviously this being one of them.

Best of luck for your Dad. I have to say I’m a little nervous at the moment, My Dad had to go in for a procedure to run some tests on his prostate a few months ago after his test scores raised a few questions. It seemed like everything was ok. He’s since been told that his numbers have doubled (not sure what that means in medical terms, it’s all new to me) and has to have another operation next month. Obviously hoping it’s just routine and that they’re taking sensible precautions but it doesn’t half get your mind wandering.