Author Topic: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)  (Read 418159 times)

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)
« Reply #4040 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:41 pm »
I'm starting to wonder whether Borini is Mighty Red. Very quiet again today with only the Kop making an effort. Swansea will be interesting Tuesday. See how many empty seats we manage

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4041 on: October 25, 2014, 09:40:04 pm »
Oh Christ.  Not something else now for fuckksakes.   :butt

It was a penalty shoot out for a few local lads involved with kick it out.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #4042 on: October 25, 2014, 09:51:21 pm »

Oh thank God for that.  Gratitude to you Swissgaz for that.   :-* :wave  Great stuff for those lads.  I hope they were all given some nice hospitality thereafter.  LFC (or their sponsors) always used to do mascots and similar proud back in the day.  I hope the tradition is being kept up.

Sorry to react like a startled (albeit elderly and a tad stiff in the joints) gazelle, but you do have to watch your back with these buggers and their like and not give an inch.  Wembley was once dignfied but all gone to cock now.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4043 on: October 25, 2014, 09:53:20 pm »
I thought the atmosphere was decent today, especially second half. Better than it has been lately anyway
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #4044 on: October 25, 2014, 09:58:42 pm »
I thought the atmosphere was decent today, especially second half. Better than it has been lately anyway

It was ok wasn't it. Team clearly picked up the pace, especially whe Lambert and Coutinho came on and everyone could see that and got behind them.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #4045 on: October 25, 2014, 10:00:44 pm »
Well done to the Hull fans for clapping our victorious ladies at half time . Decent set of supporters, had a good chat with a couple after the game about the whole 'Tigers' issue. Good luck to them with that.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #4046 on: October 25, 2014, 10:01:31 pm »
Well done to the Hull fans for clapping our victorious ladies at half time . Decent set of supporters, had a good chat with a couple after the game about the whole 'Tigers' issue. Good luck to them with that.

Was pre game but yup. Good effort.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Lee1970

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4047 on: October 25, 2014, 10:03:51 pm »
ticket price Banners were great today.

Saw some cockney twat moaning that they were getting in his way of taking pictures though hilariously enough, often wonder why these people get tickets on the kop though, it's like going to KFC and complaining about there being too much chicken

Maybe the 'cockney twat' was a season ticket holder, or a regular matchgoer who wanted to take some pics?

Also, your KFC analogy doesn't really work, you go to KFC to get some chicken and then you get some chicken, you go to Anfield to see/watch the game/players, you don't go to Anfield to get your view obstructed! :)

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: October 25, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »

Better than the lads from Singapore at the derby.

Fucking blueshite lapped that up.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #4049 on: October 25, 2014, 10:12:24 pm »
Was pre game but yup. Good effort.

Yes you're right

Was the highlight of my match going 'experience' 😕
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: October 25, 2014, 10:14:11 pm »
Maybe the 'cockney twat' was a season ticket holder, or a regular matchgoer who wanted to take some pics?

Also, your KFC analogy doesn't really work, you go to KFC to get some chicken and then you get some chicken, you go to Anfield to see/watch the game/players, you don't go to Anfield to get your view obstructed! :)

You were the cockney fella trying to take pics weren't ya? ;)

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #4051 on: October 25, 2014, 10:18:15 pm »
I go to about 8-10 games a season and I find it's some of the full season goers who are the worst. They don't sing and are constantly negative and moaning about the play - nothing positive is ever said. Obviously this doesn't apply to all of you, but the ones in the section I sit in are always the same, to the point I'm mumbling under my breath 'just support the fucking team' it really does grate on you!

All in all the atmosphere seemed ok today, especially later in the second half when we pressed more and went close to scoring, thought it might suffer post Real.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4052 on: October 25, 2014, 10:18:46 pm »
Knees up mother brown, knees up mother brown. Into Anfield Road you go, ee-aye ee-aye oh.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Lee1970

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4053 on: October 25, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »
You were the cockney fella trying to take pics weren't ya? ;)

Haha, no...I do think however that whoever it was should not be labelled a 'twat' just because he wanted to take photos!

