Author Topic: No need to worry about Suarez - definitely not....  (Read 10103 times)

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
Re: No need to worry about Suarez - definitely not....
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 11:28:13 pm »
He had some time off in December didn't he because of his ban for biting an opponent? What was it, 7 weeks? He was looking good in that Stoke game which was his first for a while, and then got into the swing of things and looked amazing. He also had time off when we were in the Europa League. The Copa America is, in regards to his fitness, his pre-season. He'll have a couple of weeks off before the season starts maybe but he'll be back for Sunderland.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2011, 11:37:43 pm »
Why can't this go in the Suarez thread, so annoying when people open pointless threads

You're worse than an aul' one, stfu!

Hardly surprising in fairness. Hope they go on to win it now having gotten so far.

Offline xman2007

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Suarez Is Not A Racist!
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 11:52:09 pm »
It's probably worth noting being a new member of these forums that experience doesn't always count for wisdom and infact I have seen first hand that SOME people who have a lot to say, infact just have a lot of crap to talk about and enjoy the sound of their own voices typing.

Offline RedHandGang

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2011, 12:26:06 am »
No problem our resident Geordie with his Smoggy sidekick will be itching to stick it to the Mackems. Interesting to see if Henderson is selected being a Mackem though.
"One defends when his strength is inadaquate, he attacks when it is abundant."

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2011, 12:34:05 am »
He clearly doesn't want to be at the club, he'd much rather be in South America speaking Brazilian with his home boys. Time to cash in, methinks.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2011, 01:54:19 am »
I don't care if he is on rest for a few weeks after Copa just so that when he returns to duty he repeats his form from last season.

We should be able to survive without him in the line-up.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2011, 02:03:21 am »
he rested for 3 months after his ear biting episode so...  don't sweat it

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2011, 02:13:33 am »
got to be honest, a bit of shit came out of my arse when i saw the thread title. thought he had done his knee in or something.

we should support our players in what makes them happy. winning the copa with uruguay will make luis come back here with a (even bigger) smile on his face,

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2011, 02:23:18 am »
That's right. And considering he is stuck there through this weekend anyway (third place game should they lose tonight) he should make the most of it.

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2011, 03:19:35 am »
The only problem here is that while Suarez may have his fitness, he needs some time to get to know his new team mates and get used to the playing styles and know where they will run to.  I seriously hope that he shortens his break so that he can have some time training n playing with his new team.  Frankly, he barely played with Gerrard and now he has to play with Adam and  Downing as well.  Our team needs to be sharp by the time we play Arsenal, I would like to hit them when they are down, i.e.  when they are still out of sorts from Cesc and Nasri defections (or potential defections if the transfers fell through)

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2011, 03:22:57 am »
The only problem here is that while Suarez may have his fitness, he needs some time to get to know his new team mates and get used to the playing styles and know where they will run to.  I seriously hope that he shortens his break so that he can have some time training n playing with his new team.  Frankly, he barely played with Gerrard and now he has to play with Adam and  Downing as well.  Our team needs to be sharp by the time we play Arsenal, I would like to hit them when they are down, i.e.  when they are still out of sorts from Cesc and Nasri defections (or potential defections if the transfers fell through)

He's got such a sharp footballing brain, reads the game really well, and fully commits himself to every moment. Therefore, I don't think it'll be much of a problem with him. He gelled fairly well with our team right away when he came in mid-season.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2011, 09:43:11 am »
It does highlight a need for a new striker possibly.

Or just simply another top class forward?

Take Suarez out of our team (based on his form last season at least) and we lose a big part of our attacking threat. I said at the start of the summer that we could do with someone of his calibre adding to the squad and I still believe that.

Downing was a good addition, but I still feel we're one short in that area and Suarez' absence will only serve to highlight that further in my opinion.

That said, i'm glad to see him scoring and playing well.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:29 am »
It does highlight a need for a new striker possibly.

I am sure we can play with Carroll up front and Downing and Kuyt flanking him though.
yep, shouldnt be too bad

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2011, 03:31:49 pm »
Surely 3 weeks is enough break aint it?

My thoughts exactly chum. Suarez doesn't exactly strike me as your typical pampered superstar who needs their r&r. I think with his personaility he'll be raring to go. Remember he came to us in Jan after a long absense and we saw then what a half fit Suarez was capable of. I'm sure he'll be happy just to have gotten a long string of games under his belt.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2011, 03:40:47 pm »
he got a big break around last christmas didnt he

he was suspended for ages after he went for a bite to eat in amsterdam
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 03:43:10 pm »
he got a big break around last christmas didnt he

he was suspended for ages after he went for a bite to eat in amsterdam

Something like a 9 game ban I think. He's had plenty of rest. Besides, we aren't plaing two games a week. I almost certainly think he will start against Arsenal away. Might get a rest against Sunderland if he needs it.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
Re: 'Suarez worry for Liverpool'
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 03:45:16 pm »
Why can't this go in the Suarez thread, so annoying when people open pointless threads

Cool! Is this the place where we can moan about people starting threads unnecessarily? If so, I'm in!     :no :no :no
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2011, 05:16:13 pm »
Thinking about this earlier, just how good is he? And how good will he become?

For me if he keeps going like this and progressing, then in 12 months time he would be in the top 5 in the world.

How long before teams start sniffing  :-\

Offline CANADAlglish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:05 pm »
what better pre-season training can Luis have then taking his nation to teh Copa Final?

just says to me he will be on fire entering the prem season. .

you can smell the fear. . .

Offline Mr Bojangles

• Main Stander
  • They mostly come at night you know..
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2011, 05:35:47 pm »

For me if he keeps going like this and progressing, then in 12 months time he would be in the top 5 in the world.

Guess we'll just have to win the league and show him he's exactly where he needs to be then. Or we could sell him to Corinthians for 50m..
Mostly..

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2011, 05:38:22 pm »

Not long, and as I keep on trying to remind people, he said he wants to play for Barca one day. Same scenario as Masch.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2011, 05:40:48 pm »
I hope he has a good holiday for 3 weeks.Should be back in the squad for the arsenal game

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2011, 05:43:20 pm »
I suspect he'll have a 2 week break then be back with the squad before the Sunderland game and start it from the bench.

It's crucial we start well and he is now our best and most important player so even 30 minutes of him would be worth it.