Author Topic: Hillsborough memorial service 15th April 2004  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Hillsborough memorial service 15th April 2004
« on: April 8, 2004, 12:58:52 pm »
The Hillsborough Justice Campaign will be holding its usual memorial procession to mark the 15th anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster on Thursday 15th April 2004, prior to this year's memorial service which takes place at Anfield.

The procession will commence from the HJC shop/office (178 Walton Breck Road, Anfield) and will proceed to the Hillsborough Memorial on Anfield Road, where words of remembrance will be said and floral tributes will be laid.

96 red roses will be handed to our members to wear on the walk to the ground.   

The procession starts at 1.45pm (meet by 1.30pm please) from the shop, which will be open from 12pm, where tea & coffee will be served. The procession will end in time for everyone to join the service inside Anfield.

ALL ARE WELCOME to join us, to remember the 96 men, women and children who lost their lives watching a football match on the 15th April 1989.

Thank you to all our friends for the constant support we receive from them throughout the year.

email: info@hillsboroughjustice.org.uk

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/home.shtm

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

96 candles still burn bright
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Re: Hillsborough memorial service 15th April 2004
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2004, 01:03:52 pm »
Details of the service itself which takes place after the HJC march:

15TH HILLSBOROUGH MEMORIAL SERVICE

Thursday, 15th April 2004 will be the 15th anniversary of the disaster in Sheffield that cost the lives of 96 fellow supporters. The Hillsborough Family Support Group is once again organising a memorial service to mark the occasion and remember those who died.

The service will be inter-denominational and take place on the Kop. Doors will open at 2pm and the families will take their seats at 2.30pm. As in previous years the service is expected to be well attended and therefore request you allow plenty of time to get here and take seats no later than 2.20pm.

The service will start at 2.45pm and conclude at approximately 3.30pm. As the Hillsborough Family Support Group call the names of each individual a candle will be lit in their memory. We will observe a minute's silence at 3.06pm and end the service with the singing of You'll Never Walk Alone.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US

Tickets are not required and we extend an open invitation to you all to join the families, representatives of Liverpool FC and thousands of fellow football fans in our annual act of remembrance.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Stephen King

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh dear!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 03:55:37 pm »
Is there going to be car parking available. LIke on a match day or not.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 03:57:08 pm »
should be able to park anywhere, i think

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 10:57:52 pm »
The parking restrictions that are in place around Anfield on matchdays will not be in place on thursday. There is adequate parking available in the streets around the ground.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Stephen King

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh dear!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 11:03:17 pm »
Thanks.

Offline Brooks

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 02:54:14 am »
Wish I could be there..........
Seriously, how fucking stupid can this get. Chelsea could not be more lucky. Those stupid fuckers. And Gary Neville who's been making sweet love to them all night and GOD DAMMIT I HATE EVERYTHING. FUCK CHELSEA. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I HATE THEM SO GODDAM MUCH!!!!