It irritates me when people come out with this sort of shit!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4054 on: October 25, 2014, 10:30:50 pm »
Depends when and what off though? Pre match, yeah OK (although would be better if we were all singing but I live in cloud cuckoo dream land).

During match, maybe if there's a break in play, of something you want to remember like a scoreboard that says "Liverpool 4-0 Everton". Not some blurry shot of Abel Hernandez running which is going to be blurry and shit anyway, or god forbid, Ronaldo celebrating after scoring against us.

Half time. Again OK whip your camera out and go get a picture of your little lad by the pitch or in the hustle and bustle of the crowd.

Post match. Yeah take some more pictures no worries.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: October 25, 2014, 10:32:49 pm »

Moaning because somebody is holding up banners on the kop before the game is fucking ridiculous, especially when said banners are being raised as a protest against rising match ticket prices and local kids not being able to go to the game.

Much more important than someone wanting to go to their mates "hey look here's Anfield from an angle you could find 10000 pictures of online".

If you don't want banners "obstructing your view" before kick off don't get a ticket on the kop, simple as
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:57 pm »
Just had a look at the availability of tickets for Swansea, good couple of thousand at least at competitive prices.  I hope nobody ever raises the locals are priced out argument again, quite simply tickets are available but not being taken up.    Without the out of towners, whoppers and day trippers we would probably be averaging 30000 for home games.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:45:29 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: October 25, 2014, 10:44:16 pm »
Haha, no...I do think however that whoever it was should not be labelled a 'twat' just because he wanted to take photos!

It irritates me when people come out with this sort of shit!

No Lee.  Banners are only allowed to be hoisted when play is not in progress - usually before kick off.  Personally I used to love it - especially the massive travelling ones.  So if this person wants to take photos he would do well to take himself down to the pitch level barrier, lean back and capture the magnificence of a fully bannered Kop as opposed to sittimg and whining about his view being blocked.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: October 25, 2014, 10:49:57 pm »
Just had a look at the availability of tickets for Swansea, good couple of thousand at least at competitive prices.  I hope nobody ever raises the locals are priced out argument again, quite simply tickets are available but not being taken up.    Without the out of towners, whoppers and day trippers we would probably be averaging 30000 for home games.

Ah so that's what the locals should be treated to now? "Enjoy your couple league cup games a year or fuck off", most clubs don't even care about the league cup never mind fans, it's Liverpool's 4th priority this season. These "cheap tickets" are still £30-£35 to watch our squad players play Swansea's squad players. You think people want to just show up for a couple league cup games and then not go again until next season? It's a culture

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #4059 on: October 25, 2014, 10:50:29 pm »
People moaning about their view being obstructed by XY in the Kop is the clearest sign of the death of a supporter and a rule of customer.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: October 25, 2014, 10:54:41 pm »
Ah so that's what the locals should be treated to now? "Enjoy your couple league cup games a year or fuck off", most clubs don't even care about the league cup never mind fans, it's Liverpool's 4th priority this season. These "cheap tickets" are still £30-£35 to watch our squad players play Swansea's squad players. You think people want to just show up for a couple league cup games and then not go again until next season? It's a culture

You missed the point, I am a local and I imagine there are 29999 other locals at the average game who do make the effort despite the ludicrous pricing, the point is that those that say that they can never get a ticket could be there on Tuesday but choose not to.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4061 on: October 25, 2014, 10:56:31 pm »
You missed the point, I am a local and I imagine there are 29999 other locals at the average game who do make the effort despite the ludicrous pricing, the point is that those that say that they can never get a ticket could be there on Tuesday but choose not to.

Probably because they don't want to be wheeled out in a 4th rate competition to pay over the odds to fill up the numbers for what will effectively be a reserve game against Swansea. I don't really care about the local vs OOT thing as long as they understand the culture of Liverpool FC

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: October 25, 2014, 10:58:54 pm »

Its also quite degrading and humiliating.  And those prices are ridiculous.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: October 25, 2014, 11:00:05 pm »
Probably because they don't want to be wheeled out in a 4th rate competition to pay over the odds to fill up the numbers for what will effectively be a reserve game against Swansea. I don't really care about the local vs OOT thing as long as they understand the culture of Liverpool FC

Agreed, with the where they come from ethic, hope we get a high profile away if we roll Swansea over, always a good night out with a large Scouse following.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Lee1970

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4064 on: October 25, 2014, 11:00:25 pm »
Depends when and what off though? Pre match, yeah OK (although would be better if we were all singing but I live in cloud cuckoo dream land).

During match, maybe if there's a break in play, of something you want to remember like a scoreboard that says "Liverpool 4-0 Everton". Not some blurry shot of Abel Hernandez running which is going to be blurry and shit anyway, or god forbid, Ronaldo celebrating after scoring against us.

Half time. Again OK whip your camera out and go get a picture of your little lad by the pitch or in the hustle and bustle of the crowd.

Post match. Yeah take some more pictures no worries.

I obviously presumed the 'cockney twat' was taking pictures pre-game, i.e. when the banners were out.

The idea that for some reason you become a 'twat' for wanting to take pictures pre-game is my main problem. For fucks sake, we see non-involved players tweeting pics of the crowd before games, are they now 'twats'? It does my head in...the OOT versus local support argument that paints rare matchday goers as the enemy, there are plenty of bells within the actual match going support that dont deserve their seat imo, fucking moaning and criticising at every opportunity given. I don't have the answer to a perfect crowd, but given a chance, I would get rid of the moaning die hards who think that criticising the teamon the pitch is good.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4065 on: October 25, 2014, 11:00:48 pm »
Sorry don't agree that people shouldn't moan that can never get tickets because a League Cup game which is effectively a reserve game is still available (at £35? 4 less than a Kop ticket for today's game).

It's the scant availability of league tickets that is the problem. 110,000 members and 10,000 tickets per match.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4066 on: October 25, 2014, 11:02:55 pm »
I obviously presumed the 'cockney twat' was taking pictures pre-game, i.e. when the banners were out.

The idea that for some reason you become a 'twat' for wanting to take pictures pre-game is my main problem. For fucks sake, we see non-involved players tweeting pics of the crowd before games, are they now 'twats'? It does my head in...the OOT versus local support argument that paints rare matchday goers as the enemy, there are plenty of bells within the actual match going support that dont deserve their seat imo, fucking moaning and criticising at every opportunity given. I don't have the answer to a perfect crowd, but given a chance, I would get rid of the moaning die hards who think that criticising the teamon the pitch is good.

We're singing from the same hymn sheet pal.

Problem is many who go to the ground expect they deserve something. When actually they've got a fucking job to do! Can see why they expect entertainment and a free blowjob from John Henry's missus at up to sixty quid a pop, but they're wrong.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: October 25, 2014, 11:04:39 pm »

I didn't say you become a twat for wanting to take pictures pre-game.

I said you're a twat if you're going to complain about people raising banners protesting ticket prices + kids not being able to go the game because you wanted to take a picture, especially when you're on the kop where if you have any understanding of Liverpool FC at all you'd know banners get raised before every game.

They're 2 completely different things

Offline Lee1970

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4068 on: October 25, 2014, 11:27:28 pm »
I didn't say you become a twat for wanting to take pictures pre-game.

I said you're a twat if you're going to complain about people raising banners protesting ticket prices + kids not being able to go the game because you wanted to take a picture, especially when you're on the kop where if you have any understanding of Liverpool FC at all you'd know banners get raised before every game.

They're 2 completely different things

It depends on the context...you made this guy out to be a 'cockney twat' because he wanted to take a photo. you ridiculed him, yet you know nothing about him I presume?

It may have been his first time at Anfield, it may have been his 150th, what I don't understand is your understanding that he 'knew' what was going on, i.e. ticket price protest! For fucks sake, give the guy a break, he wanted a pic, something got in his way, he complained about it...no big deal, should he really be called a 'twat' and all that goes along with this?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: October 26, 2014, 12:26:06 am »
Locked for a bit. Put the handbags down.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:33:48 am by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770